graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02

So 2% milk would be what? 4 proof?... how much milk would cookie have to have drunk to hit the table?... lightweight...

unless them cookies was laced with something...

kdeleon1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdeleon1
eggwolio wrote:They're very high quality, in my opinion, and very soft. They run a lil small so you may wanna go xl.

Thanks - that's very helpful! Have a great weekend...

Drizzt5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Drizzt5

Why is it sold out!!! ugh

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
graffd02 wrote:So 2% milk would be what? 4 proof?... how much milk would cookie have to have drunk to hit the table?... lightweight...

unless them cookies was laced with something...

hahahahaha

mgoose07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgoose07

Ok, this is a shirt WOOT has to sell again. I love this shirt and you are all out. What's up with that noise? PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE, PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE...someone has to be able to do something about it.

tjost

mgoose07 wrote:Ok, this is a shirt WOOT has to sell again. I love this shirt and you are all out. What's up with that noise? PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE, PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE...someone has to be able to do something about it.

They will tomorrow but it will be $5 more but that still includes shipping and tax but you have to wait 12 hours just go the reckoning link near the top right and look for The Binge Thanks!

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
mgoose07 wrote:Ok, this is a shirt WOOT has to sell again. I love this shirt and you are all out. What's up with that noise? PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE, PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE...someone has to be able to do something about it.

Relax, the fist day they sell the shirt for $10 up to 3000 shirts. The following day the price goes up to $15 and will be available for as long as the shirt keeps making money and people keep buying it.

scarchin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scarchin

It'll be interesting to see how fast the Blue's Clues shirt sells. Looks like I'm up late for at least one night this weekend...

nemo728

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nemo728

awesome shirt, glad I snatched one before they sold out.

woots: 27 / 3 bandoliers of carrots!
shirt woots: 45
first woot on 2007.07.24

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
tjost wrote:I'm having a hard time understanding the contempt you hold against me. You are the first person just to be outright rude on one of the forums with my work. Thousands of people seem to disagree with your attitude and I would imagine now thousands more will as well. I have no problem with you stating your opinions but if someone walked up to to you during an exhibit holding your work and went PHSSHH I think you would be quite offended. I was not lipping off to you as I truly am not familiar with your works (again this being my first derby) and as for the honey reference I find that overly familiar and disrespectful especially considering that I'm probably several years your senior. If you have any more comments to make please do so in a respectful manner.

I think you're reading rude where rude wasn't intended. It's a perfectly valid fact that if you use something on a Woot shirt that's familiar (and nostalgic) to thousands of people, it will likely be on the charts for a while because it will attract a wider audience that doesn't have that nostalgia factor.

And I think the PHSHHH was at your comment that you "hope" it sells. She was pointing out that it obviously will sell.

If you are going to hang around here much, you will encounter much ruder people and much ruder commnents. And trust me, when someone wants to be rude, they will be. You won't have to read between the lines to find it.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
tjost wrote:
"...Us poor starving artist's need anything we can get since most of us aren't fit to survive in the real world Thanks again

tjost wrote:I am a professional illustrator in the silk screen business, and while I havn't done many shirts just for myself hundreds of thousands of people have bought and wear my prints. Thank you though for your support.

When hundreds of thousands of people have worn your designs... you're not allowed to call yourself a starving artist. Unless you eat a LOT.

Not trying to start stuff... I'm neither starving nor an artist... Just laughed at the comment a bit.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

tjost

HalfWheat wrote:I think you're reading rude where rude wasn't intended. It's a perfectly valid fact that if you use something on a Woot shirt that's familiar (and nostalgic) to thousands of people, it will likely be on the charts for a while because it will attract a wider audience that doesn't have that nostalgia factor.

And I think the PHSHHH was at your comment that you "hope" it sells. She was pointing out that it obviously will sell.

If you are going to hang around here much, you will encounter much ruder people and much ruder commnents. And trust me, when someone wants to be rude, they will be. You won't have to read between the lines to find it.

