mauldon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mauldon
weasalbalwarrior wrote:Wait a second...that's no ordinary mario plant...that's the Little Shop of Horrors Plant! Audrey II ate Mario!! Noooooo!!!!!

i love that movie! that would be such an awesome way to die!

shell6a

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shell6a

Brilliant is all I can say... LOLZ...

BaddaFella

quality posts: 3 Private Messages BaddaFella

Dude.. he didn't duck!

CHensler2009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CHensler2009

Am I crazy or something? I notice some comments about no "M" on the hat. Isn't there half of an M there that I see?

I like the design, but probably wouldn't wear this on a shirt.

I'll be interested to see how copyright people like this.

iamjakex

quality posts: 11 Private Messages iamjakex

Great shirt! I'm in for 1

SoloTSi97

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SoloTSi97

Curse you woot! I swore I would never buy my sons and I matching clothes!

*sigh*

In for 3.

GwenMarie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GwenMarie
madatthe wrote:FEEEEEEEED me Seymore!

wow, that was exactly what I was thinking, but I didn't know how many people here would get the Little Shop reference

My woots: Screaming Monkey, Random Crap, Sandisk Sansa View 8GB
Shirt woots: Now Let Me Get This Straight, Happy Birthday to Us, Hungry Bento, Jimmy... Is That You?, Tuesday is Gonna be Rough, Friends are Forever, Donut Panic!, Random Shirt, Ghosties, You are a Pirate!, Pirate Exercise, Random Shirt, PAINata, Cake or Pi?, Nevermore

slyphox

quality posts: 6 Private Messages slyphox

If the glove doesn't fit... You must acquit.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
— Jeremy Clarkson

Ozzie2191

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Ozzie2191

Odd coincidences:

Today I got an email from Nintendo (marketing email) that has this as the title line -

David, what's short, round, and tastes like a mustache?

Eerie!

**Witty signature fail**Out of cheese error**Redo from start**

kipin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kipin

In for one. Congrats artist!

kwilder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwilder

St. Cloud! Holy scaffolding! Way to go to someone from my old hometown!

EeveeFanboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EeveeFanboy

The size of the pipe makes me realize something... Fake pipes are actually pots. A potted plant. It all makes sense now. Why would a vicious plant come from a pipe? Obviously, it wouldn't. "But what about the pipes that you can go down that have a pirahna plant?" you say. It's a trick of perspective. There was a potted plant BEHIND the pipe! "What about the 3D Marios?" What about them? Mario was trippin' on 'shrooms by that point. Everything in the Super Mario Bros. series is perfectly believable.
[arbitrary line break]
Mario was just a simple plumber doing his job. In his world, they didn't have cars, so he had to walk to work. Ants were trying to carry off the mushrooms back to their colonies, but Mario has a deep fear and hatred for ants. If he doesn't squish them (or burn them) and comes in close contact with them, he will become small and cowardly, to the point of running away (and having to start the level over again). Mushroom powerups, that is simply because Mario is a growing boy. He needs his nutritious mushrooms (though in latter parts of his life, he has serious hallucinations)! As for coins, we all find quarters lying on the ground sometimes. But that's chump change. We still need a job, you know. The Koopas are simply turtles undergoing evolution. Mario is a strong Christian, so he makes sure evolution doesn't happen (sorry for those I offend). Hammer Bros are the construction workers, but they're pretty clumsy. Poor Mario needs to watch out more often. Latikus are actually bomber planes, but we perceive them as clouds because of the trail of smoke left behind. These bombs are prototype biomechanical weapons though, so even if you're not hit on the way down, they'll rush into you and make you push the pointy-shaped trigger. Why are Latikus bombing you though? They're Bowser's minion of course!
[failed attempt at making paragraphs]
Now onto the castles. Mario's got to fix their major plumbing problem. The first tricky part is getting past their security. You have to pull down a white flag to gain clearance. However, sometimes you will find yourself jumping too high to reach the flag, and it sets off the castle's anti-air defense. Then, once you get in, the servant tells you that the mistress is located in another castle, who is the person that pays you.

After you're in the castle, you have to go underground, where all pipes lead, to fix the problem. And that's simple enough. Water is what comes from the leaked pipe. Oh, the things we must go through for our duties (hehe).

