brkak132

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brkak132

help teach people how to cook your ramen incorrectly! yeah, put your flavor in last!

Doverhere

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Doverhere

First decent shirt design I've seen in months.

lizzydoodle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lizzydoodle

I want this in poster-form for my kitchen!

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Jestik wrote:
Never was big on the whole Ramen thing. For cheap meals, I'm more of a PB&J guy, myself. But I didn't buy that shirt, either.

And we both must not have our finger on the woot pulse, because I DID buy the robot shirt this week. I sorta get a kick that it is STILL stuck on 393 sales. Not one more shirt sold since it's day in the Sun!

I'll wear it with relish. And, actually, the dailies this week are far better than the apparent derby winners. But that's just me.

Jestik, I can't believe it's still stuck at 393! I can only hope you post up a pic that spurs some sales (provided you get the shirt before it's reckoned) so that the poor guy gets some commissions. You have excellent taste; had I just a little more discretionary income at the moment, I would've picked one up without hesitation.

And yes, I agree about the relative quality of the predicted winners versus the dailies this week. I even picked up a daily (the bear one--I kept coming back to it before finally breaking down).

mrchin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrchin

3 minutes exactly, al dente, not too cooked. Plus, It's best dropping in an egg the last minute and scrambling it. Fun time during sunday football.

Edit: Don't assume the name means I'm Asian. I'm European.

yipini

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yipini

This has been my life for 3 years so far...programming just takes so much time in college.

ewersk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ewersk

He's not vomiting; he is simply "slurping" his noodles like any normal Japanese person would. Ramen is usually served in a large bowl with more hot liquid in it than I think is normal for college students and SAs. You don't try to wrap it around the chopsticks like you might with spaghetti, but instead get some noodles to your mouth and let them air-cool until you feel they are the right temperature. The louder the slurp the better.

That said, I am not buying this shirt.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik

Button's bouncing. Lot of ramen fans around here.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Dear Writers,

Being a systems administrator at a major university, I am offended that you would nonchalantly classify me and many other hard working individuals as ramen slurping keyboard mashers in your daily shirt description and as a group who would wear this shirt. Consider this my formal complaint.

Good day.

-art

jshall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jshall

May be even more amusing if the entire image was rotated 180° as if the wearer were using the shirt as a sort of cheat sheet.

JDMB20TDA

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JDMB20TDA

damn just missed it.

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug

Happy Sellout Congrats Time!

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

kqh883

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kqh883

wow, i didnt think it'd sell out so quickly...oh well, i'll take my $10 and go buy 432,457 packets of ramen with it =D

12/25/09 Santa's Sack O' Crap12/09/09 Cake or Pi? (shirt.woot)11/20/09 Procrastinate (shirt.woot)10/17/09 Rice Bowl (shirt.woot)09/28/09 6 Degrees of Delicious (shirt.woot)07/28/09 Breakdance (shirt.woot) 07/12/09 Woot-Off Lights and Burgandy Olfactory Center #1! 03/11/09 Garrity 1 Watt Pivoting Luxeon LED Headlamp 12/24/08 Philips 5 Outlet PowerSquid 10/22/08 Speck SeeThru iPhone Case - 4 Pack 09/30/02 Kingston 4GB USB 2.0 Data Traveler Thumbdrive 2 Pack

jenny939798

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny939798

Real college students eat their ramen right out of the pot it was cooked in.

Mogo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mogo

NOOOO! I saw this in the contenders and I hoped that it would be sold, but I've MISSED IT! I owe my life to ramen, quite literally. Dangit! Dangit! Dangit!! :<

jnwickremasinghe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnwickremasinghe
jmaerzke wrote:I'm a college student. I eat Ramen Noodles. I have no idea why I'd want a shirt letting everyone know I eat Ramen. Everyone already knows that because I'm a poor college student.

Couldn't you claim irony? That works in a lot of situations. Being in college would certainly make the 'irony' angle a lot more believable...

joeyfine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeyfine

Is this beyond racist? My Asian friend is none to happy

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Doverhere wrote:First decent shirt design I've seen in months.

Really? There have been several shirts in even the last two months I'd call decent.

Matt7781

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Matt7781
joeyfine wrote:Is this beyond racist? My Asian friend is none to happy

your friend should get over it....

minktheshrink

quality posts: 5 Private Messages minktheshrink
JDMB20TDA wrote:damn just missed it.

true dedication-
when your around for nearly a year and you still havent bought anything

27 Woots
13 Sellouts
18 Shirts

Bountiful Overflowing Cornucopia 07.12.2011

fayerae

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fayerae
hookemhorns212 wrote:Does anyone else think it looks like the kid is vomiting ramen?

It is a New Garbage Pail Kid!

Nah , he looks happy ...when was the last time you were happy about vomiting ?

Zennifair

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Zennifair

Not too upset to miss the shirt - yellow does not look good on me - but I actually laughed out loud reading the comments. I swear that makes my day.

And, a comment on eating them raw - back when I was in middle school, that was the cool thing to do. Everyone did it. I never ate cooked ramen until I was quite a bit older. ^_^

Also, the best way to eat ramen is after making a sauce in another pan of flour, butter, milk, and the seasoning packet, then pouring that over the drained noodles.

~Zenn

MrDude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrDude

I dont like soup.
but I love ramen noodles.
I do them diffrent then anyone has mentioned so far..

first I throw them in a bowl with water, then microwave them for 3 or 4 mins (depending on the amount of water)

i then..... duh-duh-dunnnnn... drain the water.
i know. shocking.... i drain like 98% of the water out, then pour the seasoning packet over it and stir the noodles until they're coated.... you then have nice, flavorful noodles... without all that crappy soupy-broth stuff.

alyssam09

quality posts: 4 Private Messages alyssam09

Mmm. Ramen.

I like it uncooked, oddly enough.

And I don't see how this is racist at all. I'm asian. O.o

happytootum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages happytootum

Why bother dirtying a pot? I boil up some water in my electric kettle, break up the noodles a little and put them in a bowl, sprinkle the spices over the noodles and then pour water over them and cover the bowl with a plate for a few minutes. Et voila.

wanker256

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wanker256

Aargh! Missed it. I saw it last night and was going to buy in the morning. Curse that whole "sleeping on it" idea. Now what will I wear on my weekly Ramen runs

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

I think this is a good indication of how out of touch i am with the woot audience. i really, just, am not a fan. Wheels on the bus, this, cute animals, i don't get it.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

Am I the only one more excited about goldenthorn's hopefully upcoming graphic explaining next-day sales than I was about seeing this shirt print?

mdeancherry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mdeancherry
ChefRAZ wrote:The best way to have it ,IMHO is to boil the noodles ,drain the water, add butter,And then the spices stir serve with chicken.

If I had chicken, I wouldn't be eating instant ramen noodles.

jonahf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonahf

4. Throw up in a bowl
3. Put in medium saucepan and add spices
2. Cook until vomit turns to water and add noodles
1. Enjoy vapors

Weredawg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Weredawg

I don't understand how this sold so well. I, honestly, don't like it that much.

CaboLH

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CaboLH
yankeebird wrote:Am I the only one more excited about goldenthorn's hopefully upcoming graphic explaining next-day sales than I was about seeing this shirt print?

I would rather have a shirt of Goldenhorns graphic than this one.

Kyros

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kyros
jmmbell1987 wrote:This is not true. Seasoning last is the way to go.

No way bro, seasoning before. Cooks the flavor in.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

wanker256 wrote:Aargh! Missed it. I saw it last night and was going to buy in the morning. Curse that whole "sleeping on it" idea. Now what will I wear on my weekly Ramen runs

Mogo wrote:NOOOO! I saw this in the contenders and I hoped that it would be sold, but I've MISSED IT! I owe my life to ramen, quite literally. Dangit! Dangit! Dangit!! :<

kqh883 wrote:wow, i didnt think it'd sell out so quickly...oh well, i'll take my $10 and go buy 432,457 packets of ramen with it =D

JDMB20TDA wrote:damn just missed it.

$15, starting tomorrow, HERE.

(sorry, guys, I'm just not feeling the frustration today, so it's a mild one)

jakefoltz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jakefoltz

I love this shirt design sorry they sold out or I would buy 2 one for each of my boys. All they want to eat is Ramen noodles

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
goldenthorn wrote:$15, starting tomorrow, HERE.

(sorry, guys, I'm just not feeling the frustration today, so it's a mild one)

excellent, lulz

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

OMGZ, you guys!!! I'm feeling it! I'M FEELING IT NOW!!!!

jakefoltz wrote:I love this shirt design sorry they sold out or I would buy 2 one for each of my boys. All they want to eat is Ramen noodles

*ahem*

Sir:

goldenthorn wrote:$15, starting tomorrow, HERE.

Seriously.

birge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages birge
joeyfine wrote:Is this beyond racist? My Asian friend is none to happy

Didn't you get the memo? Racism doesn't apply to Asians. As a group, they have their stuff together WAY too much to be considered eligible for race card benefits. Tell your friend I'm sorry, but for all intents and purposes, he can consider himself white. (And if he's applying to colleges, I recommend he check that box, by the way, if he wants a reasonable chance at getting in.)

birge

Weredawg wrote:I don't understand how this sold so well. I, honestly, don't like it that much.

No, I think you're lying. In fact, I'm pretty sure of it. Can you prove you didn't buy it?

birge

fayerae wrote:Nah , he looks happy ...when was the last time you were happy about vomiting ?

You clearly don't drink enough.