That's why I apologized Thanks for your support though during and after the derby halfwheat. I just have to let more stuff roll off my back

HalfWheat

jimlivingston wrote:Yes it is more convenient for the West Coast. In fact, it is ALWAYS more convenient for them. THAT is why I call it discrimination! Well, that and because IT IS.

Look, EQUAL and FAIR are not the same thing. Equal means everyone gets the same. Fair means everyone gets according to their needs. So in effect, these woots are indeed released Simultaneously. However, they are not released Fairly or Equally. Do you disagree?

Easy peasy. Use your time machine. Two hour jump is cheap.

tjost

genericsmith wrote:When hundreds of thousands of people have worn your designs... you're not allowed to call yourself a starving artist. Unless you eat a LOT.

Not trying to start stuff... I'm neither starving nor an artist... Just laughed at the comment a bit.

Actually I'm trying to loose weight right now and get a sixpack going again . My wife cooks to good though. I've been fortunate to be busy even during these lean times but I do know some artists depend on derbys like this as a main source of income and I appreciate woot's pay structure. It actually has the potential to pay artists much more on average for popular pieces then sites like threadless.

jimlivingston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimlivingston
mopsie2002 wrote:Discrimination would be purposefully making it more difficult for east coasters because they have something against east coasters.

No your statement is incorrect. Discrimination does not require a purpose. One can discriminate against something without needing malice.

I don't quite know the answer for woot, but it is clear there is a problem. If they choose to give one geographical location more daylight hours than the another, it needs to be fixed. Why should the WC get the release at 10P and not the EC? If the EC had them at 10P, then the WC would have them at 7P. At least both areas get a more equitable chance at purchasing. It just isn't right that someone should have to be awake at 1A while others do not.

Either all sides get the release when the Man in the Moon is shining high, or all sides should get the release during "daytime" hours. As it stands now, the WC gets an Evening release and the EC gets Early AM release. Not smart.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby

The shirt will be available tomorrow, here.

Woot is based in the Central time zone (Carrollton, Texas and St. Louis, Missouri, mostly), hence using the Central time zone. We feel everyone has an equal opportunity to move to Central.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

iwearnosox

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iwearnosox
tjost wrote:Actually I'm trying to loose weight right now and get a sixpack going again . My wife cooks to good though. I've been fortunate to be busy even during these lean times but I do know some artists depend on derbys like this as a main source of income and I appreciate woot's pay structure. It actually has the potential to pay artists much more on average for popular pieces then sites like threadless.

I have a six pack. It's in the fridge.

HalfWheat

tjost wrote:That's why I apologized Thanks for your support though during and after the derby halfwheat. I just have to let more stuff roll off my back

Yup. Sometimes it's hard to judge the tone when someone is writing a quick message.

As far as support, I'm one of the people who wishes Woot would ban all pop culture references in the derbies. Or allow it only in select derbies. Because so many shirts are just the reference slapped on the shirt, and relying on that reference to get votes. And when that wins over something creative and original, I'm stamping my feet and shaking my fists.

This, however, is an example of how the parody of a pop culture reference can work well. It makes sense even if you don't know who the blue character is (I thought the yeti was brown....hmmmm) and it works on several levels. Dieters, bakers, health nuts, cookie fiends...there are a lot of reasons to like the shirt besides the reference to a particular character.

If all pop culture references were done well, I wouldn't have a problem with them, But unfortunately a lot of people use them as an easy way to get more votes than the design should get otherwise.

And of course it will stay on the charts for a while. Can't wait to see who gets knocked off this week.

HalfWheat

jimlivingston wrote:No your statement is incorrect. Discrimination does not require a purpose. One can discriminate against something without needing malice.

I don't quite know the answer for woot, but it is clear there is a problem. If they choose to give one geographical location more daylight hours than the another, it needs to be fixed. Why should the WC get the release at 10P and not the EC? If the EC had them at 10P, then the WC would have them at 7P. At least both areas get a more equitable chance at purchasing. It just isn't right that someone should have to be awake at 1A while others do not.

