binkdrop

quality posts: 8 Private Messages binkdrop
dangerhaus wrote:[quote postid="3361578" user="hell0jed"]... them spaces where no spaces should be ...

You're a writer....really? :p

lwitthoft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lwitthoft

i would LOVE to see that flying purple people eater come back.

dangerhaus

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dangerhaus
binkdrop wrote:You're a writer....really? :p

oops!

i meant:

them spaces where no spaces should oughtta be...

or i could use "orta" to really convey the sound i have in mind.

btw see back there where i said "so there"? it's a clue, that the writing tone is less than solemn; and that from time to time i leave my grammer behind, alone in the garden with the pen of my aunt. rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

(now there's a real oops: i fell asleep on the pirate button.)

the ha is silent - i'm laughing on the inside

krisrobinson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krisrobinson
rglee129 wrote:I've got two designs that I liked, but I think may have slipped through the cracks first time around. (Or maybe they just ain't derby-winning material!) Please wish them luck in round 2:

and

I really really like these except the creme shirts... but that's not your fault.

stargirl6878

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stargirl6878
mrwednesday wrote:On woot or ramy? They've both worked very hard to create their reputations so why dance around the issue?

ok obviously im not in the loop when it comes to the ramyb hating...

why does everyone here bash him so much...what evil atrocity did he commit?

stargirl6878

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stargirl6878
artulo wrote:

will buy if it prints...

imsochady

quality posts: 26 Private Messages imsochady
binkdrop wrote:You're a writer....really? :p

Hahaha...career change?

Feeferscat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Feeferscat

Me find mistake?

*Designs can use only three ink colors: black, Shirt.Woot blue, and Shirt.Woot yellow.

"The exclamation point must be white"

Uh oh. I can only use three ink colors, black, Shirt.Woot Blue and Shirt.Woot yellow.

I'm pretty sure I can't mix them in any way to make white

Signatures? I don't believe in them...

dankstick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dankstick
Feeferscat wrote:Me find mistake?

*Designs can use only three ink colors: black, Shirt.Woot blue, and Shirt.Woot yellow.

"The exclamation point must be white"

Uh oh. I can only use three ink colors, black, Shirt.Woot Blue and Shirt.Woot yellow.

I'm pretty sure I can't mix them in any way to make white

The bag is white.

bennydougs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bennydougs

woooo! I have something in the double take!

Feeferscat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Feeferscat
dankstick wrote:The bag is white.

Perfect

Yeah the .psd file is pretty easy to understand.

Signatures? I don't believe in them...

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
sugareeali wrote:The genie shirt is beautiful. What Derby is that from?

Thanks. That was in the Pressure derby.

xtinaftw

quality posts: 21 Private Messages xtinaftw
gr3ygoos3 wrote:This is completly off topic, but I have sent numerous times asking If they would ever consider using longsleeve shirts for people living in the colder climates in the winter..... It also will open up a HUGE oppurtunity to designers to use the sleeves in their shirts. I'm sure American Apparel has the correct shirt.woot colors to acomadate the long sleeve idea. If anyone agrees with me either send me a messge or just reply here.

Thanks.

Brandon

When it's cold and I want to wear a cool t-shirt, I perform a magikal trick and wear a long sleeve shirt..... UNDER my t-shirt! Ta-dah!

This makes your t-shirts more versatile, showing off your good taste no matter the weather. Also, it makes your long sleeve shirts more versatile, especially the ugly ones that you don't want anyone to see the design of anyways. Win-win.

splicitysplat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages splicitysplat
bennydougs wrote:woooo! I have something in the double take!

This was awesome and I would definitely buy one. I was really disappointed when it didn't print.

Did I really just buy something?

artulo

Interesting facts:

In Double-Take Derby 5, nine out of the top ten entries finished in the top ten of their original derbies.

In Double-Take Derby 4, all of the entries in the top ten finished in the top ten of their original derbies.

I haven't taken the time to comb through the others.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
artulo wrote:Interesting facts:

In Double-Take Derby 5, nine out of the top ten entries finished in the top ten of their original derbies.

In Double-Take Derby 4, all of the entries in the top ten finished in the top ten of their original derbies.

That's an interesting stat (and bad news for me). I wonder if there's any pattern to finishing place and what gets picked for the Editor's Choice selections...?

Thaleia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thaleia

well, I for one really like the concept of a double take derby. First of all, who ever picks the HM's and I have really similar taste in t-shirts (actually, this may be a problem because I want like, 10 or so of these shirts). Secondly, I think it's good to see some of the better liked designs in a contest free of a theme. I've almost bought several shirts and then thought --wait, I'm never actually going to wear this. The designer was very clever with the theme, but no one else will get it. This time, people are goign to vote for shirts because they're awesome shirts (hopefully) and not because they're theme based

artulo

rglee129 wrote:That's an interesting stat (and bad news for me). I wonder if there's any pattern to finishing place and what gets picked for the Editor's Choice selections...?

I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to Do-Over placement versus Editor's Choice selections. It's just what they like best! I have a good feeling about your John Henry design, though.

Also, since the next derby is all about packaging and not shirts, perhaps we'll get seven straight EC's since they won't have derby shirts to sell...

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13

hopefully i didn't miss a post because i read all 5 pages, but has anything been confirmed yet as to what will be sold during the weekend of the bag derby?

Happy Beer.

jabberjaws13

also, will someone refresh my memory....what was derby 93? why is it not being double-take-d? was it a double take itself?

also, is there a page that has every derby theme listed?

edit: nevermind i just found the list in the community. i'm dum.....b.

Happy Beer.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
jabberjaws13 wrote:hopefully i didn't miss a post because i read all 5 pages, but has anything been confirmed yet as to what will be sold during the weekend of the bag derby?

