ab4dd0n

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ab4dd0n

Perfect shirt, being New Comics Day and all, might have to spread this info around. About to get my local shop to buy three.

Being in the same state as woot is pretty cool...until I have to pay sales tax

espetrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages espetrell

Is there supposed to be some joke here or something? I don't get it at ALL.

broonum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages broonum

I'm a HUGE Chris Ware fan. I've been excited about this shirt since I got the email over the weekend. I stayed up until 1AM eastern last night to get a look at the shirt. I have to say, I too am somewhat underwhelmed. I was really hoping for something a bit more colorful or detailed, given Ware's normal style. I don't live in Michigan; the 826 Onward Robots inside joke has no meaning for me. If you want broad support for the organization and shirt, choose a design with broader appeal!!

homeschoolwinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner
theinfinityloop wrote:Oh. My. God.

That cake will be mine in the near future.

It is SO GOOD. I just had some for breakfast. It's even better the next day.

Make it as soon as is humanly possible. It's not terribly hard to make and the ingredients are very common and cheap.

(I'm sorry I keep going off topic in this thread about this damn cake. It's just so freaking good I can't help myself)

"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles

roundidiot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roundidiot

This is totally unfair, I don't need any more shirts but I love Chris Ware so much...not fair.

coldclock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coldclock

I'm in for one. I think the design is solid and there's no real need for "pop" or wacky colors. Chris is amazing.

Thanks Woot and thanks Chris Ware.

hookajoe

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hookajoe

Sounds like a fantastic organization, and my little boy will be super-cute in this shirt! If I can drop $20 on three mystery shirts, I can feel good about spending half that on a shirt that doesn't thrill me, yet gives something to a great cause.

danduhman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages danduhman

I haven't been too enthused lately to purchase any shirts... kinda sad. I guess none of them lately strike my fancy.

camelsamba

quality posts: 2 Private Messages camelsamba

While I haven't been on "This American Life", I have been inside 826michigan, and I have photos of the Liberty Street Robot Supply & Repair facility in my Flickr photostream! Awesome community resource, well worth your support.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
Jestik wrote:I've been trying to figure out why the robot is wearing wooden dutch clogs.

Perhaps he rescued a turtle recently.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

Nizo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nizo

What's with the robot theme? Unless they are dancing robots should not be on shirts.

w00zle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages w00zle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjnbd938npM

Robots, robots who help people, are the luckiest robots...

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

i think the past few shirts on woot have been consistent with chronic depression. woot, there's help if you only ask for it.

meanwhile i'm going to wear my shirts that have some colour.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 8 Private Messages benjaminleebates
danduhman wrote:I haven't been too enthused lately to purchase any shirts... kinda sad. I guess none of them lately strike my fancy.

What would strike your fancy!?
And are battery chrges envolved...LOL

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
AdderXYU wrote:it should stand to reason, then, that you'll read all about it when it prints. I'm good for that ;)

Ah, well I keep up with what's actually printed through their weekly newsletter. But if it weren't for you, I would not know to mourn if they didn't print it for some reason. So thanks for that.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

osustunter08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages osustunter08
hooplife33 wrote:Wow! I can not believe that Woot got Chris Ware to design a shirt. He's an absolute genius. I'm in for 2.

It would have been even better if they got Chris Ware to design a good shirt.

brossow

quality posts: 4 Private Messages brossow

Ware has all those accolades but still no appreciation of the need for a comma in direct address. It should read, "ONWARD, ROBOTS!"

http://www.grammarerrors.com/punctuation.html

Call me a grammar N-a-z-i if you like, but such fundamental punctuation errors drive me nuts. :-\

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
brossow wrote:Ware has all those accolades but still no appreciation of the need for a comma in direct address. It should read, "ONWARD, ROBOTS!"

http://www.grammarerrors.com/punctuation.html

Call me a grammar N-a-z-i if you like, but such fundamental punctuation errors drive me nuts. :-\

This is why Sharpies were invented ...

brossow

quality posts: 4 Private Messages brossow
endangeredomega wrote:This is why Sharpies were invented ...

