akakin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages akakin
muddylemon wrote:No Toledo? The only cultural touchstone of that poor benighted city is Tony Packo's hungarian chili dogs.

Best served with a Packo Pickle.

oppsie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie
Ansemx2 wrote:This is incorrect. Michigan should have onions on their hotdogs!

And chili. Not just mustard.

fs3putt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fs3putt

Thank you for including Jersey in the shirt, but NJ hot dogs don't have potatoes on them. That honor belongs to Philadelphia hot dogs.

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm

and chili... the description has it, but the picture doesn't

>insert funny quote here<

thezukes

quality posts: 8 Private Messages thezukes

Maybe I missed something, but what happened to "Thanks Dad!" ? I woke up wanting to buy one and I'm met with a hot dog shirt for some reason.

There is no "I" in "Ayatolla."

bluesfan473

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluesfan473

Sorry, this isn't really about todays shirt but what has happened to the Monday classic shirt re-release? I don't see the link anymore. Have they given up on it all ready? Or is the link hidden somewhere I am not spotting it?

KaneRobot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KaneRobot

Everyone complaining about "your" city/state's hot dog not being represented:

It's because your hot dogs suck and your city stinks.

kwilson283

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwilson283
mhodges wrote:Same here. When I first saw it, I thought it was a Varsity Slaw Dog (needs chili and pimento cheese though). Hmmm, Varsity for lunch today anyone!?!

http://www.thevarsity.com/

I saw a slaw dog too. Ugh, now I am craving The Varsity...

ztrop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ztrop

Wear this Shirt:
As a convenient guide for visiting the nearest MLB ballparks - we've all heard that's the place to go for hotdogs!

ITS A CHECKLIST. BRILLIANT!

ミ☆  ミ★  ミ☆  ミ★

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Hmmm, what about Japanese dogs? Okay, nevermind.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

redneckbikerdawg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redneckbikerdawg

i should git this fer "theBOY"
all he eats are hotdogs

...but then its just more laundry.
sorry woot

j10jep2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j10jep2

i live in jersey and i've never seen someone put potatoes on a hot dog ever.

BaddaFella

quality posts: 3 Private Messages BaddaFella

well hot doggity dog gone now you've gone done and done dog did it!

jkump150

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jkump150
j10jep2 wrote:i live in jersey and i've never seen someone put potatoes on a hot dog ever.

Italian Dogs area huge in Jersey:

Jimmy Buffs

Another dominant style is Easton Style (mustard, onions, pickle)
Toby's

robmax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robmax
Matt7781 wrote:"New Jersey puts taters on theirs"

haha what? NJ resident my who life and have never seen nor heard of ANY place that does this...

??? You've from Jersey and have never had an Italian-style hot dog (served with fried potatoes, onions, and peppers)?

Get thee to Jimmy Buff's!

Booperelli

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Booperelli

Hmmm. Wasn't aware my state had a hotdog.

Booperelli

Can we get a cheat sheet?

EDIT: I spanked my own hand for not reading the writeup.

britinichu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages britinichu

this is a cute shirt and I'm tempted to get it; however the cultural milestone that is the SONORA dog is seriously putting a damper on this offering. If the designer has eaten a Sonora Dog in Phoenix, it was only by luck or miracle that they were not served poop on a bun and/or shot and/or rounded up by overzealous immigration raids. The name for the hot dog depicted here is the Sonoran Dog, I would have also accepted Mexico dog, Tucson dog, Nogalas dog, or Arizona dog.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
thezukes wrote:Maybe I missed something, but what happened to "Thanks Dad!" ? I woke up wanting to buy one and I'm met with a hot dog shirt for some reason.

Only the top three vote-getters from the fog print. "Thanks Dad" was fourth.

thezukes

quality posts: 8 Private Messages thezukes
IndependentVik wrote:Only the top three vote-getters from the fog print. "Thanks Dad" was fourth.

Well, don't I feel stupid...

There is no "I" in "Ayatolla."

nbs2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nbs2
FishyFred wrote:Nope. Wrong. No sale. D.C.'s dog should be covered in chili on account of Ben's Chili Bowl being the only proper place in the city to get a sausage on a bun.

You mean the over-priced tourist tripe? Yeah, it's iconic, but it jumped the shark years ago. The food there is no better than a street vendor hot dog.

crazyladie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazyladie

Georgia residients want to know "where's our jalapeno slaw dog????"