Nope. Woot's sneaky...they probably won't even tell us. We'll just have to find out when it happens.
If they do say anything, I would suspect it would be next Thursday, when they "officially" announce the bag derby.

(I dare Woot to make a liar out of me and say something sooner! :-P )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

SailorButterfly

jabberjaws13 wrote:also, will someone refresh my memory....what was derby 93? why is it not being double-take-d? was it a double take itself?

also, is there a page that has every derby theme listed?

http://shirtwhat.com/archive_d.php

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jabberjaws13

SailorButterfly wrote:http://shirtwhat.com/archive_d.php

thank you! you rock! the list i found was under community and then derbies, but it was all out of order. your's is waaaaaay better. thanks again.

Happy Beer.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian

So, if my designs are included in this derby, what is the additional period that I cannot use them elsewhere?

xtinaftw

quality posts: 21 Private Messages xtinaftw
Radscoolian wrote:So, if my designs are included in this derby, what is the additional period that I cannot use them elsewhere?

I suppose I would guess that it would be another 60? Especially if they are using it as a pool to snatch more ECs from.

jabberjaws13

Radscoolian wrote:So, if my designs are included in this derby, what is the additional period that I cannot use them elsewhere?

check out shirtwhat.com

it seems to have answers for everything.

Happy Beer.

Icemank91

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Icemank91

Looks like some good entries for the double take! =) I might be purchasing more shirts this week... :p

Good thing my birthday's the 6th, I need some funds!

MiracleMax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MiracleMax
Icemank91 wrote:I predict a lot of...

"I Want One!" logos.

Or rather "I Got One!"

jabberjaws13

Icemank91 wrote:Looks like some good entries for the double take! =) I might be purchasing more shirts this week... :p

Good thing my birthday's the 6th, I need some funds!

that means you were probably a thanksgiving decision. i was drunken xmas party.

Happy Beer.

SailorButterfly

I'm pretty sure no additional time is added.
If you're not printed after the Double Take derby, you get your rights to your designs back once their original 60 days are up.

RandomHandle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RandomHandle

I would love to see something like this...

(do not know who drew it, but it was posted here)

Edit: Although, that may go against the normal derby rule of no woot references.

binkdrop

quality posts: 8 Private Messages binkdrop

Do we have to personally re-enter our HMs into this derby or is that all an automatic thing on Woot's end? I guess I figured it would be an automatic thing to avoid entries that weren't HMs, but I've never been a part of these before so I thought I'd ask.

SailorButterfly

binkdrop wrote:Do we have to personally re-enter our HMs into this derby or is that all an automatic thing on Woot's end? I guess I figured it would be an automatic thing to avoid entries that weren't HMs, but I've never been a part of these before so I thought I'd ask.

It's automatic.

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian

From the woot terms:

1. Consideration of Artwork. Artist grants Woot a 60-day exclusive right to review and consider the Artwork. During this 60-day period, Artist shall not use the Artwork in any manner or submit the Artwork to anyone else to be used in any manner. All materials sent to Woot will be treated as non-proprietary and non-confidential. Because Woot receives many submissions, Woot cannot be held liable if it reproduces or commissions artwork similar to yours but which has come from another source.

2. Extension of Consideration Period for Best of Derby. If Woot nominates the Artwork for participation in a Best of Derby through (i) email notification to Artist; or (ii) naming the Artwork an Honorable Mention entry in a published blog post, and Artist consents to such participation, Artist grants Woot a 180-day exclusive right to review and consider the Artwork. During this 180-day period, Artist shall not use the Artwork in any manner or submit the Artwork to anyone else to be used in any manner. Artist may accept or decline participation by sending notice to shirt@woot.com within ten (10) business days of Woot’s email notification of nomination or publication of the Honorable Mention blog post naming the Artwork as an Honorable Mention. Artist grants Woot Artist’s consent to participate in the Best of Derby for which the Artwork is nominated if Artist does not provide notice to Woot within ten (10) business days that Artist declines participation.

I believe Woot holds the rights for 180 days after your ORIGINAL submission, unless you pull it within ten days after it HMs.

SpastasticNomadic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpastasticNomadic
artulo wrote:Interesting facts:

Interesting.

Another fact is that I recall having counted 35 designs in the last Double-Take Derby that I wanted, and not a one of them printed. Hopefully I have better luck this time. :/

sailormoontsu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailormoontsu

My entries are in my sig if you'd so choose to vote for them.

Blog Vote! Visit my Spreadshirt Shop.

knoxn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knoxn

scaffolding...

it looks like this will be one of those derbies where I buy every shirt that prints...

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Hmmm I remember the last double take derby the entries rotated everytime I refreshed the page, or opened it. Now it seems stuck on the same 4 entries at the top, even if I refresh, open it somewhere else.... same 4 designs at the top (default setting).
Is that happening to anyone else?

Edit: Ok, I see it's actually in the order of the derbies. But doesn't that mean the 4 tattoo derbies get the most exposure, since they are default on the top? I don't remember that happening last time.

SailorButterfly

jasneko wrote:Hmmm I remember the last double take derby the entries rotated everytime I refreshed the page, or opened it. Now it seems stuck on the same 4 entries at the top, even if I refresh, open it somewhere else.... same 4 designs at the top (default setting).
Is that happening to anyone else?

Edit: Ok, I see it's actually in the order of the derbies. But doesn't that mean the 4 tattoo derbies get the most exposure, since they are default on the top? I don't remember that happening last time.

It's different for me every time I go to the page.
Trying sorting by votes and then by date again.
Maybe your browser is caching the page or something.

tabrazinski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski

i just voted for 13 shirts. sometimes i surprise myself.