+ Add a Comment

Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

Think about when you bought your favorite Woot shirt. The image popping up on your screen. Your sudden intake of breath. You knew right then that this was the one. Every moment since has proven you right, from tearing open the bag to pulling it on for the first time to feeling it settle snugly over your contours over time. There’s nothing like falling in love – shirt love.

Well, get ready to fall in love again. For a limited time (yeah, everything is “limited time” in the cosmic sense – let’s say a severely limited time), the public can buy select retired Shirt.Woot shirts again. Every Monday at midnight, we’ll put either a Redux or Remix design up at our Shirt.Woot Classics page for $20 per shirt. Redux shirts will present the shirts just as they appeared the first time, with the addition of a printed Classic neck tag commemorating the artist and original launch date.. The Remix line will tweak the original design somehow: shirt color, ink color, hell, maybe even a third sleeve.

What better choice for our first Shirt.Woot Classic shirt than our first Shirt.Woot? Sore Thumbs launched the craziness over two years ago, and we’re happy to welcome it back in a Redux edition. Like all Classic shirts, it will only be available for one week, so don’t dither if you dig it. No Reckoning necessary. If you collectors weren’t around to collect the original collectible Shirt.Woot tees, now you can collect the collected Shirt.Woot Classics collection.

But what if you were there? What if your keen, fashion-forward eye helped raise the status of this shirt from a nobody to a somebody? What's in it for me, you ask? Anyone who bought this Classic originally wil get a coupon (via email) for five dollars off the purchase of that Classic, reissued shirt. Use the code yourself or pass it along to a friend. Whatever you decide, remember, the code is good for one purchase only and it will expire when next Classic shirt is launched.

Why this? Why now? We’d been kicking the idea around for a while, but we were finally swayed by the opinions of our forum users. Some of them wanted a shot at designs that came before they found out about us. Some wanted shirts that weren’t available in their size the first time around. Some wanted to replace a ruined shirt (shoddy American workmanship…) or as a backup in case anything happened to a beloved Woot tee. And they all have sweet, sweet money to spend.

Speaking of our forum users, let us know what Shirt.Woot oldies you’d nominate for enshrinement as Classics, or any other ideas you have for making this Shirt.Woot Classics program work – as if you guys ever need encouragement to offer your opinions.

faughtey

quality posts: 21 Private Messages faughtey

Staff

Thanks woot! I'd love to buy Decomposition, but hope to get a coupon so I don't have to pay $20.00.
Nevermind, if you are changing something about it, I don't want it.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown

tiernane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiernane

Seems like a natural first choice! I'm glad to see that the classic shirt is being presented in addition to the shirt of the day and glad to see the classics idea being implemented

I'd love to see "Death on a Pale White Unicorn" at some point.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

Link no worky.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

tiernane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiernane
SailorButterfly wrote:Link no worky.

It's supposed to be shirt.woot.com/classics not shirt.woot.com/classic.

The Tim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages The Tim

Anyone who bought this Classic originally wil get a coupon (via email) for five dollars off the purchase of that Classic, reissued shirt.

Hmm... I bought Sore Thumbs, but I haven't received any coupon via email. Not that I really need another, but it's the principle of the thing.

square965

quality posts: 4 Private Messages square965

Hm, well the whole reason for me visiting shirt.woot.com is to buy T-shirts for 10 bucks. I just can't see myself paying 20 dollars for a shirt on a web site that I only visit because their shirts are cheap.

I doubt I'll ever buy any of these classics, $15 would be more reasonable.

lol hi

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
tiernane wrote:It's supposed to be shirt.woot.com/classics not shirt.woot.com/classic.

Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

I think Sore Thumbs deserves a 3rd sleeve, don't you think? ;)

Congrats on the first Classics, MJ. This is so great!

As for the complaints regarding the shirt price, I think, for the most part, it's fitting the price has been increased. Does that mean I'll be getting a lot of them? God, I hope not, because then I'll be broke as all hell. But I'm sure there are a few I'll be more than happy to buy, even at an increased price.

rkcr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rkcr

Any chance I get at getting Alpha Battle (http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=5580) is worth it - missed out on it before realizing how this site worked. :/

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Pretty cool! I know when I've looked back at the shirts before I heard about shirt.woot, there were some shirts I liked. I will have to go back and examine the archives again...

plashricrem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plashricrem

This is an awesome idea Shirt.Woot! I'd like to throw my hat in the ring on behalf of Gettysburg Address (5229). Not only is it one of my favorite shirts from your fine enterprise (I tend to wear it at least a couple of times a month) but reselling it would allow me to atone for a grievous mistake on my part from many moons ago (namely not buying one for my girlfriend prior to it being reckoned.)

Thus by commissioning it as a classic, everyone wins. Shirt.woot gets some more of my hard earned cash, I get in the good graces of my lady friend, she gets an amazing shirt. Seems like a win-win-win situation to me!

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
tiernane wrote:
I'd love to see "Death on a Pale White Unicorn" at some point.

