IrishLass622

quality posts: 5 Private Messages IrishLass622

LOVE the design...I'm in for one!

By the way, the Dragon Bowl by my house serves a great hot & sour soup!

Mitohapa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mitohapa
jasneko wrote:Very pretty design, and I like the colors. Being someone who drinks a lot of tea, including green, that green liquid looks more pea-soupy colored than green tea colored (unless it was super steeped!), but doesn't really bother me since I still liked the design, when I first thought it was soup instead of tea. (Dragon bowl sounds like soup right off the bat... Dragon cup maybe I would think tea:D)

Congrats Mitohapa, I remember really liking another design of yours. (maybe in the sun derby, can't remember exactly which).

Ahaha, thanks, Jas. My host mum used to add maccha powder to our green tea. It would turn almost the same color as the tea on the shirt. But I should've realized no one would equate the color with natural green tea. Alas! Glad you like it, regardless. The title, also, is not mine. 'tis woot's!

And huzzah, RI~

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129

Great print! I don't think I've seen a design like this before.

Pippin202

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pippin202
Ansemx2 wrote:What type of bird (assuming it's real (it looks real..)) is that perched on the tree branch?

It’s a mythological bird: Phoenix (Fenghuang).

eatyourkix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eatyourkix

Dear shirt.woot,

What happened to all your amazing shirts that I used to buy at least once a week? The Halloween shirts were fit for 100% total nerds, kids under 7, and ponies. Where all the abstract designs and cool shirts that are best discovered elsewhere in cyberspace right now? I haven't found many of these children's book illustrations appealing for the past few months. What's going on? Don't you want my money?

Signed,
disgruntled wooter

weenUNzipped

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weenUNzipped

i need more white shirts. love the design and the p-Tom Servo =]

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420

This is the first shirt I've bought in months. I thought I was done wooting, but I can't resist this. I'm going to tie-dye it in light blues and greens since I'm a dirt magnet.

Hooray!

Last wooter to woot: iris420

Carpe shirtem!

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Koniro wrote:This wannabe abstract piece of scaffolding makes my parents paintings from china look like works of DaVinci.

I sincerely wish people would learn the meaning of the word "abstract".

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
eatyourkix wrote:Dear shirt.woot,

What happened to all your amazing shirts that I used to buy at least once a week? The Halloween shirts were fit for 100% total nerds, kids under 7, and ponies. Where all the abstract designs and cool shirts that are best discovered elsewhere in cyberspace right now? I haven't found many of these children's book illustrations appealing for the past few months. What's going on? Don't you want my money?

Signed,
disgruntled wooter

None of these complaints seem to remotely apply to this design.

Koniro

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Koniro
JadenKale wrote:Wow... way to attack the Chinese artist who created it, [snip]

edit: woot mod: really? look at what he wrote and tell me it deserved a snip.

Protip: my parents are Chinese. What difference does it make what race the artist is? Whatever you said, it was probably directed at my person and not a criticism of a piece of art.

Koniro

jmmbell1987 wrote:I sincerely wish people would learn the meaning of the word "abstract".

I sincerely wish people would learn the meaning of "wannabe".

By the way, I understand the word abstract perfectly. It was you who should have taken notice of the modifier before it.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Koniro wrote:I sincerely wish people would learn the meaning of "wannabe".

By the way, I understand the word abstract perfectly. It was you who should have taken notice of the modifier before it.

I would imagine for someone to be "wannabe abstract," they would, well, want to be abstract.

If you are calling something strikingly non-abstract "wannabe abstract," it implies heavily that either the designer knows so little about abstraction that they couldn't hit on any note of it (which makes it amazing that you knew that was what they were trying for, given no evidence), or you know so little about abstraction that you don't realize that the piece you're criticizing is not close enough to the concept to be trying to be it.

Personally, I think you were probably looking for "surreal". Or maybe you just wanted to say "I like ninja turtles make another shirt like that". But you certainly aren't grasping the idea of abstract by saying that was even remotely what the designer here was going for.

Koniro

AdderXYU wrote:I would imagine for someone to be "wannabe abstract," they would, well, want to be abstract.

If you are calling something strikingly non-abstract "wannabe abstract," it implies heavily that either the designer knows so little about abstraction that they couldn't hit on any note of it (which makes it amazing that you knew that was what they were trying for, given no evidence), or you know so little about abstraction that you don't realize that the piece you're criticizing is not close enough to the concept to be trying to be it.

Personally, I think you were probably looking for "surreal". Or maybe you just wanted to say "I like ninja turtles make another shirt like that". But you certainly aren't grasping the idea of abstract by saying that was even remotely what the designer here was going for.

Or perhaps you're not quite as solid on the concept of abstract art or how broad the term can span as you think you are. I have no reason to defend why I'm right and give you a reason for why you're wrong. You just are.

And way to go stating the obvious in your first sentence. You may as well have said "by black, you must have meant black".

Rommy427

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rommy427

I am sad my husband didn't know that you could still pick up more of these after the sale date! It would have been wonderful to pick one up for my daughter. She's at the stage where she wants to wear matching outfits with mommy, and this shirt sure beats the heck out of dorky mommy-daughter stuff I've seen everywhere else

CollegeTom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CollegeTom

Just got this as a Mystery shirt today. I like it.