Re: Mucha Ado About Nothing.

Gorgeous work!

kdeuce

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce
Re: They Pick On Me

very cool. awesome detail.

leelaaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leelaaa
omnitarian wrote:This rejection is stinks.

it sure is

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

jel2301 wrote:Even though he didn't invent that style of hand, he's made it woot-famous, so this reminds me of thatrobert's Best Loser award.

Funny story, he had a contest to design it. I drew the BestLosers "award" hand...but as you said it's just a style. And certainly nothing to say belongs to anyone.

For the record it's the first thing I saw too.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

HujoeBigs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HujoeBigs
Re: The Binge

Now we know where all the cookies went.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Draike wrote:It's not a bluebird, though. It's a bird that happens to be blue. If this bird was a Blue Jay, or an Eastern Bluebird or even a Macaw, and not some might-be-a-pheonix-we're-not-sure random bird, then it probably would have stayed.

However I do agree with those who stated that there are other "just blue" entries that need to be rejected. You can't single this one out without taking down the others that are also violating the same rule.

Agreed.

Though I think this one was rejected on a "god this leaps into the vacuum" level as well. Which I would personally like to see more of.

Tanapangarap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tanapangarap
Re: Night of the Blue Eyed Lemurs

Nice shirt.

Get with The Program.

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
Re: I love my new blue suede shoes

"I love my new blue suede shoes"

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
tjost wrote:Not to be a downer but didn't you just have a green eggs and ham shirt print here back on June 7th, seems a bit repetitive. I liked the other one you did better, this one tried to be Seusian but didn't quite make it.

I actually created this design before the other one that printed here. At the time it still needed some work, so I put it on the back burner. The one for the BBQ derby was kind of derivative of this one, but I always liked this one much better. This one seemed like it really worked for this derby, so I dug it out, spent a day reworking it, and submitted it along with two other designs this week. It's not something that I would have come up with after already having the green eggs on the grill printed here. I try hard to come up with new ideas. I do. It's my favorite part of the design process.

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
darkkish wrote:This isn't sad or even blue, and the bird isn't playing a saxophone or a bass. There is a blurry blue flower behind it. I like this shirt design but if the other shirts break the rules, than this one does even more than the others. Stop playing favorites, and reject this one, or bring the others back. I'd prefer the latter.

A Blue Orchard is a real thing, so it is sticking to the theme. It does not need to be about only the "blues" in a music sense. If it were a random flower that was colored blue then you would be correct and it should be rejected.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik

Great use of the shirt color. Funny as heck, too. I hope this is parody enough to keep the IP police at bay

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
Re: Congratulations... You're a Winner!!!

I guess it does sorta look like the best losers thumb. That's not what I was going for though.

kokoroneko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kokoroneko
fablefire wrote:"I love my new blue suede shoes"

Awww look at the cute little turtle! I votey woteyd!

---------------------------
My face is one fire and my feet are made of waffles.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Re: Earth Juice

This design makes me smile. It's clever, and a great take on the theme.

KelleeMitchell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KelleeMitchell
joelterrific wrote:I'd love to hear the artist's justification for this being on topic.

I'm definitely not an artist, just a lowly buyer of woot merchandise.

That said, I fail to understand how any shirts can be rejected based on a very loose theme this week. It seems to me that when you say in the description that any interpretation of blue is okay, then the artist could say he or she was feeling blue when he or she created it and the result would meet the requirement.

pm1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pm1
joelterrific wrote:I'd love to hear the 'blue' connection here from the artist. Otherwise, I'll be sending the rejectorator.

This is ridiculous. We all know the seki hate that some of the crowd here, and even, apparently, the woot mods, harbor, but how can this shirt with a radiantly blue bird breaking out of a grey egg not encompass the theme of "blue"? If the shirt color was anything else, but the theme was the same, surely this would not have been rejected.

I wonder, then, what connection the van gogh starry night shirt has to "blue", what connection the blue orchid shirt has other than the flower being blue (which is, in my opinion, equivalent to the bird being blue), the connection cookie monster has other than happening to be colored blue (which is even less relevant to the theme than this shirt), etc.
If this remains rejected then I would say that at least a tenth of the shirts up right now deserve rejection for the same reasoning.

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard

lol votey woteyed indeed.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
pm1 wrote:This is ridiculous. We all know the seki hate that some of the crowd here, and even, apparently, the woot mods, harbor, but how can this shirt with a radiantly blue bird breaking out of a grey egg not encompass the theme of "blue"? If the shirt color was anything else, but the theme was the same, surely this would not have been rejected.

I wonder, then, what connection the van gogh starry night shirt has to "blue", what connection the blue orchid shirt has other than the flower being blue (which is, in my opinion, equivalent to the bird being blue), the connection cookie monster has other than happening to be colored blue (which is even less relevant to the theme than this shirt), etc.
If this remains rejected then I would say that at least a tenth of the shirts up right now deserve rejection for the same reasoning.

It is not ridiculous. It is off theme.

I agree, there are multiple designs that deserve to be slashed and have not based on the theme, but I blame this on loose derbyist conceptualization. Woot has gone derby upon derby stating "we don't pay attention to our own themes," and now they are getting strict, and too damn bad for anyone being cut down. I think it's appropriate that seki is among the first, given all the times she has flaunted her total lack of respect for theme. So while I agree with your commentary that more needs to go, I fully disagree that this should stay. There is only one "designer" who comes remotely close when it comes to off theme designs that stick around, and it is her boyfriend.

And really, it doesn't matter why woot rejected this. Woot got it right. No one with any true investment in this site wants to see more of this win.

darkkish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkkish
mikenytola wrote:A Blue Orchard is a real thing, so it is sticking to the theme. It does not need to be about only the "blues" in a music sense. If it were a random flower that was colored blue then you would be correct and it should be rejected.

Orchid* and there are such things as blue birds too.

Maybe it was this type of bird that got rejected.

Liam911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Liam911

Its funny how this is off topic... Its the Blue men group...

darkkish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkkish
Re: Color to your world

Woot! needs to be way clearer with their derby entry rules.

Are we talking about the color of light with wavelengths of roughly 440–490 nanometers? [...] Yes, all of it and more. Any shade of meaning of the word "blue" you desire is fair game this week.

So obviously it could be this kind of tropical blue bird. I have no idea what it's called. Since there are actually blue birds like this, I don't believe you can reject this on account of it not being blue related.

dsglaser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsglaser
Re: Blue Moon

Gees ramybo ... create controversy much? The quality, repetitiveness of your work aside (which I have no issue with)... you should be commended for your ability to accrue so many votes week after week. You seem to have a strong understanding of how to appeal to the woot voters. I dig that kind of intuition.

And to all you haters out there:
You should all rebel by voting for my Blue Fish designs ... stick it to the man y'all.

c0rr0s10n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages c0rr0s10n

wow a great shirt by drakxxx...rejected. there is no god.

stargirl6878

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stargirl6878
Re: Boys in Blue

i would hate to be wearing this shirt if i got pulled over...

stargirl6878

this is very cute...

stargirl6878

icymallard wrote:im not a ramyb hater, in fact i own a couple of his shirts.

however, im so damn tired of the vast amount of voters (and apparently buyers) who love his style and won't LET ME BUY ANY OTHER STYLES ON WOOT.

thats my biggest complaint.

i feel as if the community should work together to cycle through different artists and styles.

ive been wanting to wear a damned edgar shirt for a long time since i already own RAMYB style shirts, but it never happens.

EVER.

why are so many ppl buying this 1 style?

i dont feel cool wearing that style anymore.

i feel like everyone else lol.
and feeling everyone else is pretty gross sometimes...

/rant

well, there are always 2 other winners to chose from in each derby...

so saying "im so damn tired of the vast amount of voters (and apparently buyers) who love his style and won't LET ME BUY ANY OTHER STYLES ON WOOT" is not a true statement...the voters are just not voting for what you want to buy i guess...

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
SydsKid wrote:This one is 5,000 times more wearable than the other one was (I couldn't believe that other ugly shirt won). This one is AWESOME!

Thanks a lot!!!

stargirl6878

Re: Men in Blue...

hope you guys like it...

animatedbox

quality posts: 2 Private Messages animatedbox

"Rejected because: So this contains the color blue, but that's the only reference I see."

Where in the derby rules does it say that you need more than one reference? The subject of the drawing is the bird, and the bird is blue. How does that not fit the very loosely constructed theme of the derby?

stargirl6878

binkdrop

quality posts: 8 Private Messages binkdrop
Re: The Breaks

I can't help but wonder how all of these halftones on top of halftones would print. It sure seems to be a whole lot of halftones! Maybe you could post a detail shot just to see how small those suckers are? I like the colors, and the feel and movement of the piece. The wave does look a bit too solid for my liking though. Looks like you're doing quite well in the derby though, so good luck!

Kiwii

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kiwii
Re: A Clue?

Oh man, I need this.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

Now this isn't a copyright issue because it's parody. See the difference? No need to get upset at people who are just pointing out the rules.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

Now it's not only a horrible shirt; it makes no sense!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

RavenFair

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RavenFair
Re: Deep Blue Sea

Thanks for the view, comments and votes. I'm really appreciate it...thanks again

atshephe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atshephe
Re: Blue, Its whats for dinner

Well, I guess that is that. Thanks again to those that voted for this.

rudyrudell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rudyrudell

This should not have been rejected. I would have totally bought this one. It's definitly relative to the theme.

airs0ft3r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages airs0ft3r
Re: Blue abstract and snake

One of the cooler designs I've seen. It's nice seeing a change.

rudyrudell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rudyrudell
Re: It was nothing, really.

i can't really tell what's going on with the bluejays eyes.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: The Old Blue Whale

The more I look at this, the more the quality jumps out at me. My favorite design in a while. I really want to buy this one.