6 colors on Asphalt

Hope you like it and it isn't too late!

Reawen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reawen
Re: The Grail Shaped Beacons

Hahaha, nice!

Reawen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reawen
imsochady wrote:...Actually, the last time I saw them in concert was back in 2002 (whoa! 7 years ago in college!) when they came out with Green. Line up was pretty good too. Opened up with Jack Black's Tenacious D, then Jimmy Eat World, and finally Weezer! I even managed to sneak in to the floor. Booyah!

Woah, that was my last weezer concert, too! There was a girl next to me that apparently was such a big Jimmy Eat World fan, I thought she was going to pass out when they took the stage. She was the epitome of every exaggerated representation of the overly-obsessed fan shown in tv shows, etc. Kind of scary.

But weezer rocked... as does this shirt! (see my little attempt to not go completely off topic)

gh01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gh01
Re: Pink Freud

From the album "Dark Side of your Mom"

grfxho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grfxho
Re: The Spitball Ninjas

Yay! I hit 50/69th -- a personal best. (I have to celebrate the small things sometimes.)

-------------------------

corvettejoe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages corvettejoe

I have to say that aside for the Cowbell World Tour and Dirty Hippie shirt currently in the cloud... the rest are the same old rehash of other failed derby entries with a music theme now. Quite sad really. I was expecting a bunch of fun "World Tour" tshirts. Band shirts suck... Band World Tour shirts ROCK. I wish everyone else got the message. My complaints will end there though, as I have no entry of my own. Rock on with mediocrity thought I guess :/

achariam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages achariam
Xanzibar wrote:Nice. The squirrels are a bit too orange and rigid, but a cool attempt nonetheless.

Thanks I need more constructive criticism like this. I will try to work on it next submission.

View my work.Read my notes. You should follow me on twitter here.

antidote859

quality posts: 3 Private Messages antidote859
haishasan wrote:That's quite a bit of a non sequitur. Bagg of Crapp and question mark are in a whole different league from DF's pandas when talking about woot references. They really are no different than RamyB's bunnies when it comes down to it.

Although I don't think this is exactly the type of shirt that Woot was looking for this derby, there is no legitimate reason for rejection.

Exactly. This is a completely legitimate shirt.

aobrien73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aobrien73

This is awesome I want one! Gotta love that glove, hahahaa! I can almost see him moon walking out of the grave!!

billedluh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billedluh

This was impossible to fit all in to the composition dimensions so i figured i'd post a nicer easy to look at version here.

speechie604

quality posts: 0 Private Messages speechie604
jabberjaws13 wrote:what does join date have to do with anything? my voice doesn't count because i was late to the pool party? well guess what, i just peed in your pool so now you are swimming in it anyway.

[going to find a new pool.....]

Holey Socks! This post alone was worth reading the thread.

eravau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eravau

This is definitely on my "buy right away" list. I've been a Pi fan for as long as I've known it existed... and am on board with 4Rovel67 for counting Pi as my lucky number. And although I only know a few dozen of its digits, I still love it all. (Okay... yes, I know I'm a geek.)

I don't recognize the song that bobichka linked to... but look up "Pi" by the group Hard 'n' Phirm. It's a song about pi with a video wrapped in the trappings of a 1970's kids' educational TV program... but with better music. There are wizards and death rays and a robot that quotes a hundred or two digits of pi.

splicitysplat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages splicitysplat

I would definitely buy this shirt. I would probably buy more than one because I know other people who would love it also.

Did I really just buy something?

flower753

quality posts: 2 Private Messages flower753
Re: Captain Salt

Love the style but don't love the orange (I look horrid in orange). I don't mind the "featuring".

zenith1047

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zenith1047
cruelnv wrote:Agreed. Without that splash of red, it wouldn't feel balanced. With it, however, I don't think I'd be able to wear to too many places. Very cool design, though. (Reminds me of Taki the demon hunter from Soul Blade)

I'd wear it anywhere. no matter what. The love for this design--along with my love of instrumental bands--knows no bounds

Pretending to be human since 1913

BenjCra03

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BenjCra03
Re: The Archaic One

it's a pitty, this is such good work. It should have gotten more votes.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: The Caterwaulers

Thanks for the votes folks! And yes, we have a soloist outside our windows in the summer.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
jasneko wrote:I like the drummer drop, he thinks he's all badass, even though he's a cute lil drop.

The hard part was the guitarist- hard to pierce a droplet

I should have thought more seriously about the band name, but I thought the art concept was cute, if a bit quickly slapped together...

C86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages C86

Cheers again people

Just to say, and as you can see in the preview above, the design works on either orange or creme... Both are coooooooooooool!

eravau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eravau

Hillarious! I love it.

