Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

claudicina

quality posts: 34 Private Messages claudicina

All about the BBQ lately!

mllemeranii

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mllemeranii

They better just be making us sweat it out for Drak.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

::wiggles fingers under her chin:: <-- international Cthulhu greeting.

Awesome Sir! Glad to see you get an EC!

JadenKale

mllemeranii wrote:They better just be making us sweat it out for Drak.

I believe that's the idea, m'dear.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Strange aeons and BBQ sauce!

cubecul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cubecul

God's not black or white, apparently.

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

Is his head some sort of utensil? Because it looks like a spork and/or balloon with prongs.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

aayjay

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aayjay

I'm not sure on how to pronounce Cthulu. Is it 'ca-thu-lu' or 'cuh-thulu' or 'suh-thulu'?

blahmcblah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages blahmcblah

Wow, great pick, Woot! Congrats, Dekon!

xtinaftw

quality posts: 21 Private Messages xtinaftw

Does this shirt come with a rack of ribs? That would make my day.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Congrats on the print!

mllemeranii

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mllemeranii
JadenKale wrote:I believe that's the idea, m'dear.

Although, it would be the biggest upset EVER if he didn't get an EC.

The forum would be epic.

adamsw216

quality posts: 3 Private Messages adamsw216
aayjay wrote:I'm not sure on how to pronounce Cthulu. Is it 'ca-thu-lu' or 'cuh-thulu' or 'suh-thulu'?

Wikipedia says: "Cthulhu has also been spelled as Tulu, Clulu, Clooloo, Cthulu, Cighulu, Cathulu, Kutulu, Q’thulu, Ktulu, Kthulhut, Kulhu, Thu Thu, and in many other ways. It is often preceded by the epithet Great, Dead, or Dread.

Lovecraft transcribed the pronunciation of Cthulhu as "Khlûl'-hloo" (IPA: /ˈkɬʊl.ɬuː/ ?). S. T. Joshi points out, however, that Lovecraft gave several differing pronunciations on different occasions.According to Lovecraft, this is merely the closest that the human vocal apparatus can come to reproducing the syllables of an alien language. Long after Lovecraft's death, the pronunciation kə-THOO-loo (IPA: /kəˈθuːluː/) became common, and the game Call of Cthulhu endorsed it."

JadenKale

xtinaftw wrote:Does this shirt come with a rack of ribs? That would make my day.

If you mean racks of human ribs... then, yes.

blahmcblah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages blahmcblah

Man, I Love(craft) this one and R'lyeh, R'lyeh want to buy it...

Cervantes3773

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Cervantes3773

This is awesome... now we just need a shirt with Yog-Sothoth

isacult

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isacult

"In for one" does not even begin to describe how much I love this shirt. And with that I am rendered speechless.

lilnursey84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lilnursey84

i don't get it

when life gives you lemons, squirt life in the eye!

Kaplan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Kaplan

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

For the first time, I'm in for two on a shirt. Fabulous print.

imsochady

quality posts: 26 Private Messages imsochady
aayjay wrote:I'm not sure on how to pronounce Cthulu. Is it 'ca-thu-lu' or 'cuh-thulu' or 'suh-thulu'?

I think it's pronounced as Chipotle. Goes great with burritos, Yummy!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

happiness is a warm planet. and dekon printing.

xxchange

adamsw216 wrote:Wikipedia says: "Cthulhu has also been spelled as Tulu, Clulu, Clooloo, Cthulu, Cighulu, Cathulu, Kutulu, Q’thulu, Ktulu, Kthulhut, Kulhu, Thu Thu, and in many other ways. It is often preceded by the epithet Great, Dead, or Dread.

Lovecraft transcribed the pronunciation of Cthulhu as "Khlûl'-hloo" (IPA: /ˈkɬʊl.ɬuː/ ?). S. T. Joshi points out, however, that Lovecraft gave several differing pronunciations on different occasions.According to Lovecraft, this is merely the closest that the human vocal apparatus can come to reproducing the syllables of an alien language. Long after Lovecraft's death, the pronunciation kə-THOO-loo (IPA: /kəˈθuːluː/) became common, and the game Call of Cthulhu endorsed it."

So basically it's a made-up word and not worth mentioning.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

JadenKale

lilnursey84 wrote:i don't get it

Here, to satiate your curiosity: The Call of Cthulhu is a good place to start.

lilnursey84

Kaplan wrote:Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

For the first time, I'm in for two on a shirt. Fabulous print.

? WHAT THE SPAM IS THAT?

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
imsochady wrote:I think it's pronounced as Chipotle. Goes great with burritos, Yummy!

I made a sauce out of chipotles today. It is spicier than I thought it would be, but still pretty good - especially considering I have pretty much no culinary ability whatsoever.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

xxchange

Methinks someone lost his creativity while writing an artist bio. Hmm.

xxchange

eHalcyon wrote:I made a sauce out of chipotles today. It is spicier than I thought it would be, but still pretty good - especially considering I have pretty much no culinary ability whatsoever.

Macaroni and cheese! The answer to every kitchen-phobe's prayers.

JadenKale

lilnursey84 wrote:? WHAT THE SPAM IS THAT?

I shall direct you here.

Killerskillet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Killerskillet

I don't get it.

Furthermore, I'd rather not have to consult a website to GO and get it. I'll just not buy it.

Kaplan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Kaplan

robbie42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robbie42

Is this Cthulhu dude a relative of Dr. Zoidberg?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

I guess this would be one of the only appropriate places where I can proudly show off the Xmas card I made last year. Admittedly, inspiration was taken from a particularly awesome post on io9.

Also? First? Up There? Me.

imsochady

quality posts: 26 Private Messages imsochady
xxchange wrote:Macaroni and cheese! The answer to every kitchen-phobe's prayers.

And also the microwave. I pretty much microwaved everything back in college. I can make a tasty ham and egg sandwich with cheese in under a minute!

xxchange

imsochady wrote:And also the microwave. I pretty much microwaved everything back in college. I can make a tasty ham and egg sandwich with cheese in under a minute!

Ew, you microwave ham? Nuts! That's worse than cooking corn!

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct

I just got back from vacation guys, what did I miss? Woah, is that my design being printed. Awesome!

You're all very punny, and I missed all of you. Even the people who, "don't get it" or think "cute is evil" (which in this case makes sense).

It's funny how happy vacations dim the glowing ball of jaded fury that's been building up in my heart over time.

Bring on the next derby I say! What, it's already started? damn.

Killerskillet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Killerskillet

So we're done talking about the shirt, then? Can anyone tell me why this joke shirt is better than a design?

AquaSky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AquaSky

This was the first design I'd ever voted for in the derby, so I'm super excited to see it printed. I ordered one right away.

lilnursey84

Kaplan wrote:

i understand the human ribs comment now

pumbaa57

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pumbaa57
mllemeranii wrote:They better just be making us sweat it out for Drak.

What is this "Drak" of which you speak? And who do I have to go down on to get "Call Me, Ismael" to print?

there's nothing douchier than a signature that lists all the junk you've bought. NOBODY CARES.