JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
KaylaJ wrote:huh, i never realized if you get rejected you can make it vanish.

You can make anything* vanish if it's under the 24 hour time frame. Just like he did.

*within the confines of the derby submissions themselves. I can't say the same for designers or poor entries that remain and are not rejected.

Altheahelaine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Altheahelaine
Re: ATLien National Park

This is fantastic and bizarre.

I live, I learn, and so aid my end while I believe I'm winning

nitro230

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nitro230
Re: DEATH NATIONAL PARK

Thanks Jaden. I would def pick this shirt up if it won...

yerapinhead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yerapinhead

I also live near Mammoth Cave and would LOVE one of these shirts! Anyone else ever take the ALL-DAY tour? They serve you LUNCH down there! It's GREAT!

beefzaweef

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beefzaweef
srm8ib4 wrote:The shirt doesn't flow. You're mixing two different styles of design.

Three...

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ
JadenKale wrote:Could you, at the very least, go on about how in Egypt cats were treated as gods? I'd find that rather fitting for you, Kayla.

since cats were domesticated by egyptians cause they could kill the mice and snakes, i hope adders are not common to northern africa! of course if i'm a cute ramby cat, i may in trouble anyway, esp since i'll probably have poor eyesight...

sugareeali

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sugareeali
Re: Redundancy National Park

Robbed again. : (

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
KaylaJ wrote:since cats were domesticated by egyptians cause they could kill the mice and snakes, i hope adders are not common to northern africa! of course if i'm a cute ramby cat, i may in trouble anyway, esp since i'll probably have poor eyesight...

If you were a ramy cat you'd have one blank expression and you wouldn't be able to walk because of your grossly distorted anatomy and stumpy, pawless legs.

chaos42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaos42
Re: Campfire Tales

great shirt, would love to buy one!!!

kender42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kender42
Iridox wrote:If you re-do this on a black shirt and blend the colors into the shirt so it isn't a hard box, this could totally be a winner.

...and reduced the number of colors.

roofdiver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roofdiver
kender42 wrote:What does this have to do with National Parks? Parkway does not a National Park make.

wallyrit wrote:

"Ha! Ha! Blue Moon Parkway, a take off on the Blue Ridge Parkway. But a little higher yet. According to how you look at."

Guess you didn't read that.

"Parkway does not a National Park make." Wow, learn to write before you type anything that makes you look dumb as a box of rocks.

"Blue Moon Parkway"
Blue Ridge Parkway
"Blue Moon Parkway"
Blue Ridge Parkway
Are you getting it?

The Blue Ridge Parkway is partly located within the Pisgah National Forest. So "Blue Moon Parkway" is a play on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Hope I spelled it out for you good enough.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: the other side of the mountain

I just think this would be a hysterical shirt to have. No National Park names, so I ought to be safe, right?
If you've every gone off the beaten path, taken a walk on the wild side, wondered what the bear saw when he went over the mountain, then this shirt is for you. Or, if you've just had your butt kicked one too many times, cast a vote this way!

MEMANIA

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MEMANIA
Re: Mt. Robot National Park

What exactly makes some shirts not copyrighted and others copyrighted? Is it the characters or what?

I mean, I'd imagine Dr. Who and Back to the Future are copyrighted, as well as TMNT, Super Mario, Yogi Bear, and a handful of other stuff that's been printed on woot shirts.

redheadedrunner20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redheadedrunner20
Re: Giant Sequoia

great illustration, I like!

MEMANIA

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MEMANIA
Re: Campfire Tales

If the shirt isn't animated, I'm not buying. FALSE ADVERTISING!

Seriously though... it's like a mind trick to make you look at this submission, because you think you see something move and you're not sure so you focus on the design more than others.

Very clever.

MadHammer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MadHammer
Re: X-treme National Park

How is this not in the Fog!???! This shirt is Amazing!

imtheotherguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imtheotherguy
Josephus wrote:Well, as I told Woot on submission, the name of the mountain is Rushmore, a name much older than the national memorial, which is Mount Rushmore National Memorial. My shirt only says "Rushmore". If they decide that is close enough, I can't stop them from rejecting it, but I think my design is in line with what they intended.

I think you might be able to get this a Honorable Mention if you resub with out Rushmore

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
kender42 wrote:...and reduced the number of colors.

...and didn't steal it from a stock site.

Josephus

imtheotherguy wrote:I think you might be able to get this a Honorable Mention if you resub with out Rushmore

yeah, I've remade it, prolly resub it this afternoon. Digmore instead of Rushmore. ;^)

BenjCra03

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BenjCra03
Re: Unsung Heros

I doubt we know anyone else who works as hard.

