eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
pssquishy wrote:But since we are typing and not speaking out loud... I mean, since we are /typing and not /speaking out loud. Nope. Makes me look like a moron too.

No, it's not something you randomly put in front of verbs. I think you're missing the reference here.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

leonryan wrote:so close to this mysterious "fog". i'm dying to find out what it's like on the inside. i'm picturing something like valhalla.

I think it's more akin to one of those weird Japanese game shows where people take abuse for cash prizes.

Jackofallgames

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jackofallgames

This shirt needs.. something. Can't quite put my finger on it. But whatever it is, it needs -more- of it.

I got it! More dots! ;)

Player of all. Master of none.

lavalamp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lavalamp

The Suffixes...es?
GMV, though - dig it.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Very cute. Love the expression on the rabbit and the glasses, and the crickets instruments are great too!

Vote!

bunnyfairy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bunnyfairy

Mikenytola is right. Majority wins. Especially here. Some people want creative T-shirts. That is their reason to vote. Some people want to buy just cute and funny T-shirt that’s why they vote on for instance cute and funny bunny ones. Many people want creative and original T-shirts , but some of them found the cute ones creative and original and they might found other people favorite ones boring or less creative. Everybody is different. There are lots of cute animal designed T-shirt and only few of them won. Probably there is reason. Maybe they are creative and funny, just not for everybody. We need to tolerate everybody’s taste and desire and let the best to win.
Everybody should just calm down and relax and stop attacking each other. This should be a fun site for all of us.

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
IndependentVik wrote:I love how you keep typing the same thing over and over, like it makes what you have to say any less false.

I love how you continue to not read things correctly. I wouldn't have to repeat myself so much. I did not insult his ideology, I just stated that he was a blaring liberal and there no use having a conversation with them anymore. If you take that as insulting then that is your problem not mine. Nor was my "actual" argument with that personal about the nature of majorities. Nor were my original statements directed to you being a person doing nothing but complaining. You seem to be taking it so personally. Who is jumping to conclusions here? Nor did I even hint that you were a liberal either "doofus", which goes back to my point that you have having a hard time comprehending what is written or are just not reading it. You can call me out for calling certain people douchey if you want, that one could apply to some people.

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
trekmiss wrote:They play outside my window every night. I wish they wouldn't...

This band used to creep me out when I was a kid. Sounded like a scary crying child or something.

eHalcyon

mikenytola wrote:I love how you continue to not read things correctly. I wouldn't have to repeat myself so much. I did not insult his ideology, I just stated that he was a blaring liberal and there no use having a conversation with them anymore. If you take that as insulting then that is your problem not mine. Nor was my "actual" argument with that personal about the nature of majorities. Nor were my original statements directed to you being a person doing nothing but complaining. You seem to be taking it so personally. Who is jumping to conclusions here? Nor did I even hint that you were a liberal either "doofus", which goes back to my point that you have having a hard time comprehending what is written or are just not reading it. You can call me out for calling certain people douchey if you want, that one could apply to some people.

The way you said "blaring liberal" made it seem like an insult.

I'm going to try not to get any more involved in this argument, but I'd like to say that Vik is one of the most reasonable, level-headed guys in the shirt.woot forums.

That is all.

anthrochick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anthrochick
AdderXYU wrote:There wasn't much of a point being made, unless you consider "KoRn has a dumb name" to be the point. I thought a parody of a band would be a completely viable path to take.

Either way, I don't have much of a problem with people making a point with their entries as long as it is a viable point. I think most "points" made around here are the "nyah, I can manipulate the most voters" sort. I am all for protesting the status quo, but as with any protest, it must be done intelligently to be successful. Part of art is making waves. You can't make waves and play to the crowd at once.

Though as hypocritical as such a move might be on my part, it would be no less hypocritical for people to criticize me for it while not criticizing the people who stand up for such hypocrisy every week, would it not?

That's fair enough, I suppose: using the h-word was an easy shot to take and one which is always inherently flawed. I would, however, argue that you can indeed "make waves" and "play to the crowd" simultaneously so long as you choose the right crowd and the right waves.

...and KoRn is a stupid band name.

leonryan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages leonryan
tgentry wrote:I think it's more akin to one of those weird Japanese game shows where people take abuse for cash prizes.

That suits me just fine! I'm not above pain or humiliation for the right price.

spanishmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

This is really beautiful. I love the hand-crafted look of this design.

nbouscal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nbouscal
re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry.aspx?id=32839]

I've shown this sub to several people who don't know anything about woot, and they've all found it pretty damn funny. It's relatively clever wordplay and, as has been said, is a pretty accurate comment about the music industry. Honestly, the self-deprecating reference is just icing on the cake that, to me, makes the shirt even funnier. If it wasn't a good shirt to begin with then yeah, reject it, but with everything else aside the shirt stands alone as something I'd definitely wear. Hope it prints.

