JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
SkekTek wrote:Wow. Fewest quality discussion comments posted on a derby winner page EVER. Just one?

...wow...



Usually Sunday's entries get screwed on Q P's. However, with many of the comments here, there aren't many things to gain Q P recognition.

HalfWheat


quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
ewtye wrote:You're right the last year with 2 blue moons in it was 1999. And while it isn't that much of a big deal, my Mom used to use the old standard, "once in a blue moon" to refer to how rarely something occurred. It's not used much any more though.



The fact that I think 1999 was "recently" makes me feel a little old...

unchained


quality posts: 0 Private Messages unchained
SkekTek wrote:Wow. Fewest quality discussion comments posted on a derby winner page EVER. Just one?

...wow...




The lack of quality posts reflects the lack of quality design.


ChefRAZ


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

gumberculees


quality posts: 1 Private Messages gumberculees
Draug wrote:This shirt reminds me of still, silent winter nights.



this shirt reminds me of other terrible designs with excessive halftoning. it also reminds me of "interplanetary bunnies" and "listen to your conscience" and my complete surprise that there are so many people who come to the site with terrible taste to vote. the funny thing is, i only ever see a handful of people in the threads actually saying they like it, 10 max. so that makes me wonder where all the people voting for these designs are coming from? and who are they?

ewtye


quality posts: 7 Private Messages ewtye
HalfWheat wrote:The fact that I think 1999 was "recently" makes me feel a little old...



I know, I was thinking the same thing. No, not that you're old - but that it didn't seem that long ago since we had two blue moons in one year. But a decade! Wow -

truffleshuffle


quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle

*sigh* I guess I was still hangin' on to a little shred of hope that when I checked shirt.woot today I would see MY shirt. Ah well...better luck next time

espetrell


quality posts: 0 Private Messages espetrell
gumberculees wrote:the funny thing is, i only ever see a handful of people in the threads actually saying they like it, 10 max. so that makes me wonder where all the people voting for these designs are coming from? and who are they?



They're all the people who thought is was OK and said, "Well, I might as well vote for it, but I would never buy it."

paperlilies


quality posts: 0 Private Messages paperlilies

Looks absolutely gorgeous! If it wasn't Sunday I'd be all over it. Too bad. I might have to find it for a more expensive price on ebay tomorrow.

cedricsmods


quality posts: 3 Private Messages cedricsmods

Wait, did ramyb pull a gender switch on us???

[quote="Today's description"]Some say he cannot possibly achieve this unprecedented string of Derby triumphs while clean. Others say he’s just really good. We may never know the truth.[/quote]

[quote="Previous description"]
Well, well, well, ramyb’s in the winner’s circle again. Guess three currently available shirts aren’t enough for her rabid fans.[/quote]
Link for proof

Askiopop


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Askiopop

Does anybody read the midnighters? That's Jess, forever stuck in the indigo(blue-ish) secret hour with that weird black moon in the rain. Scott Westerfeld is awesome

rocketmjgee


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rocketmjgee

Damn That's HOT. Love my royal blue......


Do these shirts run regular or are they over sized (meaning runs one size larger)?

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
HalfWheat wrote:The fact that I think 1999 was "recently" makes me feel a little old...

lol:D... I know what you mean, time, and time chunks seem to go by much quicker and seem much smaller as I get older...


rocketmjgee


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rocketmjgee

First woot shirt

I just went with the 2X, to be sure....

jakewalczak


quality posts: 8 Private Messages jakewalczak

That "moon" reminds me of The Ring. I wouldn't be surprised if my phone rang after wearing this shirt "7 days..." Not worth the risk.

iGGz


quality posts: 7 Private Messages iGGz

This shirt makes me want to shoot myself ...in the face.

_____________________________________________

i am woot's god.

You're the giant Ken Jennings head? HOW DID YOU GET OUT?

wootasourous


quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous
gumberculees wrote:this shirt reminds me of other terrible designs with excessive halftoning. it also reminds me of "interplanetary bunnies" and "listen to your conscience" and my complete surprise that there are so many people who come to the site with terrible taste to vote. the funny thing is, i only ever see a handful of people in the threads actually saying they like it, 10 max. so that makes me wonder where all the people voting for these designs are coming from? and who are they?



The only reason you say it reminds you of those two shirts is because it's a Ramyb print. The majority of people who come to Woot! rarely comment. Only a handful of people comment on the threads, usually the ones who like to voice their opinions.

Anyways, there will most likely be around 2000 sales anyways, so that about triples the votes this shirt got. So there really isn't any reason to wonder about "where the votes came from".

yankeebird


quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
paperlilies wrote:Looks absolutely gorgeous! If it wasn't Sunday I'd be all over it. Too bad. I might have to find it for a more expensive price on ebay tomorrow.



