TempestWings

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TempestWings
Re: The Last Park

It reminds me of the short story 'Autumn.' Man, I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hope that this one gets printed!

SunsetSam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SunsetSam
Re: Our Newest Park!

This is an awesome design, why it doesn't have 1000 more votes, is beyond me. Hope it gets an HM!! GMV, and good luck!

wrackune

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrackune
Re: X-treme National Park

this is the shirt of which dreams are made... I want this to win sooooooo bad!

pam5000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pam5000

It doesn't even need text - the point is made quite clear visually. Having just had this vacation several times with my 2 boys, I can really identify with it. Unfortunately, I need one with a mom on it

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
KaylaJ wrote:no better than anyone else with the last part.

yeah i know, but i don't claim to be better, or give designers snarky attitudes. i give constructive feedback if i have it. he provides nothing.

anyone he bashes, i bash him. the difference is his posts stay, mine get tattled and deleted. but i am ok with that, because the pm's i get are pretty funny.

Happy Beer.

slhampel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slhampel
Megatrain wrote:I'm not sure this has more than 6 colors, because the dark green is the shirt color:

White
Grey
Black
Light Brown
Dark Brown
Light Green
Dark Green (shirt color, doesn't count)

Don't forget Blue.

Too bad. Neat idea.

millylenora

quality posts: 0 Private Messages millylenora

Hey thanks! It was just a quick sub… was looking for a more vintage look… about the spelling, it was late… just as I submitted EVERYTHING, I noticed... It would be fixed before it was printed... oooh! Maybe I could just make it a mixed message shirt now; you know, respect or Forrests? Like respect the Forrest Gumps in the world :D yeah… ok, I'm really reaching in excuses.. its just a misspelling ! hehehe!

jabberjaws13

Re: the other side of the mountain

i have a small issue with this one. the mountains are setup all wrong. george should look the furthest away, jefferson and lincoln should look roughly the same distance away but jefferson looking taller, and then roosevelt should be closest. it looks like you just mirrored the image and erased the faces.

not that it matters, just that i've seen the back side. i do like the concept of putting it on the back of the shirt though.

Happy Beer.

Irsic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Irsic
leonAzul wrote:This is so wicked wrong it GMV.

Have you considered Pittsburgh, PA and/or Camden, NJ for similar treatment?

None of which cities compare to Detroit for this particular joke.

Paul Bastien

loubabe01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loubabe01
Re: dig it

I would buy this shirt whether it wins or not! I love this! Both my housemates want one too.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
ramyb wrote:stuff

Your mockup

What woot sold

What the shirt actually looks like.

Now what I am seeing is that from your comp to the woot comp the book was completely changed to make it more distinct. The colors of the cauldron, cat and book were made brighter so that they'd show up better. The halftoning was reduced on the cauldron. The greens in the flames are duller. The gray border is more distinct and the superfine halftones were all converted to woot-printable halftones and the random lines were added that don't look good at all.

What I see going from woot's mock up to the shirt is that the greens look nothing alike and there is a much bigger haze of halftones around the design for some reason. They are very distinct as we said they would be and look nothing like the original mock. 99% of the detail around the legs and the cauldron is completely lost and it still has nothing to do with cooking.

If I get time to do this for blue moon I will or someone can do it for me, but again if this is the shirt I got based on what I voted for I'd be pissed.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday

yay internet hiccup.

Junka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Junka
Re:

This looks really nice and is funny for a quick second, but on the other hand - it's dissing national parks. There aren't enough parks and protected areas as it is, and people who would wear this shirt would be advertising that national parks are boring and overrated

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
eHalcyon wrote:I'm not keeping up with derby threads anymore so I don't know what else has been said, but the two photos seem to match up well with Woot's mock-ups on the respective product pages. The greens on the cauldron design are a bit different, but ramy said the actual shirt has more yellow in it, which accounts for the discrepancy. The darker colours matche too - they're not "much brighter" compared to Woot's comp. And I don't see any outline that wasn't in the comp.

Blue Moon is especially surprising - the photo looks exactly like the mockup, in my opinion. So while you may think the colour is "terrible", your issue is probably with the colour chosen for the design - the print actually matches the comp really well.

