Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Whotookpowerstroke

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Whotookpowerstroke

to cutesy for me.

DCno10

quality posts: 376 Private Messages DCno10

YESSSSS. I just graduated from Architecture school and definitely wanted this to win. Congrats fivedoorsvt.

Muntoe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Muntoe

This design is cute, but it also makes me wonder how the heck a bird can draw/write out blueprints...

Anyway, congrats Mr. Five!

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat

That writeup is a hoot.

Schmoofy

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Schmoofy

This is a truly ingenious idea for a shirt design, I'm just confused as to where a bird got blueprints for a nest...

kubaki

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kubaki

very sexy tshirt here

sophiecabra

quality posts: 26 Private Messages sophiecabra

I wonder if he installed a bathroom, or is just going to keep using my car.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

I said it before in the thread: it ain't for me, but I really appreciate the mix of styles between the blueprint and the bird, and I like how this manages to be cute (which it certainly is) while also being creative (which most similar work is certainly not). The colors pop great, as well. A solid shirt from a derby which might sell out? Hey, good enough for me.

ewtye

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ewtye

There would be too much explaining to do if I wore this shirt. No one would 'get' it. Cute design though.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Schmoofy wrote:This is a truly ingenious idea for a shirt design, I'm just confused as to where a bird got blueprints for a nest...

From a barkitect.

Get it? Like an architect? Sorry.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

prateeko

quality posts: 70 Private Messages prateeko

Why are there two arrows pointing to the ends of a twig on the blueprint?

prateeko

So is this red bird the antithesis to the twitter bird?

Wntrgarnet

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Wntrgarnet

Why build now? You already have a cozy spot under one of the eves of my house.

Woot-off Lights & Screaming Monkey
Sandisk Clip 1GB MP3 Player
Samsung Bluetooth Headset
USB Stuff<--:D So much fun!!!!
Ion Audio Portable USB Turntable

Polara413

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Polara413

Avian version of Ty Pennington? That'd either be a spastic hummingbird, or one of those pigeons that incessently smacks into windows.

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

I'll never understand why he didn't make room for a TV.

And besides, since when are larks red?

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

easysailor

quality posts: 25 Private Messages easysailor

i love this shirt. Rockin Robin. In for one.

I live paycheck to paycheck thanks to woot.

prateeko

It just occurred to me that the bird would save a bunch of time and effort if it just crumpled up the blueprints and used that as a nest...

eHalcyon

xxchange wrote:I'll never understand why he didn't make room for a TV.

It's roomier than it looks.

And who said it's a lark?

prateeko wrote:It just occurred to me that the bird would save a bunch of time and effort if it just crumpled up the blueprints and used that as a nest...

'twould be structurally unsound.

shantelly77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shantelly77

I want this but I don't want to spend ten dollars because I am THAT broke, but I want it, but I don't want to spend ten dollars, but I want it, but I don't want to spend ten dollars.....grr....someone decide for me! Please?

EDIT: Got it! Thanks for the help!

lindab53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindab53
xxchange wrote:I'll never understand why he didn't make room for a TV.

That first Studebaker Lark was red.

Schmoofy

prateeko wrote:It just occurred to me that the bird would save a bunch of time and effort if it just crumpled up the blueprints and used that as a nest...

I don't think the blueprints read to crumble the blueprints up, and even then, how would a small bird be able to do that? heh

xxchange

eHalcyon wrote:'twould be structurally unsound.

"Lark"itecture. No?

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

I love this shirt, but what kind of bird is that? Larks aren't red and it certainly doesn't look like a cardinal.. Ornithologists demand accuracy!!!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

Schmoofy

Did anyone else notice that the 'writing' is in single line scratches? I think fivedoorsvt secretly knows how to write bird.

xxchange

He looks so happy. Obviously he's never built anything before. YOU WAIT, LITTLE UNSUSPECTING BIRD. THE TOUGH TIMES ARE YET TO COME.

Oh, by the way, if he's smart enough to make dang blueprints, why isn't he installing a roof? It gets rainy in gutters.

xxchange

bluetuba wrote:I love this shirt, but what kind of bird is that? Larks aren't red and it certainly doesn't look like a cardinal.. Ornithologists demand accuracy!!!

I'd be very surprised if there were an ornithologists in the woot crowd.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

congratulations on the print.

birds can't crumple, they can only nitpick.

eHalcyon

xxchange wrote:"Lark"itecture. No?

Ehh. Could just be for the pun.

But I'll give it to you. My bad!

There is a red-winged lark. Chalk up the vividness of this red to cartoon glory.

homeschoolwinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner

He probably got that nest at Ikea

"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles

sirhc91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirhc91

I like the chicken scratch on the plans.

eHalcyon

Schmoofy wrote:Did anyone else notice that the 'writing' is in single line scratches? I think fivedoorsvt secretly knows how to write bird.

Ha, I said that before the derby even started:

eHalcyon wrote:LIES! That is clearly text. The scratchings are obviously from the language of the birds.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

I wish more cute shirts were like this. I'm not going to buy this one, but I'm pretty happy that it won. It's cute without being cloying. Its concept is clever and creative. The color scheme is simple yet bright and vibrant. All in all, good stuff, and a deserving print. Congrats!

imsochady

quality posts: 30 Private Messages imsochady

I don't know about this bird. But if I'm like a bird, I'll only fly away. I don't know where my soul is. I don't know where my home is.

AdderXYU

ewtye wrote:There would be too much explaining to do if I wore this shirt. No one would 'get' it. Cute design though.

No one would get it?

You don't know ANYONE who knows what "nests" and "blueprints" are?

DCno10

quality posts: 376 Private Messages DCno10
Schmoofy wrote:Did anyone else notice that the 'writing' is in single line scratches? I think fivedoorsvt secretly knows how to write bird.

I wonder if that really is a coded message of some sort.

isparabola

quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola

The perspective of the design trips me out.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
ewtye wrote:There would be too much explaining to do if I wore this shirt. No one would 'get' it. Cute design though.

I would try to distance myself from anyone unable to understand a shirt this simple.

AdderXYU

goneferal

quality posts: 19 Private Messages goneferal

I admire his pluck to build in the current housing market.