elviswind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind

Gratz boots . . . always love your work.

lowra921

quality posts: 15 Private Messages lowra921
tcanning wrote:Crossing fingers that the Wookiee shirt got third. Not too confident though. See you in about 24 hours, Woot!

Unfortunately, your crossed fingers won't be working any magic this weekend. Woot posted the final four shirts on Thursday. Hate to be the bearer of bad news...so sorry.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct

Mine! Over and out woot.

bkeokip

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bkeokip

I could buy this shirt... or not.

DaveD1420

quality posts: 7 Private Messages DaveD1420

just bought one, I guess.

kopelman1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kopelman1

Help!!!!!
I want 5 not 3.

polomex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages polomex

In for one. Or not. Whatever.

sdkammer

quality posts: 29 Private Messages sdkammer

In for 3! One for each of us...we will wear them together and BE the Apathy Coalition!!

Or not.

danwo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danwo
AdderXYU wrote:The saddest part about this is that I believe we've just seen iLoop's shirt get robbed a day early. I'd be shocked if it toppled that horrid cake one.

Could you tell me what is so "horrid" about the cake shirt? I really like it..

Ansemx2

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Ansemx2

If they're so apathetic, why do they even care about the punctuation of their slogan? Heck, why even bother with a slogan? They could just tell people, or not. From there, why even have a coalition in the first place...

mpx000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mpx000

It took me a while to click that big stupid button. Even longer to type t

naktipi

quality posts: 4 Private Messages naktipi

Wait, why does it say first place when it's second place? Or am I mistaken???

Mmm. Pie.

kzpokey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kzpokey

Don't like this one....I usually am a fan of most shirt woots...but not this...

ClaudiaM

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ClaudiaM

Boots, you're rockin' second place these days. Roll with it!

Hoping for cake tomorrow. (1. Cuz it looks awesome; 2. because the specific examples on the grammar shirt are spelling, not grammar (2 out of 3, at least), and I get really pedantic about that; 3. reversing R and N in otherwise normal English to look a bit Cyrillic is overdone. The grammar graphic is pretty awesome too, though.)

Edit:

lowra921 wrote:I liked this better on Cranberry....but, I mean, it's whatever, really.

I think it was always on red, but if your display is like my laptop, the red looks cranberry at many angles.

bookworm656

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bookworm656

That grammar shirt had better come up tomorrow...

Woot: I'm in it for the monkeys.

ViperEagle

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ViperEagle

yay! congrats BootsBoots!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
danwo wrote:Could you tell me what is so "horrid" about the cake shirt? I really like it..

Stupid concept and uninteresting design would be among its major sins

azdarkknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages azdarkknight
danwo wrote:Could you tell me what is so "horrid" about the cake shirt? I really like it..

I always think "cake or death"

Personally Im all for cake with pie, why have to choose...

I don't know about todays... while its certainly better than yesterdays - I'm not sure I could see me wearing it and not feel I was poking fun at eastern Europe.. maybe its the red shirt choice..

isparabola

quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola

I have no strong feelings for this shirt one way or the other.

And if BootsBoots reads this i'd like to tell her, "Hello."

(I've been waiting all weekend to use that futurama reference)

jdeloma

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jdeloma

I guess I might as well buy one -- not that it matters either way.

danwo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danwo
AdderXYU wrote:Stupid concept and uninteresting design would be among its major sins

I have another question. After all the times you ripping on this site saying how bad it is, why keep coming here? All we ever see from you is negative comments all the time. Why waste your time? It really doesn't make much sense to me.

isparabola

quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola
danwo wrote:I have another question. After all the times you ripping on this site saying how bad it is, why keep coming here? All we ever see from you is negative comments all the time. Why waste your time? It really doesn't make much sense to me.

He runs a blog about these t-shirts, which alerts me of good t-shirts I might miss out on.

This is a t-shirt site. That's enough of a reason.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
isparabola wrote:I have no strong feelings for this shirt one way or the other.

And if BootsBoots reads this i'd like to tell her, "Hello."

(I've been waiting all weekend to use that futurama reference)

Neutrality is not the same thing as apathy.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

kiyarisan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiyarisan

Hi Bootsboots!

I love the shirt, I'm just really curious: Why in the "not our problem" section are the "b" and the "e" the only two letters not capitalized?

I'm not a designer or anything, but it caught my eye so I was wondering.... why?

kiyarilynn

jenopy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jenopy
kiyarisan wrote:Hi Bootsboots!

I love the shirt, I'm just really curious: Why in the "not our problem" section are the "b" and the "e" the only two letters not capitalized?

I'm not a designer or anything, but it caught my eye so I was wondering.... why?

meh.
It doesn't really matter why, does it?

