sailormoontsu


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailormoontsu
Re: Aerial Wonder



Thanks for the support! I sure would love this to be an EC. ;)

Blog Vote! Visit my Spreadshirt Shop.

namshub1337


quality posts: 0 Private Messages namshub1337
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2



Will buy if printed!

xellioth


quality posts: 0 Private Messages xellioth
Re: I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.



This shirt is insane. It better win!! I wanttttt. It's like sex in my pants.

imsochady


quality posts: 24 Private Messages imsochady
Re: Aerial Wonder



Gorgeous my friend!

MisterBones


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MisterBones

on the off chance that this shirt doesn't win, is there anywhere else I can buy one?

icymallard


quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: Air



of COURSE, this shirt has my vote.

edgar makes derbies 4x better

dpbowl842


quality posts: 10 Private Messages dpbowl842
Re: I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.



LOVE this shirt. Thank woot for double take derbies. It's shirts like this that were submitted to late to make the fog that really deserve the double take derbies. I can't wait to purchase mine on Thursday night.

IncurableHumanist


quality posts: 0 Private Messages IncurableHumanist
Re: Air



haha, i remember when this was bumped out of the fog the first time, i went completely nuts and wrote a curse filled rant. it was almost unintelligible once it went through the woot editor.

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Origin of the Species

Again, very unique and interesting design... great job with the depth.


omnitarian


quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian
xxchange wrote:Thanks so much. Here I was hoping somebody might explain it for me, but... I guess not.

Happy to have given you something about which to complain, however.



Haha!

I guess there's a subtext about family, social networking, 6 degrees of separation, etc etc, but that's only if you really want to go 'art critic' on it. I don't really intend for anyone to read into the subtext, much less "require" it for understanding the shirt.

Basically it's just meant to be a stylish, whimsical, fun-looking shirt design.

Jasneko: No I do not, I just enjoy drawing bowties. I keep a list of every bowtie I draw, actually. I don't intend to draw that many, it just... happens.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
dmkooo wrote:hmmm..maybe I do like the dimmer version a bit better. The brighter version shows how dusk can make landscape colors surreal, but the subdued one is easier on the eyes and more peaceful.



I have to agree with you, I do think the dimmer version is a bit better. I want to be clear, though, there is only one version. I'm reasonably certain that the printed design, if there ever is one, will actually look like the brighter view (which I also like a lot!)- I think there is an artifact in the way that Corel Draw saves jpgs or pngs to make them a little bit transparent, when your original has a lot of small objects.

and thanks for the votes, everyone. This design is quietly climbing, far above where I ever thought it could go. :^)

Deflit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deflit
arwerther wrote:Am I the only one who does not get the appeal of Edgar shirts? Of course, the water color technique in this won is done really well, but the style of the drawing is just strange. Oh well, to each their own.




No you're not the only one. =D

I don't like any of edgars shirts i've seen ever since september that I could remember off the top of my head. This is the only one I like. His style is so creepy haha.

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
monkeyswag wrote:I've actually thought about this design since last seeing it. Kindofweirdofmemaybe. Either way. very nice. gmv.



LOL you know, I've heard that a couple times now about this (both in PM's as well as your comment here). I'm glad you like it and voted :D

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
noisdois wrote:Way awesome. I don't remember, was this supposed to be referencing DDR?



I believe you are correct, sir.

imsochady


quality posts: 24 Private Messages imsochady

imsochady


quality posts: 24 Private Messages imsochady
Re: BearBQ



Sweet! Not sure why, but at first at I thought this was done by one of them "k" people like kdubbs, kdeuce, or kkeykay. wut?!?! Great work!

sakleehop


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakleehop
endangeredomega wrote:For my personal tastes only, some of Edgar's designs are hit-or-miss. There have been a few that I just don't 'get' the widespread appeal of (ie: Fiction vs. Non-Fiction), but I absolutely *love* some of his not-quite-creepy, vaguely-twisted, almost-tragic-yet-undeniably-charming pieces.

Some of my all-time Edgar favourites include "Play musics for my eeears dum dum dum dum dum ", "Inspired By Gravity's Rainbow", "I'll be there Tomorrow", and my all-time absolute number one *favourite* design, "my pet deer".

Unfortunately, I'm usually in the minority, and the Edgar designs I like best never see print.



