bigj40

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bigj40
BoredStiff wrote:This shirt reaps of irony.

funny how he just cannot get out the wrinkles

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
This shirt tells the world: “Death Be Not Wrinkly”

I blame myself for the server issues. I was reading some John Donne right before this shirt went up, and I think the cosmic collision blew everything up.

Proverbs32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Proverbs32

Asystole... DRT

Holloween is coming. I will wear this shirt at work on Holloween. (I am a paramedic.)

buzbybakers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buzbybakers

Is it just me or have the last couple weeks' shirts become more gimmicky than ever? what happened to the artistic quality of creativity? Yes, the shirts available are based on users votes, but come on people, can we see some better designs make it?

carl669

quality posts: 27 Private Messages carl669
alienfreak2003 wrote:I wish I knew how to read a EKG.

looks like a normal sinus rhythm to me. in for 1.

--------------------------------------
Wife: Do you really need all this junk?
Me: At least I don't ask you if it makes me look fat.

jmmbell1987

buzbybakers wrote:Is it just me or have the last couple weeks' shirts become more gimmicky than ever? what happened to the artistic quality of creativity? Yes, the shirts available are based on users votes, but come on people, can we see some better designs make it?

Gimmicky designs have been winning for ages, no more now than before.

On the flip side, I don't think this one qualifies as gimmicky. It's clever and funny. Not something I'd wear, but not a bad print all told.

weasalbalwarrior

quality posts: 7 Private Messages weasalbalwarrior

I think it's an awesome idea, very creative...but honestly what does this have to do with the harvest?! He doesn't even have a scythe!

ohioplayer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ohioplayer

Great job Travis!! N 4 1 for my daughter, the med school student. She'll love it!!

Edit: And my Woot box changed from green to plum. W00t

rtucci9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rtucci9
eHalcyon wrote:I believe it's supposed to be both steam from the iron AND the soul of the newly deceased.

I think this is the main problem transferring the design to a shirt. Think this would make a great Halloween cartoon or satirical economic commentary, but tough to pull off as a shirt. Great creativity though, but that's tgent for ya!

Ryan Tucci

oSpaZMaNo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages oSpaZMaNo

It's really not that hard. As long as you follow the normal rules(rate, regularity, rhythm and p-wave), its easier that you think. I was surprised that they rhythm on the shirt is a normal sinus(the same one a health person has on a daily basis).

NameyMcName

quality posts: 10 Private Messages NameyMcName
Proverbs32 wrote:Asystole... DRT

Holloween is coming. I will wear this shirt at work on Holloween. (I am a paramedic.)

What if you find a person dead at the scene with their family all around? Would making light of death not be a bit cruel?

oSpaZMaNo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages oSpaZMaNo
NameyMcName wrote:What if you find a person dead at the scene with their family all around? Would making light of death not be a bit cruel?

Being one myself, I highly doubt hes going to wear it while on duty...lol.

Besides, in our line of work you have to have a twisted look on life to be able to take that kind of stuff.

+1 shirt for me.

karenjmerrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karenjmerrell

Sigh... I wanted one of these, but after ten minutes of server errors, I've decided that this shirt was not meant to be mine...

martmann4

quality posts: 14 Private Messages martmann4
ctweeks2002 wrote:hows about an exercise trend... get the belly down to the point where it doesnt hang out.

That's an awful lot of work, just to wear a T-shirt.

Learn how to post a link:
[url]THE WEB ADDRESS[/url]
11 extra keystrokes, that show you care.

http://www.woot.com/Forums/languages/en-US/docs/bbcode.aspx <Like that.

NameyMcName

quality posts: 10 Private Messages NameyMcName
oSpaZMaNo wrote:Being one myself, I highly doubt hes going to wear it while on duty...lol.

Besides, in our line of work you have to have a twisted look on life to be able to take that kind of stuff.

+1 shirt for me.

Lol...I would hope not. But y'know, you never can predict what people will do.

februarystar27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages februarystar27

"It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife."

And isn't it ironic?

I'm so exhausted right now that I'm finding the shirt condition hilarious. 4:45 in the morning = time for bed.

Edit: And now that's stuck in my head as I try unsuccessfully to sleep at 5:00 a.m. Thanks woot!

abdullah424

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abdullah424

3 day woot off and i buy this shirt as soon as it's over. God Bless America

bkeokip

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bkeokip

I dig this shirt. tgentry has with no doubt been my favorite artist so far on shirt.woot. Maybe I'm a little biased since tgentry is mutually representing the Evergreen State. Regardless, the designs are still consistently solid. Congrats!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

weasalbalwarrior wrote:I think it's an awesome idea, very creative...but honestly what does this have to do with the harvest?! He doesn't even have a scythe!

He does have a scythe... a Scythe brand iron, best in the biz.

Poraro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Poraro

A lot better than the winner imo.

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

Strange, but that little ghostie there doesn't look like any creature I know. Perhaps Death doesn't just inhabit Earth? Alien conspiracy, anyone?

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug

Does Death remove old-age wrinkles from the souls?

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18

congrats on the late entry win! great concept (and design), well deserved!

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

Crovin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Crovin

So glad to see this on day two! Both the shirts I wanted right off the bat, grabbed the turtle grim yesterday (I'd have this one done and ordered already if the servers weren't messing up).

As for all of you going on about the EKG being in normal sinus rhythm it makes more sense to me. Death decided to snatch away a life that wasn't quite ready in his harvesting. Sure there could be some VT or AF but then half the population who doesn't work in the cardiology dept wouldn't have a clue what they were seeing.

Kudos to the artist, can't wait to wear it to work!

pythonkiller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pythonkiller
beautyofmachines wrote:Is this how the grim reaper keeps his robe so dark without fading in the wash?

No, he uses "Ghoulite".

JustJiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles
pythonkiller wrote:No, he uses "Ghoulite".

Oooohhh, seven colors. Tisk, tisk.

tonymontana444

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tonymontana444

lalouque

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lalouque

I'd love to order this shirt, but shirt.woot keeps giving me errors when I try to order. Sometimes just loading the main shirt.woot page gives me an error. I've now tried on 2 machines, home and work. No joy. I'm starting to feel dePRESSED... ha ha, get it... sorry.

bearysoft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bearysoft

The shirt description sounds like something out of a Stephen King novel. Avid SK fan and I love this shirt! Voted for & bought. Thanks Tgentry!

Jehremy

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jehremy

CONDITION:
10,000 Spoons

????

emerica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emerica

I actually thought this shirt was sick and I tried practically all day to buy it but I kept getting server errors until now. I'm really excited for this shirt!

erll, i'm ogg yo trsf snf dlrrp

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
JustJiggles wrote:Oooohhh, seven colors. Tisk, tisk.

Whoa, you're right.

Did the rules change on me again? I haven't been out of the game for that long, have I?

Maybe Woot just made a mistake in the write-up? I only see black, grey, white, two greens and a light blue...

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

drkblde

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drkblde

I know I will cost some money and I will most likely be ridiculed for asking it, but would it be possible to offer your shirts in 4 or 5x sizes?

iGGz

quality posts: 7 Private Messages iGGz

it would look a lot cooler without that G.A.Y. ghost thing where he is ironing

i am woot's god.

You're the giant Ken Jennings head? HOW DID YOU GET OUT?

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

eHalcyon wrote:Whoa, you're right.

Did the rules change on me again? I haven't been out of the game for that long, have I?

Maybe Woot just made a mistake in the write-up? I only see black, grey, white, two greens and a light blue...

Yeah I think it's a write-up mistake. As far as I know it's only 6.

stephenmarbut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephenmarbut
oSpaZMaNo wrote:It's really not that hard. As long as you follow the normal rules(rate, regularity, rhythm and p-wave), its easier that you think. I was surprised that they rhythm on the shirt is a normal sinus(the same one a health person has on a daily basis).

Close, but not.

This poor fellow has T waves, then the QRS complex, then a P wave....

so, his ventricles repolarize, then they contract, then his atria contract.

totally backwards. So, whoever made the design grabbed a flipped image or flipped the image to make it look like this.

Entreri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Entreri
BoredStiff wrote:This shirt reaps of irony.

You sir are going to hell for that one

jmmbell1987

iGGz wrote:it would look a lot cooler without that G.A.Y. ghost thing where he is ironing

The point of the word filter is to get you to expand your horizons and use more creative epithets. Sadly, this has flown right over your head.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
jmmbell1987 wrote:The point of the word filter is to get you to expand your horizons and use more creative epithets. Sadly, this has flown right over your head.

Creative epithets are G.A.Y

meaganhs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meaganhs

Is anyone else having major issues with server errors today?