1%
93%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

square965

quality posts: 4 Private Messages square965

Wow, it's amazing how you made the rain, looks 3D almost.

lol hi

LTaco

quality posts: 3 Private Messages LTaco

Why is that planet spitting on those robots?

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson

Drops of Jupiter... Great, there goes the picnic...

Congrats on the print.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

in a real rainstorm, these guys would rust... theoretically, those meteors should come down like hail and dent the heck out of everything.

I actually preferred loopy's interpretation far better than this one. Hers seemed more cohesive. Plus, it was one of very few entries last week on a light shirt, which was a bonus.

imsochady

quality posts: 26 Private Messages imsochady

Congrats sir! And I haven't received the volcano one yet...

Basileus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Basileus

As much as I love the design, the robots themselves are uninspired. Now with the red giant+ white dwarf design out of the running, this is one more contest where Woot gets none of my money.

easysailor

quality posts: 25 Private Messages easysailor

in for two

I live paycheck to paycheck thanks to woot.

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

My first thought was that those raindrops fall in a really awkward path.

Then I figured they were probably meteors.

But if that is so, how big must those robots be? Meteors are kinda ginormous.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

rlorenz89

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rlorenz89

I really like how the shirt flows from left to right as you move down the shirt. Makes for a neat effect.

Another great print, cmdixon2! Congrats

ewtye

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ewtye

I am so glad this design won something. I love the way it goes from one side down to the other. Creative, unique... Congrats.

kossorihana

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kossorihana

Noooo! I wanted the other shirt

I do like this shirt design though. It's a very cute concept well expressed. I just really wanted the other one for my boyfriend.

mhoskins555

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mhoskins555

One of the best I've seen on woot. Really defies the square box limitation.

pumbaa57

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pumbaa57

You know how the number one rule of marriage is to never go to bed mad? Well I'm going to bed mad tonight because the red giant didn't print.

I have to go pout now.

there's nothing douchier than a signature that lists all the junk you've bought. NOBODY CARES.

xxchange

I spent a few minutes yelling at the computer, "What do COMICS have to do with this shirt? There's nothing COMIC about it!" and then I realized that the condition was "cosmic" not "comics".

My bad.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

xxchange

I just realized, this shirt would be perfect for my brother! He's a weatherman.

Tabaggins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tabaggins

was really hoping this one made it

glad it did!

KarenMarie

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KarenMarie

Awww...

Are those little robots?

KelleeMitchell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KelleeMitchell

Glad to see the shirt I wanted make it! In for 2.

deadlyblonde

quality posts: 6 Private Messages deadlyblonde

So does the little girl robot have a doll, or a dead pet human?

...Sorry, that was kinda morbid =P

JadenKale

deadlyblonde wrote:So does the little girl robot have a doll, or a dead pet human?

...Sorry, that was kinda morbid =P

HAHAHA I was thinking it was a toy robot.

sugareeali

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sugareeali

I wish my dad had spent quality meteor shower time with me.

TaterTot

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TaterTot

This should have been #1... love it!

zozzles

quality posts: 6 Private Messages zozzles

Oh so sorry. Too dark to see anything. Have not light amplification goggles yet.

Geeze - is there really as LITTLE non-black (or whatever the cloth color is) to see much?

Of course, I could just be being typically blind. However, in "real life" I've seen some quite truly spectacular showers and they are amazingly bright.

sanguineillusion

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sanguineillusion

Is that Bender?

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2

Thanks everybody who voted for this one!

I'm really surprised it survived. It lost a lot of momentum after the weekend and I was actually expecting Binkdrop's red dwarf design to make 3rd. It was a great entry and I'm sorry to disappoint those who stayed up waiting for it. Send all anger my way and leave those poor robots alone.

Goodnight all, and thanks again to all the voters and buyers!

JadenKale

sanguineillusion wrote:Is that Bender?

No, but someone did a bender design this week.

jondeere89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jondeere89

Excellent! I just got one for my friend for her birthday! Congrats on the print and keep it up! I love your designs!

pm44109

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pm44109

gotta buy one just based on the great description. sadly i am old enough to get the reference.

Demonbuttercup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Demonbuttercup
sanguineillusion wrote:Is that Bender?

LOL I thought the same thing

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
xxchange wrote:My first thought was that those raindrops fall in a really awkward path.

Then I figured they were probably meteors.

But if that is so, how big must those robots be? Meteors are kinda ginormous.

Meteors come in all shapes and sizes. The ones that fall to Earth are generally very small because they burn up when entering our atmosphere. Most don't even make it to the ground. Maybe those are just small meteors (definitely plausible). Maybe the umbrella also creates an artificial atmosphere around their levitating space island.

At the very least, they must have some sort of gravity generator. Or maybe both the island and the robots are magnetic, and the poor things are doomed to spend the rest of their artificial lives stuck to space debris...

But I digress. Meteors can certainly be small - most are.

I should add that I should have used the term "meteoroid" instead. by definition, it's not a meteor unless it has entered Earth's atmosphere.

And I just looked it up - meteoroids are "sand- to boulder-sized particles of debris". So yeah... they can certainly be small.

And now everyone has had more than their daily requirement of useless knowledge. Sorry.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
pm44109 wrote:gotta buy one just based on the great description. sadly i am old enough to get the reference.

I didn't read the write up until I read this. and I must say, while I am NOT old enough to get the reference, I get it anyway, and it was worth the work to decipher it. Brilliant work, writers.

Also, this

boxjock

quality posts: 3 Private Messages boxjock
pm44109 wrote:gotta buy one just based on the great description. sadly i am old enough to get the reference.

Yeah, me too. It took a few seconds for me to realize it was song lyrics. I actually came to the discussion boards to compliment the writers for it.

So, good job, woot writers!

hbanzapan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hbanzapan

Yes but, how did they get to that spot to watch the showers in the first place? Poppins?

Kerigman

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Kerigman

I might have bit if it had Glow In The Dark ink.

boxjock

quality posts: 3 Private Messages boxjock
zozzles wrote:Oh so sorry. Too dark to see anything. Have not light amplification goggles yet.

Geeze - is there really as LITTLE non-black (or whatever the cloth color is) to see much?

Of course, I could just be being typically blind. However, in "real life" I've seen some quite truly spectacular showers and they are amazingly bright.

But what makes them bright is the friction of a planet's (Earth's) atmosphere causing enough heat for the thing to glow. (See eHalcyon's post.) Since the only planet in the picture is causing their path to curve--a really nice design touch, BTW--there's nothing to make them glow. However, glow-in-the-dark would have been a nice touch.

Ozzie2191

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Ozzie2191

Wasn't this a scene in WALL-E?

**Witty signature fail**Out of cheese error**Redo from start**

mybell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybell
eHalcyon wrote:
And now everyone has had more than their daily requirement of useless knowledge. Sorry.

Never be sorry for providing us with useless knowledge (trivia), as that is what makes the world a better place to live on.

The shirt is great and was my favorite of the derby.

I love being under an umbrella in a shower, that must be a special meteor umbrella, I think there is a guy in NYC that sells those.

fridel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fridel

Definitely worth to be my first woot .

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

To all those who said any variation of " Gee Whiz, I wanted the other one. " :

I feel your pain.

But not today. There have been too many Sundays for me to remember where I felt shafted, cheated, and very disappointed that my favorite of the derby missed printing.

But I, for one, am very happy to see CMD's shirt print today. It's the one in the fog I liked best. I like the flow of the design. I think the coloring is brilliant. And I think he used the printing space that woot offers very creatively.

So, good on ya, voters!

congrats CMD!

edit:
oh, yeah.......and I'm in for one!