AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
jmmbell1987 wrote:Do mine eyes deceive me? A cute animal design with strong composition, a clear concept, great use of color, and a clean, bright, well-executed style that has charm without ladling on the saccharine?

The amazing part will be when this manages to NOT sell out, even though people will continue to defend the awful turd-sandwich designs we get through the derby as "cute." Woot doesn't like cute. They like incompetent. Things like this and their inevitable lower-than-sellout sales are proof of this discrepancy.

I still think "Two Be Friends" would have been the far superior "legitimate cuteness" tee, though.

b1uemoondragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages b1uemoondragon
lowra921 wrote:The bees and flowers have a mutually symbiotic relationship...that's not giving!

Technically speaking, mutualism is a relationship where both species benefit because each one has something to give to the other.

imsochady

quality posts: 25 Private Messages imsochady

Yes! Congrats on the print Lucky!

willsjamie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willsjamie

I'm in for one to chill around the house in.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
AdderXYU wrote:The amazing part will be when this manages to NOT sell out, even though people will continue to defend the awful turd-sandwich designs we get through the derby as "cute." Woot doesn't like cute. They like incompetent. Things like this and their inevitable lower-than-sellout sales are proof of this discrepancy.

I still think "Two Be Friends" would have been the far superior "legitimate cuteness" tee, though.

Agreed on all counts. The fact that neither design really contended in their respective derbies (certainly not as much as other supposedly-cute-without-really-being-so designs) is also, sadly, quite telling.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce

Comgrats Keith! It's such a happy shirt!

Makes me happy just looking at it!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

I really do hope that due to the 4 pieces we got this week, that we get at least one more week of EC's (though that's likely to not happen)

cpxchewy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cpxchewy

I feel so much less of a man for getting this shirt... but it sparked the cuteness in me.
in for 1.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
JadenKale wrote:I really do hope that due to the 4 pieces we got this week, that we get at least one more week of EC's (though that's likely to not happen)

I'd love it too. My wallet wouldn't, but I would.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

Wowie! This was a totally unexpected surprise. Many thanks to shirt.woot and especially to everyone who continually support my designs derby after derby. I wish I could give everyone a hug or a hunk of cheese to show my gratitude! Yes!!!

bkeokip

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bkeokip

By the looks of this, I'd bet that this was done with one of those DigiPro drawing tablets that has been sold previously off Woot and its affiliates in the past. My guess is that the artist also used Paint.Net to actually generate the design.

This is strictly theory, mind you.

Congrats on the print '88!

JadenKale

bkeokip wrote:By the looks of this, I'd bet that this was done with one of those DigiPro drawing tablets that has been sold previously off Woot and its affiliates in the past. My guess is that the artist also used Paint.Net to actually generate the design.

This is strictly theory, mind you.

Congrats on the print '88!

You'd likely be wrong on that. I used one of those digipro's and they vacuumed. And there is no way he used one of those AND created it on paint. After seeing many of his pieces before, there's no way he's using Paint.net.

I love my wacom now though. ::hugs tablet::

deraj828

quality posts: 8 Private Messages deraj828

Much as I abhor internet political discussions and hope this won't lead to any, I gotta say this definitely looks like something straight out of Obama's section of this jibjab cartoon. The colors, the cuteness, the Change... if only it had the background music!

Ha! Ni förstår inte detta! Det går inte att censurera nåt om ni inte förstår det! Ha! Där fick ni!

lucky1988

JadenKale wrote:You'd likely be wrong on that. I used one of those digipro's and they vacuumed. And there is no way he used one of those AND created it on paint. After seeing many of his pieces before, there's no way he's using Paint.net.

I love my wacom now though. ::hugs tablet::

Yes JadenKale, I love my wacom too. This was done on a wacom intuous3 6x8 inch tablet using Photoshop.

puzzlingpixie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages puzzlingpixie

I'm going to choose to believe that the 'asp' they are referring to is an abbreviation for an aspen tree and therefore some vague reference to playing on a wooden flute....it's either that or look to the rather more obvious definition which implies playing on top of the hole of a poisonous snake...uh yeah...the shirt is suddenly less cute.

deraj828

quality posts: 8 Private Messages deraj828
puzzlingpixie wrote:I'm going to choose to believe that the 'asp' they are referring to is an abbreviation for an aspen tree and therefore some vague reference to playing on a wooden flute....it's either that or look to the rather more obvious definition which implies playing on top of the hole of a poisonous snake...uh yeah...the shirt is suddenly less cute.

It's from the bible. More specifically, google points to Isaiah 11:8. One of the more irreverent bible references I've ever come across, but I guess it's something.

Ha! Ni förstår inte detta! Det går inte att censurera nåt om ni inte förstår det! Ha! Där fick ni!

PaperJoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PaperJoe

love it!

JadenKale

lucky1988 wrote:Yes JadenKale, I love my wacom too. This was done on a wacom intuous3 6x8 inch tablet using Photoshop.

I have the 9x12 model which is amazing. I need to get some tips from you, I think.

bkeokip

JadenKale wrote:You'd likely be wrong on that. I used one of those digipro's and they vacuumed.

Could you explain what you mean by vacuumed? Just curious to understand that which I probably should have already known.

JakobAndPatrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JakobAndPatrick
icymallard wrote:if i wore this as a guy, i would get beat up.

and then hit on by men.

Ah yes, homosexual men just can't resist hitting on heterosexual guys who've just gotten beaten up for wearing an adorable shirt. What can I say? It gets us going.

bkeokip

lucky1988 wrote:Yes JadenKale, I love my wacom too. This was done on a wacom intuous3 6x8 inch tablet using Photoshop.

What version of Photoshop?

I got the Bamboo Craft bundled with Corel Painter Essentials 4 and Elements 7, but I'm finding that the small size makes it really difficult to get down and draw naturally.

yeawuteva

quality posts: 115 Private Messages yeawuteva

cute shirt, just not very masculine

JadenKale

bkeokip wrote:Could you explain what you mean by vacuumed? Just curious to understand that which I probably should have already known.

it sucked. you couldn't adjust the pressure when you drew with it. it's good for new users, but not great for what fine detail I wanted to use it for.

636ninjakicks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 636ninjakicks

This shirt is morbid. Everyone wins except the poor worm

Piersol

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Piersol

The main character is obviously the sun in the background, pay no attention to the cute, lovable...hamsters? Its the sun, and hes has a devious plan, so watch out!

lucky1988

JadenKale wrote:I have the 9x12 model which is amazing. I need to get some tips from you, I think.

I'm jealous now, wish I had the larger 9x12 model too. I don't have many tips other than trying to vary my line weights when drawing and to keep my mind and eyes open to the styles and techniques of fellow artists. You're very talented yourself, so I have to keep an eye on you.

@bkeokip: I'm using Photoshop 4.0

chiakitea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chiakitea

Hooray! I've been wanting this shirt for awhile. Great illustration

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug

The smile on the sun just brightened my day. :D

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

kelseymg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kelseymg

It's the most adorable woot shirt ever! Husband MUST get me this for Christmas... husband are you reading this at work?

However, I'm not quite sure why this comes in mens sizes?!

81433SHNK

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 81433SHNK

leaps into the vacuum for the worm

Wistera

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wistera
kelseymg wrote:It's the most adorable woot shirt ever! Husband MUST get me this for Christmas... husband are you reading this at work?

However, I'm not quite sure why this comes in mens sizes?!

I'm a female and order shirts in mens sizes, so I'm quite glad they always offer both. I believe in having sleeves on my clothing. :p

RandyMillerIII

quality posts: 3 Private Messages RandyMillerIII

Awesome shirt...my wife will love this!
In for one!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats lucky, well done!

lnlacoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lnlacoy

good week for shirts woot!

this shirt and the pasta shirt the other day! annnnd a woot off.

I'm a teacher...I can't afford all of this! (although I'll buy it anyway and complain...)

lilnursey84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lilnursey84

very cute shirt!

when life gives you lemons, squirt life in the eye!

ztrop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ztrop
deraj828 wrote:It's from the bible. More specifically, google points to Isaiah 11:8. One of the more irreverent bible references I've ever come across, but I guess it's something.

Another translation: "The infant will play near the hole of the cobra, and the young child put his hand into the viper's nest."

"the hole of the asp" as the writeup says is clearly the serpent's dwelling burrow

Maybe that will help put your minds at ease...

ミ☆  ミ★  ミ☆  ミ★

cindyscrazy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cindyscrazy
Wistera wrote:I'm a female and order shirts in mens sizes, so I'm quite glad they always offer both. I believe in having sleeves on my clothing. :p

I also believe in having sleeves on my shirts. Not only that, but being able to breath while wearing one too.

Having a shirt mold to every contour of your body is wonderful when your a fit 16 yr old girl with all her parts where they should be.

When your a mature woman who has big parts and who breastfed her baby.....well....you really don't want ALL your contours showing. Mens sized Woot! shirts are so much more forgiving lol

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"--from a T-shirt

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cindyscrazyknits?ref=si_shop

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

Lucky, this is so adorable. Congrats!

ztrop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ztrop

The only person I could see buying this t-shirt design for is my totally awesome niece...
and she is 5.

ミ☆  ミ★  ミ☆  ミ★

eam249

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eam249

Is a size Small - (Men) good for most girls?