kyordanova

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyordanova
Re: MOGWAI NATIONAL PARK

Oh my God!!! I love it!!! gmv

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Pine-Scented National Park

Thanks guys, Im glad nobody's come in with the beat-down stick over it, haha. I do wish I could touch it up a little bit, maybe make the stings the lighter color. I also had a trio of hikers at the bottom of the design at one point but I removed them. Ah well, I doubt it's going anywhere, but I'm really glad you enjoyed the joke XD.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
tgentry wrote:It looks to me like Earth. I figured the tree was protesting all the smoking going on because of the damage to the planet.

Yep, that's it exactly!

Thanks to everyone for saying such nice things

strawhat311

quality posts: 6 Private Messages strawhat311
Re: Gummistone Park

Great design! I will buy this if it prints.

VasilyHall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VasilyHall
Re: Giant Sequoia Tree

MLB star and NFL star.

Altheahelaine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Altheahelaine
Re: Thanks Dad. This is great!

oh, no.

I live, I learn, and so aid my end while I believe I'm winning

Altheahelaine

Re: Redundancy National Park

I guess people don't understand those animals aren't supposed to be bears..

lindab53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindab53
jasneko wrote:Great to hear, thanks Linda!
You could probably intern at a zoo too if you so desire;) I did watch the elephants quite a bit because they were near the areas I was generally working, and I'd look at the bears when I got a chance to go to another area of the zoo. You're right, elephants don't do well at zoos, they need more room... I think the elephants from my zoo were recently sent to a bigger park because of that. I like otters and beavers too, though there weren't any beavers at my zoo. Where have you seen pika? I don't know much about them but just googled pika and they look adorable!

I mostly did 'hands on' work with the traveling kid zoo animals, like hedgehogs, snakes (eep! couldn't believe I was holding a snake!), turtles... I wish I got to have more hands on with the bigger animals but the keepers of each animal were pretty territorial with feedings and things like that (I'm guessing there may have been rules too).

I did get some closer access though. For instance, the tiger keeper let me come to the keeper part of the tiger area and put my hand up against a mesh part of the cage (couldn't have put my hand through) and I felt the tiger's breath against my hand, which was kind of awesome. He was friendly and came up and chuffed at me (I spent a lot of time with the tigers so he knew me). A chuff is like a tiger greeting/friendly noise. It's a great feeling to be chuffed at!:D

That is so neat! I would really like to do something like that. I also know that some of the theme parks, like Sea World and ?? (the one in Tampa) have programs where you can go behind the scenes for a day and see animals up close. I've never actually seen a pika in a zoo or elsewhere. There are some videos online, like the one below, but how I found out about them in the first place was a wonderful book called Miracle on Square Top Mountain by Robert Franklin Leslie. He is 'most famous' for his book The Bears and I (true story about raising 3 orphan bear cubs) that Disney made into a movie starring Patrick (son of John)Wayne. I love your tiger story and the whole experience sounds amazing! http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7066578568747223192#

biotwist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages biotwist
Re: Smoky Mountains

love the little tree

Altheahelaine

Re: Autumn Mist Tours

a thousand times yes

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
Re: Looking Glass National Park

Insomnia Ideas Strike again... I think this one was a good one though...

jerroul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerroul
ramyb wrote:I agree with the first part of this, but when it's a commonly used technique, I think they generally look to execution. That's why I wanted to try to take this one farther away from other similar shirts in terms of composition, and I detailed it much more so that it is more so a scene that you are looking into with a sort of optical illusion, rather than just a lung tree. Again, it's ultimately up to woot, that's just how I see it. If they choose to reject it again, I will continue reworking the design and possibly take it elsewhere, depending on how things go.

Just to expand on this a bit more, just think about some of the other entries in the derby. A tree and a deer on the shirt: do similar shirts exist? Of course they do, but it doesn't really matter. What about creating the shape of a skull, instead of lungs? Has that not been done before? No tree in the middle of a city? With these types of "design" based shirts (as opposed to humorous ones), woot generally chooses to leave things if the execution is different, even if the elements or concept are the same. I don't think this case should be any different. And just to be clear, I don't think any of the shirts I mentioned should be rejected in this case and am not trying to pull anyone into this, I'm simply trying to show where I'm coming from in reposting the design with the edits that I made. If woot decides it isn't enough, so be it, but that was my intention.

Well said.

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian

Love the tree on the bottom. Great use of texture!

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
powerslaveintime wrote:why would this be rejected? it follows the theme, the 6 color rule, and the allowance of relevant text. you think the poop is grounds for rejection? it shouldn't be, 'cause everybody poops!

