quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom

"Billy?"

"Yeah?"

"You're driving the spork into your leg."

"So I am. Hilarious!"

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Can we have an Engrish derby? How about a typo derby? I have a design I made for it just in case we ever do...

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Koniro

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Koniro
MadamAtom wrote:"Billy?"

"Yeah?"

"You're driving the spork into your leg."

"So I am. Hilarious!"

Sarcasm. That's original!

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

Is it wrong that whenever I eat with chopsticks, I only use one, and I stab the chicken, like a fork? But see, I just like to stab things.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
SeraphSix wrote:I'm not so sure about that...

I own one of these and it clearly beats a chopstick from personal experience.

I would say: Titanium Spork > Chopsticks > Plastic Spork

Hmmm... bringing titanium into the equation changes things. I'd definitely like to see a showdown between titanium chopsticks and a titanium spork.

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug

At least it only got third place. I never liked this shirt's place in the Japan derby.

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

caracalcat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caracalcat
jasneko wrote:

Btw everyone - all asian characters aren't kanji. For instance, this design has a mix of kanji and characters from 2 Japanese alphabets. I keep seeing a lot of people calling everything that looks asian writing "kanji" round these parts.

Yes, but i can read the Hiragana and Katakana, so i dont need to ask what they are. what i need to ask about is the Kanji, cuz i am not that learned in it (or i forgot most of what i know).

i agree tho. most people dont know the difference, and cant tell the difference between japanese and chinese, and even korean. which is kinda just sad...

kernel32dll

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kernel32dll

Lol@the video, been ages since I last heard that.

I <3 you, wootstaff

Way too many woots

omegasheepboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omegasheepboy

wow the derby champ/chimp owned this shirt

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
caracalcat wrote:Yes, but i can read the Hiragana and Katakana, so i dont need to ask what they are. what i need to ask about is the Kanji, cuz i am not that learned in it (or i forgot most of what i know).

i agree tho. most people dont know the difference, and cant tell the difference between japanese and chinese, and even korean. which is kinda just sad...

Why is that sad? Can you recognize every written language? Or is it just the Asian languages that you think are more important to be able to spot?

Even the people here who could read Japanese argued about what was proper. But even English-speakers get things wrong in their own language. You know, like forgetting simple things like proper capitalization. Nobody's perfect.

Groxx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Groxx
jmmbell1987 wrote:Let's look at this scientifically:

Self defense:

Chopsticks aren't very sharp, but they can deliver a solid, painful poke which will slow attackers.

Sporks can too, but they're usually made out of bendy plastic, which means that they won't do much good aimed at center mass.

Advantage: Chopstick

Have you forgotten about the titanium sporks?
Titanium > Chopstick, therefore spork > chopstick.

(Personally, I love my chopsticks. I get tons of use out of them. But they're not very good for soup, which is where the titanium spork comes in)

kettes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kettes

I bought one! Love it, thanks!

calewallace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calewallace

is it just me or is that spork swearing at us?

lindab53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindab53
superspryte wrote:Can we have an Engrish derby? How about a typo derby? I have a design I made for it just in case we ever do...

Ooooh, I'd love the typo derby. Although I guess text would have to be allowed for the shirt to make sense(of a sort).

roberto002

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roberto002
superspryte wrote:Can we have an Engrish derby? How about a typo derby? I have a design I made for it just in case we ever do...

hmmm, i think an engrish derby may offend some. The typo derby could be fun, but the winning shirt just might just have 'teh' written on it.

theinvisible

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theinvisible
Groxx wrote:Have you forgotten about the titanium sporks?
Titanium > Chopstick, therefore spork > chopstick.

(Personally, I love my chopsticks. I get tons of use out of them. But they're not very good for soup, which is where the titanium spork comes in)

But a spork is only half a spoon, which won't hold much soup, and it's pointy, which is more dangerous while using some of your attention trying not to spill the soup. Without a spork, you can just drink the soup, which is more fun anyway.

Azmamacita

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Azmamacita

Got this one for my 6 year old. He loves his sporks!

caeruleas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caeruleas

Watching shirt.woot over the past few days has been like watching the Bizzaro World version of engrish.com.

cweichel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cweichel

Best shirt of the three! and the smiley face is the best GD part!!!

sporkums

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sporkums

Love it! Ordered one.

lindab53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindab53
lindab53 wrote:Ooooh, I'd love the typo derby. Although I guess text would have to be allowed for the shirt to make sense(of a sort).

I just realized how dumb this sounds! You can't have a typo without text. However, my mind originally went to the interpretation of the typo: the design, which, I suppose could be drawn, but would definitely make no sense whatsoever unless the typo was shown. Everybody clear on that(hoping that makes sense)?

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Azmamacita wrote:Got this one for my 6 year old. He loves his sporks!

does anyone else find it worrisome that there is a 6yo somewhere in america obsessed with sporks?

Probably as many people as who feel that chopsticks, the utensil of choice in many asian countries, are somehow exclusively japanese enough to print during a Japan derby, I'd wager

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
lindab53 wrote:I just realized how dumb this sounds! You can't have a typo without text. However, my mind originally went to the interpretation of the typo: the design, which, I suppose could be drawn, but would definitely make no sense whatsoever unless the typo was shown. Everybody clear on that(hoping that makes sense)?

I actually had a couple of ideas that could be the visual interpretation of a typo without needing words. At the moment, I can't remember what they were. But yeah, it could be possible.

Or possibly only in my twisted mind.

lvlarx

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lvlarx

What's this got to do with David Bowie? I am totally clueless here, although the fact that I've never heard of this guy probably contributes to this. (Yea, I said it.)

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
DrkRonin wrote:can we write a petition for this???

Do it. I'd sign it in a second.

nuffxmaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nuffxmaster

I love it =D

Kyla Thompson