Ommog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ommog
cruelnv wrote:Sorry, but I believe you misunderstood; I was actually serious. I genuinely wasn't sure if a joke related to commentary would be rejected. I'm not sarcastic all the time. ;)

Like I said, I wasn't really directing that post at you or anything. I was simply using it as a way to launch my own rant because it was somewhat related to what I wanted to talk about.

Apologies for any confusion or offense or anything.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
hewtab wrote:love it, but it should be Ni, not Nee

You might be right. How do you know?

turtlepower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turtlepower

Either way. No one will want this. Why wouldn't they just go get the real one?

Ommog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ommog
haishasan wrote:That's quite a bit of a non sequitur. Bagg of Crapp and question mark are in a whole different league from DF's pandas when talking about woot references. They really are no different than RamyB's bunnies when it comes down to it.

Although I don't think this is exactly the type of shirt that Woot was looking for this derby, there is no legitimate reason for rejection.

Are you kidding? This shirt is an obvious reference to all the drama from the quotations derby. The design, the style, the name... the pandas are pretty much exactly the same as his previous shirt! If you think that's okay, then why did the shirt I linked to earlier (http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=32580) get rejected? It had as much in common with Woot as this shirt does, and that was enough to get the former tossed out of the derby. All I'm saying is that maybe the rules should be clear and consistent... but what do I know?

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Reawen wrote:Hahaha, nice!

Thanks!

DirkDDarring

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DirkDDarring

We need more folks to make comments, it's hard to get better or learn what works if no one comments.
Thanks for your Kind attention.

Michael Irwin
Graphic artist
www.wix.com/idforu/idforu

simontsui

quality posts: 1 Private Messages simontsui
Re: Interplanetary Bunnies

I just had to log in and vote for this. If it makes to the top three, I will buy it.

NoneBlacker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NoneBlacker
AdderXYU wrote:Apparently I need to spend more time with Make Believe, because I liked Red more. Granted, I didn't LIKE Red very much at all... Other than that, I think you're spot on.

Weezer has reached that plateau where I never want to see them live again. I can't imagine a scenario where I will hear enough good songs to make it worth my time and money. Which is a shame, because they were pretty spot-on in better days.

How true. It's been all downhill since I partied as an extra in Weezer's "Beverly Hills" video. The Playboy Mansion is a lot smaller in real life, and "the grotto" isn't nearly as cool as Samuel L. Jackson made it out to be.

Luckily, Jack White still texts me personally with news of his stealth concerts so I can see him doing his unannounced acoustical sets in smaller, more personal venues.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
Re: Bunny Holly

I really like the shirt, not too fond of the shirt color, but I voted for it anyway and would buy it. I love buddy holly.

APerfectC

quality posts: 2 Private Messages APerfectC
Gamior wrote:I'd be quite disappointed if this actually won. Your other work is so much better, rain dance was the first shirt I bought off this site!

kdubbs29 wrote:Not really feeling this one. It seems like it came too easily to you. I definitely prefer your other style (rain dancer) to this cutesy, circle-shaped, distressed style that you also do.

I am assuming that you both are referring to theinfinityloop’s design “Rain Dance” In case you didn’t notice, this submission is by DeadFrog. Is there something going on that I don’t understand or what?

See: http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=8943

No me tengas miedo, no te voy a comer

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26
Re: Monsters Of Cowbell World Tour

I don't find the cowbell thing funny anymore... can we get something more original in the top 4?

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26
Re: Botanical Beard

I am really saddened by the fact that this is not in the top 4. We are stuck with more freaking cowbell and rehashed previous woots. I thought woot was about getting the more creative stuff printed. The colors and layout of this shirt is fantastic. If it gets printed someplace else, please let me know!

pulseshadows

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pulseshadows
Re: Technical Butter v2

I absolutely love this. I don't know what it is about it but I completely love this style. GMV

Tahoe85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tahoe85
gh01 wrote:From the album "Dark Side of your Mom"

LOL! On the floor laughing! :D

graphix6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages graphix6
Re: Infinite Pi

I love this ~ very nice work ! the colors are perfect and very simple and clean !

Great job and Good Luck ~

krouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krouth
Re: The Sex Drugs

Very nice...

koopadaisy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koopadaisy
Re: Pink Freud

Isn't this a direct resub?

And a photo?

And not a fake band? http://www.pinkfreud.art.pl/

monkeyswag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyswag
xakh wrote:Freaking great! I love the faded look, and the lovely back story.

thank you very much for the nice comments.

wsgosset

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wsgosset
etoffin wrote:And what about the album "Unknown Pleasures" from Joy Division ?

Ooh, I hadn't seen that before.

I think that's a bit different, though. Mines more fluid, and that one's more sketchy, so I think mine suggests something more mainstream and clean, though not necessarily minimalist, whereas that one suggests something more rough and unusual. I haven't listened to the album yet, so I'm not sure how accurate this represents the album.

There is still some very interesting similarity, of course.

On a different note: About the lines going to the edges, they don't have to go entirely to the edges; they'd just go as far as they can.