hotgrog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hotgrog
Re: Futile Effort re-sub

nice - id buy one

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
Re: X-treme National Park

You're on fire! This is indeed X-treme.

BTW, is it Bass like the guitar, or Bass like the fish?

Xebby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xebby

I really like how the colors almost seem to "glow" on the black shirt.

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
jerroul wrote:...based on their...plumpness...I'm guessing that they are leaving because they were just told they have to lay off the cheese sauce - the only thing that makes broccoli edible...

That and ranch dressing.

Cool design. I like how the deer is sophisticated enough to have luggage on wheels, whereas the bear is taking the more hobo approach. :p

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed
Re: Broccoli National Park

Wow awesome! The colors look great together.

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007

Hmm... I don't know... the deer that visit the garden in my back yard seem to love broccoli... XD

I do love the design, though!

wootasourous

quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous
Finley4 wrote:Isn't there supposed to be bright electric blue background dots next to that drip? It's completely non-existent in your picture. I don't think you proved your point, quite the opposite.

Here you go. It is a bit wrinkly because I need to wash it again. But you can see the blue misty background quite well.

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm

This is so dumb it is awesome. LOL. GMV

>insert funny quote here<

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
wootasourous wrote:

Here you go. It is a bit wrinkly because I need to wash it again. But you can see the blue misty background quite well.

Why is this like pulling teeth? Take a picture of the entire shirt (no poor lighting please). Not just a frame of the design. The entire shirt. A large picture would be nice as well, the others are pretty low rez.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

@orzine - Ok... I see all your points, even if I do think you're being a bit too analytical. However, since you mentioned that this shirt makes as little sense to you as the fogged gummy bear shirt, I'm confused to why you picked this one to criticize. Just to clear it up, you don't have to worry - this has no chance of winning at 14 votes!

As to the Cooking derby, I included one bear toasting the bagels (and another putting cream cheese on one) in order to keep it on theme. I'm sorry if that wasn't enough cooking for you... there are some who consider toasting things their only cooking skill!;)

Vote!

monkeyswag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyswag
Re: Thanks Dad. This is great!

I like the way you think. Great design.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
punkrock210 wrote:yeah the forums here at woot can be pretty vicious. Especially when it comes to newer people, some of the veterans tend to pick on them as if having more purchases on a website makes you cool or something. Whatever. Anyways, I loved this shirt, I was going to buy one if given the chance! Too vbad it got rejected

No, it has nothing to do with new people. It has to do with people who happen to be new that come in without any knowledge of the past or any respect for the community here or the designers that made shirt woot what it is and whine and moan that their favorite designs shouldn't have to follow the rules.

It also comes from new people assuming that after a derby or two that they know everything there is to know about the derbies when they have no concept of the history here. Beyond that, they tend to be incredibly touchy at any insinuation that anything should be more important than their $10 t-shirt.

The rules are in place for a reason and the themes are in place for a reason. It is not just a t-shirt. There is a very substantial reward for printing which can make a huge difference for the artists who put their time and effort into designing and those rewards should never be doled out to the same stagnant designs just because "I like it" or because "I want to spite the people who don't like this."

Many new people realize that the veterans have been here a long time and seen a lot more than they have and so have a better perspective of what's going on. They also put in the effort to understand where people are coming from and have some respect for the process.

The new people who get hate tend to be self centered and expect to have everything handed to them and that any disagreement with their wishes is tantamount to murder. If more of the new people had a little more respect for the artists and designers here there would be infinitely fewer issues.

Jaiyla

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jaiyla
Re: Lost Souls Cavern

I put a vote in for this because it is so beautiful. As a girly girl, the only thing that attracts me from wearing it is the skull, even though I know that's the whole point of the shirt. But it's just so beautiful and deserves to be printed.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2

Great design! I love how you used the elements of the design itself to frame it out rather than it just being a big block in the middle of the shirt.

imsochady

quality posts: 26 Private Messages imsochady

Hahaha! This is great! GMV for sure!

ladyzita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladyzita
grasshopperjonez wrote:I don't get it... What am I missing??

