thatrobert

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Calling John Henry!

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • Does anybody want a peanut?

thatrobert

Re: a book is not just a book

• This is not SPAM.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.

thatrobert

Re: May i?

• This is not SPAM.

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
FunOnTheBun wrote:I really wish this would print... If you put it up on cafepress or anywhere after this derby I would be glad to purchase. Let me know ;).

If I got an EC on this, I'd be ecstatic, but I figure that won't be the case. I'm debating between putting it up at my shop or putting it up at Mysoti instead. Who knows, maybe I can get one of the shirt-a-day sites to pick it up. Thank you for the support in any case, Bun

thatrobert

Re: Rain Dancer

• This is not SPAM.

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
Weredawg wrote:I love this shirt but I'm disappointed that it's only in 12th place. Not much hope for this one now. Makes me :/

Me too. If it doess't win and you decide to print it somewhere else, PLEASE let us know! I love this so much.

megscott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megscott
kylemittskus wrote:Add me to the list.

mmm, me too!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
KIDA26 wrote:And that makes this shirt wearable? I don't even know what a blue footed boobie is... I am just dumbfounded by the popularity of this. To each his/her own though I suppose. It looks as though this is a lock to get printed. It's been in the fog since day 1.

Knowledge is easy to come by.

I haven't voted for it and I don't plan on buying it, but I can easily see why it's popular. The art is well done, the idea is both cute and comedic, the design has an interesting layout, and a nice colour palette has been chosen to complement a popular shirt colour. I suppose it's less appealing if you don't know much about the birds (and can't be bothered to spend a few minutes on Google or Wikipedia), but votes suggest that quite a few people understand.

You're wrong about the last point. It hasn't been in the fog since day 1. It may have been jumping in and out over the last few days though. Currently it is probably in fourth place; it's only been in the fog for the last 4 hours. "What's Under the Bed" has been fogged for about a day and the other two have been fogged since Friday. Looks like this one is at the bottom of the fog.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

fullmeltbubble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fullmeltbubble

RandyMillerIII

quality posts: 3 Private Messages RandyMillerIII

Monster's face looks just like Krang.

Maybe not enough to be considered a rip-off, but still...

rglee129

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Float On

Great design with a high coolness factor. I like it!

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26
eHalcyon wrote:Knowledge is easy to come by.

I haven't voted for it and I don't plan on buying it, but I can easily see why it's popular. The art is well done, the idea is both cute and comedic, the design has an interesting layout, and a nice colour palette has been chosen to complement a popular shirt colour. I suppose it's less appealing if you don't know much about the birds (and can't be bothered to spend a few minutes on Google or Wikipedia), but votes suggest that quite a few people understand.

You're wrong about the last point. It hasn't been in the fog since day 1. It may have been jumping in and out over the last few days though. Currently it is probably in fourth place; it's only been in the fog for the last 4 hours. "What's Under the Bed" has been fogged for about a day and the other two have been fogged since Friday. Looks like this one is at the bottom of the fog.

Edit: Just noticed the name of the shirt (/facepalm).. so my first point was invalid (omitted)... but the rest of my statement stands.

Are there really that many people out there that will see this shirt and instantly "get it"? I doubt it. I also seriously doubt everyone that has voted for this shirt knew that it is supposed to be a homage to the bird's mating ritual. I was never rude about the shirt. All I said was that I don't get it, and I don't think it's that wearable. But then again, I didn't think the Cats with Weapons shirt from the Mystery Derby was that wearable either, and then I saw a girl wearing it two nights ago and it looked pretty good. It doesn't change the fact that I wouldn't wear it. Different strokes for different folks. Honestly, there are only two shirts in this Derby that I would wear. Does that mean the other shirts suck? No. It just means I don't find them funny, or it's not a style that I would wear, or that I don't get it. I was never rude like you are being with your insinuation that I am lazy or uneducated because I didn't automatically feel the need to go google search "Blue Footed Boobie Mating Rituals". The fact of the matter is, that this shirt has been in the fog every time I have checked the top vote getters. That is where that last item came from. Now get the eff off my back.

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: Octo System

This is gorgeous. GMV

eHalcyon

KIDA26 wrote:Edit: Just noticed the name of the shirt (/facepalm).. so my first point was invalid (omitted)... but the rest of my statement stands.

Are there really that many people out there that will see this shirt and instantly "get it"? I doubt it. I also seriously doubt everyone that has voted for this shirt knew that it is supposed to be a homage to the bird's mating ritual. I was never rude about the shirt. All I said was that I don't get it, and I don't think it's that wearable. But then again, I didn't think the Cats with Weapons shirt from the Mystery Derby was that wearable either, and then I saw a girl wearing it two nights ago and it looked pretty good. It doesn't change the fact that I wouldn't wear it. Different strokes for different folks. Honestly, there are only two shirts in this Derby that I would wear. Does that mean the other shirts suck? No. It just means I don't find them funny, or it's not a style that I would wear, or that I don't get it. I was never rude like you are being with your insinuation that I am lazy or uneducated because I didn't automatically feel the need to go google search "Blue Footed Boobie Mating Rituals". The fact of the matter is, that this shirt has been in the fog every time I have checked the top vote getters. That is where that last item came from. Now get the eff off my back.

Wow, sorry Kida. I wasn't trying to be rude. I should have reread that parenthetical remark and phrased myself better. And I guess it couldn't have been helped if you didn't notice the shirt title earlier. I don't think the rest of my post had any rudeness to it, but that's just me. The latter part about fog stats was just for your information, nothing more. If you're curious, you can check out Shirt Derby Stats for more information. You can navigate to "Current Derby" and then "Top Ten" to see vote estimates and fog times.

Again, my apologies for the misunderstanding.

KIDA26

eHalcyon wrote:Wow, sorry Kida. I wasn't trying to be rude. I should have reread that parenthetical remark and phrased myself better. And I guess it couldn't have been helped if you didn't notice the shirt title earlier. I don't think the rest of my post had any rudeness to it, but that's just me. The latter part about fog stats was just for your information, nothing more. If you're curious, you can check out Shirt Derby Stats for more information. You can navigate to "Current Derby" and then "Top Ten" to see vote estimates and fog times.

Again, my apologies for the misunderstanding.

Sorry, it's been one of those days. I didn't mean to jump all over you like that. It's just hard to decipher tone over the interwebs :P.

flusi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flusi
GTAcrimelord wrote:What do you not get? The shirt is putting a hilarious; albeit, morbid twist on an extremely popular children's novel.

Ok - then maybe I don't get right that! *g*

I'm from Germany and maybe the "extremely popular children's novel" isn't THAT popular over here!

That's why I asked! ;-)

Raikus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raikus
Re: Rain Dancer

This is my favorite shirt of the derby. Such a different and interesting shirt from what we normally see at Woot. I can't think of a higher compliment to give than that.

Raikus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raikus
Re: People of the Sun (final)

I'm hoping for an Editor's Choice on this one. I love the colors and the style. One of my two favorite shirts in the derby and they both have to deal with dudes dressing up as birds. I may have to save the rest of this post for my therapist.

jaratskiii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaratskiii
Re: Blue Macaw

is this shirt black or dark blue....??

buriedwreckage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buriedwreckage
Re: MoviEclipse

I'm really surprised and disappointed this one isn't doing better.

flusi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flusi

SO - what's the name of the story? *g*

smithsonia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia
Re: Aerial Wonder

1. is this on black or navy?
2. what is EC?
3. I really hope this gets printed. Good luck!

buriedwreckage

Re: A Mysterious Conspiracy

I still just love this one. I was so disappointed when it didn't win the first time around. It really should have more votes imho.

KIDA26

flusi wrote:SO - what's the name of the story? *g*

Charlotte's Web.

KIDA26

smithsonia wrote:1. is this on black or navy?
2. what is EC?

Looks like Navy to me. EC is "Editor's Choice"

buriedwreckage

Re: What's Really Out There

I find this shirt very visually pleasing and was so hoping it would fog this time around.

bigglet1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigglet1
flusi wrote:SO - what's the name of the story? *g*

Charlotte's Web. Also an animated movie. It teaches kids a great lesson about becoming real close to a friend only to have that friend die tragically.

eHalcyon

bigglet1 wrote:Charlotte's Web. Also an animated movie. It teaches kids a great lesson about becoming real close to a friend only to have that friend die tragically.

After giving birth to hundreds of babies, if I remember correctly. Story of my life.

Well, not really.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
eHalcyon wrote:After giving birth to hundreds of babies, if I remember correctly. Story of my life.

Well, not really.

I bet it is, seaHorsyon

Elfeyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Elfeyes
Re: A Mysterious Conspiracy

Love the design!

~

WeezTheJuice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WeezTheJuice
Re: Air

I hope this gets printed, not only for the fact that it is darn good, but I just need to see how this is going to print with halftones. If this doesn't make it as an editor's choice, I'd say them not wanting to attempt to print it would be the biggest reason.

jazzagogo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jazzagogo

This is soooo adorable. I would love this on a shirt. :3

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
KIDA26 wrote:Edit: Just noticed the name of the shirt (/facepalm).. so my first point was invalid (omitted)... but the rest of my statement stands.

Not to get on your back, KID, but I thought I'd pass on one of the many reasons why someone [not YOU - I know you wouldn't wear it] would wear this. I teach 9th grade science to the LEAST curious 9th graders at our high school. The shirts are a way of getting them to ask a question - ANY question - when I wear them. They'll get the general theme [a LOVE dance - 9th graders think they know a lot about love] even if they don't get the BFB part. It'll also give me an excuse to use the word BOOBIE in class. No Child Left Standing and Standards do not preclude using double entendres to get a kids attention

sailormoontsu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailormoontsu
smithsonia wrote:1. is this on black or navy?
2. what is EC?

Yes, it is on navy.

An editor's choice is something all artists not in the top 3 pray for after a do-over derby. lol The editor's choose their favorites to print in the days following the top 3 prints.

Blog Vote! Visit my Spreadshirt Shop.

ya2sabes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ya2sabes
Re: I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

People should stop hating. Helpful criticism is always a plus, everything else is just weak sauce.

I love this design, and how it represents the quote. There's too many woot shirts trying to be funny or cute (even if some of those come from my fav designers). GMV, will be watching to buy this soon.

MrBigglesworthe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrBigglesworthe
re: some band!

This is the one shirt that finally explains everything...

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
RandyMillerIII wrote:Monster's face looks just like Krang.

Seriously? That's leagues from "just like".

Popo108

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Popo108
RandyMillerIII wrote:Monster's face looks just like Krang.

MMMmmm Body is different, Eyes are different, Mouth is different, Skin is different, No nose, I suppose 2 teeth are the same.....

bobichka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bobichka
Re: a book is not just a book

I hereby officially declare that if this doesn't get an Editor's Choice I will not set foot/mouse on shirt.woot for at least a month, likely more. Come on people, make it happen. EC. Please?

elviswind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elviswind
AdderXYU wrote:If you cannot both make money AND have ethics, then you are not worthy of my respect. They should not be mutually exclusive.

All art should be bound by ethics. There is not some moral void that comes up when money is involved.

I completely enjoy your comments . . . every time I come across one, I roll my eyes so far back into my head that I can see my brain . . . it's always a trip! :D