jimlivingston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimlivingston
eggwolio wrote:My point was that they're made available at the same time for everyone. If you're someone who is typically asleep by that time and you're really worried that you might have to spend five extra dollars the following day, set an alarm and check it. Even if you buy it, it will take you five minutes, tops. Then go back to bed. Then the following day you'll wonder all day long if you dreamed it or actually ordered. Sure, it's more convenient for west-coasters, but it's available to EVERYONE simultaneously.

Yes it is more convenient for the West Coast. In fact, it is ALWAYS more convenient for them. THAT is why I call it discrimination! Well, that and because IT IS.

Look, EQUAL and FAIR are not the same thing. Equal means everyone gets the same. Fair means everyone gets according to their needs. So in effect, these woots are indeed released Simultaneously. However, they are not released Fairly or Equally. Do you disagree?

lilnursey84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lilnursey84
trunkwontopen wrote:Damn. Payday Friday, and I would have gotten this hands down.

And, in all my years here at Woot, this is the first time I've ever seen an argument. Weird.

It kinda happens frequently sad to say

when life gives you lemons, squirt life in the eye!

greenmrt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greenmrt

Agggh! $15 tomorrow I guess.

eggwolio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eggwolio
jimlivingston wrote:Yes it is more convenient for the West Coast. In fact, it is ALWAYS more convenient for them. THAT is why I call it discrimination! Well, that and because IT IS.

Look, EQUAL and FAIR are not the same thing. Equal means everyone gets the same. Fair means everyone gets according to their needs. So in effect, these woots are indeed released Equally. However, they are not released Fairly. Do you disagree?

I still think it's fair. Do you think it'd be more fair for woot to split them into four groups of 750 and release them at midnight in each time zone subsequently? That seems much worse to me.

jcotoia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcotoia

BEST SHIRT IN A LONG LONG TIME!
may have to drop $15 tomorrow.

sbrown2680

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sbrown2680

ARRRGGHHH...I can't believe I missed this

billchase2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages billchase2

Wow, very sad I missed out on this one! Hilarious shirt. I may have to buy it tomorrow as well...

andrewdombroski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewdombroski

One of the best shirts I've seen in a Longgg time.

I have a belly full of white dog scaffolding and now your going to lay this Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966) on me!?!

andrewdombroski

Cookie-Monster = Classic lolacopter
rotfl bhahaha
nice shirt

I have a belly full of white dog scaffolding and now your going to lay this Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966) on me!?!

jimlivingston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimlivingston
eggwolio wrote:I still think it's fair. Do you think it'd be more fair for woot to split them into four groups of 750 and release them at midnight in each time zone subsequently? That seems much worse to me.

First, I don't think woot cares about fair. They only care about money. Capitalism at its finest. As for your inability to comprehend fairness, just look at your own words!

Looking at what you yourself have already said, you already made the case it was NOT fair:

eggwolio wrote:They're updated at midnight central time... Every night, with very few exceptions when things break.

+ Consistent release time.

eggwolio wrote:Sure, it's more convenient for west-coasters...

+ Better for West Coast, not better for East.

=Together they say, "It is consistently inconvenient (NOT better) for East Coast.

If something is always worse for one group than the other, it is called DISCRIMINATION.Your own words spell it out! Seems your statements are in conflict with each other.

eggwolio wrote:My point was that they're made available at the same time for everyone.

No they are not. They are made available at ONE AM for the East Coast and TEN PM for the West Coast. 1AM DOES NOT EQUAL 10PM!

Logic can't be argued against. Doing so only makes people look ignorant and lacking in a proper education.

kdeleon1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdeleon1

Can anyone tell me the quality of these shirts? Are they the soft cotton, or stiff? Also, if I normally take a large in a T-shirt (I am 6', 190lbs and in relatively good shape - my wife may beg to differ!) should I order a large in these or XL? By the way, I know this t shirt is sold out, but I am considering ordering it tomorrow...Thanks!!

MrDude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrDude

man.. sold out?! that news was brought to me by the letter F!
dammit woot.. just leave it open all day so i can buy the damn shirt.. you're going to print more of them anyway.. i mean i'll just order one tomorrow....

you damn west coast guys and your late night w00ting.. im not staying up till 1am to order a shirt...

EricLAWL

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EricLAWL
techspecs wrote:over 1400 votes... wow! whats the record?

