jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
KIDA26 wrote:How is this in the top 4? And why exactly is it funny?

Did you miss the whole Quotations derby debacle?

cruelnv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv
AdderXYU wrote:Obviously he isn't. But that hasn't stopped him from fooling everyone. Seriously, guys? Somehow, when someone reuses their rejected but hugely popular characters, it is a joke and therefore awesome? This is an inside joke. The sort of inside joke two fratties have where the punchline is really just "that girl has nice knockers," but they laugh like it was The Best of SNL.

I'm just wondering, Adder, since you tend to be logical in the comments you leave, if someone else had done this instead of Deadfrog, would you like it more? As you've said, they are hugely popular characters on here, so it seems like they'd make for a good woot-inspired parody. It also speaks about the mass-marketing apcray in the media; even for people that don't know anything about the inside joke. So don't you think that it would be a good design if you didn't know the history of the designer? (I'm actually wondering your take on it)

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
Re: The Rockin' Martian Sushi Chefs

Awesome design one of my favorites!

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26
jmmbell1987 wrote:Did you miss the whole Quotations derby debacle?

I remember that derby.. but I guess I didn't read the comments on that one.

Poopelyse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Poopelyse
Re: Rock of Mages

This shirt is just plain awesome

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: The Rockin' Martian Sushi Chefs

@roricha084
@artulo
@krisrobinson
Thank You!

@theinfinityloop-thanks, the check boxes were a last minute addition.

@heartluce-Hi!Glad you like it.

@xxchange-yes, "old school" stuff with the swatches

lucky1988

qetza wrote:Awesome design one of my favorites!

Thanks qetza!

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26
SpastasticNomadic wrote:Probably my favourite this derby. So peculiar and inspiring. I get a great feeling from this one. Wonderful work. Thank you for submitting.

I second that. This should definitely be in teh top three. This is the kind of stuff that I was hoping for in this Derby. Not just re-hashes of other shirts ;)

marmls2m

quality posts: 2 Private Messages marmls2m
mrwednesday wrote:If I had to guess, I'd say most of the concerts you've been to were not in the last ten years. I'd also like to say that your entire idea about what kinds of bands should have what types of shirts is completely backwards. For the most part, the more obscure low billing bands playing small venues, particularly indie bands, are much more likely to have merch like this not the big bands.

Well known bands usually have very loud dead weasels with a lot of text promoting whatever national or world tour they happen to be on much like the cowbell shirt. The smaller bands currently depend a lot more on a dedicated fanbase and tend to go the route of a simple more artistic design that often has nothing to do with the band itself and the band name. There is room for both. You can hot tamale and moan about how, "lol dis is sum jamba juicezzzz der" but you really have no idea what you're talking about.

your supposition that i have no idea what i am talking about is entirely dependent on the assumption that i havent been to a concert in 10 years. man, im 24. are you trying to suggest i havent been to a show since i was 14, and before i turned 15 i went to hundreds of shows. secondly, i live in southern california, as you might have been able to guess, so i would say over half the shows i have been to have been small clubs with standing room only and with a folding table in the corner selling merch. not that you could know any of that, but you were wrong to assume. i could start name-calling like you did, but thats not a very effective tactic, is it? when have i ever said anything in dumbed down internet speak? seriously i would like you to quote it. i will paypal you $500 if you can find an instance in which i seriously said "lol" or "dis" instead of "this".

so lets recap. first you make two poor assumptions about me, that i havent been to a show in 10 years, then that i dont go to see indie bands. then you suggest i am competely wrong but give no evidence, just poorly thought out, fallible reasoning with no examples to back up your unfounded claims, then you resort to making poor characterizations of me in an attempt to do what? to try to discredit what i say under the banner of debasement by suggesting that i talk like a 15yo on the internet?

the only thing youve accomplished is you dissolved any residual respect i had for you. i hope other people who read this can see you for what you really are

Poopelyse

Re: Watch Out For Bears

This is ridiculously awesome. I really want this shirt.

fulltruth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fulltruth

Great story! Who needs spelling anyway? But wouldn't all those spikes on the guitar be almost as painful as the fire?

lucky1988

Re: Gonna Make You Lunch

Awesome design and song. That jam is "jammin'!"

Poopelyse

Re: Dead Pixel Tour

This is sweet! I really hope this gets printed.

lucky1988

Re: Slave of the Senses

Excellent work. Great illustration and details.

Mottenfest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mottenfest
Re: Dan's Wrapped Tour '08

You do know that's a real logo, right?

Xanzibar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Xanzibar
Re: Flying Yeti Panzerfaust

Its the Greatest Heavy Metal Band Ever!! And they are Yeti's!! With Spiky Hats!! ALL HAIL THE FLYING YETI PANZERFAUST!!

Criticisms, Suggestions,Cake and Comments Welcome!!

What is this?
http://www.rewards1.com/index.php?referrer_id=1590902

JordanTG

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JordanTG
Re: BEHOLD OR BE DAMNED

Deadfrog?

Xanzibar

Re: Werewolves Can't Dance

It's true. Werewolves cannot dance properly. Its in their genes.

What is this?

Seekay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seekay
Mottenfest wrote:You do know that's a real logo, right?

Yeah, it's supposed to look that way. I just changed it a little. That's still legal right?

http://www.youtube.com/user/SeekayFilms

Xanzibar

Re: Cheshire Cat's Grin

Check this :http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2813924&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=4

What is this?

Xanzibar

Re: Hoochies Anonymous.. keepin it skanky [upgrade]

Seriously?