Atsu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Atsu
Re: sleep, eat, hike, enjoy

It's a lot like "Wheels on the Bus..."

w/e.

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26

A definite buy for me if it prints. Awesome! It's so effin X-Treme! I think I need a Mtn Dew!!

misstephani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misstephani

[quote]Re: The Caves: They are Mammoth
[/quote

We were just there! Wish they had this in the gift shop.

cloverpatch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cloverpatch

This has been done. I have a shirt with the back side of Rushmore on it (haha, even same color shirt). While this IS an original design, it is definitely not an original idea. Sorry to break it to you.

depward

quality posts: 6 Private Messages depward

Beautiful design, great work! GMV

Discoshrew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Discoshrew

How is this not doing better? so clever and well drawn. GMV

sylph01

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sylph01
Josephus wrote:I have to agree with you. I was certainly wrong about it- I shamefacedly concede the point and will add an edit to my comment in a minute. I must confess that I didn't look anything up- I read a story long ago about the importation of sequoias to London, and the difficulty they had in keeping them alive at first- I think they ended up building charcoal ovens that they buried underground below the trees so that they could keep the ground warm enough in the winter. This would have been at that big Conservatory- must have been while Queen Victoria was alive. It might have even been fiction, now that I think about it.

There are also three types of Sequoias... I hadn't heard of sequioa gigantis growing well anywhere else!

bigfoot1107

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigfoot1107
cmdixon2 wrote:...and didn't steal it from a stock site.

...and returned it to its original dimensions.

sylph01

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sylph01
Josephus wrote:well, not entirely:

The accompanying article describes very successful plantings in Italy, and, indeed, most of western and southern Europe, including much of Great Britain as well as this planting in Scotland.

Excellent research! Having spent most of my life on the north coast and mountains of California, I'm partial... and happy to see that others have been able to meet the requirements of the tree to grow them elsewhere.

tenieldjo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tenieldjo
KaylaJ wrote:its time like this i wish i had a psychic's degree to talk about schodinger and his kittens, a nursing degree to ask about cat scans, or at least a bank to throw up banker cat, alas i have a history degree which means the closest i can get is calling you kittens but spelling it khitan

XD I'm not trying to be a smartass, I just think it's funny to think that all physicists are psychic. Comes with the territory.

Altheahelaine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Altheahelaine
Re: Oh Deer!

hell yes

I live, I learn, and so aid my end while I believe I'm winning

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: Floating Rock National Park

Haha, I love it. I don't think I would want to visit though..

darcypo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darcypo
Re: Mount Bubbmore

they's for decoration

no li'l sis?

darcypo

Re: What I Say!?

this COULD be totally sweet but is lacking that extra 'something'... cigarettes and matches not really clear enough, i had to stare way too long at it to get it.

maybe if the perspective was more from the side and not so front-on (is that an expression??) it would work. plus the rabbit should look like a grungy smoking bad kid. sort of.

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
Re: Checklist of Things to See and Avoid

Natural wonder = good.
Mongoose = bad.

darcypo

AAAAAHHHHHAA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAHHH! HA, HA... oh, oh, hang on man...

BWAAAAAA-HA HAAAAHHH!!

you got my vote, this is flippin' sweet

naktipi

quality posts: 4 Private Messages naktipi
kenney9226 wrote:Natural wonder = good.
Mongoose = bad.

Like the design, just not the color of the shirt!

Mmm. Pie.

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
MEMANIA wrote:What exactly makes some shirts not copyrighted and others copyrighted? Is it the characters or what?

I mean, I'd imagine Dr. Who and Back to the Future are copyrighted, as well as TMNT, Super Mario, Yogi Bear, and a handful of other stuff that's been printed on woot shirts.

On Woot's part, it's a judgement call as to whether the item in question has enough parody that the copyright owners won't come calling. It might also be about how likely certain copyright owners are to sue over more trivial things. If one of them is known to be more aggressive in protecting the copyright, then it's wise to back off from annoying them. You don't have to lose a lawsuit for it to be expensive, so even if you're right about it being parody and you win the case, you've still lost a lot. I doubt the sales of a single tee shirt would cover much of a lawsuit.

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
naktipi wrote:Like the design, just not the color of the shirt!

Thanks!

Royal Blue is the new Brown/Asphalt!

Josephus

cloverpatch wrote:This has been done. I have a shirt with the back side of Rushmore on it (haha, even same color shirt). While this IS an original design, it is definitely not an original idea. Sorry to break it to you.

We looked diligently while there this summer to find a shirt like this and couldn't. Maybe there are shirts somewhat similar, I never saw one. I don't think mine is as similar to anything out there as more than a few previously printed woot designs are to other previously printed designs (cough, Aarghyle, cough, cough, paroxysm of coughing over the others).