ScoobyShooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ScoobyShooter
jewelwing wrote:You're right, it can. That's a very interesting point you make. It's so insightful and I appreciate how it takes into consideration both art and relationships. I like you a lot. You must be very intelligent and I'll bet you're attractive too.

May I have a vote please?

That's some fine pandering there Jewel. Keep up the good work.

As for all you Nature Bobs out there worried about the "message" of this shirt, calm down. I understand if you aren't a fan of the design, but don't act like this is an anti-park shirt, and if you wear it you must want to Pave the Bay. I love National Parks and visit them on a regular basis, and I'd rock the hell out of this shirt! I'd rock it in the Everglades. I'd rock it at Big Sur. I'd even rock it to Glacier after all the glaciers are gone (what do they have like 3 left). Text good, shirt great! Keep doing your thing Miss Wing

espetrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages espetrell
Re: Thanks Dad. This is great!

Haven't we all been on one of these trips?

aquateen82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aquateen82
Re: Gummistone Park

I want to buy this NOOOOWWWWW!

thekuro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thekuro
Re: Teddy Bear

LOL this needs to be a shirt -- is the artist out there? We need to get this on cafepress, I'll even buy the first one!

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Bolthad wrote:Ugh, I can't believe the stuff that is winning over this! I guess that turds really do float to the top.

Eh... the fogged designs are hardly bad. Not the greatest, but far from being turds.

Robsoul

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Robsoul
Re: Damnit

Thanks everyone and POTA just started on Encore Action as soon as I got home and turned on the TV. Good stuff, haven't seen it in a while, 'ol blue eyes.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
mathiole wrote:I tought you're insulting me, but then i ready the text :p

It's definitely not an insult. I love your design!

Robsoul

ah, it's bright eyes.

Cantatus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Cantatus
penguin2b3 wrote:Damn, I really hope this one makes it back into the fog, I like this design way more than any in the top four atm!!!

Agreed. I was really crossing my fingers for this one.

AzNSenSAzN

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AzNSenSAzN
Re: LATE NIGHT Sequoia (RESUB FINAL)

aww, i would totally buy this shirt!

femmina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages femmina
Re: Looking Glass National Park

If you print this else where, please let me know.

nyren

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nyren
mrwednesday wrote:This has been happening since I can remember when the fog is hotly contested. When there are very clear winners no one bothers but when it's close there are plenty of people who hadn't voted on the fog voting for whatever fog configuration or individual designs they want to win spiking things in the hotness.

I've never seen any benefit to any particular artist that would make me think it was nonrandom (though I have seen a definite bias against shall we say lower quality artists) and it generally follows what I feel to be quality designs that deserve to print.

Generally, when I notice that happening and I have votes in the fog, I carefully decide which one I want the most and remove my other votes, giving the one I actually want to buy a (slightly) greater chance of winning. If everyone did this, it would thin out the "ha ha, gmv" votes, the "aww cute, gmv" votes, and the "good unwearable art, gmv" votes, and people would have shirts that they actually wanted print more often. Maybe. But that won't happen, so the point is moot :D

Anyway, here's hoping you win third (or second!), TGentry I just realized I don't have one of your shirts yet, and that needs to be fixed :D

mishy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mishy
Re: Redundancy National Park

Our Movie Genre, I love this shirt! I usually don't comment on derby designs, but this made me lol. It is exactly my kind of humor. I really like your work and was actually looking through the designs to find yours, and was delighted to see your name after I was cracking up.

End gush.

P.S. Please please pm me if this goes on sale anywhere else. I will buy it!!

multiwebb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages multiwebb
loubabe01 wrote:I would buy this shirt whether it wins or not! I love this! Both my housemates want one too.

I WANT THREE TOO! HELP US WOOT!

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire
Re: National Park of Wahoo!

Thanks everyone! =)

tjsynkral

quality posts: 15 Private Messages tjsynkral
skirochester wrote:i'm guessing because it's too similar to the game.

I thought it would be okay since the shirt references a game within a game show, and I changed the name (slightly). guess not.

since I'm out, please vote for jewelwing's "Thanks Dad". I want that shirt!

Will this shirt be making an appearance somewhere else, perhaps?

rossbot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rossbot

This shirt is an accurate summary of my childhood.

Angelfuzz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Angelfuzz
Re: Lost Souls Cavern

noooooo!!!!i so wanted this one!!

