neonix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neonix

The illustration is awesome and the design is so clean. This would look great on a shirt. I'd have to pick up one for my sister who went back to vegetarianism from veganism because she couldn't resist cheese any longer hoho

neonix

Re: The Space Crabs

This is so awesome, I feel the need to express my feeling of needing this shirt.

Xanzibar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Xanzibar
Re: Paints the Scene

Interesting Design. Nice Colouring, but the font appears to be a little unreadable to me.

What is this?
http://www.rewards1.com/index.php?referrer_id=1590902

Xanzibar

sargentmatt wrote:Pretty sweet, but the lack of feet is a bit disturbing.

It's just the lack of feet thats disturbing to you?!?!

What is this?

Xanzibar

Re: WE ARE ALL ANATOMICALLY CORRECT SOMEHOW

Nice Work dude!!

What is this?

camoor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages camoor
Re: Infinite Pi

Wow. Didnt see this coming. Congrats to the artist on an awesome design that seems to resonate.

Xanzibar

thatrobert wrote:...three shall be the number thou shall count...

Before thy worms shalt be blowneth towards the heavens....

Awesomeness!!

Love the logo, but i feel the text would be better placed around the central logo bit rather than a long list down.

Long Live Brittania!!

What is this?

Xanzibar

Re: One-Ton Moth

Simple yet somehow really good.

What is this?

neonix

Maybe Dead Squirrel Society would have been better. I've seen many road waffle squirrels, but birds almost always seem to get away with their wings and ability to fly and whatnot.

Of course I'm kidding. GMV, it's clean and funny. I'm becoming a big fan of your work!

neonix

Very clean design for a shirt, and it's really cool, Good colors, etc. Nothing bad to say about it.

wsgosset

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wsgosset
etoffin wrote:And what about the album "Unknown Pleasures" from Joy Division ?

And that cover also uses plots. I forgot to mention that.

spanishmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

This illustration is amazing! It looks professional and I can definitely see a band using this. But the type treatment is really buggin me. I don't like the expanded typeface and the leading is way to tight. Perhaps I'm just nit-picking...I just would have liked something that flowed better with the illustration style or something that looked like a band logo. However, if this printed I would definitely buy and proudly wear it.

neonix

Re: KHISS THE COBRA

The design is cool, but the text seems awkwardly tossed on.

spanishmel

It just reminds me of the mothman prophecies...it creeps me out but in a really good way. This is a very nice design.

spanishmel

Starburst commercial anyone?

Xanzibar

Re: The Banana Birds (resub)

Awesome artwork!!
Loving the bananabird!!

What is this?

slhampel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slhampel
Re: Fromage Homage (FroHo)

The shirt from the 1977 tour of the (not so cheesy) band Fromage Homage (FroHo for short).

neonix

Re: Captain Salt

This would look so much better on that creme-ish color in the background than on that red-orange color on the shirt.

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: The Sex Drugs

i wish i knew 100 people that can vote on here so i could spam em to vote for this shirt!! i hope it makes it and stays in the top 3 even though i think it should be in first!

spanishmel

It is a truly beautiful illustration...but [for me] the impressionistic style its painted in makes it too pretty for death metal. Vultures and buzzards are VERY messy eaters they rip and tear and pull...so perhaps some more violence with the strawberries - that red juice is a perfect parallel to blood. Some squashed strawberries grasped in his talons and some juice on his beak maybe? Or maybe have those talons grasping and slightly puncturing the type! Even if you don't want to go with the blood thing (because of the vegan element) I think you were a lot closer to traditional death metal with your pencil sketch and it kills me that you lost some of the detail from that sketch. Take that sketch, refine your original line-art, grunge it up with some stippling and texture and you've got yourself a hard core death metal shirt. See an example of what I mean in this LINK Of course this is all just a matter of opinion. You've obviously got mad skills and you are a great artist so please don't take this to mean that I am not a fan...cuz I am! And I apologize in advance if I horrified anyone with my suggestions.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Botanical Beard

I love this shirt. It reminds me of World of Goo, but not as dark.