Either all sides get the release when the Man in the Moon is shining high, or all sides should get the release during "daytime" hours. As it stands now, the WC gets an Evening release and the EC gets Early AM release. Not smart.

They could also start selling at noon instead of midnight, and then people would be saying that it's not fair because they can't get past the firewall at work while others can buy on their lunch break. No time is fair to everyone. If the sellout isn't crazy early, east-coasters are the first to be able to get up at a reasonable hour and make a morning purchase.

mishy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mishy

Maybe he/she was thinking of Grimace (from McDonald's)?

JadenKale wrote:To my knowledge, the only prominent 'purple' monster, (and imo, is pushing it, because I thought he was more maroon) is Telly Monster from Sesame Street. I'm quite sure there were other purple monsters on Sesame Street and Muppet Show, but they weren't important enough to remember their names.

There were a few blue prominent monster muppets, however:

Cookie Monster (Sesame Street)
Grover/Super Grover (Sesame Street)
Herry Monster (Sesame Street)
Sam the Eagle (from The Muppet Show)

Believe it or not, should you wish to investigate further, there IS a Muppet Wiki. I knew these off the top of my head, but only because my mom wanted to work with Jim Henson before I was born. She made her early childhood education emphasis in puppetry. In fact, last year for Christmas, I bought her her own Whatnot (a Jim Henson Company designed muppet) to use at school for teaching the kids.

mopsie2002

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mopsie2002
jimlivingston wrote:No your statement is incorrect. Discrimination does not require a purpose. One can discriminate against something without needing malice.

The definition of discrimination is "unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of prejudice" or "to make decisions based on prejudice".

Seriously--prejudice against the entire east coast? Somehow I think not. Discrimination requires them having a prejudice against the group of people, and not selling shirts at an optimal time most certainly does not qualify for that. They certainly did not make the decision of when to switch shirts based on any prejudice against the east coast, they did it because it's their HQ's time zone and it was convenient. Their decision had NOTHING to do with prejudice.

Oregonian through and through <3...even if I call North Carolina my home now.

raeglatem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raeglatem

DAMIT! Why didn't I get it when it was posted... Dam u sleep! DAM YOU!!!!

andrewkl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages andrewkl
Gatzby wrote:
Woot is based in the Central time zone (Carrollton, Texas and St. Louis, Missouri, mostly), hence using the Central time zone. We feel everyone has an equal opportunity to move to Central.

But everyone KNOWS New York is where it's at.. Think about it: TV ads all say something to the effect of "8, 7 central", then there's Times Square, Regis and Kelly, Bernie Madoff... Jeez.. I can go on and on... What the hell is in Carrollton Texas, besides woot?

Make it midnight Eastern, 11 Central and 9 Pacific..

Just really damn lucky: Random Crap: 2/15/08, 2/19/09, 12/25/09, 4/1/10, 12/1/10, 12/25/10, 4/1/11, 5/11/11, 9/14/11, 10/12/11, 12/25/11

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ

carrollton has hallibubburton (or halliburton) and i think its where vanilla ice went to school

also, its a burb of dallas, so its not like they're in the middle of nowhere

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

Wow, I thought I was going for the "offended party" title by claiming his usage of six different glasses as wasteful (yes, it was in jest). I obviously lost to jimlivingston, since he's actually offended by woot's decision to sell things based on their own time zone instead of his.

Even if woot won't give you a Quality Post (haha, QP filters to kewpie), I hereby dub you today's "offended party". Congrats?

beckyeas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beckyeas

CURSES! I thought I'd take time over lunch to order this wonderful shirt, and I'm TOO LATE! I'll have to pay the extra bucks to order it from reckoning. I figure it will make a nice pairing with my "The Cake is a Liar" shirt. Clearly, I have an issue with desserts. Sad, really.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh

so sad I missed out on this at $10. I'll have to get it before it's reckoned.

mishy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mishy

For those complaining that it isn't fair about the midnight central release time, I'd like to point out that it was known beforehand that there was a 1 in 4 chance this shirt would be up today. If you loved it that much, I would think that either staying up (or setting an alarm) for the possibility of getting it for $10 or paying an extra $5 wouldn't be that big of a deal. Yes, it might be easier for you if it had been offered earlier in the day, but life is full of things that aren't "fair".

