dxsmachina

quality posts: 129 Private Messages dxsmachina
Re: Smoky Mountains

This is so adorable. I really like this. =D

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
wootasourous wrote:They print fine, against what people say around here. But honestly, I have never had a probably with a Ramyb shirt with half-tones like this.

Why don't you tell us which heavily half-toned shirts that ramy has made that you own. Maybe post some pictures. I fully expect to hear (well I don't have a camera, blah blah, blah). Everyone has a camera or has access to one. If they look so great and everyone is wrong man up and prove it.

mrwednesday

ramyb wrote:Woot simply stated "similar shirts exist," not that lung tree shirts are banned. I believe the original was much too similar to the shirt to which it was compared in terms of composition, which is the issue I tried to change in the new version. Like I said, I wanted to add an element of subtlety to the design, in which the lungs aren't the central focus and aren't specifically noticeable at first glance. I think that because the first one was posted, it is much easier to see them now, but to someone who had never seen either submission before, they wouldn't necessarily be immediately apparent. I think that fact, combined with the difference in execution, hopefully make it different enough to stand this time. Ultimately it is up to woot to decide.

So now that you've submitted it again it's suddenly not similar to other tree lung shirts? Does this even actually make sense to you?

I want to ask a question and it is completely 100% serious and I hope I can get a serious answer. Do you have a mental disability or personality disorder of some sort? Your post here and a lot of others just don't seem to show that you really have a logical grasp over what's going on in the way that a normal person does. It also seems like your ability to relate socially is kind of impaired in a way that you miss a lot of social cues.

Again, I am 100% serious and not trying to make some joke. I almost kind of feel bad for you if that's the case given that a lot of the inability to relate to people here really isn't your fault and beyond your control.

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26
Re: bear back national park

Definitely GMV.

KIDA26

Re: Our Newest Park!

I would totally wear this. GMV.

TheIginator

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheIginator

too cool.

KIDA26

Re: DEATH NATIONAL PARK

Love it. Voted for it.

KIDA26

Re: Redundancy National Park

I would much perfer this shirt if those animals actually resembled bears, and if it was without the tal bubbles. I would buy it instantly if it wasn't for that.

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
Re: 8 bit mountain National Park

Just another entry where I am trying something new. Hope you like it!

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Redundancy National Park

I love the idea and color choice here, great job and sense of humor!

Deflit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deflit
espetrell wrote:?? That's a new one...

As to the response to "winner winner, chicken dinner" it's a common phrase to those who play the cardgame Blackjack. it's a good thing. =D

I like the lighting effect here, really neat. If the skull is intentional I don't like how it's slanted in a wierd angle.. or something. Just doesn't look right imo.

gmv though, I'd buy it if it placed.

KIDA26

Re: Bearscout

I giggled a lot... that deserves a vote.

mrwednesday

Thaleia wrote:would love to buy this one- not sure about the shirt color though. Has anyone gotten one that's dark green before? It is a nice forestly green or a dark grayish green

edit:

Nevermind, I guess it's brown. I'm not sure If that's better or worse. I was kind of looking forward to olive, but I'm going to buy it anyway.

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola

Love the feel and look to this shirt. It brings me back to younger days and camping... sans us being bears. Hopefully this will be me first brown woot shirt purchase. GMV.

walmazan

Re: Fresh landscape

Awesome work dude! GMV!

Xindra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xindra
mrwednesday wrote:So now that you've submitted it again it's suddenly not similar to other tree lung shirts? Does this even actually make sense to you?

I want to ask a question and it is completely 100% serious and I hope I can get a serious answer. Do you have a mental disability or personality disorder of some sort? Your post here and a lot of others just don't seem to show that you really have a logical grasp over what's going on in the way that a normal person does. It also seems like your ability to relate socially is kind of impaired in a way that you miss a lot of social cues.

Again, I am 100% serious and not trying to make some joke. I almost kind of feel bad for you if that's the case given that a lot of the inability to relate to people here really isn't your fault and beyond your control.

rofl

jmsisco6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmsisco6
DivineAna wrote:Delicate arch, which you're riffing on, is in Arches National Park, not Zion.

That's not the only park in Utah you find those brilliant-colored rocks - Zion is another and sounds better as a title ;)

walmazan

haha! I like the pixel idea!

KIDA26

I like it, but I feel it could have been executed a "BIT" (haha get it?) better...

walmazan

Re: Pine-Scented National Park

This tee need more atention! Its awesome!

walmazan

Re: National Park of Wahoo!

Awesome characters! And the bears' bellies make my day! Great job!

keetner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keetner
Re: Pine-Scented National Park

Hah...this is so awesome! I chuckled a bit when I saw it :P

I'm quite new at this but...is their a specific way to vote for the pieces? Or simply by clicking on the thumbnail considers as a vote...?

kender42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kender42
Re: Bear. In. Station. Wagon.

