Popo108

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Popo108
kenney9226 wrote:Peter Pucker and his band are more successful than Chuck Pucker. The brothers rarely speak to each other because of this conflict.

What initially caused the conflict, was it the 'Duelling Pucker" instrumental in that movie where Ned Beatty took the role he could never live down?

camoor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages camoor
Re: The Awesome Mix Tapes

Seen that movie but don't remember this particular scene. I think this is an awesome shirt, with a little tweaking I feel it definately could be a fog contender. I love a good mixtape shirt

advickery

quality posts: 0 Private Messages advickery
tortamus wrote:It stinks!
/but I'd still buy it

Ha!
rocket scientist control now.
Hideous control now.
Ninny on the road now.

I'd buy it too.

homeschoolwinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner
HotSoup19 wrote:I've been here all of a week, but man you guys love to hot tamale about nothing.

best censor ever.

"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles

camoor

cleverconveyence wrote:Join date, japanese reference in username, etc.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwPLQ43JVYU

MrFiskars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrFiskars

I want 3!!!

I also want to vote at least as many times as there were Idaho gholas.

woot.woots: 14
shirt.woots: 6
wine.woots: 1

camoor

Re: Some Band!

Really sad this didn't get more votes, but if ever anything deserved an editors choice this is it.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
homeschoolwinner wrote:Gross.

agreed. and boring too. If you're spanking someone infinitely, it certainly doesn't say much for the creativity in the rest of your arsenal.

Though I suppose it explains what sort of person would enjoy this shirt.

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
camoor wrote:Seen that movie but don't remember this particular scene. I think this is an awesome shirt, with a little tweaking I feel it definately could be a fog contender. I love a good mixtape shirt

It's a great scene. I found a clip on You Tube of the entire scene HERE if anyone wants to see where this idea came from.

nursebynature

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nursebynature
homeschoolwinner wrote:My stomach actually turned...

I'm sorry you don't have fun filled lives.. it was an inside joke which was meant for me... no need to comment on it. Stick with wooting on things that matter... like shirts. Peace to you two haters

nbouscal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nbouscal
homeschoolwinner wrote:best censor ever.

I'd have to disagree. "SPIDERS! GET THEM OFF!" is way better. But yes, hot tamale is pretty effing funny :P

theghotiman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theghotiman
Re: Captain Salt

My god this is wonderful. I hope it prints somewhere, anywhere.

homeschoolwinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner
nbouscal wrote:I'd have to disagree. "SPIDERS! GET THEM OFF!" is way better. But yes, hot tamale is pretty effing funny :P

They're both good.

SPIDERS! GET THEM OFF!, hot tamale!

"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles

Urtawkin2adork83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Urtawkin2adork83
Re: Monsters Of Cowbell World Tour

wow haven't people grown old of this joke yet...

nbouscal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nbouscal
Re: The Space Crabs

I really hope you get this printed elsewhere; I'd definitely be in for one.

yuppicide

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yuppicide

The design on this one is too large on the shirt, otherwise I'd like it a little more.

re: the sex drugs

kodamommy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kodamommy
Re: Scientology Tabernacle Choir

I NEED this shirt I live in UT I would put one on both my kids and myself and my husband and walk to temple square and watch people's faces!

kirsi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kirsi

this shirt is cute. i love space and bunnies. i like cute things. i want.

MarlosTiger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MarlosTiger
slhampel wrote:The shirt from the 1977 tour of the (not so cheesy) band Fromage Homage (FroHo for short).

Aw man! Not another cheezy cover band. :P

Voted.

meestergud

quality posts: 2 Private Messages meestergud
Re: Monsters Of Cowbell World Tour

Wait. . .the Monsters of Cowbell don't come here to TX? HELLO?!?!? Yes, we have 6th St. in Austin and Woot!, but we also have cows. Lots and lots of cows. Plus, the University of Texas has a cow mascot and a bunch of old ladies who do nothing but ring cowbells during football games. As much as I love the idea, I can't vote for such an oversight.

MeesterGud

mickey126

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mickey126
Re: Mozart Rocks

This is completely hilarious though, I really hope this gets made into a shirt soon.

Sallynla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sallynla

PLEEEZ vote for this one! It's so clever & the art is great too. I really want to own one of these -- I'm so sick of the death & cynicism in so many of the entries!

Sallynla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sallynla
Re: Electric Bill and the Charges

PLEEEZ vote for this one! It's so clever & the art is great too. I really want to own one of these -- I'm so sick of the death & cynicism in so many of the entries!

erinpingston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erinpingston
dlcramer99 wrote:So the question is then what does it say.
Dont want it to be offensive in any way.

It says that All Iranian Rejects

camoor

truffleshuffle wrote:Sadly, I don't think I'm hardcore enough to pull off a shirt that references sex AND drugs AND sex-drugs,ha ha. However, excellent work. This clearly took some talent;)

Hate to say it, but I think you have a point. I have to think the only thing holding this shirt down is the name of the band.

Stuntdummy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stuntdummy
AdderXYU wrote:He has an absolutely solid style. For otaku fan art and nerdcons. Not for a legit shirt site. It is certainly arguable that woot is not a legit shirt site, but still, take it to cafepress. Start "The Dojo of the Same Design 100 Ways" and rake in your profits. There is no reason we should have to deal with anything this uninspired week after week.

