Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

James1337

quality posts: 0 Private Messages James1337

eh its ok but im not gonna buy it

Mattman243

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Mattman243

I am not pleased. I was hoping for The Art of Creation.

Congrads, however, to soldoutd.

My Shirt.Woots:

ircharizard

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ircharizard

This shirt reminds me of the song Emerald City by the band United States of Electronica, in for one.

knitomatic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages knitomatic

Oh cool. That's not at all like a giant arrow pointing to my crotch.

4.1.2007 - $1,000,001 Random carp

chuiu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chuiu

If this didn't have a guy on the bottom of the shirt, I would totally buy one.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

shame this couldn't be printed the way it should be... all the way to the bottom of the shirt.

DCno10

quality posts: 376 Private Messages DCno10

great shirt. looking forward to adder being overjoyed that it won.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

Aww... but I wanted the way more poorly done tee that looked like yesterday's! Now I'll just have to wait til next week and hope someone draws bunnies.

Schmoofy

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Schmoofy

This is such an awesome shirt.

"Do not arouse the wrath of the great and powerful Wooters! I said come back tomorrow."

Mattman243

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Mattman243
knitomatic wrote:Oh cool. That's not at all like a giant arrow pointing to my crotch.

Hehe, yeah, the length of the shirts on me would make the guy hover right about -there-.

My Shirt.Woots:

slowjam

quality posts: 8 Private Messages slowjam

Hmmm. I'll bet in this shirt, I could while away the hours conferring with the flowers, consulting with the rain.

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

This is how he did it.

It doesn't show that on the shirt, of course, because then it wouldn't be as pretty, but that's about it. See, he's actually holding spray paint--not chalk. Sneaky devil.

In actuality, that city really is beautiful; the details are really fun to look at (O M G BIRDS!), plus the pretty colors... but (yes, I will lower myself to beating a dead horse) that man down there on the goodie trail... he's just not doing it for me... sorry.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Love the city part and those colors. Would buy it if the man was less contrasting or eliminated. Nonetheless - congrats!

mcwoot42

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mcwoot42

This reminds of me of the book The City of Ember.

lostnightsoul

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lostnightsoul

I see the lights but I'm not getting that "emerald city" feel. It's a tad too clustered. Maybe it really would have been a great shirt if the drawing was purple.

ewtye

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ewtye

This would be really cool if it glowed in the dark. Even though - I'm in for one. It's unique, I like it.

homeschoolwinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner

Reminds me of bioluminescence. I kayaked the bioluminescent bay in Puerto Rico once and that was pretty cool, thats what this shirt makes me think of. I imagine this city is made up solely of those little critters.

"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles

Wntrgarnet

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Wntrgarnet

I would think this shirt would go insane under a black light, but there is only one way to tell, and that is when it arrives at my door. :P

Woot-off Lights & Screaming Monkey
Sandisk Clip 1GB MP3 Player
Samsung Bluetooth Headset
USB Stuff<--:D So much fun!!!!
Ion Audio Portable USB Turntable

goneferal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages goneferal

It looks like a big chandelier, and the guy is pulling the chain to turn the lights on... as if chandeliers had pull chains. Am I seeing it the way the artist intended me to? I tend to miss the obvious.

homeschoolwinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner
Wntrgarnet wrote:I would think this shirt would go insane under a black light, but there is only one way to tell, and that is when it arrives at my door. :P

Do you live at a nightclub? Or perhaps at some sort of laser tag establishment?

"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles

xxchange

When you don't focus your eyes it looks like a giant green balloon.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

lordoink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lordoink

Congrats. But I really wanted that Art of Creation shirt. =/

xxchange

lostnightsoul wrote:I see the lights but I'm not getting that "emerald city" feel. It's a tad too clustered. Maybe it really would have been a great shirt if the drawing was purple.

Why purple? Is that really random only to me?

Schmoofy

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Schmoofy

Good thing this shirt isn't being liquidated, like the wicked witch.

xxchange

homeschoolwinner wrote:Do you live at a nightclub? Or perhaps at some sort of laser tag establishment?

Now that's awesome.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Wntrgarnet wrote:I would think this shirt would go insane under a black light, but there is only one way to tell, and that is when it arrives at my door. :P

I have worn some woot shirts under a black light and some of the colors do glow (like the white, for instance, and some of the greens) This may just glow for you under a black light.

I just won't promise you your money back if it doesn't.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

congratulations. On the print.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

I'm glad this printed. This and Art of Creation have similar concepts. This one (even with the kind of off-putting person) is miles, miles better, if only because its buildings have form and use colors in an interesting way. Art of Creation was a demonstration in how to make these sort of elements as bland as possible.

ewtye

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ewtye
jasneko wrote:Love the city part and those colors. Would buy it if the man was less contrasting or eliminated. Nonetheless - congrats!

To tone down the guy at the bottom of the shirt, just take a black Sharpie to it. Shade him in a little or eliminate him completely.

Minger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Minger

In for one. Was hoping for the other one or both of these, but last night's got second place.

Heres to a good looking shirt!

imsochady

quality posts: 25 Private Messages imsochady
homeschoolwinner wrote:Reminds me of bioluminescence. I kayaked the bioluminescent bay in Puerto Rico once and that was pretty cool, thats what this shirt makes me think of. I imagine this city is made up solely of those little critters.

I kayaked once, and hurt my back .

xxchange

O M G! That guy is GOD!

lostnightsoul

xxchange wrote:Why purple? Is that really random only to me?

I was taking it from the shirt description about Harold and his Purple crayon, which goes with book series Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson. Tons of books in the series. Man I'm so old. Mostly pictures. With the purple crayon Harold would be able to draw many things that take on a physical but on dimension object. Like if he need to climb up to a place he would draw a set of stairs, then walk up them.

Might make a good kids movie, that is if Tim Burton doesn't direct it.

Wait... are you saying that not only did you not have chess sets in school, but you didn't have Harold and the Purple Crayon books either?

euphoricxtragedy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages euphoricxtragedy
chuiu wrote:If this didn't have a guy on the bottom of the shirt, I would totally buy one.

Ditto.

xxchange

lostnightsoul wrote:I was taking it from the shirt description about Harold and his Purple crayon, which goes with book series Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson. Tons of books in the series. Man I'm so old. Mostly pictures. With the purple crayon Harold would be able to draw many things that take on a physical but on dimension object. Like if he need to climb up to a place he would draw a set of stairs, then walk up them.

Might make a good kids movie, that is if Tim Burton doesn't direct it.

Wait... are you saying that not only did you not have chess sets in school, but you didn't have Harold and the Purple Crayon books either?

No, I remember the purple crayon! But that wasn't at school. I think my mom got it from the library. I loved it because of the texture of everything he drew with the crayon... and because it was purple. It just wouldn't be the same it it had been green.

--Wait, there was more than one purple crayon book?

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce

Congratulations. I love the colors of the city.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
homeschoolwinner wrote:Do you live at a nightclub? Or perhaps at some sort of laser tag establishment?

lol! :D

StarkFist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StarkFist

Wow! Great shirt! Better without the guy, but I still ordered one.

lostnightsoul

xxchange wrote:
--Wait, there was more than one purple crayon book?

At first I thought there were just a few but there are a lot, and many editions... But perhaps in some respects all you needed was to read one of the earlier ones to get the "magic" of what was going to be in the future books.