odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: Carnivore Valley Park

This is a really great design, I especially love your color choices.

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
genericsmith wrote:Do a lot of other people feel this way about the color?

If it'd help with votes I could probably do some color changing today.

I'm pretty disappointed with the amount of votes this shirt is getting so I'd like some feedback of what I could do different. Especially if it's just colors or something.

Hmmmm well, you could possibly swap the two main colors - make the rest of his uniform a dark brown (hat and pants) and make the shirt a kelly green or something. I'm not sure. Sorry you're not getting more votes, this is a very creative design =( stupid colorful stolen sequoia shirts be dammed! (not tgentry's- you know which ones I'm talking about)

JesseBYAH

genericsmith wrote:Do a lot of other people feel this way about the color?

If it'd help with votes I could probably do some color changing today.

I'm pretty disappointed with the amount of votes this shirt is getting so I'd like some feedback of what I could do different. Especially if it's just colors or something.

Hmmmm well, you could possibly swap the two main colors - make the rest of his uniform a dark brown (hat and pants) and make the shirt a kelly green or something. I'm not sure. Sorry you're not getting more votes, this is a very creative design =( stupid colorful stolen sequoia shirts be dammed! (not tgentry's- you know which ones I'm talking about)

JesseBYAH

JesseBYAH wrote:Hmmmm well, you could possibly swap the two main colors - make the rest of his uniform a dark brown (hat and pants) and make the shirt a kelly green or something. I'm not sure. Sorry you're not getting more votes, this is a very creative design =( stupid colorful stolen sequoia shirts be dammed! (not tgentry's- you know which ones I'm talking about)

Whoops, double post. Sorry.

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
graffd02 wrote:I took the other version down as this one seems to be doing better... plus I think the solids seem to pop better than the distressed colors.

once again thanks for all the support!

Is it the Cheshire cat or the name? give me SOMETHING to go off of here...

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
odysseyroc wrote:I think this would have made it, had you submitted it on the first day. It's easily the best of the bunch, I just think that lack of time is the thing that's going to keep this one from the top.

I know, man it's just so tough. I didnt even get the idea til way late, then I stayed up all night trying to eek it in as quick as possible.

Awww well, it was a valiant effort, and now this deranged image exists upon the earth for us all to giggle at :D.

drgribb

quality posts: 4 Private Messages drgribb
Re: Looking Glass National Park

Poop, so it just got rejected... I wasn't really expecting it to get the hundreds of votes it needed to at least make honorable mention in a few days anyways though...
Please please please can you take this to cafepress or something?? I am dying to get this shirt. I will reward you with 1,000 free internets. Or something like that.
Thanks

Jaiyla

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jaiyla
Re: Gummistone Park

gummy bearsssss
<333 would buy this in a second!!

powerslaveintime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages powerslaveintime
Leahbh wrote:rejected!

lol. guess u were right. i guess animals in a park are not the same as the park itself.

i really need to learn more about the way these rejections work cause it really is like splitting hairs to me. i mean, my entry of a chef popping out of a stove for last weeks cooking theme was rejected because chefs and stoves/ovens apparently have nothing to do with cooking!

i'm sure the patterns will become more clear to me in a few more weeks, but in the future please give reasons why u think any entries i post may be rejected. i really want to figure out the details (like some interesting posts i read this week about the fine line between parody and copyright infringement) so that i don't keep wasting hours and hours on all of these entries to have them rejected because they are off-topic, despite my having designed them with the topic in mind (i have made 5 original submissions in 3 weeks and 3 were rejected as off-topic to much surprise on my part).

applesauced

quality posts: 0 Private Messages applesauced

Awesome! John Muir and the work he did to help found/protect places like Yosemite and Mt. Rainier is totally inspirational!

SirSquinty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SirSquinty

Get back in the fog!!!

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=35867]Urban National Park

Man, this one is really cool and unique. I dig it. It should have more love.

bassanimation

Re: X-treme National Park

For those of you who wanted to see a bigger version, I've uploaded one to my site for you.

http://bassanimation.com/Portfolio/Illustration/Xtremenationalpark5copy.jpg

I appologize for any sloppyness, I was rushing like mad to get it done. Enjoy!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Altheahelaine wrote:hell yes

LOL thank you!

picasserole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
matto1985 wrote:I really like this design, but I don't see the connection to the theme.
= the dinos are confined within Dinosauria National Park. Think Spielberg...

Looks awesome though.

Yes..;p

JadenKale

drgribb wrote:Poop, so it just got rejected... I wasn't really expecting it to get the hundreds of votes it needed to at least make honorable mention in a few days anyways though...
Please please please can you take this to cafepress or something?? I am dying to get this shirt. I will reward you with 1,000 free internets. Or something like that.
Thanks

So long as they still wait 60 days, they can do whatever they want with it. Woot still retains the rights to any and all designs entered for 60 days, even if it's rejected.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
genericsmith wrote:Good catch... I wonder if the art theives actually think they'll get away with it.

People such as Olechka and Brainbox have finagled multiple prints at other sites, even after their work has been proven to be mostly tracework of other people's pictures and, in the latter case, unaltered thievery of old sci-fi illustrations.

The fact is, somewhere down the barrel, people decided that art doesn't belong to the artist. Not in an MP3 downloading way, but in a "you made this, so I'll take it, and sell it as mine" way. This site alone, week after week, fails to see how trite, derivative, and even stolen work is WRONG, and the antithesis of art.

