redban

quality posts: 2 Private Messages redban

hmm if it didnt have the hat and glove I would have bought it. Which defeats the idea of the shirt. Oh well..

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
adamsw216 wrote:What exactly makes Mario spicy?

I believe "It's a spicy meatball" is something Mario actually says in one of the games (for the N64?) or something. At the very least, it's a common line whenever I hear people doing Mario impersonations.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Johnnya475

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Johnnya475
xxchange wrote:Oh. Well, I'm not sorry to see you go, Mario.

That *is* Mario, right? I will admit I hate video games. I remember I saw something similar to this in a previous derby. I voted for it but then I realized it had a video game reference. I hate when that happens. Like the lying cake shirt. Took the longest time for someone to say to me, "Hey, that's a video game, right?" and I was like, "What?" I felt totally stupid.

I still hate video games.

Someone lied to you. The cakes not the lie!

11/14/08 3 Kingston 2gb SD Cards | 10/23/08 3 Screaming Monkey with Woot Cape | 10/23/08 3 Bacon Salt - 4 Pack | 10/23/08 3 Random Crap | 10/22/08 3 Monster USB Cable | 10/22/08 1 iRobot Roomba 418 | 9/24/08 1 Targus Wireless Notebook Bundle | 9/15/08 1 iRobot Roomba 418 | 8/20/08 1 Sandisk Sansa e260 4GB | 7/29/08 3 Kingston 2GB Micro SD Card | 6/20/08 3 Mighty Kite Mini-Kite | 6/20/08 1 Razer m100 Pro|Solutions Protone Earphones | 5/2/28 1 Reebok Precision Trainer XT Heart Rate Monitor

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Sigh. Another Nintendo winner. Congrats, but seriously, I got enough Nintendo shirts...

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew
eHalcyon wrote:I believe "It's a spicy meatball" is something Mario actually says in one of the games (for the N64?) or something. At the very least, it's a common line whenever I hear people doing Mario impersonations.

One of the most famous television commercials of all time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErgdUhZteqw

stormbreakerster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stormbreakerster

I voted for this shirt! My first participation in the derby and it got 1st! XD

Added to my collection.

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange
Johnnya475 wrote:Someone lied to you. The cakes not the lie!

That doesn't make me feel better. But thank you for trying.

I now hate Twinkies too.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

Johnnya475

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Johnnya475
eHalcyon wrote:I believe "It's a spicy meatball" is something Mario actually says in one of the games (for the N64?) or something. At the very least, it's a common line whenever I hear people doing Mario impersonations.

"That's a spicy-a meatball" is from an old commercial for Alka-Selzter where an actor has to keep eating a meatball and saying the line until he needs something for his upset stomach.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErgdUhZteqw

11/14/08 3 Kingston 2gb SD Cards | 10/23/08 3 Screaming Monkey with Woot Cape | 10/23/08 3 Bacon Salt - 4 Pack | 10/23/08 3 Random Crap | 10/22/08 3 Monster USB Cable | 10/22/08 1 iRobot Roomba 418 | 9/24/08 1 Targus Wireless Notebook Bundle | 9/15/08 1 iRobot Roomba 418 | 8/20/08 1 Sandisk Sansa e260 4GB | 7/29/08 3 Kingston 2GB Micro SD Card | 6/20/08 3 Mighty Kite Mini-Kite | 6/20/08 1 Razer m100 Pro|Solutions Protone Earphones | 5/2/28 1 Reebok Precision Trainer XT Heart Rate Monitor

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange
stormbreakerster wrote:I voted for this shirt! My first participation in the derby and it got 1st! XD

Added to my collection.

Magic touch! Vote for all my favorites next time, please.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith

I bet Bowser was a little irritated.

"I spent HOW much on airships, trap filled castles, and thousands of minions only to have that guy devoured by a POTTED PLANT?!?!?!?"

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

espetrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages espetrell
january wrote:I don't get it. I thought those flowers only came out of those tube things.

Maybe it's just me.

Isn't it coming out of a tube thing? It looks like it. It's a good shirt, but I won't buy it.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
espetrell wrote:Isn't it coming out of a tube thing? It looks like it. It's a good shirt, but I won't buy it.

Nope... coming out of a pot.

Edit: Least that's the way I saw it.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

ewtye

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ewtye

Kinda morbid. At least in the game you could just start over. Mario and Luigi never died. Plus the one glove kind of reminds me of Michael Jackson.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 224 Private Messages kylemittskus

High five for copyright infringement since this isn't a parody at all!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Wooters sure looove Mario!
Even when he's been eaten.

Congrats Lkackman!

goomer4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goomer4

From my confirmation e-mail..."Your order number 275***** for 1 Spicy Italian Meatball has been received by Woot on 9/4/2009" I thought I was ordering a T-Shirt...but I guess I only get food... ;P

AzNSenSAzN

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AzNSenSAzN

well... at least it wasn't a Goomba. those things always get me! :[

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
matthew wrote:One of the most famous television commercials of all time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErgdUhZteqw

Ahh. I learned something new today.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Mawgy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mawgy

This is not Mario. See the 'G' on the cap? Its georgio. In the late 70's a close personal friend of Shigeru Miyamoto, invented a tragic tale of a kidnapped princess, and our hero georgio, who had to fight many evils in the vain effort to try to save her. The red plant which spewed fire hotter than the sun was the perpetrator of this heinous crime. After the defeat of the plants number 1 minion, A giant Lizard named Reswob, with the princess in Georgio's arms, The great evil showed up, and the events of this shirt took place.

