Tahoe85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tahoe85
Re: Bunny Holly

This design had me belly laughing! I would SO buy one! Thanks for the great entry!

yuppicide

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yuppicide

I wouldn't want to buy this, but I do like your work and how you show the sample on an actual person. Looks great.

Re: Captain Salt

yuppicide

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yuppicide

I voted. I love this shirt.

Re: Gonna Make You Lunch

krouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krouth
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=32839]

Bums me out that this design (and Ramb's design) are still in the fog...

dogfaceminer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dogfaceminer
Re: The Doodle Brothers

Wonderfully weird.

Tahoe85

Re: The samurai scotsmen

EXCELLENT entry! Thanks so much for the smile!

superkevio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superkevio
Tahoe85 wrote:This design had me belly laughing! I would SO buy one! Thanks for the great entry!

Thank you, you are too kind - I hope there are a lot of people out there that think like you!

gr3ygoos3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gr3ygoos3
Re: The June 09ers!

R.I.P Billy you WILL be missed. Witness the power of Billy Mays!!!!!!

I have 2 favorite baseball teams. the Red Sox and ANYONE who beats the Yankees!!!!!!!

gr3ygoos3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gr3ygoos3
Re: The June 09ers!

R.I.P Billy you WILL be missed. Witness the power of Billy Mays!!!!!!

I have 2 favorite baseball teams. the Red Sox and ANYONE who beats the Yankees!!!!!!!

Tahoe85

Re: Scientology Tabernacle Choir

This is HYSTERICAL! Thanks so much for the pleasure of your shirt this morning. I'd definitely buy one.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
Re: The Rockin' Martian Sushi Chefs

Very well done! The check boxes at the bottom are a nice touch.

Tahoe85

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
yuppicide wrote:I like this shirt. Good design.

Thanks for the votes, everyone!

Ommog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ommog
krouth wrote:Bums me out that this design (and Ramb's design) are still in the fog...

Honestly... this derby had so much potential and so many great designs, but they've been overshadowed by gag-inducing cutesy animals and incredibly overdone jokes (I'm looking at you, "Monsters of Cowbell" shirt).

Oh well, I just hope the next derby is a bit more interesting.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
falseutopia wrote:I agree with that...what's with the exact same pandas on so many of your other entries???

One entry is not "so many". This is only the second design of his featuring pandas. DF has used the same simple-cartoon-scratchy-texture style many times though, if that's what you mean.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

JordanTG

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JordanTG
Re: The Sex Drugs

GMV and in for one if you keep the illustration the size it is now.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
mitchellp wrote:Somebody has WAY too much time on their hands.

What can I say? I like writing poetry. Joke song lyrics isn't too far a stretch.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

leonryan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages leonryan
cainja1 wrote:Freakin Sweet! But can you explain the name and its relation to the robot?

The Sex Drugs obviously are a sex, drugs, and rock and roll outfit, and the robot was because i used to work with a band and the general consensus was that a drummer should be a mindless automaton with perfect timing.
plus i just like robots.
i made this one out of a tin can as a mild reference to Pop and andy warhols soup cans, and i gave him an antique microphone for a head because i liked the art deco shapes and musical relevance.

ensmind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ensmind

Hellboy and the Golden Army... I finally see the reference...

domi123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages domi123
superkevio wrote:Nobody dissin' anybody here - just a friendly competition. What shirt did you design? I'd like to check it out!

I think he's quoting a song by Weezer called Buddy Holly that starts off with "what's with these hommies dissin' my girl?"

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
leonryan wrote:The Sex Drugs obviously are a sex, drugs, and rock and roll outfit, and the robot was because i used to work with a band and the general consensus was that a drummer should be a mindless automaton with perfect timing.
plus i just like robots.
i made this one out of a tin can as a mild reference to Pop and andy warhols soup cans, and i gave him an antique microphone for a head because i liked the art deco shapes and musical relevance.

hoho... I didn't even notice that the robot's body was a tin can. And I thought the microphone was the filament of his light bulb head.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: The Suffixeses

Very cute Boots.
Would have to get a couple for the kiddos.

htebazile

quality posts: 1 Private Messages htebazile
Re: Watch Out For Bears

I really love this. Excellent colors to go on a black shirt, and the font is great. It looks like it won't print (Boooo!), but I hope you'll print it elsewhere.

huhnjo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages huhnjo
Re: AGENT SKULLET (resub)

Love the concept and design.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Re: The Rockin' Martian Sushi Chefs

Ha! So funny and well-illustrated. Once again, loving the details. I would definitely rock this shirt.

camoor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages camoor
leonryan wrote:so close to this mysterious "fog". i'm dying to find out what it's like on the inside. i'm picturing something like valhalla.