Seconded. I'd buy that in a hot minute.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12

Some tees I'd love to see get a reprint:
This Here's My Unicorn-Huntin' Gun
Bats!
Счастливый Пятидесятый День рождения!

I've been regretting those three for awhile now!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
plashricrem wrote:This is an awesome idea Shirt.Woot! I'd like to throw my hat in the ring on behalf of Gettysburg Address (5229). Not only is it one of my favorite shirts from your fine enterprise (I tend to wear it at least a couple of times a month) but reselling it would allow me to atone for a grievous mistake on my part from many moons ago (namely not buying one for my girlfriend prior to it being reckoned.)

Thus by commissioning it as a classic, everyone wins. Shirt.woot gets some more of my hard earned cash, I get in the good graces of my lady friend, she gets an amazing shirt. Seems like a win-win-win situation to me!

Gettysburg is one of the least-desired trades at Teetrade.org. Last I saw it was one of the most prevalent "available" shirts. These are mostly brand new shirts from Random grab bags, so you won't necessarily get leftovers.

I would check there first. There is no reason for woot to reprint a shirt that sold so long and yet is so under-desired. Supply is high, and demand is low.

darquis2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darquis2

Sadly, not in my size, but ah well, what can ya do?

I'd suggest making these a 15 dollar buy within the first 24 hours and then go up to 20 for the duration of the sale, but that's my inner cheapo speaking.

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog

oh thank you adder for replying so nicely. i read that comment and nearly fell out of my chair, there's probably mroe than 100 people with a brand new abe they would give away for free.
man am i ever glad i never got that in a grab bag.

my kid really wanted springatron... now that there are kid sizes, that would be a good seller imo.

sorry: LINK

Snoopjerm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Snoopjerm

Proud owner of the original "Sore Thumbs" shirt.

Love it.

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat

How about going back in Woot history and reviving a respected artist's first shirt? I'd buy Tgentry's Dragontine's Day.

JadenKale

geekfactor12 wrote:Some tees I'd love to see get a reprint:
This Here's My Unicorn-Huntin' Gun
Bats!
Счастливый Пятидесятый День рождения!

I've been regretting those three for awhile now!

Bats! I'd totally drop a $20 on.
and I sound like a broken record but:

Thing That Scoots(PLEASE KEEP IT THE SAME COLORS!)
Avocado Man(PLEASE KEEP IT THE SAME COLORS!)
Sea Wolves

peppersagooddog

HalfWheat wrote:How about going back in Woot history and reviving a respected artist's first shirt? I'd buy Tgentry's Dragontine's Day.

i would REbuy dragontines day if the words were off of it

kkowalew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kkowalew

I waiting for the coupon to buy. When will they be sent. Gotta go to bed so I can get up in 4 hours for work. My son was just complaining his original Sore Thumbs does not fit anymore. This will be my first Christmas present purchase!!!

Moribund

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Moribund

I'd dearly love to see the sugar BSOD shirt reprint. It happened before I knew about the site, and I'm terribly jealous of my friends that have them.

peppersagooddog

how about i just help everyone out a little?
hope you dont mind me linking your site bluchez!

FULL SHIRT ARCHIVE

byrd8520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages byrd8520

ohhhh Cool Breeze please. It was sold out the day I found shirt.woot, and was reckoned the day I stumbled upon the reckoning. No kidding heh

http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=3806

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
peppersagooddog wrote:how about i just help everyone out a little?
hope you dont mind me linking your site bluchez!

FULL SHIRT ARCHIVE

Ahhh thank you for posting that! I was looking at shirts in an extremely painful way.

The Tim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages The Tim
The Tim wrote:Anyone who bought this Classic originally wil get a coupon (via email) for five dollars off the purchase of that Classic, reissued shirt.

Hmm... I bought Sore Thumbs, but I haven't received any coupon via email. Not that I really need another, but it's the principle of the thing.

Hah, well now I got the email, but it says "Hey, [USER NAME]! Remember all the fun you had buying [SHIRT NAME] from Shirt.Woot? Let's do it again some time. Like right now!"

And I bet you can guess what the code is. That doesn't seem quite right...

AdderXYU

JadenKale wrote:Bats! I'd totally drop a $20 on.
and I sound like a broken record but:

Thing That Scoots(PLEASE KEEP IT THE SAME COLORS!)
Avocado Man(PLEASE KEEP IT THE SAME COLORS!)
Sea Wolves

I echo all of these (Bats and scoots I own, but would like in a more fitting size, plz. Avocado man was my first regret. And Sea Wolves, while not one I own, is by one of the best of the best designers out there, and that deserves love in and of itself)

I'd also love to see:
Killer Bees
Sea Chimp
Wet and Windy
And while not any time soon, someday I'd like another shot at Popa and Sun Wukong

And really anything I got bigger thinking my real size would shrink too much, especially Angry Day, which was reckoned silently one week when woot forgot to post either the first or second reckoning preview. With fair warning, who knows how long it would have lasted?

