Demonbuttercup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Demonbuttercup
lowra921 wrote:Is the "this shirt tells the world" some reference I'm not getting? Or just a little mean?

Think its just referring to how ppl will say they feel hunger an hour later after eating chinese food?!?!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Koniro wrote:This wannabe abstract piece of scaffolding makes my parents paintings from china look like works of DaVinci.

Wow... way to attack the Chinese artist who created it, [snip]

edit: woot mod: really? look at what he wrote and tell me it deserved a snip.

hass0002

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hass0002

If I didn't already own about 250 shirts, I might buy this. As it stands it doesn't make the cut!

Muntoe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Muntoe

It looks delicious and nutritious to me, like most Asian food.

imsochady

quality posts: 28 Private Messages imsochady
crazyharry wrote:It's not a bad design, but I don't think I could wear it, especially since it's on white. I have this condition, it's called being a spaz, it means that if I buy white clothing I should also buy stock in Spray & Wash, because their stock value is bound to go up.

Or just buy a bib!

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Uhhh, everyone realizes that this is green tea, right? And all the soup comments are just jokes because you all love to play facetious? Right? Right?

Mitohapa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mitohapa

Whoah, imagine my surprise when I heard this was up. Thanks so much to the folks at woot for the print and all their hard work.

And it's green tea, I promise! But if you want dragons in your soup bowl, I guess that could be tasty as well.

DavidHart

quality posts: 12 Private Messages DavidHart

Well, I like it... Personally, I don't think that there are enough white Tees on here.

Though, I do sympathise with those who are prone to spillage. Whenever I wear a white Tee, there always seems to be some sort of pasta on the menu....

David

bluewave12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bluewave12
JadenKale wrote:Wow... way to attack the Chinese artist who created it, [snip]

edit: woot mod: really? look at what he wrote and tell me it deserved a snip.

I don't think that criticizing the work is attacking the artist. Just because the artist is Chinese doesn't mean their art is that much more authentic.

That said, the person should give more in depth feedback as to why they dislike the work.

For me, I like the art and the artist's portfolio but don't like having all the myriad Asian elements/icons brought together into one image.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
AdderXYU wrote:The world needs more Mitohapa designs.

I just got your horses (at Tilteed) in, and it looks amazing. I'm sure this will as well.

Echoing this statement. I just got my cacti as well.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed

I like this, it has a very appealing flow to it. Nice work Mitohapa, well done.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
JadenKale wrote:I thought immediately that the bird was a phoenix, but I couldn't remember if you had said that originally when I saw you working on this.

The bird in the design is probably the Fenghuang (the "Chinese phoenix" for you lay-people), which is commonly juxtaposed with the dragon. Together, the dragon and the fenghuang embody yin and yang. But we'll have to wait for Mito for the final word on that...

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

JadenKale

eHalcyon wrote:The bird in the design is probably the Fenghuang (the "Chinese phoenix" for you lay-people), which is commonly juxtaposed with the dragon. Together, the dragon and the fenghuang embody yin and yang. But we'll have to wait for Mito for the final word on that...

yeah she posted about it being green tea, and I remember her saying that now when she was working on it, but the idea of it being the dragon phoenix reference was just too convenient.

Mitohapa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mitohapa
eHalcyon wrote:The bird in the design is probably the Fenghuang (the "Chinese phoenix" for you lay-people), which is commonly juxtaposed with the dragon. Together, the dragon and the fenghuang embody yin and yang. But we'll have to wait for Mito for the final word on that...

Haha, I feature these two a lot in my work...perhaps I should tone it down some. But you and Jaden got it right, I had the traditional pairing in mind when I was working on this one.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Even the tea will go green to save the trees.

Lovely design, and chinese dragons always get a smile out of me.

creestal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages creestal

I like the design and would totally get one...if it weren't in white

Naris

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Naris

Gorgeous design. Not really feeling the white, but perhaps it'll grow on me.

...if not I can always cut and paste it into a lovely poster or something...

Syndar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Syndar

Looks a lot more like a cup of Matcha, the traditional "deep green" tea used in tea ceremonies than pea soup to me!

In any case it is an awesome design and I must have it.

travis74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages travis74

love the shirt but not on white.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

breathtaking design, Mitohapa. I just really get lost in the scenery.

and I think I see a little bitty Tom Cruise in there...

anitablake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anitablake

Very nice design! *insert temptation*

PFFJazzMan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PFFJazzMan

Sadly, I would have bought this if it was on black or dark grey. Otherwise, I really like the art.

ztrop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ztrop

White? hmm.... Imagine how the design would really pop on a RED tshirt!

Also maybe it would be easier to see it as a small cup (of tea) rather than a bowl (of soup) if it had a teabag or a spoon or something nearby "for scale."
In geology we use pencils/shovels/people etc "for scale" all the time when we're photographing rocks...... lol oh well.

ミ☆  ミ★  ミ☆  ミ★

Carissima17

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Carissima17

Another amazing piece of art that I would love to have on my wall. I am starting to think I need to figure out how to frame shirts. Woot, please start offering prints...PLEASE????

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom

gorgeous, Mito! Love the daring white shirt, too!

congrats on the print!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

Seeing this shirt gives me a giant happy. I would totally go for a swim in that tea right now.

Congrats, Mito!

godzillabiscuits

quality posts: 0 Private Messages godzillabiscuits

Hometown: Providence = Sold. And. Sold.

Poraro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Poraro

It looks pretty cool, but I won't get it. Good job to the artist.

mattlscc

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mattlscc

Cool design. Not for me, but I give you props! I'm sure this will sell well.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

yeah mito!

congrats on the print.

:D

krissyj1980

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krissyj1980

great design...but it needed an earth tone shirt to go with it. White??? no one has white t-shirts anymore..do they??

JadenKale

krissyj1980 wrote:great design...but it needed an earth tone shirt to go with it. White??? no one has white t-shirts anymore..do they??

Yes. They do. Some of the coolest designs I own are on white shirts, and I'm not ashamed to say that.

enigmachick

quality posts: 6 Private Messages enigmachick

At first I thought it was an overflowing toilet, and I thought it was disrespectful. Now I see it's a teacup, so that's ok.

No. That's not me.

jtbradford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtbradford

Beautiful image, I absolutely love the style; though sadly I don't think it's something I would wear.

TempestWings

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TempestWings

Yes! Represent, Rhode Island!

Although...it seems strange that RI's moment of fame rides on the coattails of an entirely different location. Like China.

JadenKale

TempestWings wrote:Yes! Represent, Rhode Island!

Although...it seems strange that RI's moment of fame rides on the coattails of an entirely different location. Like China.

She's a RISD girl, so assumed coattails or no, she's still a kick ass artist.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Very pretty design, and I like the colors. Being someone who drinks a lot of tea, including green, that green liquid looks more pea-soupy colored than green tea colored (unless it was super steeped!), but doesn't really bother me since I still liked the design, when I first thought it was soup instead of tea. (Dragon bowl sounds like soup right off the bat... Dragon cup maybe I would think tea:D)

Congrats Mitohapa, I remember really liking another design of yours. (maybe in the sun derby, can't remember exactly which).

Vote!

Azmamacita

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Azmamacita

Beautiful design...I would snatch this up if it was printed on Burgundy or Mocha. I don't do white...not even for my wedding dress :-)

ossnap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ossnap

Glad to see a nice white tee design. I had to get it.

DrWalkItOff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrWalkItOff

Saw that you're from RISD and had to buy this as I attend PC =P Beautiful T-shirt, glad to see something from RI up here.