jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
Re: Head Zeppelin

HA! This makes me laugh.

spanishmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

WOW!! Nice work. This style of illustration is very in right now. I agree the title is a little off...but overall this is really quite nice.

spanishmel

Kasey I'm LOVING it again!

spanishmel

This is funny...they kind of remind me of the Canadians from South Park.

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange
Re: The Rockin' Martian Sushi Chefs

Oh, look at that! When was the last time someone put color swatches on their design? Brings back so many memories. Good times. Good times.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

spanishmel

I like everything about this except the backwards text...its too hard to read...and it really can't figure why it needs to be backwards. The expressions of the singer is priceless.

SpastasticNomadic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpastasticNomadic
spanishmel wrote:I like everything about this except the backwards text...its too hard to read...and it really can't figure why it needs to be backwards. The expressions of the singer is priceless.

spanishmel, as much I usually enjoy your designs, I have to say that it drives me a bit bonkers that you always delete the quoted design information for the design on which you are commenting. It makes it difficult while reading through the derby entry comments thread to know to which design you are referring. It just seems like you are deleting the information intentionally so as not to give the other person's design additional promotion and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Of course, I could be way off base here. I just find it frustrating when reading through the thread and I see designers (whose work I enjoy) commenting on an entry and I have no idea which design it is.

And I apologise in advance to whoever's design thread this comment ends up in. But it's way too many steps to go through to find out.

ETA: Sorry, omnitarian, just saw this was yours. One of my favourites of yours to date. GMV.

BrysonReb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrysonReb
Re: instrumental death frenzy

I really love the style, but I don't really go for the bloody head.

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172

HA! Glad you used this design!

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian
Re: Captain Salt

It's awesome, I'm seeing more and more established artists enter into the derbies, and it's very exciting.

SpastasticNomadic

Re: The Sex Drugs

I love it. The colours are really fab on this one. Hope it makes it to the fog.

zenith1047

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zenith1047

I would totally buy this if it printed. And gladly wear it constantly

hopefully this Instrumental Death Frenzy has more of a 65daysofstatic, and less of a Dinosaurs Like Guccipants sound

Pretending to be human since 1913

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
SpastasticNomadic wrote:spanishmel, as much I usually enjoy your designs, I have to say that it drives me a bit bonkers that you always delete the quoted design information for the design on which you are commenting. It makes it difficult while reading through the derby entry comments thread to know to which design you are referring. It just seems like you are deleting the information intentionally so as not to give the other person's design additional promotion and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Of course, I could be way off base here. I just find it frustrating when reading through the thread and I see designers (whose work I enjoy) commenting on an entry and I have no idea which design it is.

And I apologise in advance to whoever's design thread this comment ends up in. But it's way too many steps to go through to find out.

ETA: Sorry, omnitarian, just saw this was yours. One of my favourites of yours to date. GMV.

+1 on the frustration bit, but I'm pretty sure that Mel isn't being sneaky - I think she deletes the quoted info when she comments on her own designs as well. Probably just an accident or a habit.

Other people delete the quoted info too, but not on their own entries... =\

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Shigwarm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Shigwarm
Re: Friends With Snails

Thanks for the positive feedback!

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
Re: Cephalopocalypse Tour 2009

I like this alot. should be WAY bigger though

dancetilldeath

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dancetilldeath

great! i want this. but maybe on another colour? don't like it that much on the red (or orange?).

SpastasticNomadic

Re: Botanical Beard

Probably my favourite this derby. So peculiar and inspiring. I get a great feeling from this one. Wonderful work. Thank you for submitting.

zenith1047

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zenith1047

I keep coming back to look at this shirt.

I really really really want this one. a lot.

Pretending to be human since 1913

Seekay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seekay
Re: Retroactive Peace Tour

I would so get this. =P The dates really give it an authentic look.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SeekayFilms

SpastasticNomadic

Re: The Space Crabs

I'll bet any quantum mechanic in the service would give the rest of his life to fool around with this....t-shirt.