Freeballing in the National Park? A buddy of mine thought that it looked like some man parts on the top of the car. I don't know that I see it but hey I couldn't say Freeballing in the National Park if I didn't post it for him.

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
mrwednesday wrote:It's olive and the template isn't known for being accurate. This might give you a better idea of the shirt color.

Is it really olive? Looks brown to me on both monitors. Maybe it's time to recalibrate them again.

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ
jmmbell1987 wrote:Woot's rules do not require a design to look just like another to be rejected. They simply need to be too similar, and usually it's based on concept. Woot has rejected designs for similarity on far more tenuous evidence than this one.

the best example being the paul bunyan shirt from the blue derby being similar to the threadless. they didn't look alike, but had the same concept, so it was banned. therefore, if that one was axed, once again this one will be since its still the same lung concept

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ
keetner wrote:Hah...this is so awesome! I chuckled a bit when I saw it :P

I'm quite new at this but...is their a specific way to vote for the pieces? Or simply by clicking on the thumbnail considers as a vote...?

welcome. and you must first purchase a shirt or something else from one of woot's websites in order to have a vote. once you do, you'll see at the top of the design it'll have little tabs that say "i want one" to vote.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

mikenytola wrote:Is it really olive? Looks brown to me on both monitors. Maybe it's time to recalibrate them again.

It is brown. Those colors on the design have an uncanny ability to make the shirt color seem green as well. I noticed it as soon as start dropping them in.

billratio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages billratio

cool

Check out the Farting in the USA song parody and others!
http://www.youtube.com/user/thepetersonbros

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
jmmbell1987 wrote:Woot's rules do not require a design to look just like another to be rejected. They simply need to be too similar, and usually it's based on concept. Woot has rejected designs for similarity on far more tenuous evidence than this one.

I agree with the first part of this, but when it's a commonly used technique, I think they generally look to execution. That's why I wanted to try to take this one farther away from other similar shirts in terms of composition, and I detailed it much more so that it is more so a scene that you are looking into with a sort of optical illusion, rather than just a lung tree. Again, it's ultimately up to woot, that's just how I see it. If they choose to reject it again, I will continue reworking the design and possibly take it elsewhere, depending on how things go.

Just to expand on this a bit more, just think about some of the other entries in the derby. A tree and a deer on the shirt: do similar shirts exist? Of course they do, but it doesn't really matter. What about creating the shape of a skull, instead of lungs? Has that not been done before? No tree in the middle of a city? With these types of "design" based shirts (as opposed to humorous ones), woot generally chooses to leave things if the execution is different, even if the elements or concept are the same. I don't think this case should be any different. And just to be clear, I don't think any of the shirts I mentioned should be rejected in this case and am not trying to pull anyone into this, I'm simply trying to show where I'm coming from in reposting the design with the edits that I made. If woot decides it isn't enough, so be it, but that was my intention.

yumac29

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yumac29
jewelwing wrote:Sometime in the future... The whole world's gone urban. Here's all that's left of our national parks.

I actually wrote a whole story about this for a comp class sophmore year college. Except my story had a park museum. Love the shirt.

Nothing like a good shirt.woot argument. Gets me through a whole class.

hakoba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hakoba
Re: Detroit Urban Renewalhttps

I'm from Detroit and would wear this so hard.

billratio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages billratio
Re: Detroit Urban Renewalhttps

nasty awesome. GMV

Check out the Farting in the USA song parody and others!
http://www.youtube.com/user/thepetersonbros

eljay2514

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eljay2514

TikiWahine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TikiWahine
bassanimation wrote:Hahaha, yeah, I feel bad because this is super funny. But as a chick, I would not want people to see me wearing it..and if I was a dude..well..yeah. This is a great concept tho, honestly I like it. If I had more confidence I'd wear it ^^;.

Too bad, I would totally wear it!

It's more of a joke on the old Canadian Parks logo than anything. A cryptozoological reference.

mrwednesday

tgentry wrote:It is brown. Those colors on the design have an uncanny ability to make the shirt color seem green as well. I noticed it as soon as start dropping them in.

If you've got the time could you post a larger image on the brown template? I think it might help show the brown better and I for one would like a better idea of how that would look.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Of all the shirts up right now, this is the one I want!

tgentry

Staff

Great job GF! I love the little bonus at the bottom.

lindab53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindab53
tgentry wrote:Great job GF! I love the little bonus at the bottom.

What is on the sign at the bottom? Thanks! I like this one.

tgentry

Staff

lindab53 wrote:What is on the sign at the bottom? Thanks! I like this one.

It looks to me like Earth. I figured the tree was protesting all the smoking going on because of the damage to the planet.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
Re: Autumn Mist Tours

Did you use scratch board? This has a really nice feel to it.