bearysoft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bearysoft
xtinaftw wrote:I just wish it were a little less dark on the right side so that the awesomeness was more apparent from a distance.

Awesomeness? Really?

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
bearysoft wrote:Awesomeness? Really?

The awesomeness is hidden behind the black... look really hard for it.

cake eater

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cake eater
IamIreland wrote:He is distinctly un-viking.

po tay toe

po tah toe

obvious troll is obvious.

forum option changes may take a few minutes. just relax

Bandrik

quality posts: 79 Private Messages Bandrik

You think you're so smug, Ye Woot Writers, thinking you can hide your teleportation scrolls behind the Black Water. But avast, I have found your secret tunnel to the strange lands of music! King Eno sends his regards.

princessdiablo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages princessdiablo

Clearly not a viking. Crusader. Surfing on his shield.

Likely his shield was actually made of wood so maybe it would float? My historical geekiness doesn't extend to the buoyancy of crusader shields.

The one thing I can't explain is curious he's got a colander on his head...

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange
gumberculees wrote:i am sick and tired of woot forcing their pro-surfing knight agenda down my throat. seriously, let the t shirt artists make t shirts and leave the political commentary to clowns like jon stewart, bill o'reily, and nancy pelosi.

I JUST WANT T SHIRTS, NOT POLITICAL PROPAGANDA!!!

YAY for the return of the offended party!

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

imsochady

quality posts: 30 Private Messages imsochady
gumberculees wrote:i am sick and tired of woot forcing their pro-surfing knight agenda down my throat. seriously, let the t shirt artists make t shirts and leave the political commentary to clowns like jon stewart, bill o'reily, and nancy pelosi.

I JUST WANT T SHIRTS, NOT POLITICAL PROPAGANDA!!!

I think it's just about time the Surfing Knight Party make its presence known. It's long over due I must say. For years, the Democrats and Republicans have silenced its voice. But now, it's time we stand up, wave our fist in the air (like we just don't care), and take what's ours! Because today, we celebrate our INDEPENDENCE DAY! VIVA LE RESISTANCE! and of course, FOR FREEDOM!!!

FlashPratt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FlashPratt

Sometimes I see things that hurt the nerd inside me.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
eHalcyon wrote:Given the banner, is that guy supposed to be the tin man? He's got quite a beard.

If so, C3PO better watch out...

Yeah, I was expecting the tin man in board shorts until I saw the closeup. Meh to knights. He's not even on a surfboard, so how does the banner fit?

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

philosophree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages philosophree

First thing I thought of when I saw it: "Looks like Tommy Chong"

bkeokip

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bkeokip

Didn't they film the part in The Ring where the girl climbs out of the well, in Stanwood?

sittingduck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sittingduck
bkeokip wrote:Didn't they film the part in The Ring where the girl climbs out of the well, in Stanwood?

yea, part of it was.

marmls2m

quality posts: 2 Private Messages marmls2m
imsochady wrote:I think it's just about time the Surfing Knight Party make its presence known. It's long over due I must say. For years, the Democrats and Republicans have silenced its voice. But now, it's time we stand up, wave our fist in the air (like we just don't care), and take what's ours! Because today, we celebrate our INDEPENDENCE DAY! VIVA LE RESISTANCE! and of course, FOR FREEDOM!!!

dont make light of my policitcal beliefs

kenforst

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kenforst

The image is weirdly esoteric and cryptic and has that neo-underground comic feel and the contrast makes it a chore to figure it out and so therefore I can't see myself dancing to it.
But the commentary is brilliant.

sugareeali

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sugareeali

I can't imagine his rust issues.

hoygoya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoygoya

Normally, I am surprised that when I don't like a shirt, the rest of you seem to rave about how great it is. This time, we are all on the same page. It feels good.

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

why...?

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

donnemo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages donnemo

I think it's bad pun week at woot.

gjbloom

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gjbloom

That ad copy is awesome! Almost awesome enough to make me buy this shirt.

Almost.

SkittishPixie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SkittishPixie
Shigwarm wrote:Does anybody else see the cryptic face just above the dude's head, in the clouds?

yes. And the axe makes him look like he has an angry eyebrow. Or maybe that's just me. =\

spilzer

quality posts: 121 Private Messages spilzer

The poor guy on the shirt is definitely having some sort of identity crisis.