Hello. I too loved Play musics for my eeaars dum dum dum dum and wanted that shirt badly. Of course it was overlooked in the Music derby and the following double take derby. I wished Edgar would have it printed elsewhere but alas, he has not chosen to do so, yet. Perhaps he will - if you read this post Edgar, please have it printed and let us know where and when. Thanks.

nfrsbmschmck


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nfrsbmschmck


please win this time. I want it.

pumbaa57


quality posts: 5 Private Messages pumbaa57
Re: Call me, Ishmael



If this doesn't print here, and you take it somewhere else to print it, would you please pm me? I will mos defnatly buy it.

there's nothing douchier than a signature that lists all the junk you've bought. NOBODY CARES.

pumbaa57


quality posts: 5 Private Messages pumbaa57
Re: Flight of the Tusk Fairy



This is far and away my favorite design I think I've ever seen submitted to shirt.woot. If this ends up printing somewhere else, please please please let me know, and I will buy it, along with backups for when the first one wears out!

there's nothing douchier than a signature that lists all the junk you've bought. NOBODY CARES.

mikenytola


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
dmkooo wrote:I wish the artists would include the number and name of the original derby to which their work was submitted. In parentheses after the title would be perfect!



It was derby #96 Dance.


MrMalletman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrMalletman
Re: Some BBQ



Must... have... this... shirt...

This may be the only shirt to miss out on printing for which I've actually waited eagerly for the second take.

It's just too fun twisting a childhood story into something rather morbid. Kind of like the original versions of fairy tales, pre-Disney.

SirGecko


quality posts: 1 Private Messages SirGecko
Re: Magnified Rays


I love this one. I hope it wins.

thatrobert


quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
pumbaa57 wrote:This is far and away my favorite design I think I've ever seen submitted to shirt.woot. If this ends up printing somewhere else, please please please let me know, and I will buy it, along with backups for when the first one wears out!



Wow, that's a pretty ringing endorsement. I'll see about putting it up at Cameesa then...

purplecrocus83


quality posts: 0 Private Messages purplecrocus83
Re: BearBQ



I hope this continues the climb, this is my favorite BBQ design. Keep voting ppl. It has my vote again.

If this doesn't print here will you be putting it up somewhere else?

Wistera


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wistera

I needed this last time, and I still need it.

If this doesn't print this time, PLEASE move it to a different site... zoology students like myself would rejoice everywhere.

MarianDallas


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MarianDallas
softballgraham wrote:This is such a great shirt. I am a teacher and new to your site. Can I ever get this shirt or is it too late?



The answer is, we're voting right now to see which designs will print. If this shirt makes it into the top three, then you can buy it next weekend. If not... I don't know...

pumbaa57


quality posts: 5 Private Messages pumbaa57
thatrobert wrote:Wow, that's a pretty ringing endorsement. I'll see about putting it up at Cameesa then...



Awesome, let me know if that happens.

Also, may I have your permission to use this as my superhero logo when I decide to start saving the world from criminals and nare-do-wells?

there's nothing douchier than a signature that lists all the junk you've bought. NOBODY CARES.

pumbaa57


quality posts: 5 Private Messages pumbaa57
Re: Call me, Ishmael



Alright, here's the deal: I will give each person that votes for this one U.S. dollar.* This shirt is too clever to not print!










[* - Not actually true]

there's nothing douchier than a signature that lists all the junk you've bought. NOBODY CARES.

amesj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amesj
Re: A Heavy Situation!



This is a great design, I'm just sorry it isn't getting more votes.

kungvoodoo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kungvoodoo
Re: increased pressure



I really wish the rest of the Woot community wanted this shirt as badly as I do. I love it. Here's to hoping for a sudden tsunami of votes.

EinnaFK


quality posts: 8 Private Messages EinnaFK
Re: May i?



I like the idea that they are both boys. :D That's why I'm voting for it.

KevinMCombes


quality posts: 14 Private Messages KevinMCombes

God, this shirt has been screwed in so many ways. First there was the debacle with the shirt being "not on a woot shirt color", and it just barely missed printing with a resub that had very little time to be voted for. To top that off, this derby actually took place BEFORE the last double-take, so this shirt has waited the LONGEST, giving us so much time to forget the injustice. I've been waiting so long to vote again for this shirt, and it's the only one I'm voting for this derby.

invisiblecrazy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages invisiblecrazy
HotSoup19 wrote:Really cool drawing, but I can't vote for it, I'd like to have sex one day




I thought for sure this was a funky woot filter I hadn't seen yet, heh!