What is this?

marmls2m

indie shirts:

big bands:

Xanzibar

Re: HAM GRENADE ROCKS HARDER THAN YOUR MOM!

Well it's definitely interesting...although im not sure i want my favourite sandwich filling blowing up in my face. Good Job though.

What is this?

Xanzibar

Re: Hooty Loves Fishsticks

Wow. Thats Crazy. How Most Excellent!!

What is this?

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
xtinaftw wrote:I've been to Germany twice and it was only ever me handing THEM money. Pity, hehe. And doesn't your bro know that Real Men Wear Pink? And I'm sure that applies to rainbows too right?

his take on it was something from Demitri Martin.....

"i like rainbows, but i'm not most excellent. so now when i wear a shirt with a rainbow i have to put "not most excellent" below it. but i am not against people I love either, so below that i put "but supportive". it embrangles that one group of people had to take all refracted light....greedy bastards!"

Happy Beer.

Xanzibar

Re: Alexey and the Tetrads

I'll agree that it does look awesome, although that tape on the corners is distracting from the awesome artwork.

What is this?

marmls2m

mikenytola wrote:I didn't say going with the majority did I? I just said majority wins. Which is completely true here. Whoever has the highest amount of votes wins and they have the majority of voters. Right? Are you only reading what you want to see? You are now opposing me about things I didn't even say. ;)

isnt "go with the flow" the general idea behind your "dont complain" belief?

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
jabberjaws13 wrote:his take on it was something from Demitri Martin.....

"i like rainbows, but i'm not most excellent. so now when i wear a shirt with a rainbow i have to put "not most excellent" below it. but i am not against people I love either, so below that i put "but supportive". it embrangles that one group of people had to take all refracted light....greedy bastards!"

wow. just wow. it's like reading madlibs when the woot filter kicks in. in order to understand the humor replace the "g" word when you see "most excellent" or "people i love". and who uses embrangles?

i do love the Gigli and Kazaam filters though. makes me giggle.

Happy Beer.

Xanzibar

Re: THE FUGGIN MOSHERS

Very Blurry, and the Pink is Ugly. Nice Idea though.

What is this?

Xanzibar

Re: Electric Bill and the Charges

Amazing work!! +1

What is this?

Xanzibar

Re: MEGAGEEK - GEEKROCK WORLD TOUR 2009

INteresting.

What is this?

Irrelevant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Irrelevant
Re: The Suffixeses

this is a pretty good idea boots. it's a little cutesy, but a whole lot bootsey!

...yeah, i don't know what that was about either.

Caligumby

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Caligumby

I think it's quite funny to see those who are somewhat complaining about this shirt. If I was a filthy hippie, I would probably find this shirt hilarious.

I actually find it hilarious anyway and the only problem that I have with it is that it is on black. Where I live, a black t-shirt multiplies the already insane temperatures and it can be an issue.

I may just buy it and let it sit until winter. Not sure.

At any rate, great shirt. I just wish it was on a different color.

perryn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perryn
Seekay wrote:Yeah, it's supposed to look that way. I just changed it a little. That's still legal right?

no

spanishmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel
studio1172 wrote:Agreed. I think that typefaces can make or break most of the designs in the derby. Too bad some people didn't take advantage of the power and fun of typography.

Here here! Maybe a type derby would bring out the big guns! Anyone else?

marmls2m

bunnyfairy wrote:Mikenytola is right. Majority wins. Especially here. Some people want creative T-shirts. That is their reason to vote. Some people want to buy just cute and funny T-shirt that’s why they vote on for instance cute and funny bunny ones. Many people want creative and original T-shirts , but some of them found the cute ones creative and original and they might found other people favorite ones boring or less creative. Everybody is different. There are lots of cute animal designed T-shirt and only few of them won. Probably there is reason. Maybe they are creative and funny, just not for everybody. We need to tolerate everybody’s taste and desire and let the best to win.
Everybody should just calm down and relax and stop attacking each other. This should be a fun site for all of us.

and this is exactly why is it so important for us, who want change, to be so vocal with our dissension. like i said before complacency changes nothing. we cant just sit here silent expecting things to change towards our preference. so dont begrudge us our complaints. THAT is my point.

and for the record, i am not a liberal, i am an independent. i do not confine my views based on what party leaders tell me. for example, i support the death penalty and am pro-choice. i hate bad leaders regardless of political affiliation, and i equally stand for any cause i find moving

shutts67

quality posts: 17 Private Messages shutts67
Re: Dan's Wrapped Tour '08

I doubt there's enough changed, but it's possible...

At first I didn't notice that you have Wrapped tour not warped.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

marmls2m

mikenytola wrote:If you can't see the connection there is nothing I can do to help you. Go back and try reading everything this time, or are you too busy in other woot entries complaining about them as well to actually pay attention?

Here I am promoting that people use constructive criticism instead of b!tching and complaining, and I seem to have hit a nerve in some people and am greeting with resistance. Funny how you can dish it out but can't take my criticisms of your attitude. hoho

funny how you would say that we cant take a criticism of our attitude when the start of this conversation came about when i pointed out your flawed logic. yet you continue to defend your flawed logic. give it up. ad hominem arguements are proven to be nothing but fallible

xredneckx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xredneckx

Oh god I wish it said Ham Grenade rocks harder than your mom on the back of the shirt. Either way this shirt is down right awesome and has GMV. Not to mention your enthusiasm just seems to amplify the awesomeness of this shirt.

Two thumbs up and a snuffleupagus face from me.

homeschoolwinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner
Re: Sneezer

I just want to say, I love Weezer.

=w=

"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles