sugareeali

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sugareeali
sailormoontsu wrote:Yes, it is on navy.

An editor's choice is something all artists not in the top 3 pray for after a do-over derby. lol The editor's choose their favorites to print in the days following the top 3 prints.

Ohh wow...that's something to look forward to.

sugareeali

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sugareeali
KIDA26 wrote:Edit: Just noticed the name of the shirt (/facepalm).. so my first point was invalid (omitted)... but the rest of my statement stands.

Are there really that many people out there that will see this shirt and instantly "get it"? I doubt it. I also seriously doubt everyone that has voted for this shirt knew that it is supposed to be a homage to the bird's mating ritual. I was never rude about the shirt. All I said was that I don't get it, and I don't think it's that wearable. But then again, I didn't think the Cats with Weapons shirt from the Mystery Derby was that wearable either, and then I saw a girl wearing it two nights ago and it looked pretty good. It doesn't change the fact that I wouldn't wear it. Different strokes for different folks. Honestly, there are only two shirts in this Derby that I would wear. Does that mean the other shirts suck? No. It just means I don't find them funny, or it's not a style that I would wear, or that I don't get it. I was never rude like you are being with your insinuation that I am lazy or uneducated because I didn't automatically feel the need to go google search "Blue Footed Boobie Mating Rituals". The fact of the matter is, that this shirt has been in the fog every time I have checked the top vote getters. That is where that last item came from. Now get the eff off my back.

I think you took that wayyyyyy too personally. It wasn't aimed at you.

espetrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages espetrell
Re: I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

For some odd reason, this guy reminds me of one of the guys from Lord of the Rings (Boromir in particular). But the wings look more steampunk than Lord of the Rings. GMV, and I might buy it.

purplecrocus83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages purplecrocus83
Re: BearBQ

I'm really sad this didn't make it to the fog, so I hope Woot picks it as a Editor's Choice instead. Its really a great design & it deserves to be printed.

tice42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tice42

This has to win this time. I need this shirt.

wootchawant

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootchawant
Re: Taj Mahal

really beautiful--i look awful in yellow, and i'd still be in for at least one. strong work!

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

smithsonia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia
kinzoku wrote:I wonder what this would look like with metallic ink.

It would look friggin' awesome.
It's still pretty awesome, sans metallic ink, of course.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
sugareeali wrote:I think you took that wayyyyyy too personally. It wasn't aimed at you.

No worries! We've resolved our misunderstandings.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Cthulhu BBQ

Ah... this one.. still makes me smile!

Speaking of...not too long ago I saw a large figurine of Cthulhu in a video game maker friend's office and thought of this shirt. (Side note: They were the creators of the video game Beat.Trip.Beat, which is a cool game on wii ware if you like music games!).

Vote!

Beefcoat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat
jmmbell1987 wrote:Seriously? That's leagues from "just like".

Shredder! I want my new body!!!

KessiTheNinja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KessiTheNinja
kyougoh wrote:I've been buying stuff from here a while now, and this is by far one of the best pieces of art I've seen on this site.

It is *criminal* that this may not fog despite two chances. The majority of Woot voters don't deserve a shirt this good. Drakxxx, you're way too good for their pathetic tastes. You're the King Crimson to the Nsync of ramykyoku.

I'll be livid if this doesn't print, and may just stop buying shirts from here altogether. I know my action makes no difference to the bottom line, but I'm sick of seeing good artwork lose to pandering scaffolding.

I completely agree with you on this!!!! This is absolutly amazing and NEEDS to print!

spartankid125

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spartankid125
KIDA26 wrote:I still don't get this shirt. I couldn't imagine wearing this.

i guess you just have to have a scientist's mind.. cause it totally makes sense. (and i will be really upset if this does not print.. that will be twice now that it should have printed...

cerberez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cerberez
Re: Orbital Rendezvous

HOOOLY scaffolding I MUST HAVE THIS

I have that stamp set from space-race days where one half is apollo and the other half is soyuz and an astronaut is holding hands w/ a cosmonaut.

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
re: whats under the bed?

I love this one...I really hope it gets printed this weekend!

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2

I can't take the drama any longer. I've never seen so much action in the fog. It's in, it's out. Now something else is out, now it's in again...

Checking the derby page every other hour probably doesn't help.

haezoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages haezoo
Re: Birdplanes!

I love this. Let us know if it prints elsewhere, k?

Olympic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Olympic

I've seen a similar design elsewhere

kungvoodoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kungvoodoo
Re: Pressure Points (resub on Navy)

The narwhal with the sad face makes me laugh every time.

AquaSky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AquaSky

I'd absolutely love one of these. <3

m4r333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages m4r333
Re: Blue-Footed Booby Dance of Seduction

This reminds me of Calvin and Hobbes

m4r333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages m4r333
bellarific wrote:Why, it's the mating dance of the Blue-footed bubi! His dancing looks awkward and ridiculous because "bubi" means "stupid fellow" in Spanish! Hooray!

i did not know that ment "stupid fellow" in spanish

pumbaa57

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pumbaa57
Re: Call me, Ishmael

I am still floored that this is not in the fog. If nothing else, it's the best conversation-starting shirt I think I've ever seen in a derby!

there's nothing douchier than a signature that lists all the junk you've bought. NOBODY CARES.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
elviswind wrote:I completely enjoy your comments . . . every time I come across one, I roll my eyes so far back into my head that I can see my brain . . . it's always a trip! :D

must... not... make... obvious... comment...

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: Air

Yes, I am a hardcore diehard Edgar groupie. I want to own every Edgar that is printed. I check every derby hoping to get another Edgar. It looks like it won't happen for this week... again.

Bink--shut up. You spent a lot of time in this thread showing your butt and it is time to move on.

fyredrag0n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyredrag0n
Re: Grace

Love this shirt...wonderfully unique!

ajr1701

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajr1701
Re: increased pressure

I agree with all the above comments about wanting this shirt really bad.

LOVE this shirt! If the shirt doesn't make it on the derby vote, will you be selling it somewhere else?

Let me know and I will definitely BUY it.
My email is ajr1701@gmail.com

ajr1701

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajr1701
Re: Electric Bill and the Charges

LOVE this shirt! If the shirt doesn't make it on the derby vote, will you be selling it somewhere else?

Let me know and I will definitely BUY it.
My email is ajr1701@gmail.com

Adam

lexaverial

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lexaverial
JustJiggles wrote:Greatest shirt ever! If it doesn't print (and it doesn't look like it will), please have this done somewhere else.

Yes. Please please please have this printed elsewhere if it doesn't get printed here. My wife would kill for this shirt.

lonelypond

quality posts: 436 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Whats under the bed?

Oh darn and here I thought I was going to be able to resist all the derby finalists...

narro87

quality posts: 1 Private Messages narro87
Re: I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

This shirt is simply awe-inspiring. The level of detail and the choices of color make this a simply jaw-dropping design. It doesn't have some snide pop-culture reference or light-hearted ironic message, but it doesn't need it--it's stunning regardless. GMV, and hope that, despite the haters, I'll be wearing it soon.

christoburp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christoburp
Re: Some BBQ

This one i will buy

jqwerky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jqwerky

When this is released on a different T-shirt site I will be buying it for sure.

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26
grahamcrackercoyote wrote: It'll also give me an excuse to use the word BOOBIE in class.

This is the best reasoning I have heard so far. :D

offtherecord666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages offtherecord666
Re: Some BBQ

Oh man...I hope this gets chosen...so I can wear it to the vegetarian festival and have lettuce thrown at me. XD

Female brain = Sawdust + Lies.

KIDA26

Re: Red Giant, White Dwarf.

It's a shame this didn't fog. I hope you get an EC out of the deal. I'll buy if it prints.

KIDA26

Please oh pleases get an EC! Do Want!

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

Aaaaand that's all she wrote.

Fingers crossed for an EC, for this or "Air".

SkittishPixie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SkittishPixie
noisdois wrote:Thanks! I'm glad you like it on the orange, it was the only color I thought it looked good on too

Cthulu? Is that you?

The Tim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages The Tim
Re: Air

*sigh*

Another disappointing derby for Edgar fans.

LightSpiral

quality posts: 4 Private Messages LightSpiral
Re: Steamworks Operatica V.2

SIGH! It fell out of the fog...

Let us know if you submit it somewhere else later on?