If you're willing to buy this schlock, you deserve to overpay on eBay.

Laiusk


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Laiusk

i like this image.. but its not something i'd wear :\

amonsloane


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amonsloane

See, this is one of those that I really like the design, but not as a t-shirt. I'd put this as a wallpaper on my computer, but I wouldn't wear it.

omninull


quality posts: 0 Private Messages omninull

This shirt is a visual interpretation of amateur poetry hour.

walmazan


quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Well done ramyb! I like it.

bethjoyd


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bethjoyd
yankeebird wrote:If you're willing to buy this schlock, you deserve to overpay on eBay.



I don't understand why so many people are hating on this design, and the artist. I saw it just now and immediately thought, "Oh my goodness, it's gorgeous!" and I'm thinking about buying it.

Honestly, I think a lot of the woot shirts are too silly for my taste, I like this one because it looks beautiful (in my opinion).

Is there some controversy or history about the artist that I'm missing??

redskin92


quality posts: 2 Private Messages redskin92

if the girl wasn't on this, i would have defiantly gotten one

A7X for life

Draug


quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug

Ooh! It bounced! And only fifteen minutes left lol.

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

4kat


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 4kat

Got Mine!

JaundiceDave


quality posts: 2 Private Messages JaundiceDave
gumberculees wrote:this shirt reminds me of other terrible designs with excessive halftoning. it also reminds me of "interplanetary bunnies" and "listen to your conscience" and my complete surprise that there are so many people who come to the site with terrible taste to vote. the funny thing is, i only ever see a handful of people in the threads actually saying they like it, 10 max. so that makes me wonder where all the people voting for these designs are coming from? and who are they?



I like the design, I voted for it, and I just bought it. Quit being such a baby about shirts on the internet.

jakewalczak


quality posts: 8 Private Messages jakewalczak

Woots sold: 2772

Just because you don't like a certain print, doesn't mean that other people actually agree with you.

bobgray


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobgray

+1 Just bought one.

gumberculees


quality posts: 1 Private Messages gumberculees
JaundiceDave wrote:I like the design, I voted for it, and I just bought it. Quit being such a baby about shirts on the internet.



i believe your aggression is ignited by the fact that my previous post indirectly identified you as having terrible taste. which you were right to assume, you bought this shirt, therefore you have terrible taste.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
jakewalczak wrote:Woots sold: 2772

Just because you don't like a certain print, doesn't mean that other people actually agree with you.



Well duh. Nothing presumes people actually agree with you.

But since your implication is that sales dictate actual quality, consider Todd Goldman, who sells far more shirts and products per year than Ramy, in a "style" that is unequivocally hideous, and is also a known art thief.

Would you, ergo, say that Todd Goldman is a great artist, simply due to his sales? Because if you would, you prove how little value the opinions of the people who liked this shirt have.

borrin1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages borrin1

Just had to buy another one of these...crashed my scooter on friday and the paramedics cut it off of me with their big silly scissors.

mrwednesday


quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
borrin1 wrote:Just had to buy another one of these...crashed my scooter on friday and the paramedics cut it off of me with their big silly scissors.



Why? The paramedics did you a favor. They probably didn't even have to cut it off they were just tired of looking at it.

daschu117


quality posts: 0 Private Messages daschu117

Anyone buy one of these from the reckoning and receive it yet? I bought one several weeks ago and received a tracking number, but Fedex doesn't have any data on it yet. I ordered another Reckoning shirt the same night and have already received that one.

Any info would be helpful.

kormoc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kormoc

Aye, I'm still waiting for mine to ship as well, it's been two weeks

ScottR1


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ScottR1
kormoc wrote:Aye, I'm still waiting for mine to ship as well, it's been two weeks



Same here; it allegedly shipped weeks ago. I emailed Service and they said they had to print more. Guess they're doing them by hand, one by one.

Dirune


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dirune

Same here. They issued me a tracking number, but it isn't really tracking anything. It will have been three weeks from the initial order on Oct 21st

snowballinguam


quality posts: 0 Private Messages snowballinguam
Dirune wrote:Same here. They issued me a tracking number, but it isn't really tracking anything. It will have been three weeks from the initial order on Oct 21st



Ditto. I think they meant to ship them to USA but shipped them to SA instead.

NealSu


quality posts: 0 Private Messages NealSu

NECROMANCER POWERS GO!

i bought three of these and they are starting to wear off. Why was there a limit on the numbers to buy....

i want to buy more. And yes i did read the FAQ some time ago knowing that what is gone is within the past and thus unreachable.

i wont be able to buy any more backup shirts which saddens me.

Oh well. This art was at least very much appreciated. Thank you again...