Since it doesn't look like a print during the derby you have my vote for an Honorable Mention. Not that I have any real power over Woot! to do so. But if I did, I would!

earthart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earthart
Xanzibar wrote:Nice Concept, but a bit too blocky for me.

Thank you for the feedback. I wrestled with that but ultimately felt like a top-down gradient worked best to portray going into the deep. Thanks again.

earthart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earthart
fireflower413 wrote:Loooove the style...especially the lettering of the name...and I don't even WEAR band t-shirts. GMV

Thank you very much (for the vote and feedback). Very much appreciated.

artulo

Re: The Space Crabs

Space crabs! This is great, sir. Loving the vibe and would wear for sure. GMV!

artulo

Re: Pink Freud

Hahaha, it's Freud, Dude!

artulo

Re: Cephalopocalypse Tour 2009

Agreed on the request to make it bigger. Nice work and GMV.

artulo

Re: Captain Salt

holy snap this is great. looking forward to seeing more from you here!

artulo

Re: Bunny Holly

Now I've got the weezer song in my head! That's not so bad though because this shirt makes it better. I would put some hand drawn text on it but not so much to overwhelm the drawing. Other than that it's nice!

artulo

Re: The Suffixeses

I like the letter figures, Bootstimestwo! Wish this one was doing a little better. GMV though!

peachkin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peachkin
Re: Cephalopocalypse Tour 2009

I want this shirt.
:D

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Tight Pants

Placement makes this R rated, not something that woot normally condones.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Xanzibar wrote:Before thy worms shalt be blowneth towards the heavens....

Awesomeness!!

Love the logo, but i feel the text would be better placed around the central logo bit rather than a long list down.

Long Live Brittania!!

Not a bad idea. I'll consider that if I resub this somewhere.

fallnmidnitestar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fallnmidnitestar

I want to wear a Panda bear!

artulo

Re: Gonna Make You Lunch

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments and votes! Looks like it's a battle for 4th place right now :D

Two days left!

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates
spanishmel wrote:Starburst commercial anyone?

YES! I was completly inspired...
Except they were scotch-korean, and they don't make a bit o' sense. Just like the albino life guard. I was totally tripping when I heard that accent, it was awesome.
If you can't tell, I'm a huge fan of clever advertising/hunorous advertising.

Antonotron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Antonotron
jabberjaws13 wrote:with a song called "van halen" that kicks ass!

so does "Vivian"!

MAN I wish it was on my iPod... need to correct that, this evening...

they ROCK live, too!

Antonotron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Antonotron
tannerack wrote:thts deff peal jams little dude thing

i'm with ya on that... i had that shirt in 7th grade!

spanishmel

I think MegaPhallica is better and I'm not done. I want to help you understand why people keep saying this and to know that its totally fixable. I know its hard to hear but the trouble might be stemming from the fact that you whipped out your "guitar" and held it like you would hold your Johnson. It doesn't look exactly like a Karen's Obesssion, but the space ship is eerily reminiscent of the tip of one! The flying v is is one of the most Johnson shaped guitars ever AND you pointed it right at us! There are a million guitars that are not shaped like a man's junk. Don't feel compelled to make drastic changes but just for kicks try adding some tuning peg shapes to your spaceship or making it more of a rectangle...that might keep it from look so much like the smooth mushroom cap shaped tip of a magic stick.

It is all in good fun CrescentDebris!

spanishmel

benjaminleebates wrote:YES! I was completly inspired...
Except they were scotch-korean, and they don't make a bit o' sense. Just like the albino life guard. I was totally tripping when I heard that accent, it was awesome.
If you can't tell, I'm a huge fan of clever advertising/hunorous advertising.

hoho! As am I, but those starburst commercials make me feel like I'm on acid. Remember the goats? That and the crazy ass burger king.