Valhalla where the vikings are a bunch of cutesy wootsey panda bears and cuddly wuddly bunnies

ensmind

I thought it was Hellboy... but more like Bender from Futuramma or what was that old scifi flick Barbarella? Is That It? Or The Robinson's In Space... No, Sky Captain and the world of tomorrow! Digg the Jets flying over... But the name doesn't fit... Where are the Sex and Drugs... Not getting the connection... and if no sex and drugs... maybe it's another album from these guys... okay then, gimme a tag line...

ensmind

leonryan wrote:The Sex Drugs obviously are a sex, drugs, and rock and roll outfit, and the robot was because i used to work with a band and the general consensus was that a drummer should be a mindless automaton with perfect timing.
plus i just like robots.

Cool... Forgot to see and read the thread...

ensmind

Re: Infinite Pi

Lol! yep the next Derby turned this design from rejection to acception... Thanks to all who really like this one... I love Pi as well...

Finally purchased one... a day or two ago... Mom will love it... One of the finalists from The Mystery Derby! Awesome work! Totally fits her avid book readings of Mystery Novels and thrillers...

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Re: Never Mind Ye Bollards...

good to see you back....this made me laugh ;-)

htebazile

quality posts: 1 Private Messages htebazile
htebazile wrote:I really love this. Excellent colors to go on a black shirt, and the font is great. It looks like it won't print (Boooo!), but I hope you'll print it elsewhere.

Also? looks a bit like scratch art.
Very nice.

rashielx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rashielx

superkevio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superkevio
domi123 wrote:I think he's quoting a song by Weezer called Buddy Holly that starts off with "what's with these hommies dissin' my girl?"

Wow, I can't believe I missed that one! My shirt description was "Ooo eee oooh, you look just like Bunny Holly."

ViciousSandpiper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ViciousSandpiper

hoho! Well done. This is the kind of shirt I was hoping for when the derby theme was announced.

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
Re: now appearing in Seattle, Portland, NY, San Fran..

So many awesome comments on this shirt! Don't know what to say other than thank you, like a million times. Completely overwhelming, so yeah - Thank you x 1 million

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
bunnyfairy wrote:Mikenytola is right. Majority wins. Especially here. Some people want creative T-shirts. That is their reason to vote. Some people want to buy just cute and funny T-shirt that’s why they vote on for instance cute and funny bunny ones. Many people want creative and original T-shirts , but some of them found the cute ones creative and original and they might found other people favorite ones boring or less creative. Everybody is different. There are lots of cute animal designed T-shirt and only few of them won. Probably there is reason. Maybe they are creative and funny, just not for everybody. We need to tolerate everybody’s taste and desire and let the best to win.
Everybody should just calm down and relax and stop attacking each other. This should be a fun site for all of us.

I largely agree with you except that I think the issue people had with Mikentyola is that he wasn't being tolerant of people's taste, and complaining about people complaining.

However, it's more than possible to voice dislike for a design without being unnecessarily negative. Likewise, it's best to not try to say "how dare you hold that opinion?!" It works for both sides; it's equally chocolatey to attack people for liking a design.

jewelwing

Cute! And now the song is stuck in my head. But I guess that's not a bad thing.

bortwein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bortwein

This is stellar! Print this Woot!

jewelwing

Very much digging the design. Visually this rocks. The wording, not so much.

spanishmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

Ikonos71 you make a great point about the wearability. Though I can't pretend I wouldn't wear this, I completely understand that a lot of people wouldn't. Plus, maybe summertime isn't the right time for a design like this, because it is so dark, in color and theme. I knew there wouldn't be a lot metal/grunge themed stuff by designers so I figured I'd go for it. Once I got into it I decided to try to take it all the way...which may have been too far.

Drakxxx you're comments always make me smile! I tried to carry the gory horror torch for you while you drew the cute emo koalas...but I think I'll be leaving the severed limbs to you from now on...I can't promise though.