+ Add a Comment

MrDude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrDude
andrewkl wrote:But everyone KNOWS New York is where it's at.. Think about it: TV ads all say something to the effect of "8, 7 central", then there's Times Square, Regis and Kelly, Bernie Madoff... Jeez.. I can go on and on... What the hell is in Carrollton Texas, besides woot?

Make it midnight Eastern, 11 Central and 9 Pacific..

Dallas texas. Carrollton is a part of dallas... I only know because I used to live in DFW...

btw, you only hear 8pm Eastern, 7 Central, on TV all the time because you live in the eastern timezone.. when you actually move far enough into the next timezone, the TV stations appear almost identical, but they say stuff in Central time.. go further west, and they'll split it again.

chade2001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001
tjost wrote:That's why I apologized Thanks for your support though during and after the derby halfwheat. I just have to let more stuff roll off my back

i don't know man. i read the whole conversation. to me, her initial comment did sound like it had a contemptuous tone. plus, she argued that she meant to say, "PSH as in PSHAW," and then she immediately asks, "Why do I need to write it that way?!?" knowing full well that, as stated by her, people read "... comment completely out context (as is so common at woot)."

if she knows people might try to interpret her words wrongly, why not just be clear with her statements from the get go and avoid any of this? i don't think adding those two extra letters of AW at the end of PSH takes extra effort, and they're even adjacent to each other on the keyboard!

let me respond to your original post in a well-meanigful way:

tjost wrote:Thanks, now if this continues past today I'll be REAAALLY happy

well of course, you silly goose! there's some nostalgia effect in here, which people love here at woot. congrats on the sellout, and have a merry day

gone!

KevinMCombes

quality posts: 14 Private Messages KevinMCombes

Could woot please put a filter on the phrase "Sold Out"?

polkad0t

quality posts: 0 Private Messages polkad0t

Gosh darn it, I slept at 11:40 cause there was school today and came back home to see the sellout D:

Congrats to the designer for the [very fast] sellout!

wdelgenio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wdelgenio

This shirt is good enough for me.

justinwrg570

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justinwrg570

Darn it. That's what i get for not checking last night. Cookie Monster is like the crack addict in Sesame Street.

Woody1

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Woody1

Monday Night Football and grabbed a snack about 11:00pm. A pack of Nutter Butter Peanut Butter cookies and a large glass of milk. BAMM........around 11:30pm.

Missed the last 2 minutes of game play.

Cookie crumbs on my pillow

Glass empty on the floor

and the slightest hint of sleep drool on my pillow.

It was so worth the $5 penalty to have slept through 1:00am like a baby. I’ll get a couple of these tomorrow

800+ woots! - Talk to the Square

jplamb

quality posts: 15 Private Messages jplamb
easysailor wrote:none of you shooters(shirt.wooters) should be complaining about the sellout. I live in Maryland and managed to stay up until 1am for this magnificent shirt. So all you east-coasters, drink some coffee..otherwise beat it.

I'm in Florida and also managed to get in on it last night without a problem. No reason to complain, if you miss it you miss it...you can always just pay the extra $5 and buy it tomorrow. Not the end of the world.

scott4381

quality posts: 2 Private Messages scott4381

Me not happy. Me not able to buy shirt because shirt sold out. This first Woot! shirt that me wanted to buy.

biggnigg2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages biggnigg2000

How do I get one even if the shirt is sold out! I NEED THAT! I NEED THAT!!!

andrewkl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages andrewkl
biggnigg2000 wrote:How do I get one even if the shirt is sold out! I NEED THAT! I NEED THAT!!!

check back tomorrow when it will be offered at a premium... IMHO, worth it... I'll be there.

Nice job tjost... You got everyone talking!

Just really damn lucky: Random Crap: 2/15/08, 2/19/09, 12/25/09, 4/1/10, 12/1/10, 12/25/10, 4/1/11, 5/11/11, 9/14/11, 10/12/11, 12/25/11

sspillett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sspillett

Maybe next time...

Gar the mighty!

KevinMCombes

quality posts: 14 Private Messages KevinMCombes

Just a reminder....

You can still buy this shirt for $15, starting at midnight (September 12th).

To do this, click the 9649 next to "ongoing sale" on the very first post of this thread (or even this post). The shirt will continue to be sold this way until it is no longer in the top 20 shirts. This works the same for all Woot shirts.