I could do without the woman in the red dress, but I love this design. I'm a mad chick for old sci-fi flicks, and any band that uses this as their tee is a winner in my book.

dancetilldeath

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=32839]

well it's cute... but i don't want a cute fake band shirt. :/
i would more like a shirt, that looks like it could be a real band shirt.

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
BenjCra03 wrote:Print This Shirt!!!

I wish. I am having a great week, but no shot at getting printed.

strawhat311

quality posts: 6 Private Messages strawhat311

The text at the bottom ruined it for me

I was gonna vote on it if it wasn't for that.

dancetilldeath

Re: The Letterbrains (resub)

funny! and the blue is great!

chappy1225

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chappy1225
mrwednesday wrote:I appreciate that a lot of effort was put into this shirt put the cowbell thing is so tired it needs to be dragged out back and shot.

I totally agree..something more original should be in the fog instead of this one

strawhat311

quality posts: 6 Private Messages strawhat311
Re: Interplanetary Bunnies

Good concept. GMV.

JoeDeth

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JoeDeth

Take out the "featuring ..." and you'll get my vote.

graphix6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages graphix6
Re: Dweedlemire

I have said to you before , earlier this looks AWESOME ~!

Great job there buddy !

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
princesssararenee wrote:Awesome. Love it. Good job.

SHREDDER SHREDDING!

ensmind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ensmind
bobichka wrote:This is great. Reminded me of this song.

Lol! I'm definitely not thinking that song... but a good laugh indeed...

bellarific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific
Re: Botanical Beard

@ dijin- it took me like three tries to type your name right. I saw a million dots and was like "how many i's and j's are there?" Eh, I just woke up. Late night. Also, thank you!

@ scumit- Thank you for believing in my lazy eyed beard man. :P

@ Hutif- I've never played Blueberry Garden, but I went and googled it and you're totally right. My dude could fit right in with the rest of the lop-sided characters. Thank you.

@ pssquishy- Fair enough. I'll keep submitting as long as I have time to. It becomes a problem with 18 hours of school and three jobs, though. :P

@ jbdeboer- I second THAT. ^ Lawl.

@ lemonlover- To each her/his own, friend. I had a crush on an animated character before. I gotta say.......it never works out.

@ silverkey- The word "funky" always makes me want to listen to jazz music and dance with a glass of scotch. Thank you for your vote.

@ ohstarlight- I know. I tried it on creme, but it didn't work as nicely as it does on white.

@ SpastasticNomadic- Wow. Thank you for such a compliment.
@

bellarific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific
Re: Bunny Holly

Hahaha Oooh weee ooooh. It's stuck in my head now, too. Time to go break out the rock band and have my fill of Weezer for the day.

Voted!

Raikus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raikus

Very nice. Love it. Voted on it. Would wear it.

DirkDDarring

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DirkDDarring

Hey it seems I was more tired than I thought when I submitted Dweedlemire. Seems I reversed the r and the l in world tour, Thanks to my friend who pointed that out and for those two who voted for me; it's back and corrected.

Michael Irwin
Graphic artist
www.wix.com/idforu/idforu

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
lavalamp wrote:The Suffixes...es?
GMV, though - dig it.

Didn't even notice- makes it even better! Maybe even "Suffixesingers" (Suffix + es + ing + er + s)

Eh? Get it? *chirp chirp*

stevenrossbrown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevenrossbrown

Thanks guys... appreciate the comments. Think I missed the mark on widespread popularity though.

DarkHavoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DarkHavoc

I hope this hits the fog. I would help, but I haven't exactly qualified, because shirts like this rarely hit the top. Oh! The irony! The rut that has been dug!

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
studio1172 wrote:HA! Glad you used this design!

thanks!

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26

How is this in the top 4? And why exactly is it funny?

domi123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages domi123
Re: Infinite Pi

If this fogs and prints (which I REALLY hope it does) I'm totally buying one for my boyfriend. Great job! GMV