+ Add a Comment

turb0b0ytim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turb0b0ytim
Re: now appearing in Seattle, Portland, NY, San Fran..

Don't forget the People's Republic of Boulder! GO BUFFS!

homeschoolwinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner
Re: Electric Bill and the Charges

Here's a sample for the colors. I'm pretty disappointed that the colors are not better looking on the comp. But they are much brighter, like this

"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles

iamdeba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamdeba
arwerther wrote:Meh. Wouldn't wear it.

I agree. Def not my style...I guess its a cute idea though.

lauraglynn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lauraglynn

JW, I like you and I have liked all of your other designs. (here is the but) I take this as making fun of the homeless and it doesn't sit well with me. If it didn't use the word filthy it would be great.

Just my 2 cents and obviously the very minority.

take care

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
blahmcblah wrote:Of course you don't know how it's going to show up, because you know absolutely nothing about t-shirt design. Thankfully, Priscilla here is a very experienced, multi-printed designer, and knows exactly what she's doing with those colors. You probably won't recall that other people who have no idea what they're talking about had similar concerns about geekfactor12's Dinosaurs, and that printed wonderfully. There are countless other examples of designers who know what they're doing ending up with shirts that print exactly like they look on the screen, along with those who are clueless when it comes to the t-shirt canvas ending up with poor prints. This is definitely a case of the former.

Hey now, even those with a clue can make mistakes. Pandora's Friends, for example. That Woot's template colours aren't always accurate only makes things worse.

I'm not on my regular computer so colours are different here - is this a red or cranberry shirt? I'm sure it would print wonderfully on the former. Cranberry would have less contrast, but I think would still be ok.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: HAND GRENADE ROCKS HARDER THAN YOUR MOM

Nothing rocks harder than ham hunks and grenades! Don't wimp out, vote this this!

A little detail

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Very cute, like the color scheme and awesome name (props to ehal).

Vote!

huhnjo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages huhnjo
Re: Monsters Of Cowbell World Tour

"More Cowbell!"

jasneko

Re: Green Dream Machine

Ok, well other designs keep getting formed as I work on another design.
Not sure if this is everyone's tastes, but I like the colors and I like simple tees, so thought I would put it out there.
Thanks for your feedback/votes!

Vote!

SexGodSteve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SexGodSteve
re: interplanetary bunnies

this guy is a one trick pony.

im tired of seeing his Kazaam (1996) up in the top and getting printed over the obviously better submissions just because of his name.

vincentj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vincentj
Re: The Mighty Mighty Eucharists

resubmit this on a shirt comp so it doesn't get rejected! Very cute.

eHalcyon

homeschoolwinner wrote:Here's a sample for the colors. I'm pretty disappointed that the colors are not better looking on the comp. But they are much brighter, like this

Checklist:

1. JPG format
2. RGB mode
3. uncompressed at upload
4. 580x580px for comp, 240x240px for thumbnail

Number 4 is probably the biggest one for old school designers. When Woot switched to this new version of the forums, they also decreased the size of the comp from 600x600px.

perryn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perryn
Re: Shredder and the Facemelters

Hey everybody. Lemme know what you think. I pretty sure this is enough of a parody to work.

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

studio1172

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=32839]

Gawd darn panda bears. Why will they not die?

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
homeschoolwinner wrote:Here's a sample for the colors. I'm pretty disappointed that the colors are not better looking on the comp. But they are much brighter, like this

Either way, I voted and I'd buy and wear it. I just didn't know if you'd changed it. Good luck!

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz

It was a bear getting this image down to 500k for some reason. Stupid dots. I'll upload a full res when I get home from work tonight.

Enjoy.

eHalcyon

Re: RUSTED PUCKER

Hey Kenney, shirt comp shows it slanted while the thumbnail shows it level. Might want to fix that!

jasneko

Oh lol. You are too funny.

Vote!

jasneko

Gonna make you lunch till you're full!

hehe.
Very cute. Not something I'd wear, but I would smile if I saw it on someone else!

Vote!

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard

cant wear it, too pretentious

reminds me of that southpark episode tho...

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian

Uh... I don't mind tongue-in-cheek humor, but I *do* mind when it fogs. DF, promise us you'll have the integrity to pull this if it actually looks like it's gonna print. :X

whisperatdaybreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whisperatdaybreak
Re: 3 Owl Moon

Gmv I would love to have this shirt! It's one of my favorites of yours.

Snicker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Snicker
Re: Autonomous Burbur Suckers

Man - their music really hoovers. I caught the 10:30 performance, and it was all just loud thumping. Hard to understand the lyrics, too, it all just sounds like wind to me.
+1

valorandvellum

quality posts: 5 Private Messages valorandvellum
eHalcyon wrote:Hey now, even those with a clue can make mistakes. Pandora's Friends, for example. That Woot's template colours aren't always accurate only makes things worse.