ORIGINAL AND EXCLUSIVE shirts, says the FAQ. None of these are original. They are the same exact thing every 15 year old with a mangafetish draws. Every shirt looks the same. Every concept is stale. As for exclusive, that is only because there is no other shirt site out there who would accept this level of work

I know, dude, I know...
I don't like his style either, but I do think he could put out better "ideas" with his style.
Really, I don't care what people's styles are, even if it is mangafetish. I just can't stand things that are off-theme or unshirtable. There's no excuse for it. A design shouldn't ever need explanation for why it's on theme; it should be undeniably spot-on, themewise and shirtability. I don't know the last time I saw a Ramyb design that was either or both.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik

BTW, rarely have I seen a designer answer criticism with less grace, ensmind. I feel your pain, man, I really do--some can be less than polite in their critiquing (I'll admit, sometimes that's even me). That being said, sniping back and being even nastier will not do wonders for your rep.

TZPDX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TZPDX
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=33048]Vlad

Seriously, this is fantastic! If this gets made elsewhere, I hope I can find it, because I'd buy two for myself and another 4 or 5 for friends.

AdderXYU

Stuntdummy wrote:I know, dude, I know...
I don't like his style either, but I do think he could put out better "ideas" with his style.
Really, I don't care what people's styles are, even if it is mangafetish. I just can't stand things that are off-theme or unshirtable. There's no excuse for it. A design shouldn't ever need explanation for why it's on theme; it should be undeniably spot-on, themewise and shirtability. I don't know the last time I saw a Ramyb design that was either or both.

The last time I did was on deviantart. Over there, drawing pointless desu is always on topic ;)

As for here, I would argue even his best done piece was "off" in some area. Many weren't even on theme. Quite a few pushed common rejection boundaries. Even when he tried on a piece like "the open sea," it looked too blotchy like a live trace. But as I've well learned, art is written by the victors. You sell something, and it becomes worth something. It's the Walmart mentality... I get what I want, and I get it cheap, and by wanting it and getting it cheap, it is the best.

AdderXYU

IndependentVik wrote:Heh. I had to urbandictionary that one

BTW, rarely have I seen a designer answer criticism with less grace, ensmind. I feel your pain, man, I really do--some can be less than polite in their critiquing (I'll admit, sometimes that's even me). That being said, sniping back and being even nastier will not do wonders for your rep.

The designers with the worst reputations are the ones that make the most bank in the derbies. Think about it and tell me that "reputation" means ANYTHING. The only people who are effected are the ones who dare question what rises to the top. If you're in the right with the drones, you could eat babies on video and they'd defend you.

Seriously, though, the meteoric rise of this tee makes me pretty repulsed and totally baffled. I cannot honestly justify how this could do that legitimately, and it makes me wish woot had the sense of honor to investigate.

xtinaftw

quality posts: 21 Private Messages xtinaftw
striker138 wrote:Great job. Yet another shirt that should have gotten many more votes.

Thanks striker! Maybe I'll take the text out and resub it next week.... :D

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: The Sex Drugs

Excellent work!

sid3000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sid3000
Re: No music allowed?

+1 for using the traditional Iranian guitar (dont know how to say it in English)

schw9411

quality posts: 8 Private Messages schw9411

[quote postid="3299348" user="nbouscal"]
nbouscal, I just have to say, thank you for staying reasonable and admitting that while entries that take a little more work and have more "artistic integrity" (whoever decides what that is) would be preferable to cutesy dime-a-dozen gag shirts, WOOT is a BUSINESS. There's a reason that cutesy dime-a-dozen shirts are such. They sell. I think that DF really understands this and that's where the first pandas came from same with lion, witch, wardrobe, and the turtles. I don't know what adder finds to be so epicly important about silly t-shirts unless he is like others using money made from sites like this to live on, and then I feel for him a bit- but, really, spend more time promoting your design and saying why it is good rather than trashing on an intelligent artist who has the market figured out. ... ... wow that got off topic... I just wanted to say thank you for staying rational!

P.S. love the idea behind the pi shirt, hate the actual shirt along with others.

Sms4001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sms4001

you should try this at tshirthell.. they will prolly publish it.

Bulnes

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bulnes
depe wrote:I don't find it derogatory at all. In fact I'd call this unifying . THE Filthy Hippies, I mean once you've got the "THE" your practically a union right? This one shirt may increase working conditions across the nation!

hoho... I agree with this.

You are doing them a favor. Now they can have matching costumes as well.

Now to get the design to the street.

Woots: twelve
Shirts: fifty five...wow.. I gotta get another hobby

ericstreif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericstreif
Re: The Sex Drugs

I'm sorry but I really don't get this and why so many people are voting for it. It doesn't really make sense nor would I ever wear this.

Eric Streif

IndependentVik

AdderXYU wrote:
Seriously, though, the meteoric rise of this tee makes me pretty repulsed and totally baffled. I cannot honestly justify how this could do that legitimately, and it makes me wish woot had the sense of honor to investigate.

Yeah, woot . . . woot doesn't really investigate anything. If they didn't look into a pair of designers winning (at least one of them) practically every week they're not going to look into a single, improbable rise (note I said improbable, not impossible, so cool your jets, ensmind--I'm not accusing you of anything).

It's just kind of a shame. If woot never audits their voting system, the end results can never really be fully trusted, whether or not suspicious activity pops up. They could easily solve this, of course, by ending the practice of votes being the sole determinant for print-worthiness in the derbies, but I'm not holding my breath

IndependentVik

ericstreif wrote:I'm sorry but I really don't get this and why so many people are voting for it. It doesn't really make sense nor would I ever wear this.

It's an excellent illustration, clearly a band shirt (not all of the shirts near the top fit this, believe it or not), great color choices, and he (apologies if I used the wrong pronoun) picked a good blank for the design to rest on.

Oh, and robots are cool

tazfreeatlast

quality posts: 21 Private Messages tazfreeatlast
tannerack wrote:thts deff peal jams little dude thing

While it does resemble it if you don't have the original for reference, I feel there is too much of a difference for it to be considered anything but a parody of the Alive cover.