Of course, I'm only looking at Woot's comp right now. I'm too lazy to look up the derby entry shirt comp, which may very well use different and/or darker colours than printed. If that's the case, carry on. But the prints certainly seem to match up with Woot's product comp...

I think it's interesting that Woot is letting the artists make changes to the shirt after to voting is over. Or that they're allowing the print file to be different than the derby comp. Whichever the case is.

On the one hand, it's nice that the end result could/should/will be a better product, but what if someone makes changes that people don't like and wouldn't have voted for?

And it's really not fair to the artists who see they have a mistake and take the shirt down to make a correction and then resubmit the improved version. With a close race, that later submission could mean the difference between printing or not.

And there are a lot of artist who do take down their shirts and make corrections based on comments. They're hoping to get more votes by making the correction, but risking losing votes for submitting the work later in the derby.

In the case of Blue Moon, there may have been lost votes because the design wasn't corrected. Not that it mattered, since it printed, but a lot of people were saying that they would have voted if the woman's arm was the right proportion. That error was fixed on the print file, which is nice for the people who bought the shirt.

But it begs the question of whether other artists should be leaving errors in place and promising to fix them on the print version. To make things fair for the artists, I think Woot needs to clarify what sort of changes they'll allow on the print files.

ryancalderoni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryancalderoni

this is amazing

ryancalderoni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryancalderoni

this is like cooler than bacon, almost

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
jshrop wrote:Seriously?? C'mon! Are you kidding us here?

Honestly, I really think that he is kidding. I think that he's just trying to pi$$ us off.

Good job, sir. You've succeeded.

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
ngc604 wrote:I would buy two of this shirt. One for me and the misses. Love the design.

Yes, I would also like info if you get this printed I was on last night and was first to vote for your new revision, but I gotta admit, I was not too fond of the big fat rabbit :P This version is awesome though, good luck!

DeeDra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeeDra
Re: X-treme National Park

Awesome!!!

Asmudeus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Asmudeus

Stay on the path, hehe, good one . Cool Shirt .

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Image.nation Park

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • Excuse me, miss? There seems to be a mistake. I believe I ordered the LARGE cappuccino.

thatrobert

Re: The Last Park

• This is not SPAM.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • Excuse me, miss? There seems to be a mistake. I believe I ordered the LARGE cappuccino.

thatrobert

Re: Bearscout

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: Broccoli National Park

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: National Park of Wahoo!

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: Damnit

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: Muir is my Homeboy

• This is not SPAM.

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
JesseBYAH wrote:Yes, I would also like info if you get this printed I was on last night and was first to vote for your new revision, but I gotta admit, I was not too fond of the big fat rabbit :P This version is awesome though, good luck!

Added your name to the list, I will let you know where you can pick yours up in 60 days :D if I don't get an HM

shiviolet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shiviolet
graffd02 wrote:Added your name to the list, I will let you know where you can pick yours up in 60 days :D if I don't get an HM

Mind adding me to that list, too?

prism369

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prism369
mdexb2 wrote:This is a fantastic shirt, I would be really upset if it didn't make the cut. And I don't understand why people don't like the text. Personally, the text is what makes it so funny to me. "Look son, a tree!"

I believe that people are talking more about the "fun vacations are overrated" part. It's easily implied without the text. And frankly, WITH the text its kindof a middle finger to national parks.

kinda makes it lose the magic of what a tshirt graphic should do.

lost my vote.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
mrwednesday wrote:Your mockup

What woot sold

What the shirt actually looks like.

Now what I am seeing is that from your comp to the woot comp the book was completely changed to make it more distinct. The colors of the cauldron, cat and book were made brighter so that they'd show up better. The halftoning was reduced on the cauldron. The greens in the flames are duller. The gray border is more distinct and the superfine halftones were all converted to woot-printable halftones and the random lines were added that don't look good at all.

What I see going from woot's mock up to the shirt is that the greens look nothing alike and there is a much bigger haze of halftones around the design for some reason. They are very distinct as we said they would be and look nothing like the original mock. 99% of the detail around the legs and the cauldron is completely lost and it still has nothing to do with cooking.

