icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: 3 Owl Moon

this may actually be my top pick for this derby.

i will look more

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
RobotDCLXVI wrote:How in the hell can you be off topic in a made up band t-shirt derby? Can't help you with the no shirt comp though.

It's off topic if it doesn't evoke the feel of a band shirt. Subjective, but I agree that, had I simply seen this design on the street, I wouldn't think that it was a band shirt.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: Friends With Snails

i like this shirt, needs to fog

ensmind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ensmind
AdderXYU wrote:Which is at least on theme and not a recycled piece of rejected schlock from the last derby

Love It!

eHalcyon

AdderXYU wrote:It comes down to people voting for a shirt because it mocks bands who are only in it for the money. Even though the user created the shirt only because it would bring him money.

Hypocrisy at its apex.

Irony, yes, but it's not necessarily hypocrisy. Supporting this shirt isn't the same as supporting DF creating this shirt "only because it would bring him money". DF is basically mocking himself and that persona of "money before art". Mocking bands, mocking himself... pretty much the same thing. Meh.

leonryan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages leonryan
Re: The Sex Drugs

i've been hovering around 5th/6th for at least a day now. don't like my chances but i appreciate you plugging it. thanks.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
eHalcyon wrote:Irony, yes, but it's not necessarily hypocrisy. Supporting this shirt isn't the same as supporting DF creating this shirt "only because it would bring him money". DF is basically mocking himself and that persona of "money before art". Mocking bands, mocking himself... pretty much the same thing. Meh.

Again, I don't for a second think he's mocking himself. I think the joke is on the people who think that.

He's still putting out the same work, and will be making the same payout off it. And he'll do it again the next time. But it will be OK, because he jokes about how he does it.

eHalcyon

AdderXYU wrote:Again, I don't for a second think he's mocking himself. I think the joke is on the people who think that.

He's still putting out the same work, and will be making the same payout off it. And he'll do it again the next time. But it will be OK, because he jokes about how he does it.

Eh, fair enough.

Manvyi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Manvyi
Re: the balalaika players

It says (in Russian) "Menand Women from Russia" - should be "Men and Women from Russia", but there's a space missing.

ctdemonet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctdemonet
dlcramer99 wrote:No disrespect to anyone with this. Just an idea that came to me watching the news and how decenters are treated right now.

The text at the bottom is "the all iranian rejects" ran through a arabic translator so I can only hope it is correct.

Pretty sweet design, coming from an Iranian
If this were to win I would totally buy it
Although the text at the bottom is not even close to "The All Iranian Rejects" hoho.
Good try though

ensmind

nbouscal wrote:Agreed. If I wore this shirt, I'd have to punch myself repeatedly in the face every time I looked in a mirror.

ensmind, you clearly have some level of talent, and I appreciate that, but this just isn't something I could ever wear. Maybe it'd work well as a poster in a science classroom or something. I see and understand the humor, I just don't find it worthwhile as a t-shirt.

Dude... you are absolutely correct... thank you... oh and you don't have to wear it!

Your money is safe in your pocket... I promise they won't hold a gun to your head, force you to wear it although you will be banned from the science fairs and all...

We nerd force will rock it out 4 u!
kisses

erinpingston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erinpingston
Re: No music allowed?

I like the idea but farsi is different than arabic and I think the best translation would be:

وازدههای همه ایرانی

Like I said I like the idea.

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange
Re: the balalaika players

I would like it if it wasn't so boxy.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

mamastowe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mamastowe
Re: Flying Yeti Panzerfaust

Love it!

Here is your cake.....

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
re: monsters of cowbell world tour

In and out of the fog tonight. This is going to be a nail biter.

ensmind

mitchellp wrote:Hmmm... Not a bad idea. So by request, here you go. And you don't even have to make a purchase to vote for it! Thanks!

Cool Thanks...

Lol! here's a thought, I'll reuse my tagline here for AdderXYU...

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
nbouscal wrote:Agreed. Don't get me wrong, Gargrazz, the design is wonderfully executed and I would normally vote for it on those grounds alone. But honestly, the cowbell thing is getting extremely old. You can buy any number of cowbell-related shirts on any number of other websites. One of the main reasons I (and many other people I know) love shirt.woot is the originality of the prints, and frankly, this is just overdone.

I appreciate your honesty and your opinion. I can't speak for how overdone the joke is - but I've latched on to your comment about how wonderfully executed it is. So that begs the question, how many wonderfully executed cowbell shirts have been done and shouldn't Woot be the ones to print it? ;^P

I've got a lot of great comments about the design and it's been a LONG time since I've fogged (after dozens and dozens of entries that I took a lot of pride in). Topping 600 votes will have to be satisfying enough until I get around to designing another one.