Then lastly we've got Bowser. He's the leader of the hired mob. "Hired mob? But why?" Mario is Italian, of course. He loves his pizza. He works hard like the pizza delivery boys and promises his services (his plumbing, that is. No dirty thoughts!) delivered in 30 minutes or less. Peach hired Bowser to slow Mario down so she wouldn't have to pay him for all of his hard work. *gasp!*

And that concludes the story of why Mario is a believable story. Why did I write that again? Oh yeah, because I'm tired but I must stay awake. Thank you Woot, for allowing me to waste time that I have too much of.

Oh, and nice shirt.

Octavionus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Octavionus

oh dang, no more mario games...looks like I'm just going to have to sit in my basement and play super mario 64 over and over again

enzobot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enzobot

awesome design, seriously. too bad i'd never be caught dead in a grass colored tee.. it matches nothing.. lets ban grass color tee's please.. there are better greens, especially ones that don't fade, aka KELLY GREEN. or olive even.. heck.. i have never seen a purple woot tee. i demand some more variety! i've got over 100 of these shirts, i at least need one royal purple shirt for my collection. blahh. i'm just tired of missin' out on awesome designs because of this shirt color.. LET's make like a drug free ad, and PASS on that GRASS.

sorry for the rant.. IKACKMAN, rock on.

cantstopthesignal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cantstopthesignal

Why is the "I Want One" yellow button bouncing on the front page?

Has anyone else noticed this?

uncchris

quality posts: 6 Private Messages uncchris
cantstopthesignal wrote:Why is the "I Want One" yellow button bouncing on the front page?

No. I suggest having your vision checked.

ShayanThePersian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShayanThePersian
cantstopthesignal wrote:Why is the "I Want One" yellow button bouncing on the front page?

It means it's about to sell out.

Wow, this sold out faster than that chemist one too. Congratulations to the author and shirt.woot. It didn't really entice me, but meh, I guess others liked it.

moofox6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moofox6
ShayanThePersian wrote:It means it's about to sell out.

Wow, this sold out faster than that chemist one too. Congratulations to the author and shirt.woot. It didn't really entice me, but meh, I guess others liked it.

Wow =/ I should of logged on earlier. I really wanted this shirt too

Congratulations to the artist, I bet this will stick around for a while!

Roboram

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Roboram

I knew I should have gotten it right away...

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman

THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT SUPPORTED THIS DESIGN!
I had no idea it was going to sell out so quickly.

Thanks!
Luke Kackman

hudsm9589

quality posts: 8 Private Messages hudsm9589

Well, I know I bought it 2 seconds after viewing the picture at 12:02 last night. On my cell phone because I was driving.

That's how much I like this shirt, enough to get in a terrible car accident over.

Thunderscat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thunderscat

ah, man!

PLEASE REPRINT THIS!!!

Does anyone know how I can get one of these? I just checked and saw that this was sold out!!!

Shingalana

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Shingalana
srs12 wrote:you can't be serious... first for copying a video game theme. congrats to the artist nevertheless.

There has been SO many video game inspired shirts on here that it isn't even funny. I find them pretty great, myself. Unfortunately I didn't see this one til it was already sold out.

chris12345

quality posts: 25 Private Messages chris12345
Thunderscat wrote:ah, man!

PLEASE REPRINT THIS!!!

Does anyone know how I can get one of these? I just checked and saw that this was sold out!!!

It will be available at midnight central time for $15 here.

Portions of this comment have been redacted.

samuelnyc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages samuelnyc
wootasourous wrote:You can still buy it.... for a nominal fee.

where? link?

thanks!

ed: the link provided in the previous message does not work. i'm looking to purchase the pinata/kid shirt.

sirgrim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sirgrim

Sweet deal. Good thing I didn't procrastinate on this one and ordered first thing this morning.

Thanks!

chris12345

quality posts: 25 Private Messages chris12345
samuelnyc wrote:where? link?

thanks!

ed: the link provided in the previous message does not work. i'm looking to purchase the pinata/kid shirt.

In WootBot's first post to the forums for each shirt, you'll see a link to the "ongoing sale". That ongoing sale is here.

Portions of this comment have been redacted.