Sarcasm makes the person who uses it look ugly.
Hyperbole makes the person who uses it look taller.

bl4ckl4beled


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bl4ckl4beled

the derby after next should be Derby #108: shirts with an actual sense of style and ability to wear in other places then your basement.

so many shirts got a second chance back just to be out-fogged by returning tasteless garbage.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
binkdrop wrote:You're so argumentative.

So, to clear things up, the first part about the man crush was a joke, which I'm glad to see you got. The second part too was poking fun at you rather than a full blown accusation, hence the ":O" face, but I'll go ahead and change that now to just "you're a hypocrite".

I just found it strange that after campaigning for so long about quality art, you took a liking to Edgar's style. I'm not saying he can't produce quality work, I was just saying that of all the people you choose to openly and fervently endorse, it struck me as odd that he would be the one.

The man-crush part was because your explanation of why you like his work didn't completely make sense to me. It just sounded like you are one of those people that thinks the crack addict on the street corner, spouting out warnings of the impending apocalypse, is "insightful", because he's saying something that no one else is, and is therefore "thinking outside the box".

As to your comment earlier, "Many other designers bring the same nonsense every week, so that even when they step out of the box (not that they do often, or go very far out), it seems generic and uninteresting..."

It probably seems generic and uninteresting to you because you don't give people a chance. You seem to think the worst of everyone right off the bat, especially if they're not within your little following of cult members you seem to have attached yourself to here on Woot.

I won't step down and stop challenging you and your thoughts just because you've been on this site a long time like some people do. I won't stop questioning you just because you're snarky and a jerk, and I won't stop pointing out when I think you're being a hypocrite.

I will, however, avoid having long and drawn out conversations with you about nothing; so unless you bring up a particularly interesting point that I think needs addressing, I'm pretty much done with this conversation here. We don't need to fill up this forum with stupid. (Yes, I did just use stupid as a noun.)

But go ahead, Adder. Bring it on, and be a jerk to me. It won't phase me, because I'm totally out to get you now. >:D

^ See that very last part was a joke. Maybe.



I believe you will find that a vast majority of people most apt to post a well thought out and cogent commentary on anything in the derby will also be staunch Edgar supporters. Often moreso than I. Also, most of the best designers at this site are in his corner. Why? Because he has a gift for creativity. He's not the raving loony on the street, as you so ineloquently put it, but he's able to channel things from some wonderfully offbeat places. He has a charm that few artists, especially at woot, can muster, a distinctive style, and is able to make designs that are absolutely touching, whimsically imaginative, or totally out there. So somehow, I am being a hypocrite because I praise the most creative regular entrant in the derby. And I really don't think that title is much of a hyperbole.

But don't worry. Edgar never wins, because people would MUCH rather have something blitheringly and blisteringly simple and generic on a tee. So you really don't have to understand. And you certainly don't have to frame your argument in terms that explain anything.

thatrobert


quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
pumbaa57 wrote:Awesome, let me know if that happens.

Also, may I have your permission to use this as my superhero logo when I decide to start saving the world from criminals and nare-do-wells?



Sure. Anything to help truth and justice.

dangerousbeans


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dangerousbeans
anatwork wrote:Hahaha -- I actually voted thinking Discworld before seeing your comment. It's brilliant! :D



So was I! Well done, especially the turtle's expression (does anybody really know if the great A'Tuin grins?)

MorgenW


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MorgenW
Re: Some BBQ



This had better make it this time. I really wanted this one for myself and my father. This would make an awesome birthday present for him the bbq junkie.

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
imsochady wrote:And also, dancing is a traditional way in unlocking a woman's heart. Too bad I never had a set of the dancing keys. I guess I lucked out, or should I say locked out? Mwahahahahaha *sigh*


You can still get dancing keys - take some lessons or join a group... good way to meet ladies, or at least get some skills;) In college the ballroom club meetings were 25 females to 1 males...the guys became studs! And that's how one guy wooed one of my friends... and they're still together: )

Cute design tgentry... I probably said that about this design the first time round as well!