HujoeBigs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HujoeBigs
AdderXYU wrote:Woot has amazing untapped potential that they refuse to use. I remain here because I feel that someone needs to have the balls to say what many people are thinking. And believe me, no matter how many people insist I'm useless and no one listens, I regularly find the exact opposite sentiment from names I've never seen before. I'm like the Ron Paul of Woot, but less batguano insane. Or the Ralph Nader without being stoned off my face.

There are a good number of talented designers at this site (though I rather dislike tonight's offering, Boots is certainly among them) who simply wouldn't be part of the shirt world without woot. I remain here not only in hopes of supporting them in an environment caustic to purely well-done work, and trying to make the site that got them interested in tee-design more fair for them, but in hopes of finding more of them. I also think Myspace is idiotic, but it can be very helpful for finding new music. The nice thing about woot is, there's some slim chance that things can change here.

Ahhhhhh, just spent the last 40 minutes googleing you and your designs, read a good majority of your blog. I have one thing to say to you. Sir, you are the most egotistical misinformed Dr. Clayton Forrester this side of the planet. Not only do you slander good work, you go around praising highly generic work that has no sense of purpose other then a doodle in a notebook, NOT EVEN GOOD ONES! Whats even more fun?! Your work, I looked it over, you don't know one thing from another while designing a shirt and I'm quite astonished you have anything printed because you know no more about a illustrator program then me and that is not saying much and even less when it comes to design principle! You get on your high horse to make every one believe you are smart and well informed but in the end all you do is go against popular belief and do as much social networking as possible. Go ahead defend yourself but it is so easy to see past your garbage, it most likely wont illicit a reply from me. Good day.

Now onto the shirt. I'm sorry boots, but this shirt has so much wrong with it, mainly the atomic bomb or should I say the gaint piece of vegetation that some how got transplanted into middle of the city and the terribly generic text around it, the grammar thing isn't much of a big thing to me. I feel it isn't your best work and feels very rushed. You should just be thankful you have a little following and they loyally stick to you and buy/vote for anything you do.

Now I must step back into the shadows before some angry mob decides to chase me down with pitchforks to the Benny Hill's theme song.

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard

too boxy mcbox

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
HujoeBigs wrote:Now I must step back into the shadows before some angry mob decides to chase me down with pitchforks to the Benny Hill's theme song.

Done!

goochas

quality posts: 3 Private Messages goochas

woot will go on whether or not I buy one. My purchase is too insignificant to matter.

hmb3223

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hmb3223

Apathy is a choice too.

And I choose to be in for one apathetic woot tee.

Woot on my friends

Hit the stupidly large button over 130 times and counting - 3 time sucker for the Baggage of Crapola
  • World Famous Woots: Screaming Monkey with Blue, Purple & Orange Capes, plus Glow in the Dark Monkey with Red Cape

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots

Three things:

1. Thanks to everyone for the comments and purchases and apathetic statements. Yay! I mean... whatevs.

2. Sorry if bugs you that there's no apostrophe in the "don't." I took it out because I felt that from a distance the extra spacing there made it harder to read.

3. I had the swine flu when I designed this shirt, so you can think of it as a 2009 commemorative piece. Also, if due to some strange turn of events, I become a well-known artist someday, a college professor might hold up one of these shirts and say, "Now see this Boots piece? This work is from her H1N1 period."

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug

I'm guessing Boots doesn't want us to be so apathetic as to not buy her shirt.

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

BootsBoots

Draug wrote:I'm guessing Boots doesn't want us to be so apathetic as to not buy her shirt.

Well, you know... you've gotta take a stand sometime.

bxsnypa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bxsnypa

shirt covers my apathetic personality

isparabola

quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola
eHalcyon wrote:Neutrality is not the same thing as apathy.

Meh. But the Neutral Planet King was apathetic.

By being neutral you're basically showing no emotion anyways. So it works.

Snackpants05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Snackpants05

I wasn't sure I would like wearing red, the Free Kittens shirt changed my mind. This design is hilarious, took one for me and one for a gift, possibly for the office pool at the end of the year. Still working on wether or not getting someone an apathy themed t-shirt that very likely will not fit them has an inappropriate level of 'I didn't care enough' for the office workplace environment. Great shirt BootsBoots!

crazyharry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazyharry

Best. Derby. Ever. I bought yesterday's design, I want to buy today's, but I think I'm gonna have to hold off. It's a great design though.

Draike

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Draike
HujoeBigs wrote:Not only do you slander good work, you go around praising highly generic work that has no sense of purpose other then a doodle in a notebook, NOT EVEN GOOD ONES!

