KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26
fallnmidnitestar wrote:I want to wear a Panda bear!

Then buy an Enjoi shirt...

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
Re: The Victorias

love it! too bad for the late sub

gumberculees

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gumberculees

Just for fun, I put this together:

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
Xanzibar wrote:It's just the lack of feet thats disturbing to you?!?!

no doubt. i was kinda going for 100% disturbing

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: Botanical Beard

I just realized that I neglected to actually compliment this design in my earlier posts. I think this one is really great! This week's theme doesn't appeal to me so it wouldn't be a buy, but I have to say that this is my favourite design in the derby. I especially like the light-but-bright green and blue on white. It looks like the shirt comp is a bit off in colour compared to the thumbnail though. Compression artifacts, I think? Anyway, the style is whimsical and fun and the linework is superb. Thumbs up.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

SamirNagheenanajar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SamirNagheenanajar
Re: The Red Stapler Experience

Okay, I'll do it.

I'll want one.

No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right.
It's not that hard: Na-gheen-an-a-jar. Nagheenanajar.

eHalcyon

spanishmel wrote:smooth mushroom cap shaped tip of a magic stick.

Too. Descriptive. AHH.

Supersugar

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Supersugar
jabberjaws13 wrote:the left side of the shirt had a chance of heaven....the right side took the express train to hades.

Being a good salesman bars you from heaven?

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates
spanishmel wrote:hoho! As am I, but those starburst commercials make me feel like I'm on acid. Remember the goats? That and the crazy ass burger king.

I know, nothing is better than feeling like you are on something when you're not!!!
Here's another good starburst ad, the scarecrow.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2-Lht8RhYY

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
neonix wrote:This is awesome. People gotta get more votes on this!

Btw studio, I just noticed that album in your sig. I don't know if you're in that band, or if you just did the album cover, but the music and the cover are top-notch!

I play bass in By Morning (the album in my sig) and do all of the graphics. Thank you for liking it!

APerfectC

quality posts: 2 Private Messages APerfectC
Re: Forever the Victim

I really like it, but I too would like to see it bigger and more clearly, the large shot you included wasn't very clear either... is that intentional?

No me tengas miedo, no te voy a comer

Properpc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Properpc
MarianDallas wrote:Love the band name... hate yellow shirts. But this shirt has to be yellow (sigh).

don't worry, I know what you mean...but they are bananas after all, right?

spanishmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

Sorry. [Blushing]. I wanted to be clear!

studio1172

Xanzibar wrote:Nice Work dude!!

Thank you Xansibar!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
JadenKale wrote:I don't believe Billy died of natural causes. He may have suffered trauma in a plane landing yesterday when it hit the tarmac too hard, popping one of the tires. Something supposedly hit him in the head. It's possible he had blunt force trauma that didn't show symptoms right away.

The Autopsy showed he died of heart disease.

scumit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scumit

It's a little busy for my taste but it's a great concept :] good luck

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
SamirNagheenanajar wrote:Okay, I'll do it.

I'll want one.

You win the interwebs!! Samir Naaagonnaworkhereanymore

scumit

If you fixed the cymbal and resubed you'd have my vote but it's like the first thing i notice xD

jujub32122

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jujub32122
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=32839]

hahahahahaha you rock :D

Ratzaroony

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ratzaroony
Re: 3 Owl Moon

WANT.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
HeartlineTwist wrote:Yes, it's at worst a double entendre and more than likely merely a result of my perverted 20 year old mind, but I'm not sure I could buy a shirt that says Happy Endings Tour on it...

No, no. It's intentional. A triple entendre. Fairy tales, suffixes, and the other one.

Thanks for the comments, guys. I was really pleased with this one.

jujub32122

AdderXYU wrote:Obviously he isn't. But that hasn't stopped him from fooling everyone. Seriously, guys? Somehow, when someone reuses their rejected but hugely popular characters, it is a joke and therefore awesome? This is an inside joke. The sort of inside joke two fratties have where the punchline is really just "that girl has nice knockers," but they laugh like it was The Best of SNL.

Man, if only Milli Vanilli had known. They could have made a second album called "We don't sing!" and they could have been totally forgiven. The Jonas Brothers would release "Pitch Correction: the Album"! Kanye West could drop "I only sound good with vocoder"! The world could be full of terrible terrible apcray, but so long as they poke fun at themselves, it is OK!

