AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
prateeko wrote:Based on the shape it should be a kidney, although it is curious that there is only one.

Maybe the other one got into a love triangle with the heart and when the organs/partner kidney found out it ran away and now we've found ourselves here...?



I think the heart probably ate the other kidney, causing the lone remaining one to demand the heart scram, as shown here.

And yeah, I'm not about to say this was quite the horrible week most people are claiming, but it was indeed a let-down. The difference is, woot could easily do this same experiment again with better results.

djcutnpaste


quality posts: 1 Private Messages djcutnpaste

I dig a lot of your other artwork spacesick, I'm just not so enthusiastic about this piece.

professore


quality posts: 3 Private Messages professore
riveted wrote:a little sad if you have been on the long list to nowhere waiting for a kidney...



As a double organ recipient, I have been on that list. But for a kidney and a pancreas. Luckily due to my youth (33 at the time) and my positive attitude, I got the transplants just over a year after getting on the list.

As far as the print, it is mildly humorous, but I've seen Space's other work, and I would really prefer something like this

*not a real professor...

fablefire


quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire

This is how I envision my organs when they don't play well with each other. =D

rmoore08


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmoore08

This is strangely like the Pluto one from a few days back.

Icemank91


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Icemank91

Best this week. :D

zozzles


quality posts: 6 Private Messages zozzles

If I didn't feel so much like that poor little, uh, heart-broken heart, I might buy this shirt. However, it saddens me SO much that I think I'll just go... throw myself into the human waste incinerator instead.

sob.

thejakeyl88


quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88

Looks like someone's system is out of whack. They'll soon realize their mistake, and they'll be begging for them to be friends again.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

frereleo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages frereleo

This almost on the verge of being funny for me except for the fact that it's a bit tasteless.

hitokirikoneko


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hitokirikoneko

yay for my first woot buying

lupingrl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lupingrl

I'd actually buy this shirt if it was the liver instead of the heart that was being rejected. I have a liver deficiency and I love irony!

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
lupingrl wrote:I'd actually buy this shirt if it was the liver instead of the heart that was being rejected. I have a liver deficiency and I love irony!



Liver is an excellent source of iron-y

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
capedcrusader514 wrote:Is this a joke? tell me woot isn't really selling this.



I'd tell you, but I can't stop what's on the screen.

It's simplistic, cute... but I don't think I'd wear it. And don't get me wrong Spacesick, I like your pieces. However, this isn't my fav of yours.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
frereleo wrote:This almost on the verge of being funny for me except for the fact that it's a bit tasteless.



But a tongue would be out of place in the design given that none of the others are sensory organs.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

chefbooyadee


quality posts: 38 Private Messages chefbooyadee

A bit plain for my tastes, but I enjoy the lung high-five action.

Foaming


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Foaming

As long as we're asking about the organs: Why is the liver shaped like a stomach?

Misanthrope


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Misanthrope
Foaming wrote:As long as we're asking about the organs: Why is the liver shaped like a stomach?



Because it's a pancreas?

puyoplash


quality posts: 0 Private Messages puyoplash

its not the art design thats bad, its just the message. it looks like more of a comedic shirt, but it doesnt have a punchline to it, ive been thinking about it now for a few mintutes and i still dont get it.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Foaming wrote:As long as we're asking about the organs: Why is the liver shaped like a stomach?



My best guess is because it is a stomach

sarahjean1977


quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarahjean1977
puyoplash wrote:its not the art design thats bad, its just the message. it looks like more of a comedic shirt, but it doesnt have a punchline to it, ive been thinking about it now for a few mintutes and i still dont get it.



I still don't get it either...

septober


quality posts: 0 Private Messages septober

I don't like it. Organ rejection is serious, and nothing to poke fun at.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
chefbooyadee wrote:A bit plain for my tastes, but I enjoy the lung high-five action.



Clearly the induced sputum is a bit bloody. I'd say this is early stage of multiple organ failure. Probably has systemic sepsis, acquired during the surgery when the other kidney got donated.

kennube


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kennube
zlawrenc wrote:this is a tiny improvement, but it's still cancellation. come back woot staff.


I can only guess that this is exactly the reaction they were hoping for this week.

L3g3ndQ


quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ

are you kidding me?? i wish wood ether A) make a new kidshirt.woot or B)stop selling kids sizes... then we would not see nearly as many of these horrid lil shirts. this past week has been the worst week for shirts here so far, though the past few months have been bad too. i just don't understand, is woot running out of good submissions??? are they having to dig in their rejection bin for new shirts??? i am waiting to see how this derby turns out and if these two shirts dont make it to print i think ill bee calling it quits.

this should be in first place not 4th http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=33665

and this should be in second not 5th
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=33659


these two are the best out of the top 5 and they are at the back B^( i just don't get it...

midga59


quality posts: 0 Private Messages midga59

Y'all misspelled "Mitch."

will-and-mary


quality posts: 0 Private Messages will-and-mary

Woot staff,

I would not sell anything like this again because it will turn off people from buying shirts from your website and others that associate with you.

As for me, I have bought many shirts. However, in light of this tasteless "art", my money will go elsewhere.

Thank you.

Will-and-Mary

jakewalczak


quality posts: 8 Private Messages jakewalczak

Hey! Ape Lad! These shirts blow. Could we at least get one decent one? PLEASE?

professore


quality posts: 3 Private Messages professore
frereleo wrote:This almost on the verge of being funny for me except for the fact that it's a bit tasteless.



septober wrote:I don't like it. Organ rejection is serious, and nothing to poke fun at.



will-and-mary wrote:Woot staff,

I would not sell anything like this again because it will turn off people from buying shirts from your website and others that associate with you.