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

this shirt's making me hungry for pizza.

highintake

quality posts: 1 Private Messages highintake
blueflamedazn wrote:what's the deal with Seattle? sour-cream?

Actually it's cream cheese, just like the description says. I have to say I'm surprised about Seattle being added. Didn't think anyone knew about our hotdogs up here, except for really drunk people at about 230am. Basically, they're delicious and highly recomended.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
bluesfan473 wrote:Sorry, this isn't really about todays shirt but what has happened to the Monday classic shirt re-release? I don't see the link anymore. Have they given up on it all ready? Or is the link hidden somewhere I am not spotting it?

The program is currently undergoing some tender loving care. See this blog entry for more information and a place to share your input.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

Matt7781

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Matt7781
robmax wrote:??? You've from Jersey and have never had an Italian-style hot dog (served with fried potatoes, onions, and peppers)?

Get thee to Jimmy Buff's!

haha yes i have been to jimmy buffs "home of thge italian hot dog."

BUT most New Jersian's think of hot dogs as Texas Weiners = Chili, Mustard, and Onions.

Jae87

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Jae87
wootchawant wrote:"are you staring at my wiener?"

Why, yes, I am.

--Jae
Birthday Crap - 7/12/09, Random Crap - 1/28/10, Adventure Crap - 4/1/10, Birthday Crap - 7/12/10, Brick of Carbonite - 12/6/11, Santa's Sack of Crap - 12/25/11

jones7891

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jones7891

Creator - contact this hotdog place - they would love the shirts

http://www.dogtownhots.com/

yeoldegnurd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages yeoldegnurd

But the buns in Boston don't look like that. Our buns are sliced from a long flat bread, so the part you see on the side should be bread, not crust.

dga

BeefStewart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BeefStewart

Agreed! They could also put a Hani on there, since they have to be talking about National Coney Island.

antawnj33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antawnj33

I spent the first 18 years of my life in Seattle, and we put sour cream on hot dogs? Never done that in my life.

bluesfan473

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluesfan473
Gatzby wrote:The program is currently undergoing some tender loving care. See this blog entry for more information and a place to share your input.

Thank you

VeronicaBeats

quality posts: 2 Private Messages VeronicaBeats
nbs2 wrote:You mean the over-priced tourist tripe? Yeah, it's iconic, but it jumped the shark years ago. The food there is no better than a street vendor hot dog.

Double True!

VeronicaBeats

quality posts: 2 Private Messages VeronicaBeats
fs3putt wrote:Thank you for including Jersey in the shirt, but NJ hot dogs don't have potatoes on them. That honor belongs to Philadelphia hot dogs.

Damn you New Jersey!
You're Always taking a Carp on Philly!
You keep your damn potatoes!
And you stay out of our sports stadiums!
You south jersey holigans!

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
ChefRAZ wrote:http://www.tastesofchicago.com/category/113

Been there, done that. Expensive. Sigh. I think I'll just sprinkle poppy seeds randomly on everything I eat today.

nickmooduh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickmooduh

The description says "cucumbers" for Chicago... it's actually one pickle spear.

Still bought it!

MrFiskars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrFiskars
VeronicaBeats wrote:Damn you New Jersey!
You're Always taking a Carp on Philly!
You keep your damn potatoes!
And you stay out of our sports stadiums!
You south jersey holigans!

I don't care what you say, just because the Devils, Jets, and Giants play in NJ doesn't mean I have to like it... "holigans," eh? Does that mean that our shenanigans are holy?

Also, I only carp in the toilet or on the middle of the slide at the elementary school.

For the record, I think that somebody got "hot dog" confused with New Brunswick's "greasetrucks" where every sandwich comes with the fries inside. Damn... now I need to drive up there and get me a Fat B!tch (that's cheesesteak, chicken fingers, mozzarella sticks and fries on a roll to the uninitiated).

woot.woots: 14
shirt.woots: 6
wine.woots: 1

panel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages panel

Looks like the artist did a lot of their research from this Page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_dog_variations

Booperelli

Well, I learned something new.

I didn't realize Coney Dogs/Coney Islands were specific to Michigan. I thought they were like a NYC thing or something.

t3hloofa

quality posts: 6 Private Messages t3hloofa

You should have checked Wikipedia before you decided the hot dogs for each city.