Now please, could you all read the What is Shirt.Woot? Thank you.

EeveeFanboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EeveeFanboy

Did anybody else look at the picture and see milk glasses with a weird blue hedge behind them? I was like, "Wow, creepiest hedge ever. What does it mean? It looks like it's got some evil claws." And THEN I thought about Cookie Monster. I'm not the only one, right? Right? Right??

The hedges are haunting me

princessdiablo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages princessdiablo

For those of you just joining us, let me summarize seven pages of comments for you:

Nice shirt, yay.
Pop culture shirts always sell well.
oh em gee IT IS SOLD OUT.
This will be in the reckoning for some time.
Yes, you can buy this tomorrow for $15.
The artist is talky and thanks everyone a lot.
A fight about the definition of fairness, discrimination, and where woot.com is based out of.
More people panicking about not being able to buy the shirt.
Woot.com should change their release times because someone is sleepy.

You are now caught up.

nyren

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nyren

Grats on the win and the fast sellout, tjost :D

mishy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mishy

great summary

princessdiablo wrote:For those of you just joining us, let me summarize seven pages of comments for you:

Nice shirt, yay.
Pop culture shirts always sell well.
oh em gee IT IS SOLD OUT.
This will be in the reckoning for some time.
Yes, you can buy this tomorrow for $15.
The artist is talky and thanks everyone a lot.
A fight about the definition of fairness, discrimination, and where woot.com is based out of.
More people panicking about not being able to buy the shirt.
Woot.com should change their release times because someone is sleepy.

You are now caught up.

Foildisc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Foildisc
JadenKale wrote:

Believe it or not, should you wish to investigate further, there IS a Muppet Wiki. I knew these off the top of my head, but only because my mom wanted to work with Jim Henson before I was born. She made her early childhood education emphasis in puppetry. In fact, last year for Christmas, I bought her her own Whatnot (a Jim Henson Company designed muppet) to use at school for teaching the kids.

My mom also has one of those. I gave it to her for her birthday, and now she frightens both me and my 6 and 7 year old cousins with it.

stinhoutx

quality posts: 11 Private Messages stinhoutx
IndependentVik wrote:I'm all for independence of mind; I am not, however, for independence from thought. The whole POINT of this site is that you get a discount if you buy early. I live on the east coast, too. If I miss out, then I pay the extra $5 if I think it's worth it. If I don't think it's worth it, I don't go around whining to everybody in some indecipherable rant.

What?!?!? You're supposed to *BUY* the shirts here? What do I do then with this ream of inkjet iron-on transfer paper and all these blank t-shirts? :-P

(Kidding, Woot!)

So, where is the poster.woot.com? Or, coffeecup.woot.com?

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
chefbooyadee wrote:Cookie Monster is doubled over in pain, so he's probably lactose intolerant. Asians are lactose intolerant. So by my awesome reasoning, Cookie Monster is Asian. Now I deserve a cookie.

I am too lazy now to read through all the comments to see if it's been mentioned already, but I just have to say that not all asians are lactose intolerant. I'm certainly not. CHEESE = <3

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Gr1d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gr1d

I'm sad I missed getting this one before it sold out.

Take it slow bro.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

I ended up reading the pages after all - wanted to see what all this discrimination talk was about. And I gotta say, I agree with Jim. Woot is crazy discriminatory. I'm a victim too - I live in Canada. Do you know what they do? They tack on an additional $5 to the purchase. SAY WHAT? You advertised it as $10 on the front page! And now you're charging me $15? THAT'S FALSE ADVERTISING. Even Alaska gets free shipping - that's farther away than Alberta! Why do I have to pay for shipping when they don't?

And then I found out that they charged me MORE than $15. OK, so they charged me $15 USD, but I live in Canada - we use CANADIAN dollars. So I expected to pay $15 CAD but NOOOOOOOOOO. DISCRIMINATION. Woot should redesign their website to display the price in the proper currency depending on where I live, or else they should just charge me $15 CAD. IT'S ONLY FAIR. I mean, you expect me to look up the currency exchange rate just so I know how much I actually have to pay? That's extra work for me just to partake in a commercial exchange by which YOU profit. DISCRIMINATION.

And once, I really wanted a shirt right away. Regular orders take up to 5 weeks to reach me. Hey - Woot offers next-day shipping for an extra $5. But when I tried to get that, IT WASN'T AVAILABLE. Apparently they only offer that privilege to Americans. DISCRIMINATION.

