jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Loooove the trees! I'd actually like it better without the camp goers, but then you may have to change the name I guess:/

homeschoolwinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner
Re: The Beaks

ha, I like how they all look confused and bewildered

"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: America Junior

I remember when it seemed like every derby was about Canada. I do not miss those days.

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
Re: heavy pedal bike tour 2009

Should have had Redmond, WA... "the bicycle capital of the Northwest".

Krygore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Krygore
Re: Wootstock

An A for effort.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: The Ruthless Billigans

Are 3-D glasses included in the purchase of this shirt?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

palmettogirl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages palmettogirl
arwerther wrote:Nice sketches, but the layout and type are kinda boring. I love it if the typography was pushed a bit more.

I totally agree with this comment. The sketchy style is awesome but the typography contrasts too much.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
imsochady wrote:It seems your owls gave up on the music business, and decided to hide behind the moon.

Naw, the other owls are still in business, but they needed a break after being told the color scheme wouldn't print well.

mrwednesday

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=32839]

What's funniest to me is that it is pretty hilarious but it's at the expense of the people laughing at it. It's like that awkward kid in high school who everyone made fun of but he always laughed hardest at the jokes.

Sad really....

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
homeschoolwinner wrote:The compression embrangles so bad. Click on the link I posted for a better version

Edit: embrangles? I didn't write that ha-ha. It SU-CKS!

It still seems like it's not as bright as the version I looked at last night in the main derby thread.

Yeah, I just pulled them up and went from tab to tab... I definitely see a color difference between this and this.

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange
Re: Our Arboreal Nature

What's that big blob thing?

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Some Band!

Love the retro feel and design style. Looks ace on cranberry!

mrwednesday

jasneko wrote:While working on another design, came up with this and just sort of loved it... decided to give it its own design!
Hope you all do too. Feedback and votes appreciated, thanks.

I really like the owls. I just wish you did more with it. I can't really articulate what but it seems kind of out of place there on the shirt like more needs to be going on but at the same time I like the simplicity. Sorry for being completely useless.

xxchange

Re: WE ARE ALL INQUISITIVE

It IS on a shirt template. It's just hard to see.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

Icemank91

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Icemank91
Re: CampFire Eulogyzers

I only wish it didn't have the campers. Other than that it's sweet!

homeschoolwinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner
yankeebird wrote:It still seems like it's not as bright as the version I looked at last night in the main derby thread.

Yeah, I just pulled them up and went from tab to tab... I definitely see a color difference between this and this.

I don't know. I didn't change the colors. Here are the Pantone colors I used:

Pantone Black 4 C - the dark brown
Pantone 7479 C - the green
Pantone 1795 C - the red
Pantone 115 C - the yellow
Pantone 3105 C - the blue
Pantone 157 C - the orange

The colors do look different but I'm guessing that's how it compressed...I didn't change them. I prefer them brighter and I think that's how it would print too. God, I need a Pantone color book

Edit: I don't know how to fix this, when I upload the image to host it, the colors fade out. The truest version as far as color is the second link in the first comment on this page. thanks for pointing that out yankeebird

"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
Re: Technical Butter

Technical Butter- it's smoove. :-)

xxchange

Re: WE ARE ALL INQUISITIVE

That's a RED shirt, by the way, and three colors.

charmed7h

quality posts: 1 Private Messages charmed7h
Re: 3 Owl Moon

I think is a great design! The font and the owls are both whimsical and fun. I can definitely see these selling at an Indie rock show.

perryn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perryn
SailorButterfly wrote:Are 3-D glasses included in the purchase of this shirt?

Woot may or may not supply 3D glasses with up to 20% of half the orders of this shirt. So please vote now.

imsochady

quality posts: 30 Private Messages imsochady
jasneko wrote:Loooove the trees! I'd actually like it better without the camp goers, but then you may have to change the name I guess:/

Actually this looks more awesome without the text. But no one would get the band, hahah. Yea, I had the campers there to show someone burning wood, just to convey sadness.

godslinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages godslinger
blahmcblah wrote:unnecessary whining

Excuse me for making an inane, obvious comment. I'm afraid that much of this design would blend/hide on the shirt. I'm expressing my feelings/opinions, not trying to state a fact. If you don't agree with my misgivings, I understand, but there's no need to jump down my throat.

I did vote for this shirt and would buy it if it printed.

melanion90

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melanion90
xxchange wrote:It IS on a shirt template. It's just hard to see.

I think you are going to need to use a black background behind the red shirt otherwise it looks like there is no template and will get rejected

charmed7h

Re: Gonna Make You Lunch

hoho. This is hilarious. I love the colors, too.

MaryESP

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MaryESP
mitchellp wrote:Mmm...Mmm... rabbit stew!

Trust me, it really does taste like chicken....only not quite as good.

charmed7h

Re: Gibblies anime band

This is awesome. GMV!

xtinaftw

quality posts: 21 Private Messages xtinaftw
Re: American π

placeholder

valorandvellum

quality posts: 5 Private Messages valorandvellum
Re: Some Band!

Thanks for your comments so far! :-)

I can see the concern on how this might print... I wanted it to have more of a vintage look/feel and often the colors are a little more muted and subtle. I think it would show up fine on the shirt though – I tried to make sure there was still enough contrast for the design to be visible.

Thanks, blahmcblah! Are you on Threadless too?

ElevenEleven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ElevenEleven
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=32894]Greg Orian

Since the previous name was taken, here is the redo. I think I kinda like it better anyway.

godslinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages godslinger
Re: The Mighty Mighty Eucharists

This shirt is great. I love the Christian reference without it being blasphemous. Very good job! GMV

xtinaftw

Re: Mulberry Mulligrubs

I wish mulligrubs wasn't curved like that. I think it would look fine squared up like the rest of the text. Might make your belly look distended like that.

MaryESP

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MaryESP
krisrobinson wrote:"By the time you hear their bagpipes, it's too late!"

brilliant.

Too bad they won't print that on the back....If this shirt prints, I'd consider buying it and adding the slogan myself....

ChuckleNorris

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ChuckleNorris
Re: Under the Blues

Is the thumbnail just bad for this or something? I really think I should have at least a few more votes by now.

melanion90

kenney9226 wrote:Oh, this is wonderful news indeed, bluegrass lovers!

Peter and Chuck have agreed to set aside their petty greivances with each other and to celebrate have scheduled a reunion concert next Friday at Mister B's!!!

I find this shirt to be mainly about the text, with the picture giving it a little more, where as I feel it should be the other way around, if you get what I mean. Just my opinion though, its your shirt!

stevegale

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevegale
Re: The Wizards

I know there was a mention to movies, but I think they are referring to bands that were made up in a movie.

xtinaftw

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=32839]

I dunno guys... I love it and hate it at the same time. I was all for the rejection of the original and blah blah blah insert all the reasons here. And this one is clearly in jest. However, I'll be damned, but I would totally buy and wear this shirt, just for the memories of it all.

Still, you don't GMV. ;P

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
Re: RUSTED PUCKER

Grunge music rules. Rusted Pucker started out as a garage band, and it toils in the garage to this day, much to the chagrin of the neighbors, as it awaits its big, flannel-clad break.

xxchange

melanion90 wrote:I think you are going to need to use a black background behind the red shirt otherwise it looks like there is no template and will get rejected

Livin' on the edge. We'll see what happens.

melanion90

Re: Interplanetary Bunnies

This is to cute, GMV and my purchase for sure!

JordanTG

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JordanTG
Re: American π

I like it with the character and the background. The rest of the design makes it to messy for my tastes. The box in the corner is an eyesore.

Goodluck.