AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
eHalcyon wrote:Tomorrow: surprise print by AdderXYU.

It would be a surprise even to me!

I hope they pick Steampunk Dog!

ciabelle

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ciabelle
eHalcyon wrote:Oh, oh! Possible cures for writer's block:

1. Tequila
2. Plagiarism
3. Electroshock therapy
4. More tequila!

Thanks! I took your advice, and was finally able to muster the nerve to email my boss with an honest assessment of his abilities, the company in general, various co-workers, and my level of compensation.

Unfortunately, the effect of the tequila is beginning to wear off now and I'm experiencing deep remorse in actually pressing the "Send" button. Let's just say that were I to post much of the letter here, Woot's chat filters would come up with many amusing substitutes.

I believe I have roughly 5 hours before I need to update my resume. Let's see... where to start... ummmmmm....

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
ciabelle wrote:Thanks! I took your advice, and was finally able to muster the nerve to email my boss with an honest assessment of his abilities, the company in general, various co-workers, and my level of compensation.

Unfortunately, the effect of the tequila is beginning to wear off now and I'm experiencing deep remorse in actually pressing the "Send" button. Let's just say that were I to post much of the letter here, Woot's chat filters would come up with many amusing substitutes.

I believe I have roughly 5 hours before I need to update my resume. Let's see... where to start... ummmmmm....

I would start by writing "Creative differences" under "why you left your old job"

mrnealmath

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrnealmath
ciabelle wrote:Thanks! I took your advice, and was finally able to muster the nerve to email my boss with an honest assessment of his abilities, the company in general, various co-workers, and my level of compensation.

Drink some more Tequila. It will all become clear...

nanojohn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nanojohn

...walking around with this t-shirt on hoping someone will complete the sentence for you.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

Disclaimer: Solutions suitable for fictional purposes only.

That means either that you should only use the solutions to combat writer's block when you are writing fiction, or that the solutions should only be used if you are a fictional person.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

ericleekent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericleekent
xylotism wrote:Would have been cool as a poster or something.

As a shirt... not even close.

I feel this too, probably because the design doesn't breathe too well. Awesome composition, but it's solid ink on my chest.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
AdderXYU wrote:It would be a surprise even to me!

It would no doubt be more steampunk than most of what printed!!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
JHDeery wrote:WRITER WHO LOVES IT. free the weasels.

first sucker AND first comment?

dang, you were pretty quick on the draw today!

or

you have a timeturner that stopped the flow of time for a brief moment, allowing you to take your leisure and complete the first transaction for this shirt, and also come up with your comment. Too bad you didn't come up with a Quality Post, you could have had the trifecta!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

and congrats to thatrobert for today's print. I'm not a writer, and not a fan of heather grey, but I can see there's a market for this.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

Yea thatrobert!!!!

tabrazinski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski
AdderXYU wrote:yknow what I actually really like about this week so far?

Everyone who has printed is a wooter. Jewelwing, Robert, presumably Danster all started their shirt designing here. And while I certainly haven't found a tee I like enough to sport, I really really like seeing a diverse week made up of woot talent.

Obviously there are PLENTY of derby designers I never want to see again, but seeing a whole week of shirts from "local" talent is nice, and should possibly happen more often. I just hope tomorrow follows this trend.

i was thinking along these very same lines as i came upon your post.

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson
AdderXYU wrote:It would be a surprise even to me!

That would be awesome!

Congrats Robert!!!

arcsus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages arcsus

1. Tequila
2. Plagiarism
3. Electroshock therapy
4. More tequila!

More possible Cure for writer's block:

1. Close To Me
2. Pictures of You
3. Friday I'm In Love
4. Just Like Heaven

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2

Congrats Robert! Good to see you printed!

februarystar27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages februarystar27

I wish I liked the colors in this one a bit more... I'm sure I'd have many occasions where this shirt would be appropriate during my upcoming year of playwriting madness. hmm. Maybe I'll think about it and pick it up later today or sometime before Reckoning if I decide I really want it. Because in addition to writer's block I also have to worry about writer's poverty.

Will also have to keep the tequila thing in mind...

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik

As Adder mentioned earlier, it's nice seeing some of the derby regulars getting printed for the daily slots

Congrats, thatrobert!

tune4jack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tune4jack

Hmm I can't seem to keep writing this engineering report...there's just too much to it! I'm hoping by wearing this t-shirt, it will tell me the answer!

In for 1! Love the design!

Laura9387

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Laura9387

1. Tequila
2. Plagiarism
3. Electroshock therapy
4. More tequila!

I approve of options 1 and 4.

magawa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages magawa

I think the text will display oddly around my female chestal bits causing people to perform some sort of strange duck and weave as they attempt to read the text.

In for ONE!

SNDZag1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SNDZag1

I'm not sure how negative comments are accepted here (and for a first post, this is probably pretty stupid to do), but I really don't see the creativity of it. It's a bunch of words going down in a block formati--- OH I GET IT.

Awesome.

Wooterologist

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Wooterologist

Writing my doctoral thesis at the moment (or rather, trying/pretending to write), so this shirt is perfect. Nice job on the design. I like the literal imagery. Heather gray works for me, too.

I was going to think of something more poignant to write, but, well, uh ...

Cals1686

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cals1686

But NaNoWriMo isn't until November!

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Cals1686 wrote:But NaNoWriMo isn't until November!

With smartpost, it will get there just about on time...

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Congrats on the daily TR. Looks great!

writerofwrongs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages writerofwrongs

You don't have to get it right, just get it written. Write on.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
SNDZag1 wrote:I'm not sure how negative comments are accepted here (and for a first post, this is probably pretty stupid to do), but I really don't see the creativity of it. It's a bunch of words going down in a block formati--- OH I GET IT.

Awesome.

Negative comments are common, actually.

And this isn't so much a "oh, I get it" shirt as it is a simple yet clever design that amuses and hits home with writers. Not everyone will like it, I suppose.

indihar

quality posts: 7 Private Messages indihar
thatrobert wrote:With smartpost, it will get there just about on time...

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
SNDZag1 wrote:I'm not sure how negative comments are accepted here (and for a first post, this is probably pretty stupid to do), but I really don't see the creativity of it. It's a bunch of words going down in a block formati--- OH I GET IT.

Awesome.

nice first post.

thatrobert

Even better than getting printed today, I now have my first quality post!

mcwoot42

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mcwoot42
Cals1686 wrote:But NaNoWriMo isn't until November!

Just a random guess here, does that stand for National November Writing Month?

culbers2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages culbers2

Reminds me of the old School House Rock cartoons

EinnaFK

quality posts: 8 Private Messages EinnaFK

Bought this shirt for the write up.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
mcwoot42 wrote:Just a random guess here, does that stand for National November Writing Month?

National Novel Writing Month.

The goal is to write a 50,000 word original novel in November. It doesn't have to be a completed work (i.e. the story doesn't have to be finished by the end of the 50,000 words) but it needs to be original (you can't continue working on something else or write fan fiction or anything - everything needs to be new).

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Mitwang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mitwang

Reminds me of The Meaning of Life

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Cool design- good choice on heather, too. Congrats on the print!

gburgkhana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gburgkhana

Shoot! I completely forgot to buy this when I got home yesterday. Did it sell out yesterday?

thatrobert

gburgkhana wrote:Shoot! I completely forgot to buy this when I got home yesterday. Did it sell out yesterday?

Nope, you can buy it here still: http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=9274

gburgkhana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gburgkhana

Thanks for the link.

lucyq22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lucyq22

Grr. Seems I missed this one by a mere few hours. Ah, crud.