There were OVER 9000 votes on the Dragon Ball Z shirt.

eggwolio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eggwolio
kdeleon1 wrote:Can anyone tell me the quality of these shirts? Are they the soft cotton, or stiff? Also, if I normally take a large in a T-shirt (I am 6', 190lbs and in relatively good shape - my wife may beg to differ!) should I order a large in these or XL? By the way, I know this t shirt is sold out, but I am considering ordering it tomorrow...Thanks!!

They're very high quality, in my opinion, and very soft. They run a lil small so you may wanna go xl.

lostnightsoul

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lostnightsoul

I think this a big insult to the people of Alien Nation.

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26

Wow. That was a quick sellout.

ladyerehwon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ladyerehwon

I saw this before I headed to bed, and didn't jump on it. Woke up thinking about it, just to find that it sold out! Doh!

Guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow... unless all the comments convince Woot to offer more shirts today? (Puppy dog eyes)

michael573114

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michael573114

Sold out already! I want one!

andrewdombroski

My favorite website....by far.
Woot!

nrarmen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nrarmen

Congrats on the print. In a sea full of blue last week this certainly shined like gold! Will probably buy tomorrow :D

hoylemc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoylemc
tjost wrote:Thanks, now if this continues past today I'll be REAAALLY happy

Is this shirt definitely going to be sold in the Reckoning tomorrow even though it sold out today? I will pay the extra $5!

andrewdombroski

Damn West coasters. I want a Cookiemonster shirt....for ten dollars......woot please open it uppp.......pretyy witty please with sugar on top?!??! I relly relly want one!!!! Its not my fault I fall asleep early....oh wait it is.....damn woot. pwned again.......i will avenge myself agianst you one day...one day...

andrewkl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages andrewkl

Nice job tjost.. I really love it.. The only problem is that I live in the East, and am (regrettably) unemployed, which means I (fortunately) get to sleep in which means I (unfortunately) missed this one.

Congrats on the win and sellout!

Just really damn lucky: Random Crap: 2/15/08, 2/19/09, 12/25/09, 4/1/10, 12/1/10, 12/25/10, 4/1/11, 5/11/11, 9/14/11, 10/12/11, 12/25/11

mopsie2002

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mopsie2002
jimlivingston wrote:No they are not. They are made available at ONE AM for the East Coast and TEN PM for the West Coast. 1AM DOES NOT EQUAL 10PM!

Logic can't be argued against. Doing so only makes people look ignorant and lacking in a proper education.

Hmmm...while I don't think it's exactly fair, I would certainly not call it "discrimination". Discrimination would be purposefully making it more difficult for east coasters because they have something against east coasters. I think it's just for convenience. They picked a somewhat average time zone and went with it. Do you have any idea how difficult it would be to make something available at different times for different time zones? UGH, the thought makes me want to crawl back into bed, it's so awful. There's no way to please everyone, they tried to cancel out the difference. Move to the west coast if you're so upset about it.

Edited to add: even if they somehow managed to make it available based on local time and not global time, then the west coasters would say the east coasters had an advantage because they could get it first. Again I reiterate, there's just no way to make everyone happy.

Oregonian through and through <3...even if I call North Carolina my home now.

mopsie2002

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mopsie2002
andrewkl wrote:Nice job tjost.. I really love it.. The only problem is that I live in the East, and am (regrettably) unemployed, which means I (fortunately) get to sleep in which means I (unfortunately) missed this one.

Congrats on the win and sellout!

But unemployed means you could stay up until 1 AM to get it! ;) Besides, it sold out by like 4 or 5 AM east coast time. Even working people don't usually get up that early. :P

Oregonian through and through <3...even if I call North Carolina my home now.

violentdawn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages violentdawn

Sold out already? Sad face!

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
EricLAWL wrote:There were OVER 9000 votes on the Dragon Ball Z shirt.

Back that stat up, please.

aglarana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aglarana
violentdawn wrote:Sold out already? Sad face!

Yeah, I looked at 6:30 eastern and it was sold out.

acacia11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acacia11
tjost wrote:YOU GUYS ARE BUYING KIDS SIZES WHAT ARE YOU SOME KIND OF ANIMALS!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Thanks again for all the support guys. This was a blast and my first go at the derby, couldn't be happier with the results. Already 30% of all 3000 sold 18 minutes in!