Is he a viking? Nope, no pointy horned cap and too much armor.

Is he the Tin Man? Nope, not with that beard and it looks like he has plenty of heart (see that grin?)

Is he a knight? Well, maybe. That's certainly what the write up would have you believe, but any true iconic knight would be carrying a sword, not some puny axe (it's not even one of those awesome double-headed battle-axes, it looks more like what I would chop firewood with).

Is he a surfer? Despite his deep tan (I'm sure that's why the image is so dark) he's missing the requisite shell on a hemp braid necklace so he can't be a real surfer.

I can only conclude this is actually an image of the guy from the $6 shirt advertisement dressed up to go LARPing who somehow found himself in the wrong game and ended up needing to play a Surfer Dude instead of the Level 9 Dwarf King he was dressed as.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
Shigwarm wrote:Does anybody else see the cryptic face just above the dude's head, in the clouds?

That was the most identifiable thing on this shirt when I first looked at it!

Ooooh, and look. My box is a pretty green now... can't wait until I get to purple!

Dominitus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Dominitus
eHalcyon wrote:But their armor wasn't made of tin, was it?

Could be bronze, that has tin in it.

SkittishPixie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SkittishPixie
yankeebird wrote:That was the most identifiable thing on this shirt when I first looked at it!

Ooooh, and look. My box is a pretty green now... can't wait until I get to purple!

This may be a stupid question, but you can tell by the color of my box that I'm rather new here. Is it possible to order more than one shirt design in one order or must they all be ordered separately?
Who stole my shopping cart?

Icemank91

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Icemank91
SkittishPixie wrote:This may be a stupid question, but you can tell by the color of my box that I'm rather new here. Is it possible to order more than one shirt design in one order or must they all be ordered separately?

You can only order up to 3 shirts an order. They have to all be the same shirt.

tehooper

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tehooper

Hang tin makes me think of someone putting up a tin roof. Not a surfboarding viking.

Tweakish

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tweakish

Does anyone else think he looks like he's completely wasted?

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
SkittishPixie wrote:This may be a stupid question, but you can tell by the color of my box that I'm rather new here. Is it possible to order more than one shirt design in one order or must they all be ordered separately?

Yeah, unfortunately Woot doesn't offer a shopping cart. It's not a big deal for people in the USA (free shipping) but it hurts a little for international customers like myself. Of course, it's not as big a deal once you've been around a while since I won't be buying from the reckoning list as often.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

shakedowndave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shakedowndave

anyone else remember when shirt.woot didn't suck every day?

DamnThoseWiffyDogs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DamnThoseWiffyDogs

He kind of looks like Arthur from "Ghosts n' Goblins."

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
FlashPratt wrote:Sometimes I see things that hurt the nerd inside me.

I'm writing that down. :D

homeschoolwinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner
JadenKale wrote:The awesomeness is hidden behind the black... look really hard for it.

Good god, I can't see it. And it's making me feel really stupid.

Am I supposed to cross my eyes or something?

"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE

This is pretty awful.

taraxgoesxboom

quality posts: 3 Private Messages taraxgoesxboom

Oh... wow, I'm not amused by this at all.

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
taraxgoesxboom wrote:Oh... wow, I'm not amused by this at all.

I am.

The comments, that is.

ClaudiaM

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ClaudiaM

The description text is awesome indeed.

The shirt? Eh.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
homeschoolwinner wrote:Good god, I can't see it. And it's making me feel really stupid.

Am I supposed to cross my eyes or something?

Yeah, it's just like those 3D pictures... you have to focus just past the normal line of site to see it.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
tehooper wrote:Hang tin makes me think of someone putting up a tin roof. Not a surfboarding viking.

vikings didn't wear feathers in their helmets did they?

and not to harp on it too much. but the feathers are supose to be bigger makes the knight look more knightley? right?

greydove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greydove
kenforst wrote:The image is weirdly esoteric and cryptic and has that neo-underground comic feel and the contrast makes it a chore to figure it out and so therefore I can't see myself dancing to it.
But the commentary is brilliant.

umwhut?

homeschoolwinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner
JadenKale wrote:Yeah, it's just like those 3D pictures... you have to focus just past the normal line of site to see it.

I tried...I saw a dragon. I think I'm doing it wrong.

I give up. I'm gonna go make a cake.

"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles