MasterHicarbdicke

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MasterHicarbdicke

This is one of the best shirts I've ever seen on Woot! I'm in for at least one.

iGGz

quality posts: 7 Private Messages iGGz

I haven't bought a Woot shirt in quite a long time, but I just had to get this one.

Awesome design... thanks and congrats Tjost

i am woot's god.

You're the giant Ken Jennings head? HOW DID YOU GET OUT?

bigruch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigruch

oh man, I took a quick look at this and I thought he failed the gallon challenge

Also...this will be my first shirt from here. Pretty pumped

softball29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages softball29

I haven't checked as often as I'd like for the shirts ... but I am so glad I clicked today. Bought this one right away. Awesome!

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88

Imagine if this was the consequence of a cookie binge? You wake up, as the monster.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

DAC505

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DAC505

This is going to go great with my other T In for 1!!

DrkRonin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages DrkRonin

Yep. I think im gonna get this shirt, and wear it to work ....

Boss: "hey.. thats not our security shirt!"
me: "No but it is a sesame place shirt"
Boss: "..oh.. wait.. really?"

yes thats right dear Wootians.. I work at the place of sesame.. and yes Poor cookie monster will be ok.. those rumers flying around of him getting shanked..well i cant discuss that, but he's doing good in rehab now.. We're hopping to get him back by the start of next season!

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

psh. lightweight.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

iwearnosox

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iwearnosox

This is what caused Steve Jobs to find a new liver.

calewallace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calewallace

C is for cookie, that's good enough for me!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
thejakeyl88 wrote:Imagine if this was the consequence of a cookie binge? You wake up, as the monster.

The bigger consequence would be to wake up as the monster and then realize there's a hand up your ass.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

Wow... bouncy, in two hours. Impressive and congrats!

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
yankeebird wrote:Wow... bouncy, in two hours. Impressive and congrats!

Thanks, now if this continues past today I'll be REAAALLY happy

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
JadenKale wrote:There's no text. we weren't allowed to use text this week.

Though, since this is (allegedly) cookie monster, I bet it would say:
♫ 'C' is for Cookie that's good enough for me
'C' is for Cookie that's good enough for me
'C' is for Cookie that's good enough for me
Oh! cookies, cookies, cookies are all in me ♪

But I'm just paraphrasing

(and yes, I know I switched up the last line).

lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhUFxaauNTE

princessdiablo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages princessdiablo

What is the record for a sellout? Inside of three hours is the fastest I've seen on shirt woot.

JadenKale

tjost wrote:Thanks, now if this continues past today I'll be REAAALLY happy

Psh... you used a familiar '80s character from a popular '80s kids show. It'll stay at the top of the chart for a few weeks unless either of the otaku twins win next week.

tjost

princessdiablo wrote:What is the record for a sellout? Inside of three hours is the fastest I've seen on shirt woot.

I don't know but there's less then 200 shirts left now...

JadenKale

princessdiablo wrote:What is the record for a sellout? Inside of three hours is the fastest I've seen on shirt woot.

The fastest was Cool Breeze selling out in 19 minutes.

Aracos

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Aracos

Cursed bouncing button, I was trying to cut back, but was on the fence for this design. The bounce got me to click the button for 2 even though the first submission failed and I had to click buy again. I thought it sold out while I was picking the sizes. Congrats on the imminent sellout Tjost.

JadenKale

tjost wrote:I don't know but there's less then 200 shirts left now...

It always bounces at 200 left. At least when the sale amount is 3000.

tjost

JadenKale wrote:Psh... you used a familiar '80s character from a popular '80s kids show. It'll stay at the top of the chart for a few weeks unless either of the otaku twins win next week.

Hi Jaden, I'm not familiar with your work but before you go whipping out comments like that why don't you look at the derby entries. I had 3 in there, this one got 1st another got almost 500 votes and another broke 200. How many votes have you gotten. I am a professional illustrator in the silk screen business, and while I havn't done many shirts just for myself hundreds of thousands of people have bought and wear my prints. Thank you though for your support.

DavieB89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavieB89

Glad I got this before it was "sold out" the I want one is dancing about the page right now!

iwearnosox

JadenKale wrote:The fastest was Cool Breeze selling out in 19 minutes.

Lies.

Aracos

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Aracos
DAC505 wrote:This is going to go great with my other T In for 1!!

I love it! Reminds me of my Biology class freshman year of high school. Everyone kept joking about dissecting Kermit. I think one even put that on the tag for theirs. Ours was named Arnold Schwarzenfrogger since we had a quite buff frog.

Frix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Frix

Hey, I'm from Fresno as well!

Congrats fellow Fresnoian.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
JadenKale wrote:The bigger consequence would be to wake up as the monster and then realize there's a hand up your ass.

and it's making you say things you don't want to say.

tjost

JadenKale wrote:Psh... you used a familiar '80s character from a popular '80s kids show. It'll stay at the top of the chart for a few weeks unless either of the otaku twins win next week.

By the way Cookie monster started in 1969

goneferal

quality posts: 19 Private Messages goneferal
tjost wrote:Indoctrinate them young, I plan to retire to barbados on this

I just bought one for the baby I'm expecting...and I'm only two weeks pregnant! Plus I got one for myself. Fantastic design.

JadenKale

tjost wrote:Hi Jaden, I'm not familiar with your work but before you go whipping out comments like that why don't you look at the derby entries. I had 3 in there, this one got 1st another got almost 500 votes and another broke 200. How many votes have you gotten. I am a professional illustrator in the silk screen business, and while I havn't done many shirts just for myself hundreds of thousands of people have bought and wear my prints. Thank you though for your support.

Honey, before you lip off at me, my comment was truthful and not spiteful. You used a recognizable character. Because of that, and because there are lots of people that grew up in the '80s, the nostalgia aspect will keep your sales up, unless the Ramy/Seki factor blow you out of the water with poorly drawn animals and shiny everywhere.

If I must prove myself to you, which I really shouldn't have to, I HAVE been printed here twice, and I've been printed two other places off of woot. I've had a few pieces that have fought their way up to the top multiple times, and both of the times I printed at woot I defied the standings at SDS.

I'm a graphic designer and while most of my work stuff is not up for viewing (due to where I've worked and release reasons) my derby stuff is available for viewing. Anyone can give their credentials as well but that won't stop people from saying what they want here. I don't see you criticizing anyone else for making "DO NOT WANT" commentary. Hell, at least my comment was truthful. It will probably be at the top of the reckoning list by Monday night. Why? Because I've watched the daily sales here for nearly a year now. So please, don't get in a tizzy because I pointed out the truth. You should be happy I noted it'll be sitting at the top. You're the first shirt in months to sell out in 3 hrs and unless something blows you out of the water, you'll be sitting pretty for a couple of weeks.

Edit: I concede that Sesame Street was started in 1969, I personally grew up in the '80s, so I attribute him to Sesame Street as an '80s show. My error.

JadenKale

iwearnosox wrote:Lies.

Go back and read the thread. it was already sold out by 12:19 AM.

iwearnosox

JadenKale wrote:Go back and read the thread. it was already sold out by 12:19 AM.

Lies.

JadenKale

iwearnosox wrote:Lies.

morbis wrote:Wow, sold out in 18 minutes. Impressive

Ooh the argument of seconds... ::rolls eyes::

MissBehaving

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MissBehaving

tjost,

I think I love you...It is though you designed this shirt just for ME, ME, ME!!!! Congrats on the sell out...I am SO happy I got mine! My kids think I AM the cookie monster. Thank you for the wonderful design!

tjost

JadenKale wrote:Honey, before you lip off at me, my comment was truthful and not spiteful. You used a recognizable character. Because of that, and because there are lots of people that grew up in the '80s, the nostalgia aspect will keep your sales up, unless the Ramy/Seki factor blow you out of the water with poorly drawn animals and shiny everywhere.

If I must prove myself to you, which I really shouldn't have to, I HAVE been printed here twice, and I've been printed two other places off of woot. I've had a few pieces that have fought their way up to the top multiple times, and both of the times I printed at woot I defied the standings at SDS.

I'm a graphic designer and while most of my work stuff is not up for viewing (due to where I've worked and release reasons) my derby stuff is available for viewing. Anyone can give their credentials as well but that won't stop people from saying what they want here. I don't see you criticizing anyone else for making "DO NOT WANT" commentary. Hell, at least my comment was truthful. It will probably be at the top of the reckoning list by Monday night. Why? Because I've watched the daily sales here for nearly a year now. So please, don't get in a tizzy because I pointed out the truth. You should be happy I noted it'll be sitting at the top. You're the first shirt in months to sell out in 3 hrs and unless something blows you out of the water, you'll be sitting pretty for a couple of weeks.

Edit: I concede that Sesame Street was started in 1969, I personally grew up in the '80s, so I attribute him to Sesame Street as an '80s show. My error.

I'm having a hard time understanding the contempt you hold against me. You are the first person just to be outright rude on one of the forums with my work. Thousands of people seem to disagree with your attitude and I would imagine now thousands more will as well. I have no problem with you stating your opinions but if someone walked up to to you during an exhibit holding your work and went PHSSHH I think you would be quite offended. I was not lipping off to you as I truly am not familiar with your works (again this being my first derby) and as for the honey reference I find that overly familiar and disrespectful especially considering that I'm probably several years your senior. If you have any more comments to make please do so in a respectful manner.

imsochady

quality posts: 28 Private Messages imsochady

Whoa! This is the fastest sold out I've seen. Congrats! Woot should probably sell another shirt in a case like this to make more of them bling bling.

britch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages britch

Sold out already

tjost

Thank you to all who supported this and if you missed out this time around remember that you can have a second chance by going to the reckoning link near the top of the page tomorrow. Thanks

masteryee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages masteryee

sold out! ahh!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Funny shirt, congrats on the quick sellout!

marmls2m

quality posts: 2 Private Messages marmls2m
tjost wrote:I'm having a hard time understanding the contempt you hold against me. You are the first person just to be outright rude on one of the forums with my work. Thousands of people seem to disagree with your attitude and I would imagine now thousands more will as well. I have no problem with you stating your opinions but if someone walked up to to you during an exhibit holding your work and went PHSSHH I think you would be quite offended. I was not lipping off to you as I truly am not familiar with your works (again this being my first derby) and as for the honey reference I find that overly familiar and disrespectful especially considering that I'm probably several years your senior. If you have any more comments to make please do so in a respectful manner.

gotta agree with this. jadenkale, while you may be the queen of woot statistics, your tone in conversations comes off a bit like rubbing alcohol. pile on the knowledge if you want, but dont be the unappreciated scholar from high fidelity.

congrats on the sell out. im happy you beat certain other contenders on the derby

edit: i should add i dont like this shirt and i didnt buy one