Edit: which is, by the way, one more reason woot needs to knock voting's importance down a peg.

kender42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kender42
Re: Late Night Sequoia

How did they reject the other one but not this!

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
Re: X-treme National Park

CLIIIIIIMB, DAMN YOU, CLIMB!!!!!!!!

I think this definitely would be in the fog if it'd been up on Friday. Bass, stay up all night on Thursday so you can submit a great batch of designs first thing when the Derby starts.

xespera

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xespera
Misskari wrote:CLIIIIIIMB, DAMN YOU, CLIMB!!!!!!!!

I think this definitely would be in the fog if it'd been up on Friday. Bass, stay up all night on Thursday so you can submit a great batch of designs first thing when the Derby starts.

I believe it still has a chance. You have to clap if you believe in bearsplosions! Or... just tell your friends. This is too good a shirt to lose momentum now

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Smoky Mountains

I really love your texures. Great design.

bassanimation

Misskari wrote:CLIIIIIIMB, DAMN YOU, CLIMB!!!!!!!!

The problem is, I usually dont think of good stuff til it's too late..awww. I will see what the next derby is. I may need to sit one out to do some other work stuffs, but I really enjoy the race. It's fun to watch and see all the great stuff. :D

kajjak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kajjak
picasserole wrote:I spent a considerable chunk of time on the details you described so well and you may take that to include the 'silliness', of t-rex getting lanced through the bottom of the jaw, courtesy of the tail of one freaked-out, 'steak-o-saurus'! lol???

Although there appears to be some uncertainty, as to the degree of flexibility and exact purpose of Stegosaurus's spiny tail, I like to think of it as a magnificent weapon, especially useful when pursued, by the fiercesome jaws of a ravenous T-rex.

Ohhh, it was supposed to go through. XD

I obviously failed to realize that; the dark colors deceived my eyes. ;P

jerroul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerroul
Re: the other side of the mountain

Are the words "yes, the design is on the back!!!" printed on the back? I'm easily confused today...

bassanimation

Re: Oh Deer!

Awwww, this design is awesome! Very clever, and I love the use of the bear's sillhouette (sp?) as the bg! Nice work!

JustJiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles
Re: Gummistone Park

I love this. I just want to eat that Orange one right up! Also, thank you for putting this on Kelly Green. The most underused shirt color of all.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
mrwednesday wrote:Not the first time might I add. If you check his stuff on SDS there are a few shirts that got rejected that I never even saw before. His little japan collage got rejected the first time around too but I have no idea why.

The shirt was indeed rejected and I removed it, just because of the way that woot has things now where the shirts stay in their current ranking in the middle of the contest when sorted by votes. I couldn't remove this one because it was outside of its first 24 hours.

As for the "japan collage," it wasn't actually ever rejected. SDS seems to have a weird glitch or something where, if a shirt is removed when it doesn't have any votes yet, it comes up as rejected rather than removed (or something along those lines, I haven't done it enough times to know for sure, it might have something to do with the amount of time that it is up)- I posted it several times with the wrong comp/thumbnail/file, etc. and deleted quickly- same thing happened with the dragon maiden design that shows rejected (the thumbnail and comp didn't match correctly so I deleted and reposted immediately). Not sure what causes it, but neither of those designs were actually rejected (there was no reason for them to be, considering that other versions of them that were nearly identical were allowed).

Twistedmonkey22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Twistedmonkey22
Re: Image.nation Park

I hope this qualifies for "national park" because the shirt is very well done and wearable.

graffd02

HollidayStudios

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HollidayStudios
Re: Those dumb kids never listen

so why was this rejected?

graffd02

drgribb wrote:Poop, so it just got rejected... I wasn't really expecting it to get the hundreds of votes it needed to at least make honorable mention in a few days anyways though...
Thanks

I'll send you a message after 60 days if I don't get an honorable mention, I'll put it up on cafepress or somewhere comparable (cafepress can get a bit expensive for the buyer I'd like to find a cheaper alternative for my shirts that don't make it...)

In the meantime I fixed the shirt now go over and re-vote!

JadenKale

HollidayStudios wrote:so why was this rejected?

I can only figure it was rejected due to the 'Smokey' hat reference, seeing that is copyrighted.

Bandrik

quality posts: 73 Private Messages Bandrik
Re: Floating Rock National Park

After all the times I've pondered why so many 2D platformer games involve floating rocks (or boxes, blocks, bricks, scaffolds, castles, islands, and so on...), or how they stay afloat forever... this shirt really puts a little spotlight on this strange phenomena.

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138

Thanks a ton for the comments and suggestions. I agree that the pixels look off, because I made each item, then ended up resizing them, and completely changing the look of everything. I won't do that in the future.

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed
Re: Oh Deer!

I agree the silhouette is a very nice choice. :] I also really like the buck.

irishflowrpowr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irishflowrpowr
Re: Guadalupe

this is gorgeous. i'm sorry you're not getting more votes than this!

fellow texan

JesseBYAH

bassanimation wrote:The problem is, I usually dont think of good stuff til it's too late..awww. I will see what the next derby is. I may need to sit one out to do some other work stuffs, but I really enjoy the race. It's fun to watch and see all the great stuff. :D

This is climbing pretty darn fast, and there's still 2 days left. This may make it to the fog, but if not, I think you'll probably have your second HM in a row. This shirt is amazing!

slomer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slomer

I absolutely love this shirt! I will buy two.

JesseBYAH

powerslaveintime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages powerslaveintime
Re: Forest Adventure

wonderful design. should be higher in the ranks - much better than most above it. GMV.