Nah. Then the spacing is wrong. LOL! ;-)

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

I'm not crazy about the text on the shirt- it would be so much cooler without it. BUT I still think having Chris Ware on here just made woot 30 cool-points cooler. This guy has won Eisners! Jimmy Corrigan is one of the most famous and acclaimed graphic novels ever- maybe not for the Love Hina and Dragonball Z crowds, of course, but for the cool kids and intellectual types ;)

randomthinks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages randomthinks

The shirt is cool, and I agree that asphalt is a gloomy color, but any other color would have looked out of place with the theme. Rock on 826 Michigan! In for one to support the cause.

imsochady

quality posts: 30 Private Messages imsochady
rglee129 wrote:maybe not for the Love Hina and Dragonball Z crowds, of course,

Love Hina, heheh...

CardinalGoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein

Love them bots - I'm in for one...

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12

Just bought one to make a rad Chris Ware pillow out of

Thanks Woot!

DarkDrag0n

quality posts: 7 Private Messages DarkDrag0n

Yea, that's just what I want to show on my shirt, instructions to assemble a ghetto soup-can robot.

DarkDrag0n

quality posts: 7 Private Messages DarkDrag0n
jenniem2000 wrote:I'm a volunteer at 826michigan, and as you probably surmised from the blog post, our store is called Liberty Street Robot Supply & Repair. It is, IMHO, the MOST AWESOME robot store in the world!! "Onward Robots!" has become the catch phrase for this little operation

So Chris Ware designed this shirt for your little store/volunteer organization/kid community and Woot got the extras, is that what you're saying? It's hard to tell because your post turns into one long advertisement.

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004

Sorry. I don't see anything interesting at all about this shirt.

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

suzika

quality posts: 8 Private Messages suzika

Cute but the husband said no more shirts for him for awhile. hmph

easysailor

quality posts: 25 Private Messages easysailor

kudos to Chris Ware for making it to shirt.woot, but none of his "achievements" will save him from this disaster of a shirt.

I live paycheck to paycheck thanks to woot.

superheman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superheman

Probably one of the worst shirts i've seen on here, i'd be ashamed to have my name attached to it.

f7eleven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages f7eleven

this weeks' dailies have not been very colorful so far. black on white, then white on black, now gray on gray...

fdillich

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fdillich

I want to be able to get paid 1000 dollars to draw utter trash like this shirt. I'm immensely disappointed shirt.woot.

At least i get to check who wins derbies, the NON feces spawned stuff

easysailor

quality posts: 25 Private Messages easysailor

this shirt also reminds me of all the robot movies that have been made.

I live paycheck to paycheck thanks to woot.

Rsimianer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rsimianer

don't quite get the shirt...

utaka95

quality posts: 1 Private Messages utaka95

I can't believe all the negative posts about this design, especially after some of the absolute garbage I've seen make it on Woot shirts. A lot of you need to grow up, it's for a good cause and nobody cares what you think about it. Didn't your Mother tell you "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"?

(climbs down off soapbox)

Slydon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

brossow wrote:Ware has all those accolades but still no appreciation of the need for a comma in direct address. It should read, "ONWARD, ROBOTS!"

what if onward is the company that makes these robots

what will your grammar do then

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

angiemarmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angiemarmo

cute shirt!

66 Woots and counting!!!!

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
utaka95 wrote:I can't believe all the negative posts about this design, especially after some of the absolute garbage I've seen make it on Woot shirts. A lot of you need to grow up, it's for a good cause and nobody cares what you think about it. Didn't your Mother tell you "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"?

(climbs down off soapbox)

If It's for a good cause most people would like the cause to be put on the shirt, as to promote the cause . who would look at this shirt and say "what is the cause that that shirt represents?" none, they would look and say "robots?.... great nerd."
EDIT: and you can say "this shirt was designed by chris ware!!" and they can say "WHO'S that?"

Dellis1497

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dellis1497
ChefRAZ wrote:If It's for a good cause most people would like the cause to be put on the shirt, as to promote the cause . who would look at this shirt and say "what is the cause that that shirt represents?" none, they would look and say "robots?.... great nerd."
EDIT: and you can say "this shirt was designed by chris ware!!" and they can say "WHO'S that?"

That doesn't explain the utter bile being spat at this shirt and its artist. It seems really extreme, especially when placed against the scaffolding that people gush over (or at least don't actively heap scorn on). Really uncalled for.

freemdoom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freemdoom

Chris Ware is my idol, I'm so glad I clicked the woot news mail I got today!