You're right about all the rules you followed correctly, but just know that woot has a history of rejecting poop jokes. You probably won't fall under the rejectionator's radar unless you start getting massive amounts of votes, though.

dmkooo

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dmkooo
Re: A Breath of Fresh Air (Resub)

Now they look like saggy boobs.

drgribb

quality posts: 4 Private Messages drgribb
Re: Looking Glass National Park

This is one of the sickest shirts I've seen on here in a long while. This needs to win. Maybe that's just because I'm a little crazy about cool, Alice in Wonderland references that aren't exclusively feminine, I dunno. But if it doesn't win and you wind up doing a cafepress or something, please let me know so I can buy this. Pretty prease

spazmojack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spazmojack
Re: Hades National Park

where do i sign up for the boat rides?

SirGecko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SirGecko
krisrobinson wrote:You know who Smokey the bear is right...

Smokey has nothing to do with National Parks. (he's the Forest Service)

raspberryfh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages raspberryfh

reminds me of zombieland...

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

The only shirt I'd buy. And sadly, I don't think I'll be able to but I voted anyway.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
ramyb wrote:
Just to expand on this a bit more, just think about some of the other entries in the derby. A tree and a deer on the shirt: do similar shirts exist? Of course they do, but it doesn't really matter. What about creating the shape of a skull, instead of lungs? Has that not been done before? No tree in the middle of a city? With these types of "design" based shirts (as opposed to humorous ones), woot generally chooses to leave things if the execution is different, even if the elements or concept are the same. I don't think this case should be any different. And just to be clear, I don't think any of the shirts I mentioned should be rejected in this case and am not trying to pull anyone into this, I'm simply trying to show where I'm coming from in reposting the design with the edits that I made. If woot decides it isn't enough, so be it, but that was my intention.

Point understood and taken.

To be honest, the biggest issue is woot's general inconsistency with rejections. As stated before, they've made more tenuous rejections than on designs like this, but they've also let more obvious ones slip by to print, I think. It'd benefit everyone if they'd establish that, for example, no previously used design motifs of any sort are allowed.

grasshopperjonez

quality posts: 9 Private Messages grasshopperjonez
Re: A Heavenly Little Hike

I don't get it... What am I missing??

Your friendly neighborhood GrassHopper

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
jmmbell1987 wrote:Point understood and taken.

To be honest, the biggest issue is woot's general inconsistency with rejections. As stated before, they've made more tenuous rejections than on designs like this, but they've also let more obvious ones slip by to print, I think. It'd benefit everyone if they'd establish that, for example, no previously used design motifs of any sort are allowed.

'zactly. No one knows what Woot will do, and it leads to speculation and arguements. Right now, no one really knows IF Woot will reject, or WHEN Woot will reject.

Although I've got to say that they seem to have jumped on the rejections a little quicker for this derby.

drgribb

quality posts: 4 Private Messages drgribb
Re: Heroes Valley (RUSHMORE VR.)

looks like Booster to me

prism369

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prism369
drgribb wrote:This is one of the sickest shirts I've seen on here in a long while. This needs to win. Maybe that's just because I'm a little crazy about cool, Alice in Wonderland references that aren't exclusively feminine, I dunno. But if it doesn't win and you wind up doing a cafepress or something, please let me know so I can buy this. Pretty prease

I second this motion.

monkeypye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeypye

Damn!

Now the song for this game is stuck in my head

monkeypye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeypye

UGH!!!

I would have bought this in an instance!

danwo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danwo
Re: Yodel-ay-ee-ooooo

I would never wear this, but I am sad it got rejected for really no reason at all.

colababy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colababy

I love the Giant Sequoia's. I just visited a month ago. Very nice.

taninniver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taninniver
spazmojack wrote:where do i sign up for the boat rides?

That would be at the boathouse - ask for Charon. Fee is one danake!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Tower Search

National Parks are important ... a safe haven for wildlife...

there's a message I'm trying to convey here, but words aren't really working right now, because it's time to sleep.

Votes and feedback appreciated, thank you.

kliniczny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kliniczny

YES!

Got my vote, got my love, got my money.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Bearscout

fantastic work!

lucky1988

Re: Campfire Tales

Awesome, great characters as usual!

lucky1988

Re: Lost Souls Cavern

Beautiful work!

lucky1988

Re: The Last Park

great concept and illustration!

lucky1988

Re: Thanks Dad. This is great!

Love the retro style and concept!

lucky1988

Re: Giant Sequoia

great illustration, love the colors and cross hatching.

nerdra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nerdra

Dude, I love it!

nerdra