As for me, I have bought many shirts. However, in light of this tasteless "art", my money will go elsewhere.

Thank you.

Will-and-Mary



As stated previously, I am a recipient of transplanted organs . 2 of them. I have had rejection episodes. 2 of them. I know others who have had organ transplants. A crapload more than 2 of them. The thing that keeps us alive is taking the whole process seriously. The thing that keeps us sane is being able to laugh about it.

If you find it offensive, you don't have to buy it. If you see someone on the street wearing it, you don't have to stare at it. If people stop patronizing shirt.woot! because of one design, shirt.woot! does not need them as customers. Sometimes I feel as if some people just go around looking for reasons to be offended. I'd be willing to bet that your local transplant recipient will not be among them...

As also previously stated, I find this mildly humorous, but I would really prefer something along the lines of Buy My Zine.

That is all.



*not a real professor...

paulcutrona


quality posts: 1 Private Messages paulcutrona
professore wrote:As stated previously, I am a recipient of transplanted organs . 2 of them. I have had rejection episodes. 2 of them. I know others who have had organ transplants. A crapload more than 2 of them. The thing that keeps us alive is taking the whole process seriously. The thing that keeps us sane is being able to laugh about it.

If you find it offensive, you don't have to buy it. If you see someone on the street wearing it, you don't have to stare at it. If people stop patronizing shirt.woot! because of one design, shirt.woot! does not need them as customers. Sometimes I feel as if some people just go around looking for reasons to be offended. I'd be willing to bet that your local transplant recipient will not be among them...

As also previously stated, I find this mildly humorous, but I would really prefer something along the lines of Buy My Zine.

That is all.



I dont think it's that its offensive, and surely not because of the transplant thing. I am quite sure it is mostly that it's just.. bad. I would hazard a guess that the majority of wooters are intelligent adults - that cleverness, relevance and artistic design reigns over simple childlike silliness - that may even be somewhat embarrasing for an adult to wear. Again as yesterday, I say bunny wabbits, picachus and balloon-dinosaurs and napkin-doodle-art are just getting old. I think it has more to do with that than the transplant issue. Wouldn't have been cuter if the picture were of someone throwing a hammond b3 out a window... although it would have been more clever, and I might have bought three.

mangesk


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mangesk
eHalcyon wrote:Are you sure you are not thinking about Yu Wan Mei fish products? They are excellent for a harmonious living.



as for the video on this site the last 5 seconds could offend those who cared about such things.. I found it funny. Chinese flag merging over the top of the USA flag showing their obvious perspective of superiority.

Also the White thing although is the shape of a kidney is only 1 and the "Don’t wear this shirt: if you’re a kidney fan. We don’t know why Micth left them out. We’re sure it was just an oversight" comment would indicate that it is not.. or it is just a joke about the drawing as another suggested...

I want my vote to be it being the ghost but that is impossible. ::sigh::

Mitch.. tell us or we'll use the anti Indiana Governor slogan on you...

professore


quality posts: 3 Private Messages professore
paulcutrona wrote:I dont think it's that its offensive, and surely not because of the transplant thing. I am quite sure it is mostly that it's just.. bad. I would hazard a guess that the majority of wooters are intelligent adults - that cleverness, relevance and artistic design reigns over simple childlike silliness - that may even be somewhat embarrasing for an adult to wear. Again as yesterday, I say bunny wabbits, picachus and balloon-dinosaurs and napkin-doodle-art are just getting old. I think it has more to do with that than the transplant issue. Wouldn't have been cuter if the picture were of someone throwing a hammond b3 out a window... although it would have been more clever, and I might have bought three.



I was really just addressing the three people I quoted, who seemed to think it was "tasteless" and "nothing to joke about". I do agree that a B3 would be more clever and more appealing, and my account would be $10 lighter.

*not a real professor...

CaptPickles


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CaptPickles

Working in the medical field this shirt is so wrong but so funny..... Order 3

kaykay790


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaykay790
BoredStiff wrote:For those of us who prefer to live a natural lifestyle, I assume this shirt is certified organ-ic?




LMAO!!!

heyricochet


quality posts: 1 Private Messages heyricochet

Man, this shirt is as depressing as the Kiwi crying over the cut kiwi. Hope my roommate doesn't buy this one too just to make me wicked sad every time I see it.

IamIreland


quality posts: 1 Private Messages IamIreland
xxchange wrote:Those are the most stupid lungs I have ever seen. Don't they know that they can't function without the heart? Surely they must have gone to SOME kind of school.



FALSE: http://open.salon.com/blog/donontario/2009/04/17/wonders_of_socialized_medicine_lungs_alive_outside_body

tulsatrey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tulsatrey

Dude, my mom was killed by an organ rejection. Not cool, not a funny shirt.




Just kidding.

My mom was hit by a truck.

tulsatrey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tulsatrey

(in for one!)

sultana2782


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sultana2782
Trendkill7577 wrote:Whats that white thing supposed to be?



I'm pretty sure that's a kidney, but why only one?

imaketracks


quality posts: 0 Private Messages imaketracks

Great concept. Funnier perhaps had the heart had a moustache? Yes or No?

wonderturtle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wonderturtle
Trendkill7577 wrote:Whats that white thing supposed to be?



Maybe a white blood cell?