Woot says that they reserve the right to change the colors of designs as they see fit first of all (although the colors aren't much changed at all, like I said the print version is more yellowish than what the picture shows). Second, the halftones didn't get any smaller- look at the background image on the original submission- the halftones were never any smaller than that. And I don't think they look any larger between the original submission and the woot comp, and I again don't think they look any larger between what woot showed and what printed. Ultimately, when you look really really close at the shirt, it looks similar to the closeup that I posted, and when you look at it from a normal distance (for example, when standing in front of someone wearing it). I'm not sure what you are arguing here, I'm the one who posted the photos of the shirt myself because I like how it printed and think that your concerns didn't actually play out. If you feel the need to point out issues with it, that's fine, and I know you won't be able to control yourself, but with a photo up, people can decide for themselves if they like it or not, and buy/not buy accordingly.

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007
jabberjaws13 wrote:a few paragraphs

While Adder can definitely be seen regularly criticizing Ramy (often rather harshly), he is also usually seen perusing the other entries and offering genuine criticism. I've even seen positive comments! (:o

The same is true of Kyle; though, he has been becoming increasingly anti-Ramy of late.

Asmudeus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Asmudeus
CrescentDebris wrote:Big thanks everyone for your comments and support! My birthday is actually this week so a print would be a total KICK ASS gift!

Congrats and it would be really cool for you!

Nothing against you but, personally, im fed up with so often the sweet shirts winning the derbys . And not the more artistic ones like "Image.nation Park" and "The Last Park" or the "funny bull**it" ones (i don't know how to describe it) like "X-treme National Park" or "DEATH NATIONAL PARK". But that's just me, the people vote this way.
I hope that at least "Giant Sequoia" gets printed...

And because the people vote this way, i'm relatively sure you get your kick-ass gift :D.

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007
Re: Yellowsnow National Park

Oh no! I've fallen out of the top 50 so close to the end... :'(

I know it isn't going to print... So, pity votes, please? I just would like to be able to say I ended in the top 50.

mwesson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwesson
Re: Thanks Dad. This is great!

Yep. REALLY needs to lose the lower line of text. Shirt completely loses its meaning.

Without it, a very funny and buyable shirt.
With it - not so much - what are you trying to say? (As a previous poster says - it gives the middle finger to national parks)

jabberjaws13

BaldBob007 wrote:While Adder can definitely be seen regularly criticizing Ramy (often rather harshly), he is also usually seen perusing the other entries and offering genuine criticism. I've even seen positive comments! (:o

The same is true of Kyle; though, he has been becoming increasingly anti-Ramy of late.

what was the few paragraphs thing? when did i type that?

regardless, all i was trying to say is that is the complaint each week is "ramy (or insert name) can't do anything, same old stuff, blah blah blah" then they should just stay out of that particular shirt thread.

the ones i loath the most are the people who comment saying "i knew who this was before i clicked the thumbnail...." and then proceed to bash the artist for doing the same thing, using the same technique, whatever whatever.

if they don't like the design because it is the same old thing, don't say anything, or perhaps say, "i would have liked to see you progress the design this way, etc." if they don't like a nitpick of the design, then be clear about what they would suggest the artist should fix.

posting hate-spewed threads of "i hate your halftones this, and glowy effect that" is not constructive. if ramy (or any other artist) wants to use halftones, glowy effect, or shiny desu, or any other style that is that person's choice.

now, people i have respect for are you, as well as eHacylon (hopefully spelled right). i say that because you two actually suggest ways to improve designs, how to make them better, or a finishing touch. that being said, if it's in the pre-derby thread, most designers listen to your suggestions. if is at the beginning of the derby, some artists have even resubbed quickly with the suggested changes. and if it's too far along they generally leave the originals, but for all we know they may make the change just in case they print in their own shop someday.

anyway, i am just wanting people to help, not hinder. jm2c.

Happy Beer.

millylenora

quality posts: 0 Private Messages millylenora

Beautiful! Love the lighting!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Megatrain wrote:I'm not sure this has more than 6 colors, because the dark green is the shirt color:

White
Grey
Black
Light Brown
Dark Brown
Light Green
Dark Green (shirt color, doesn't count)

You forgot the baby blue... that makes 7

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
lalouque wrote:Pucker????

√ pucker good!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Broccoli National Park

If this is ever printed, I will be there with bells on to buy it!