That camping=10,000 mosquito bites. Truly. Go for a hike, and leave with a pint less blood. Unless you live in the desert or something. Then you just get scorpion bites. But I digress.

glitchigo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glitchigo
AlexIAm wrote:This is so dumb it is awesome. LOL. GMV

It's a damn shame this is kinda a late submission, I would wear this shirt with pride!

BaldBob007

I don't know, perhaps it is just the poor lighting, but this displays the biggest problem I have with Ramy's designs. The colors used are very misleading. They look beautiful as graphic art; but on a t-shirt, they just seem dull.

If wootasaurus is happy, I'm glad. But I don't think I would be happy with this print.

kender42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kender42
Re: leaving so soon?

Was this inspired by the Ranma 1/2 about the Tunnel Of Love that actually breaks couples up?

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
Re: Looking Glass National Park

I took the other version down as this one seems to be doing better... plus I think the solids seem to pop better than the distressed colors.

once again thanks for all the support!

annkingwriter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annkingwriter
Re: leaving so soon?

The dog-poo bag dispenser is the perfect touch.
I spent a couple of decades camped in this particular National Park. Okay, maybe three decades. Whatever. I wish I could send this shirt to my exes.

KingA

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris

Damn, that's epic! I sort of busted out laughing... which I don't do very much. Completely ridiculous, so its perfect! Nice job.

kender42

Re: Tower Search

More 'Over The Hedge' and less National Park imo.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
Re: Late Night Sequoia

That's a really pretty picture, but it's not even close to printable, nor did you submit it on a template.

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02

holy picture stealing gradients batman! there's no shirt template!

wakup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wakup
subsider34 wrote:Smokey is from the National Forest Service, not the National Park Service!

So true! But he still doesn't like forest fires!

jones141

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jones141
Foildisc wrote:did the binary mean anything?

Assuming ASCII values:
0101 0010 = 082 = R
0110 1111 = 111 = o
0110 0010 = 098 = b
0110 1111 = 111 = o
0111 0100 = 116 = t

billwill91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billwill91
Re: The Last Park

its like silent running!!
awesome movie...

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: Joshua Tree Sunset

@semirose Thank you and I agree that are cool trees.

@euphoricxtragedy Thank you! Cool SN.

@amishjedi Thank you for the kind words!

@leonAzul Thank you??

@notruthingod Thanks for the encouraging words and the vote!

@sgoman5674 Wow and thanks!

BaldBob007

graffd02 wrote:holy picture stealing gradients batman! there's no shirt template!

And that's not even a sequoia!!! :o

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: Guadalupe

Nice!

kender42

graffd02 wrote:holy picture stealing gradients batman! there's no shirt template!

and I am betting more than 6 colors!

TeslaBomb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TeslaBomb
Re: Thanks Dad. This is great!

It gets my vote i will buy this shirt if it prints. Makes me think about the years and years of camping i did as a kid, we didn't have i-phones though. >_<

egad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages egad

so cool!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Ah, a BEAR!

Awesome characters and colors. Love their expressions!

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
Re: Yodel-ay-ee-ooooo

Bwahahahahaha, obviously I'm late, but I just wanted to add, bwahahahahahaha. Fantastic!

kender42

Still looks like more than 6 colors.

dxsmachina

quality posts: 112 Private Messages dxsmachina

glitchigo wrote:It's a damn shame this is kinda a late submission, I would wear this shirt with pride!

It seems to be getting votes very quickly... Go Go Go! The bear is awesome!

Ginnna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ginnna
grldollies wrote:Yea, glad it's back - love it! Great Design, I like the new re-make better. Lovely – he kept it basic scene the same. To all the saggy boobers out there - BUY a GOOD BRA! Spend some of that money saved from a bargain priced WOOT t-shirt. Complaining about half-tones the lung shape, the tree placement blaa bla blaa bla bla . . . such a minor thing, the over all design is picturesque. Get a grip people this is for a $10 t-shirt (less if you subtract what it costs to ship). I spend way more on a bottle of tide to clean it! A WOOT rejection is a shame, so many have a common design concept – just executed differently. A lot of designs lately have been rather silly.

Where'd this resub go? I can't find it anymore...

You love this signature. It's awesome.

GamePlaya3159

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GamePlaya3159

Looks like a shirt I saw a couple months ago. Its a great design, but I dont think I would want a big square on my shirt. I like the designs that use the shirt as one of the colors.