You're all sheep. All of you.

trunkwontopen wrote:
And, in all my years here at Woot, this is the first time I've ever seen an argument. Weird.

You're joking, right?

yankeebird wrote:Back that stat up, please.

I can attest to this. It was over 9000.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Leahbh wrote:so sad I missed out on this at $10. I'll have to get it before it's reckoned.

I don't think this one will reckon for a while.

ueberRegenbogen

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ueberRegenbogen
DCno10 wrote:i just wonder if his head is on the table because:
a. he's in a food coma after eating all the cookies
b. he's sad because he ate all the cookies and there are none left
c. he's sad because there's a cookie shortage and there are none to begin with
d. somebody spiked the milk

He's wasted, plain and simple!

easysailor

quality posts: 25 Private Messages easysailor

In the third round winning by TKO: "marmls2m"
good job marmls2m. haha that was funny. think u finally scared that guy off.

I live paycheck to paycheck thanks to woot.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

I think woot should hire a mod just to edit every post that says anything about "Our Movie Genre I MISSED THIS IS THERE ANY WAY TO GET ONE AGAIN?" to "I am lazy and don't know how to search for information"

gee2thek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gee2thek

So sad I missed this one! Kudos to the designer!

--- Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.

ejseader

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejseader

Arg...signed on late. This shirt is EPIC! Isn't there another site that sells them after they've sold out here? If anyone knows of the site, please post it! kthxbai

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow

erynwales

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erynwales
JadenKale wrote:... And the next call woot will receive will be from the Jim Henson Company's lawyer...

No kidding! That is exactly what I was thinking.

andrewkl

ejseader wrote:Arg...signed on late. This shirt is EPIC! Isn't there another site that sells them after they've sold out here? If anyone knows of the site, please post it! kthxbai

Please see another post on this page... and the one prior, and the one before that..... and the one before THAT one.... It's been mentioned as infinitum.... Or just alot.

Just really damn lucky: Random Crap: 2/15/08, 2/19/09, 12/25/09, 4/1/10, 12/1/10, 12/25/10, 4/1/11, 5/11/11, 9/14/11, 10/12/11, 12/25/11

andrewkl

JadenKale wrote:... And the next call woot will receive will be from the Jim Henson Company's lawyer...

erynwales wrote:No kidding! That is exactly what I was thinking.

Not at all....

That it MIGHT be the Cookie Monster is only implied... There are tons of blue furry creatures who love cookies...

aren't there?

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
andrewkl wrote:JadenKale wrote:... And the next call woot will receive will be from the Jim Henson Company's lawyer...

Not at all....

That it MIGHT be the Cookie Monster is only implied... There are tons of blue furry creatures who love cookies...

aren't there?

Name 3 who are blue and are known for eating cookies.

andrewkl

JadenKale wrote:Name 3 who are blue and are known for eating cookies.

Uh.. well.. the first ones name MIGHT be "sarcasm".....

JadenKale

andrewkl wrote:Uh.. well.. the first ones name MIGHT be "sarcasm".....

I'm well aware of it... there are others here that don't understand sarcasm over the internet.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
andrewkl wrote:JadenKale wrote:... And the next call woot will receive will be from the Jim Henson Company's lawyer...

Not at all....

aren't there?

It is important to remember that Parody is only a defense. While I personally believe this falls well under parody (while the original was such a blatant rip that his rejection should have come with a thwap on the wrist so hard he couldn't have redone the piece at all), it is still completely possible for the Henson estate to feel otherwise, and for a judge to award a case to them. Parody is a device of humor, not a god-given free legal pass, even if in many cases parodies have been defended for what they are.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
JadenKale wrote:Name 3 who are blue and are known for eating cookies.

me , myself , and I

JadenKale

ChefRAZ wrote:me , myself , and I

I always knew there was something unusual about you... that also explains the blue hairs in that cake you showed us around easter.

gschu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gschu

I'll give whoever wants to sell this shirt - has to be a male large - $50 plus shipping.

gschu

gschu wrote:I'll give whoever wants to sell this shirt - has to be a male large - $50 plus shipping.

email me at: georgeschumacher@hotmail.com - serious offers only please.

gschu

I'll pay $50 for a man's large new if anyone wants to part with their's ...