Inconvenient? Possibly
Disappointing? Sure
Discrimination? Ha

lmoon98

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lmoon98

Our Movie Genre this shirt is genius! I'm so mad these are all sold out! I see most of you guys start wooting right at midnight, so I'm gonna have to put on my game face...Genius!

LL - and I'm out...

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik

Went to sleep early, so I missed out on the $10 hilarity. I'll probably pick this up whenever it falls to the bottom of the reckoning (I have a hunch that will be quite some time from now) or whenever I actually manage to get a job: whichever comes first

host47

quality posts: 1 Private Messages host47

AWE!!! i always miss the good ones..

leaps into the vacuum that i can't stay up till 1:02EST anymore... beign a network admin leaps into the vacuum when you have to be an early bird :-/

Keep Woot's Servers Alive: host47.com/woot

murphquake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages murphquake

Why oh why was the beer garden where I was at instead of checking what the new shirt.woot offering was. I love it and was wide awake on the east coast but didn't get around to checking. How come there was never a beer monster?

-bill @murphquake

stinky2803

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stinky2803

Love it!

jgreenberg81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgreenberg81

Is there ANYWHERE else to get this shirt? I just checked it out now and want to find one!!

whiba

quality posts: 3 Private Messages whiba
jgreenberg81 wrote:Is there ANYWHERE else to get this shirt? I just checked it out now and want to find one!!

guys, guys, guys... it will be available tomorrow at this very site, just for $5 more.

I'm bummed i didn't get it for $10 but i'll be getting it tomorrow.

jgreenberg81

whiba wrote:guys, guys, guys... it will be available tomorrow at this very site, just for $5 more.

I'm bummed i didn't get it for $10 but i'll be getting it tomorrow.

Ahh, excellent

jimlivingston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimlivingston
mopsie2002 wrote:The definition of discrimination is "unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of prejudice" or "to make decisions based on prejudice".

No, that is not factual.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/discriminating
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/discrimination

Something tells me you don't even know the real meaning of Prejudice. Even that does not require malice or ill intent.

Did anybody actually go to college and pay attention?

Gatzby wrote:We feel everyone has an equal opportunity to move to Central.

I certainly hope that this was in jest, because I find it hard for anyone with an IQ of at least 110 to believe that.

And for the record, I was disappointed that I had almost no chance, save waking at 1AM, of getting this shirt. That is a testament to the shirt. However,I am over it, of course. But, I still can't understand how some people think the way these woots are released are fair for all. So far, nobody has been able to make a legitimate argument that it is indeed fair. Says something.

I understand that in the Free Market woot has the choice to release their wares while one end of the Country is awake, and the other is asleep. However, I have choices too. However, since woot is crack, I will buckle and continue to worship all things woot.

jgreenberg81

having never bought a shirt from shirtwoot, when it is available tomorrow, do they sell out quickly, or are they usually available throughout the day?

CaboLH

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CaboLH

You must really like cookies. Hope your day got better.

jimlivingston wrote:I certainly hope that this was in jest, because I find it hard for anyone with an IQ of at least 110 to believe that.

And for the record, I was disappointed that I had almost no chance, save waking at 1AM, of getting this shirt. That is a testament to the shirt. However,I am over it, of course. But, I still can't understand how some people think the way these woots are released are fair for all. So far, nobody has been able to make a legitimate argument that it is indeed fair. Says something.

I understand that in the Free Market woot has the choice to release their wares while one end of the Country is awake, and the other is asleep. However, I have choices too. However, since woot is crack, I will buckle and continue to worship all things woot.

easysailor

quality posts: 25 Private Messages easysailor

none of you shooters(shirt.wooters) should be complaining about the sellout. I live in Maryland and managed to stay up until 1am for this magnificent shirt. So all you east-coasters, drink some coffee..otherwise beat it.

I live paycheck to paycheck thanks to woot.