ChuckleNorris

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ChuckleNorris

I wanted it to be apparent that this is band shirt. Thanks for the votes though.

voteemu

quality posts: 3 Private Messages voteemu
Re: Rock 'Till Your Copyright Expires

Brilliant! Simply brilliant

voteemu

quality posts: 3 Private Messages voteemu
Re: Rock 'Till Your Copyright Expires

Brilliant! Simply brilliant

spanishmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

It really does look like the female anatomy. Even the name green "dream machine" makes me question the intent here...

pssquishy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pssquishy
eHalcyon wrote:The way you said "blaring liberal" made it seem like an insult.

I'm going to try not to get any more involved in this argument, but I'd like to say that Vik is one of the most reasonable, level-headed guys in the shirt.woot forums.

That is all.

What are you saying about the rest of us? Huh? Huh?

pssquishy

JordanTG wrote:Doll looks a lot like the one from Korn issues album imo.

http://crocmusic.com/images/albums_large/219/korn_issues.jpg

First thing I thought of.

pssquishy

eHalcyon wrote:No, it's not something you randomly put in front of verbs. I think you're missing the reference here.

No. I get it. I was being a smart ass. This is kylemittskus, by the way. Or, my alter ego.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: cerebral discharge

Awesome sir.

sargentmatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sargentmatt

Pretty sweet, but the lack of feet is a bit disturbing.

eHalcyon

pssquishy wrote:No. I get it. I was being a smart ass. This is kylemittskus, by the way. Or, my alter ego.

Ha, ok then.

eHalcyon

pssquishy wrote:What are you saying about the rest of us? Huh? Huh?

You're all a bunch of jerky jerkfaced jerks! NYAH.

beck9057

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beck9057

PSSHYEAH! Clever indeed. Awesomeness at its finest. GMV and good luck!

Drakxxx

Re: The Space Crabs

Incredible work sir. The B movie vibe is storng in this one, and I like it a lot.

Drakxxx

Re: Avengeful Death

Mel, this my favorite design of the contest. The characters, concept and colors are off the charts!
I know the derby can be tough at times, but keep doing what you do. Your a fantastic artist.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
mikenytola wrote:I did not insult his ideology, I just stated that he was a blaring liberal and there no use having a conversation with them anymore.

And how, exactly, is that not insulting his ideology? You call someone a blaring anything and that's an implied insult. If you weren't such a blaring illiterate, maybe you'd realize that.

edit: As well, saying that someone is a ____ and therefore there's no use talking to them is an insult against whatever ____ happens to be.

Drakxxx

Re: The Eucalyptus Melancholy

Thanks for all the support as always guys. Also, thanks for the lyrics eHalcyon! I think It'll be the koala's big hit single.

jones21403

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jones21403
Re: Gnotace

So, if anyone was wondering the "G" would be silent like in "gnome." I wasn't expecting a win. I just thought it was a cool idea. If you didn't get the thumbnail hint, look at it upside down. Please vote and leave comments. I would like to know what people think.

EndGameOmega

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EndGameOmega
ensmind wrote:More Text added... I have other ideas, but I really wanted this back up... just for Text Sake!

Added the hidden numerical value of Pi, the title of the band and the subtext!

Enjoy Wooters...

Peace!

Heh, Good job. +1 vote.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: The June 09ers!

FF looks older than she did in real life, but the others are well drawn.

jbdeboer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbdeboer

Ugh. Seriously?

This is a fake band on a fake TV show geared for fake children and is broadcasting on a fake TV station, again with a fake target audience of fake children.

I don't take issue with the designer. I just shake my head in disbelief at those who voted it into the fog. And I will shake my head in disbelief when I see you walking down the street wearing this fake band shirt.

Ikonos71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ikonos71
spanishmel wrote:Since this isn't picking up many votes, go ahead and tell me why you don't like this design? Is it too much?

I think it's great work, and if I viewed these derbies as an art contest, you would get my vote. However, it's just not something I would wear on a T-shirt.

I see a lot of entries in these derbies that I feel exactly the same about. This week's theme makes it even more difficult for me to find any shirts I would wear.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: The Suffixeses

Yay, Jamie! I was feeling sad because quite a few of my favorites hadn't entered (Yet? Please?). Now that you are here, I am much happier. And this is a great shirt to boot (no pun intended)!

hewtab

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hewtab
jones21403 wrote:So, if anyone was wondering the "G" would be silent like in "gnome." I wasn't expecting a win. I just thought it was a cool idea. If you didn't get the thumbnail hint, look at it upside down. Please vote and leave comments. I would like to know what people think.

...wat?

dseetin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dseetin
Re: The Dental Flossers

I love this. I'm a dental student at University of Washington! GMV

infantile8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages infantile8
Re: Slave of the Senses

this shirt is *awesome*. chris cornell's next project, maybe?!

shirt.woots: 15 ~~~ woots: 5 ~~~ sellout.woots: 1 ~~~ bs.o.c.: 1

silverkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverkey
Re: Botanical Beard

Funky and oddly appealing, GMV.

dseetin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dseetin
Re: Tooth Ache

A must have for dental students like myself! GMV