Thanks everyone!

hewtab

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hewtab
Re: now appearing in Seattle, Portland, NY, San Fran..

I can't wait for this to print so I can buy it!!! :D

asunburst

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asunburst
Sphinxworks wrote:Made the image bigger on the shirt. hope you like!

I want one!

Barbara J Corn

qahramon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qahramon
Re: Cephalopocalypse Tour 2009

I'd love to sport this shirt around town. For what it's worth, I like the size just how it is. Any bigger would spoil some of the appeal for me.

bluewave12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bluewave12

This is so meta-l.

imsochady

quality posts: 30 Private Messages imsochady
Re: CampFire Eulogyzers

Thanks again people who supported my design. Voting for me now guarantees you a win in your respective state lottery. At least $50 million. Just don't forget to share. Because sharing is caring!

papabo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages papabo

Is anybody having problems trying to upload to the Derby? My print ready file is 9.5MB and it's telling me that it's too big. I thought the file had to be around 20MB so mine should be ok right?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
papabo wrote:Is anybody having problems trying to upload to the Derby? My print ready file is 9.5MB and it's telling me that it's too big. I thought the file had to be around 20MB so mine should be ok right?

apparently a lot of people have had this problem- if it's bigger than 3MB, it won't work. just send a fake print file that's small, and email them your print ready actual file. In general, people haven't been sending an actual print-ready file unless it looked like they were likely to be in the top vote getters. that may be unlikely if you're submitting at this point in the derby.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
icymallard wrote:what if it wasnt a filthy hippie... but a regular one?

Hmmm???

hahahaha! I guess you don't remember actual hippies! A regular hippie is a filthy hippie!

vsuhr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vsuhr
Re: The Dental Flossers

I'm a dental hygiene student and absolutely adore this shirt!!

SamirNagheenanajar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SamirNagheenanajar
striker138 wrote:You win the interwebs!! Samir Naaagonnaworkhereanymore

...are there conjugal visits on the interwebs?

No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right.
It's not that hard: Na-gheen-an-a-jar. Nagheenanajar.

PeterPucker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PeterPucker
Re: Chuck Pucker and his Pluckin' Pickers!

I don't understand how Chuck's entry has so many more votes than mine. My band, the Pickin' Pickled Peppers, and I are so much better...

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Hooty Loves Fishsticks

I really like the owl here :D

camoor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages camoor
Josephus wrote:hahahaha! I guess you don't remember actual hippies! A regular hippie is a filthy hippie!

Where are you from - the 60s? Todays hippies drive a Prius to yoga class, eat organic, and lecture about global warming :D

ChuckPucker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChuckPucker
PeterPucker wrote:I don't understand how Chuck's entry has so many more votes than mine. My band, the Pickin' Pickled Peppers, and I are so much better...

Oh, grow up, Pete! You've always been jealous of my success. I'm thinking about cancelling our reunion concert this Friday if you keep up with this trash-talking.

ChuckPucker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChuckPucker
Re: ONE NIGHT ONLY! PETER AND CHUCK PUCKER ON STAGE!

I regret ever agreeing to do this gig. Peter's a jealous brother.

monkeyswag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyswag
Re: Hooty Loves Fishsticks

Your owl drew me in. Somehow the finished design was not nearly as captivating. The composition needs a little something to give it some "bam"... as it is the type seems to be free floating between the elements. it lacks unity or something. Work on this design, the fish and owl are worth it. Sorry, if I offend.

monkeyswag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyswag
Re: Tattooed Hyde

I find the way your laid the swirls at the base intriguing. Almost gives it a 3d effect, or it's so early my eyes haven't completely focused. gl

tortamus

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tortamus

It stinks!
/but I'd still buy it

akrier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akrier
youngmc33 wrote:God, I feel special. Good thing I know how to work comments.

What I said initially was:

Hah, I love it! I work for Starbucks, so I totally understand. Though I do make a mean espresso macchiato =]. +1 from me!

thanks fellow coffee enthusiast!

dlcramer99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlcramer99
erinpingston wrote:I like the idea but farsi is different than arabic and I think the best translation would be:

وازدههای همه ایرانی

Like I said I like the idea.

So the question is then what does it say.
Dont want it to be offensive in any way.

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
ensmind wrote:Cool Thanks...

Lol! here's a thought, I'll reuse my tagline here for AdderXYU...

Go for it!

cerberez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cerberez
Re: Nutritious BIG

That was an unfair block, or maybe you've got bad eyes. "Appearing on plates everywhere."

acceptablerisk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages acceptablerisk
leonryan wrote:i've been hovering around 5th/6th for at least a day now. don't like my chances but i appreciate you plugging it. thanks.

Yeah, but you've been repeatedly shuffling places with two of the designs currently in the fog. I don't think the chances of printing are so remote.