Little is known about what became of the princess, many suspect she was eaten whole along with her beau. Some even hypothesize that the evil plant used her to breed an invincible race of plant monsters that were not constricted to their pipes and could walk on two legs.

Miyamoto, never a fan of tragedies remade the story into what became a happy go lucky videogame, where a character with infinite lives/continues, could always come back until he mustered the skill necessary to defeat the new boss of evil, a Lizard known as Bowser. The evil plant's brethren were relegated to be just an every day run of the mill enemy.

Needless to say The progenitor of the story, Unhappy with the changes made and not receiving any of the profits made, promptly tried to sue Miyamoto.

He was found in his home, apparent death was food poisoning caused by highly toxic mushrooms. Miyamoto's Mario became an international hit. No mention of any character named georgio, or the evil Plant boss was ever mentioned till now.

So you see there is no copyright infringment found here. Nintendo is not going to dig up their shady past in order to bring the lawsuit to bear.

neonix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neonix

Uh oh. Looks like they're gonna have to cancel Super Mario Galaxy 2.

dslevy27

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dslevy27

So, it ate the shoes and overalls including buttons, but the hat and glove were going to give it indigestion?! If it's that hungry, it should finish its meal.

[/over-analysis]

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
dslevy27 wrote:So, it ate the shoes and overalls including buttons, but the hat and glove were going to give it indigestion?! If it's that hungry, it should finish its meal.

[/over-analysis]

The gloves must have been the spicy part. That's why it spit one out.

ewtye

Mawgy - how perceptive of you to notice the 'G' on the hat. I think we all saw the red hat and thought it was Mario.

Also, I'd never heard about Georgio? Is that for real or did you make it up?

dpbowl842

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dpbowl842

So...

I have 2 Mario/Nintendo shirts already in:

Plumber in the style of Rembrandt
and
Press My Buttons

Do I really need another? I mean my collection is lacking a grass green shirt...

I think I'll sleep on it.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
ewtye wrote:Mawgy - how perceptive of you to notice the 'G' on the hat. I think we all saw the red hat and thought it was Mario.

Also, I'd never heard about Georgio? Is that for real or did you make it up?

Well, Reswob is bowser backwards so, I'm guessing not.

ewtye

ChefRAZ wrote:Well, Reswob is bowser backwards so, I'm guessing not.

So what does the 'G' stand for then?

imsochady

quality posts: 14 Private Messages imsochady

chiefaofdareefa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chiefaofdareefa
ewtye wrote:So what does the 'G' stand for then?

It isn't supposed to be a 'G', just the left side of the 'M' on the hat (the 'M' is red and outlined with white)

Artemus311

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Artemus311

Oh, no. He didn't make it.
Sweet. Very clever design and to the point.

It's nice to see some cool video game shirts being made.
I usually check out http://www.casuallyhardcore.net/ and http://www.1upshirts.com/ for video game shirts, among other sites.

SuperNinja

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja
chucky3456 wrote:Wheres the sacrificial Yoshi when you need it?

adamantypants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamantypants

The key to creating a successful woot shirt: Make it video game related.

I'm only irritated by it now after buying probably half a dozen other game-related shirts.

alienfreak2003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alienfreak2003

whats with the hat and glove? it doesnt look as smooth as the plant. Will it print like that?

nitrousoxide52

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nitrousoxide52
xxchange wrote:That doesn't make me feel better. But thank you for trying.

I now hate Twinkies too.

Just thought I'd let you know that Woot in and of itself is a video game reference. About time you were hittin' the old dusty trail I suppose.

SuperNinja

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja
xxchange wrote:Oh. Well, I'm not sorry to see you go, Mario.

That *is* Mario, right? I will admit I hate video games. I remember I saw something similar to this in a previous derby. I voted for it but then I realized it had a video game reference. I hate when that happens. Like the lying cake shirt. Took the longest time for someone to say to me, "Hey, that's a video game, right?" and I was like, "What?" I felt totally stupid.

I still hate video games.

Most people that hate games hate them because they find out they are no good at them.

duckcake

quality posts: 44 Private Messages duckcake
january wrote:I don't get it. I thought those flowers only came out of those tube things.

Maybe it's just me.

they do, but that would be too close to copyrighting.

Hi people =þ

weasalbalwarrior

quality posts: 7 Private Messages weasalbalwarrior

Wait a second...that's no ordinary mario plant...that's the Little Shop of Horrors Plant! Audrey II ate Mario!! Noooooo!!!!!

eggwolio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eggwolio
SuperNinja wrote:Most people that hate games hate them because they find out they are no good at them.

I'm terrible at games and that's why I love them. True story.

Also, did anyone else get the e-mail from Nintendo today about the new Mario & Luigi game for the DS? The email was titled, "What's short, round, and tastes like a mustache?"

Seriously, Woot. You creep me out sometimes.

footfeet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages footfeet

If the hat was accurate and had an 'M' on it, I'd be in for one. Alas...

xtel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xtel

simple, yet great design. bought one.

mauldon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mauldon
redban wrote:hmm if it didnt have the hat and glove I would have bought it. Which defeats the idea of the shirt. Oh well..

im pretty sure the whole thing wouldn't be funny without the hat and glove