JadenKale

AdderXYU wrote:I echo all of these (Bats and scoots I own, but would like in a more fitting size, plz. Avocado man was my first regret. And Sea Wolves, while not one I own, is by one of the best of the best designers out there, and that deserves love in and of itself)

I'd also love to see:
Killer Bees
Sea Chimp
Wet and Windy
And while not any time soon, someday I'd like another shot at Popa and Sun Wukong

And really anything I got bigger thinking my real size would shrink too much, especially Angry Day, which was reckoned silently one week when woot forgot to post either the first or second reckoning preview. With fair warning, who knows how long it would have lasted?

God, I totally keep forgetting to note Angry Day and I was one of the few that missed out on it.

Also, I don't know how others feel about it, because I was certainly not entirely sold on Wet and Windy because of the shirt choice, but I'd like to see it on a color that would compliment the design. (I don't feel heather did anything for that print and that's what ultimately kept me from purchasing it).

peppersagooddog

AdderXYU wrote:

With fair warning, who knows how long it would have lasted?

a long long time.
love that shirt, and got the wrong size... another i would gladly plunk down more $$ for a reprint.
speaking of... i ruined my apathy day.... man i miss that one too...

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

I'm also up for Angry Day, though I hope someone around here might spare me a coupon.

And the one shirt I really want is Fable's The Creative Thought Process.

Feel free to reprint either of my two designs (though probably not any time soon). I'd like a remix of A Wonderful Day wherein I can take into account how dark the olive shirt really is.

Oh, and I'd love to see some of the shirts I've already purchased remixed.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

AdderXYU

peppersagooddog wrote:a long long time.
love that shirt, and got the wrong size... another i would gladly plunk down more $$ for a reprint.
speaking of... i ruined my apathy day.... man i miss that one too...

The best part about Angry Day, of course, is that I'd get it for $15. I already bought it, doncha know.

Lots of my other missizers, tho, are randoms, so I'd be left to the will of the woot.

Oh, and to be generous, hows about Skullngry? It's a great shirt, if not for me, and pretty widely lamented as missed.

And yknow, Jaden, I actually think that the heather blank is what made me come around so strongly to Wet and Windy. I really blew it off originally, but it, like Perched Among Blossoms, looked great to me on heather when I finally saw real pics.

lonelypond

quality posts: 464 Private Messages lonelypond

The Thing That Scoots

Need a New Year's Resolution? Resolve to read In The Bleak December ; )

JadenKale

AdderXYU wrote:The best part about Angry Day, of course, is that I'd get it for $15. I already bought it, doncha know.

Lots of my other missizers, tho, are randoms, so I'd be left to the will of the woot.

Oh, and to be generous, hows about Skullngry? It's a great shirt, if not for me, and pretty widely lamented as missed.

And yknow, Jaden, I actually think that the heather blank is what made me come around so strongly to Wet and Windy. I really blew it off originally, but it, like Perched Among Blossoms, looked great to me on heather when I finally saw real pics.

I must find pictures of that in the forum. Admittedly, I never checked for photos of it.

And I agree on Skullngry... great design. I can hardly wait for my reprint of RW's Can I Dance Too from Teextile and I've had others of his in my possession before. I think that would be excellent of them to reprint.

aayjay

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aayjay

I want Angry Day and Bats very, very badly.

peppersagooddog

what if you could talk cho into putting octopus is larger than it appears on NOT yellow? man i tried hard back then to make him put it on not yellow...
i would buy it on not yellow.
it was a kickass shirt.

i could do this all night! just reprint awesome please, oh dear woot gods, and nothing horrible like skatetown or grow.
i would say that i trust your judgement, but you already printed skatetown and grow once...

JadenKale

peppersagooddog wrote:i could do this all night! just reprint awesome please, oh dear woot gods, and nothing horrible like skatetown or grow.
i would say that i trust your judgement, but you already printed skatetown and grow once...

::shudders:: grow.....

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

Shirts I would like to see again and would consider paying $20 for.
If you want to destroy my chainmail

uh oh I would also consider this on a different color, especially if you want to try out new colors like silver or slate. ;)

Lady of spain, matadore you

Lady out of water I would pay another $15 to get one with the colors fixed.

Caution Octopus’ May Be Larger Than It Appears I'd pay $15 for another one, as I dripped curry sauce on my first one, which made me very sad.

when donuts fly

Suburban Blitzkrieg is another one I'd consider getting if the colors get tweaked.

Now all woot needs is another nice link at the top of the page, say one that says 'Classic' next to the reckoning link, so we can actually find the classic shirts. Or its own box in the sidebar, with a picture of the shirt. Something more than a blog post link please?

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

peppersagooddog

i can haz turtle rage?
LINKY

AdderXYU

peppersagooddog wrote:i can haz turtle rage?

Turtle Rage has a high likelihood, I think. Someone in wootworld REALLY freakin' loved that, and to be honest, it was charming enough to understand why.

Of course, I'd never pay $20 for it, but it could possibly find itself resurfacing.