WillyP08

quality posts: 2 Private Messages WillyP08
Angelfuzz wrote:noooooo!!!!i so wanted this one!!

UGHHHH!!! I wanted this so badly! i thought for sure it would have won! im pissed now.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
capedcrusader514 wrote:Just so you know woot doesn't always list every reason they reject for.... they only need one. Your catching flack bc it's apparent it's a livetrace whether or not you actually hand traced it or not it looks like it and people see it as a copout bc there are so many artists that work very hard to make their piece. That's not to say you didn't work hard on this, it's just livetrace's rep.

It just isn't live traced.
If you look at the rejection reason, I'd like to know how you can infer any reason other than the one he gave for the rejection?

[quote]Re: Rejected because: It's funny, and frankly I'd like to keep it, but we just can't use the actual name.[quote]

DavidTJackson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidTJackson
Re: Giant Sequoia

As soon as I saw this, I thought immediately,"I really would like one of these."

Sequoia trees are probably the coolest thing on Earth. Really. I've been to Sequoia National Park in California, and it was one of the most sensational experiences of my life.

VOTE VOTE VOTE

mopsie2002

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mopsie2002
Re: Delicate Slumber

Aw I like this one, poor little guy, so young....

Oregonian through and through <3...even if I call North Carolina my home now.

naktipi

quality posts: 4 Private Messages naktipi

Really hope this comes up as second... at least. It was one my favorites for this derby. Really well done.

Mmm. Pie.

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26
Re: X-treme National Park

I hope this ends up getting an EC at some point. I love this shirt.

edz321

quality posts: 5 Private Messages edz321

I think it would have been more effective without the speech bubble. Just the look on the dad's face with the kid staring down at his device. However, I definitely don't agree with the sentiment so I won't be buying it anyway.

98tiger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 98tiger
dekonstruct wrote:It's like my childhood all over again. I'm voting because it will make me a more well rounded adult.

I love it! I never comment on here, but that cracked me up. I was one of those kids, too. If I have to visit another Civil War Battlefield....

aricartt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aricartt
KIDA26 wrote:I hope this ends up getting an EC at some point. I love this shirt.

HMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHMHM

SHIRTS:
X-treme National Park, Just The Two Of Us, You Have to Try This Guys, Teddyslayer, I’m So Sorry Elmer…, Stuck Inside, To the Top in the Style of Da Vinci, Nanonauts, The Cake is a Liar
Regular Woots: 9
Bunch of Crepes's: 1

Robsoul

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/5499/owlteamockup.jpg-bfbfb89d2be1.jpg

mechjagger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mechjagger

Yeah... I totally want one : /

mikan36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikan36

I know this is a late response that probably no one will ever see but thanks for the comments on this shirt! I had fun with it and was somewhat sad it didn't do better, but oh wells.

mwesson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwesson

To follow up on the fact that the lower text shouldn't be there - although I think this will clearly make the top three...

Overrated is one word. No hyphen.

synz2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages synz2000
jewelwing wrote:Thanks! I will treasure it.

Sad to see this one didn't make it into the fog. Would have bought it without second thought.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Lost Souls Cavern

Oh my, there's a man in the left nostril- it's the G-Man from Half Life! Probably the best half-toning I've seen in a derby entry.

swissmr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages swissmr

darn would buy if it wasn't for that last text line. doesnt add anything in fact takes away from the design imho

cesium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cesium
bassanimation wrote:If Woot does not take the shirt within 60 days I will look into other venues. What I'd probably do is make some additions and refine the picture, then resubmit to another place. If I do I will be sure to note it here for you. My friends will probably kill me if this doesnt print in some fashion, so I'll dedicate myself to making it so!

Great to hear your dedication to the shirt ;) I will definitely buy a print of this no matter where it's from. I MUST have this shirt hehe

chuiu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chuiu

First shirt I've liked in a while, this better get third at least because its way better than the other three. Its a shame it didn't get first.

jamesbottomtooth

quality posts: 41 Private Messages jamesbottomtooth
swissmr wrote:darn would buy if it wasn't for that last text line. doesnt add anything in fact takes away from the design imho

4-5 words too many.
i might buy this shirt anyway, although i have tons of shirts now.

how many woot shirts is too many?

Blackfox19765

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Blackfox19765

I need a tissue ={

cm0ney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cm0ney
Re: Bear. In. Station. Wagon.

the best shirt i have ever seen. ever.