By the way, the milk carton is featuring a plate of cookies and I intended it to be like a missing persons alert And yes those are shot glasses. Any other questions let me know. And if you miss out today, remember I will be more then happy to take your money tomorrow

Awesome shirt. Great job! Never have seen a shirt already sold out when I check before work at 6.

rideabike4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rideabike4

I'm pee-o'd that this one sold out. I like about 1 out of every 100 shirts advertised on woot. There are so many dark (in color)(in theme)(in theme and color) shirts. This one is family friendly as well as amusing. And it's a great color!
Mor of these please. Much much more.

simontsui

quality posts: 1 Private Messages simontsui
JadenKale wrote:Honey, before you lip off at me, my comment was truthful and not spiteful. You used a recognizable character. Because of that, and because there are lots of people that grew up in the '80s, the nostalgia aspect will keep your sales up, unless the Ramy/Seki factor blow you out of the water with poorly drawn animals and shiny everywhere.

If I must prove myself to you, which I really shouldn't have to, I HAVE been printed here twice, and I've been printed two other places off of woot. I've had a few pieces that have fought their way up to the top multiple times, and both of the times I printed at woot I defied the standings at SDS.

I'm a graphic designer and while most of my work stuff is not up for viewing (due to where I've worked and release reasons) my derby stuff is available for viewing. Anyone can give their credentials as well but that won't stop people from saying what they want here. I don't see you criticizing anyone else for making "DO NOT WANT" commentary. Hell, at least my comment was truthful. It will probably be at the top of the reckoning list by Monday night. Why? Because I've watched the daily sales here for nearly a year now. So please, don't get in a tizzy because I pointed out the truth. You should be happy I noted it'll be sitting at the top. You're the first shirt in months to sell out in 3 hrs and unless something blows you out of the water, you'll be sitting pretty for a couple of weeks.

Edit: I concede that Sesame Street was started in 1969, I personally grew up in the '80s, so I attribute him to Sesame Street as an '80s show. My error.

JadenKale, don't rain on someone else's parade.

Congratulations to tjost for the print and sell-out. I will have to buy it at the $15 price.

inmytree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inmytree

"c" is for "Crud"!!, I didn't get one of these"...!!!

PerpetualKid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PerpetualKid
EricLAWL wrote:There were OVER 9000 votes on the Dragon Ball Z shirt.

I laughed out loud.

kungvoodoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kungvoodoo
JadenKale wrote:To my knowledge, the only prominent 'purple' monster, (and imo, is pushing it, because I thought he was more maroon) is Telly Monster from Sesame Street. I'm quite sure there were other purple monsters on Sesame Street and Muppet Show, but they weren't important enough to remember their names.

There were a few blue prominent monster muppets, however:

Cookie Monster (Sesame Street)
Grover/Super Grover (Sesame Street)
Herry Monster (Sesame Street)
Sam the Eagle (from The Muppet Show)

Believe it or not, should you wish to investigate further, there IS a Muppet Wiki. I knew these off the top of my head, but only because my mom wanted to work with Jim Henson before I was born. She made her early childhood education emphasis in puppetry. In fact, last year for Christmas, I bought her her own Whatnot (a Jim Henson Company designed muppet) to use at school for teaching the kids.

You forgot Gonzo. He's Blue!

swer009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swer009

I will totally buy this if they offer it tomorrow. Please, please, please?

Linner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Linner

Sold Out!!?? So much for sleeping in this morning.

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola

sold out already, dammit. i'm on the west coast but this was the first chance to get to it. would get it for $10, but not for $15. better luck next time I guess.

scarchin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scarchin

I'm glad people are loving this shirt. I was starting to get annoyed by the commentary in the thread going off on video game and pop culture references.

People are talking about t-shirts like wine snobs.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost

Thanks again for all the support guys. On the debate of East vs West. I think the reason they do it at the time they do is because they're in Texas and they do it at midnight for them, which happens to split the difference. If they did it earlier then it would be even earlier for west coasters because there would be no way to block everyone with IP's from the west coast.

Also the reason they limit to 3000 on the first day is for us artists. If you read the faq's we get a base plus commision for every shirt sold after the first day. If they offered unlimited on the first day then they could make tons while the artist would see only a small percentage. Us poor starving artist's need anything we can get since most of us aren't fit to survive in the real world Thanks again

jm4n87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jm4n87

I hear what your sayin' tjost and the artist should get more for creating these great designs, but waking up at 6am eastern time and seeing this wonderful shirt SOLD OUT....ruined my whole day. I was legitimately upset. There's no point in bitching about it now because how often is a shirt going to sellout within the first 3 hours? Anyways, I'm definitely getting one once it's available.