Matt7781

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Matt7781

IN!

I actually woke up last night to use the bathroom, figured this would have been derby champ, and bought one because i knew it would be a sellout.

raebee

quality posts: 21 Private Messages raebee
chris12345 wrote:In WootBot's first post to the forums for each shirt, you'll see a link to the "ongoing sale". That ongoing sale is here.

You can also check the reckoning list for other good shirts by clicking reckoning at the top of your screen.

Where do you find a Roomba? At the Innba!

mattlscc

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mattlscc
Mawgy wrote:This is not Mario. See the 'G' on the cap? Its georgio.

Neat story... but only problem is I only see the beginnings of a 'M' on the cap.

mattlscc

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mattlscc

This is a cool shirt... wasn't my top pick of the Derby, but hey... a good choice none the less.

Jaiyla

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jaiyla

Very cool shirt - def not my style. All the shirts really weren't girly enough for me

toughguy5128

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toughguy5128
Gatzby wrote:Not to burst your rage-filled bubble, but the on-going sale is right here.

Thanks Gatzby! I had a lil to drink last night and couldn't find where I could get the shirt after it was taken off the main page. I just purchased it

aleatorystory

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aleatorystory
ShayanThePersian wrote:It means it's about to sell out.

Yeah, it amazes me that this shirt sold out so fast when other, more original shirts that I thought were 10x better don't sell out at all. I mean, don't get me wrong, this is a well-drawn design, but it's just a Mario shirt. Then I looked at the other Derby contenders and realized it didn't have much of interesting competition. But still... I'm surprised it sold out.

Edit: I just looked one of the Mario shirt designer's other designs and liked it a lot. Apparently it needs voting support to be made, though. If you all liked his/her design so much, you should go to http://cameesa.com/support/design/202/little-people-dance-too and vote there so another shirt of theirs gets made.

FOXRCNG11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FOXRCNG11

designer is where i live... crazy... wonder if we know eachother

landsnark

quality posts: 10 Private Messages landsnark
prateeko wrote:I'm curious as to what happened to the other glove. Was the initial bite so forceful it knocked one glove off or what?

That's not just a glove, it's a hand. Haven't you ever dropped a crumb from something you were eating?

PerpetualKid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PerpetualKid
aleatorystory wrote:Yeah, it amazes me that this shirt sold out so fast when other, more original shirts that I thought were 10x better don't sell out at all. I mean, don't get me wrong, this is a well-drawn design, but it's just a Mario shirt. Then I looked at the other Derby contenders and realized it didn't have much of interesting competition. But still... I'm surprised it sold out.

So much word. Color me bumfoozled when I saw this tee had sold out. Not saying it isn't well done or a nifty design, but I dunno. I expected more from the Derby winner. *shrugs* To each their very own.

Shortstackefx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shortstackefx

Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw this on my way out for a doctor's appointment and was so excited to come home and order it but when I got home it was sold out!!!! Gah!

Stupid doctor's appointment.

Shortstackefx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shortstackefx
PerpetualKid wrote:So much word. Color me bumfoozled when I saw this tee had sold out. Not saying it isn't well done or a nifty design, but I dunno. I expected more from the Derby winner. *shrugs* To each their very own.

As a total video game nerd I wasn't really surprised at all... except that it sold out so fast I didn't get one of my own!

It may not be super fancy, but I feel like this shirt has a feel to it that's really comforting and reminiscent to a lot of people and I think that's why it sold out. My favorite designs here have always been the simple ones that make me smile over the more elaborate.

PerpetualKid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PerpetualKid
Shortstackefx wrote:As a total video game nerd I wasn't really surprised at all... except that it sold out so fast I didn't get one of my own!

It may not be super fancy, but I feel like this shirt has a feel to it that's really comforting and reminiscent to a lot of people and I think that's why it sold out. My favorite designs here have always been the simple ones that make me smile over the more elaborate.

See I'm a total video game nerd too. So I guess I'm kind of to the point where I have so many awesome game-inspired shirts that either it takes a lot to get me geeked or perhaps I'm simply kind of burned out.

It's a nice shirt with a nice design, like I said. Full props for that. But for me, its kind of "meh". It also pales in comparison IMHO to other designs that are more "Flora" than this one.