The joke is on all of you. Deadfrog put this together to profit off the popularity of the other entry, and the text is clearly meant to be a mockery of people who are standing up for quality instead of following the rocket scientist mob. Way to fall for it, guys. I'm sure this guy totally deserves your votes and the prize you're allowing him way more than anything else this week.

you take this WAY too seriously bud. its a shirt and people like it. get OVER it.

jujub32122

Re: Gonna Make You Lunch

love it. buy it in a heartbeat :D

domi123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages domi123
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=32839]

What's with all the scratchiness? It would be so bad if it didn't look like someone was wearing this and then got dragged down a gravel road on their chest.

domi123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages domi123
domi123 wrote:What's with all the scratchiness? It would be so bad if it didn't look like someone was wearing this and then got dragged down a gravel road on their chest.

I meant to say "It wouldn't be so bad..."

bellarific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific

@ KIDA26- Thank you so much. I'd say I was sad that it's not in the top four as well, but....I mean, I still can't get over that I'm even in the top then (even if only BARELY. :P). I'm beyond stoked to be getting so many good reviews, and if this happens to print somewhere else, I will for sure let you know.

@ scumit- Same thing, man/ma'am. If it prints somewhere else, I'll let you know. Thanks for your support.

@ artulo- World of Good, Blueberry Garden, Shel Silverstein.....I keep getting different likenesses. Lol. And yeah, I'm hoping for an Honorable Mention as well. That would be nice. Thank you!

@ eHalcyon- it's okay. The whole "you've been holding out on us" thing sort of led me to believe that you liked the design. I think you're right, by the way, about the compression changing the design color and making it kinda fuzzy. Up until yesterday (when I read YOUR guidelines, tips and tricks post) I thought the shirt comp was supposed to be 600 x 600. Now I know that it's 580 x 580. Thanks, man.

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
Re: Mechanica The Original Garage Band

Hi Everyone well it has been a while since I submitted anything on Woot. Had a BIG project going on and now I'm done! I hope everyone likes my idea. Leave me a comment if you like. Thx Stellardig

eHalcyon

bellarific wrote:@ eHalcyon- it's okay. The whole "you've been holding out on us" thing sort of led me to believe that you liked the design. I think you're right, by the way, about the compression changing the design color and making it kinda fuzzy. Up until yesterday (when I read YOUR guidelines, tips and tricks post) I thought the shirt comp was supposed to be 600 x 600. Now I know that it's 580 x 580. Thanks, man.

It used to be 600x600. Woot changed it when they changed the site layout a while back. Glad I could be of some help!

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
Re: The Dead Bird Society: The Road Kill Tour of 1989

GMV. One of the few shirts that actually looks like a band concert shirt. Great job. I'm bummed this isn't doing better.

woemcat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woemcat
Re: Iron and Wine? No, Bread and Wine!

this is great! i know a lot of minister friends who would so buy this. if it doesn't get printed, try threadless when the shirt comp's released back. i'd so buy one.

scumit

eHalcyon wrote:+1 on the frustration bit, but I'm pretty sure that Mel isn't being sneaky - I think she deletes the quoted info when she comments on her own designs as well. Probably just an accident or a habit.

Other people delete the quoted info too, but not on their own entries... =\

I know when I comment I'll delete the quote unless I'm responding to it specifically. It's out of habit. Just putting that out there.

By the way, cute shirt! gmv :]

scumit

hoho gmv :]

achickta

quality posts: 4 Private Messages achickta
re:

this is super cute. i want two for my kiddos.

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
jabberjaws13 wrote:the left side of the shirt had a chance of heaven....the right side took the express train to hades.

Referring to the OxyClean logo as grounds for rejection...?

themightiest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages themightiest
re: trumpday

Ha! Pod people. Classic.

leonryan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages leonryan
Re: The Sex Drugs

i'm a bit scared to re-sub it so late in the game, but if i'm lucky enough to get back in the fog by the time it ends i'll be asking that i can resend the file with that ammended. you can see the fixed version at the link somewhere in my comments above.

OneLegPyramid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OneLegPyramid
Re: THE REJECTEDS

Reject...best. thing. ever. HA love it

NYCtShirt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NYCtShirt
Re: THE REJECTEDS

I'm having so much fun. Help me have even more. come vote!!!

studio1172

Re: HAM GRENADE ROCKS HARDER THAN YOUR MOM!

Nothing to do with the derby, but I have thought it was Thursday all day. Anybody else not feeling a Tuesday? I was excited about what the new derby would be about. I have day dreamed on how awesome it would be if the new derby was "ugly", "new sports", or "things to do with a notebook" - I would draw me killing a bear with a notebook. That would be rad.

VOTE HAM GRENADE!

imsochady

quality posts: 26 Private Messages imsochady

Hi there! I'm sad this isn't getting more votes. I could use a white shirt with a really cool design on it, not just for the summer, but for ever!