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
kiyarisan wrote:Hi Bootsboots!

The u and the m aren't capitalized either. And it's always hard to tell with the letter o...

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

wootchawant

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootchawant
jimfrog67 wrote:"Dont" is not a word.

im guessing boots simply couldnt be bothered to add an apostrophe. shes allowed to use artistic license, right? youre probably not gonna buy it anyway, so whats the big deal?

it isnt the end of the world...though it looks like it just a bit...

<=b

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

neonix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neonix

Would be a LOT better if the design wasn't a square...

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
danwo wrote:I have another question. After all the times you ripping on this site saying how bad it is, why keep coming here? All we ever see from you is negative comments all the time. Why waste your time? It really doesn't make much sense to me.

Woot has amazing untapped potential that they refuse to use. I remain here because I feel that someone needs to have the balls to say what many people are thinking. And believe me, no matter how many people insist I'm useless and no one listens, I regularly find the exact opposite sentiment from names I've never seen before. I'm like the Ron Paul of Woot, but less batguano insane. Or the Ralph Nader without being stoned off my face.

There are a good number of talented designers at this site (though I rather dislike tonight's offering, Boots is certainly among them) who simply wouldn't be part of the shirt world without woot. I remain here not only in hopes of supporting them in an environment caustic to purely well-done work, and trying to make the site that got them interested in tee-design more fair for them, but in hopes of finding more of them. I also think Myspace is idiotic, but it can be very helpful for finding new music. The nice thing about woot is, there's some slim chance that things can change here.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

but gets slimmer each day they drag their feet. I figure one day the doors will just close.

SirSunkist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SirSunkist

I've never bought from shirt.woot before. How are these for people that sometimes have to delve into the "big and tall" category?

I'm afraid of ordering since it might be too short. I'm a comfortable 2x, but I ordered a 2x shirt from tanga.com and it's going to end up being too short. I also have problems with the shoulders sometimes.

Kaija

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kaija

LMAO -- I showed today's shirt to my husband & we had a chuckle over it -- I asked him if he wanted to get it & he said "ehhh", which was totally unintended on his part but pretty funny. Apathy over an apathy shirt. :P Love the irony.

"Me like the Robert Downey Jr. of Cookies!" - Cookie Monster on the Colbert Report.

rocketjohn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rocketjohn
SirSunkist wrote:I've never bought from shirt.woot before. How are these for people that sometimes have to delve into the "big and tall" category?

I'm afraid of ordering since it might be too short. I'm a comfortable 2x, but I ordered a 2x shirt from tanga.com and it's going to end up being too short. I also have problems with the shoulders sometimes.

It rather depends how tall - I'm 6ft4, and 'heavy set' as I believe it's politely known - Woot shirts are plently long enough for me - I used to take a 3X but i've since dropped some timber and now take a 2X (yay).

They are much longer than the average tee, in my experience.

In an separate but related note, in for one - my first woot since er.. the scarecrow/moon one on green a while ago - they take so long to arrive to the UK I tend to forget what I ordered.

tortnotes

quality posts: 15 Private Messages tortnotes

Makes me crave broccoli. Or something.

I can't think of a good signature.

KingPotBingSoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KingPotBingSoo

adderxyu is like that one review of a movie that points out things other critics might have missed out on, knowing that movie might actually suck even if others might like it.

you might think he is wasting his time, but he can save you that 10-15 dollars a few times if you read his points.

ps - poor infinityloop - i hate bad grammar, even though mine leaps into the vacuum too.

SirSunkist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SirSunkist
rocketjohn wrote:It rather depends how tall - I'm 6ft4, and 'heavy set' as I believe it's politely known - Woot shirts are plently long enough for me - I used to take a 3X but i've since dropped some timber and now take a 2X (yay).

In an separate but related note, in for one - my first woot since er.. the scarecrow/moon one on green a while ago - they take so long to arrive to the UK I tend to forget what I ordered.

Thanks a bunch. I shall order one.

unixrab

quality posts: 10 Private Messages unixrab
naktipi wrote:Wait, why does it say first place when it's second place? Or am I mistaken???

who cards

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bags of Crap = 3 ------> woot 3.0 is DEAD!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

unixrab

quality posts: 10 Private Messages unixrab
rocketjohn wrote:It rather depends how tall - I'm 6ft4, and 'heavy set' as I believe it's politely known - Woot shirts are plently long enough for me - I used to take a 3X but i've since dropped some timber and now take a 2X (yay).

I'm sorry you shrunk... eat some calcium

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bags of Crap = 3 ------> woot 3.0 is DEAD!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

t3hcyborg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages t3hcyborg

I was just about to click that big, beautiful "I want one" button when I noticed that "Dont" lacked an apostrophe.

dampy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dampy

red broccoli? I don't get it.