I'm not on my regular computer so colours are different here - is this a red or cranberry shirt? I'm sure it would print wonderfully on the former. Cranberry would have less contrast, but I think would still be ok.

It's set up on Cranberry, but the palette would work on Red too.

eHalcyon

Re: the banana birds

I like the idea but I don't really like the composition with the text. I think that after Woot's 60-day hold, you should just scrap the text and take that sketch of the banana bird and really flesh it out - colour, shading, all that jazz. The sketch is great.

reganrai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reganrai
Re: Werewolves Can't Dance

This shirt is AMAZING. I hope it gets printed!

woot: 5 | shirt.woot: 19 | wine.woot: 3 | sellout.woot: 0

earthart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earthart
godslinger wrote:I like that technique and it looks really cool with the band shirt. I like your color choices as well. I don't quite get why Dogfish Key is a shark, but then I don't find it bothers me either. Good job!

Thank you very much. It is a style I started doing as a kid, back in my breakdancing days. Don't ask. I'll keep working on it and some of my other styles as time permits. Need to get my hand back but time is scarce.

As for the dogfish, this particular species is the infamous spiny dogfish, that ole' spurdog! There are over 100 species of shark in the dogfish order. So Dogfish Key is some unchartered island north of No Name Key (you pass it on your way to Key West).

I'm not sure what goes on on Dogfish Key. I'm not so sure I want to know. Tequesta legend has it that the only dogfish on Dogfish Key were of the human variety, buccaneers perhaps. As for the band, I don't know just what kind of band would be inspired by such a place.

On another side note, a lot of folks think of dogfish as garbage fish. I think not. They are important to their ecosystems and are essentially the most successful of sharks. And they're cool looking.

Thanks again for your compliments. They are much appreciated and I am glad you like the design. Take care.

homeschoolwinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner
eHalcyon wrote:Checklist:

1. JPG format
2. RGB mode
3. uncompressed at upload
4. 580x580px for comp, 240x240px for thumbnail

Number 4 is probably the biggest one for old school designers. When Woot switched to this new version of the forums, they also decreased the size of the comp from 600x600px.

The size is at 580 X 580. RBG, JPEG, uncompressed, check check check. I purposely dumped the quality because I wasn't able to upload my entry and in the midst of my submission freakout/meltdown, I thought maybe the max file size of 500kb dropped to something lower and I missed it...so I ended up submitting the terrible resolution version you see up there. What I don't understand is why the colors in my linked high-res versions changed...

"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles

tiernane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiernane

Digging the irony No vote from me though.

reganrai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reganrai
Re: The Hovercrafties

This is fun! I love the concept - very funny!

woot: 5 | shirt.woot: 19 | wine.woot: 3 | sellout.woot: 0

Hutif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hutif

If the shirt itself would only say "coming to Portland"...

whisperatdaybreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whisperatdaybreak

Melkoret

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Melkoret
Re: HAM GRENADE ROCKS HARDER THAN YOUR MOM!

************* YES!!!!!!

HAM GRENADE!!!!

I ALREADY BOUGHT VIP HAM-JUICE-SPLASH-ZONE TIX TO ALL THE CLEVELAND SHOWS!!!

imsochady

quality posts: 26 Private Messages imsochady
jasneko wrote:Ok, well other designs keep getting formed as I work on another design.
Not sure if this is everyone's tastes, but I like the colors and I like simple tees, so thought I would put it out there.
Thanks for your feedback/votes!

Hahaha, I think your first design won't get to see the light if you keep making detours.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Awesome! WB Gargrazz! Haven't seen you here in awhile (or am I just oblivious??).

studio1172

Re: HAM GRENADE ROCKS HARDER THAN YOUR MOM!

Nothing says "this kicks ham ass" like Ham Grenade! Don't be a fish hand shaking wimp, vote for this beast!

I removed the other version, I forgot some things. Anyway, please revote!

Some detail

eHalcyon

homeschoolwinner wrote:The size is at 580 X 580. RBG, JPEG, uncompressed, check check check. I purposely dumped the quality because I wasn't able to upload my entry and in the midst of my submission freakout/meltdown, I thought maybe the max file size of 500kb dropped to something lower and I missed it...so I ended up submitting the terrible resolution version you see up there. What I don't understand is why the colors in my linked high-res versions changed...

Huh... I'm stumped. Maybe the place you're uploading the hi-res images has some strange compression algorithms?

ChuckleNorris

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ChuckleNorris
Re: Shredder and the Facemelters

Anything with shredder is cool in my book.