I'm curious to see which works you're referencing here, because not everyone is going to be spot-on 100% of the time, or it could just be a matter of opinion.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

Felicidades boots boots!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

yeah, it's BOUNCING!!

congrats on the impending sellout, Boots!

srm8ib4

quality posts: 5 Private Messages srm8ib4

Half of the design looks distressed while the other half looks new.

Fujiko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Fujiko

Last wooter to woot: Fujiko

Hmm, this is a really cool design, I think I'll get it, but I don't know, but ZOMG BOUNCING WANT NOW CLICK

Awesome design. Congratulations!

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

purchased one. that was easy. hope it'll get here. eventually. back to bed, it isn't noon yet.

BootsBoots

Jestik wrote:yeah, it's BOUNCING!!

congrats on the impending sellout, Boots!

Thanks! It's my first sellout on woot since my first print. I'm still trying to maintain my apathetic front though. *shrug* *yawn*

Draug

Congrats on the sell-out!

Draug

HujoeBigs wrote:

Now I must step back into the shadows before some angry mob decides to chase me down with pitchforks to the Benny Hill's theme song.

That's right, go hide, chicken. If you're afraid to take the heat of woot's boards DON'T POST.

bkeokip

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bkeokip

I didn't realize how awesome this shirt truly was until I didn't buy it, and now it sold out! Oh well, there is always tomorrow... or maybe not.

swiller

quality posts: 2 Private Messages swiller
bkeokip wrote:I didn't realize how awesome this shirt truly was until I didn't buy it, and now it sold out! Oh well, there is always tomorrow... or maybe not.

me too

I thought, hey, I'm in that coalition - maybe later and now I missed it - but I don't care, either.

imho - Anyone who actually succeeded in getting this shirt isn't apathetic enough to deserve it.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
HujoeBigs wrote:Not only do you slander good work, you go around praising highly generic work that has no sense of purpose other then a doodle in a notebook, NOT EVEN GOOD ONES!

This is so incorrect that it's kind of hilarious. Say what you want about Adder, but he doesn't praise bad work. Saying he praises generic work only shows that you have no idea what generic means.

Go ahead defend yourself but it is so easy to see past your garbage, it most likely wont illicit a reply from me. Good day.

Hilarious. The old "spew idiotic insults and then run away so I don't have to answer when people call me on it" technique.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

Oh, and congrats on the sellout Bootsboots!

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311

Yeah, got mine a tad after midnight. I look forward to wearing this when I really could care less about anything...
Good job, Boots.
Now, off to drink good beer with good friends.
(Yes, Adder, at the Flying Saucer. I'll have one for you).
Not wearing a Woot shirt today. Actually dressed up, so you all know this means I'll see a ton of Woot shirts today. Seems like I see 'em in the wild when the few occassions I am not sporting one.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik

I woke up late and didn't get around to checking the site until much later than I usually do and what do mine eyes see but a Boots sellout? Congrats!

I was really thinking about getting one of these but considering my financial situation these days . . . I'm going to have to pass at the $15 mark unless I somehow get a job before this shirt falls off the reckoning. Would really like to see how this prints, what with the distressing effect and whatnot.

Nice to see you get a sellout, Boots.

applesbananas

quality posts: 10 Private Messages applesbananas
Draug wrote:Congrats on the sell-out!

I totally wanted one of these shirts. Or not, whatever.

Joerz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Joerz

Damn you Gannas!!!!!!

Joedeezyy

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

Felicidades por la venta! Buen trabajo!

PensiveIntensive

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PensiveIntensive
crazyharry wrote:Best. Derby. Ever. I bought yesterday's design, I want to buy today's, but I think I'm gonna have to hold off. It's a great design though.

People. Who. Type. Like. This. Don't. Have. An. Adequate. Enough. Vocabulary. To. Properly. Describe. Their. Ideas. Without. Unnecessary. Punctuation. And. Your. Opinion. Is. Made. To. Sound. Unintelligent. As. A. Result.

Im not surprised I strongly disagree with you.

This derby had some of the best, most well-executed ideas I've seen in my 3ish months of lurking, and none of them are in the final four. By the derby's theme/description/rules, yesterday's shirt should have been rejected. I dont really like this one either(Boots has done much better recently, Ill give her the benefit of the doubt because of the swine flu), but thats my opinion. Square designs just bug the living soul out of me, and so do words (unless its in a Nevermore sort of way) that people have to read. I dont want people stopping me all day to read my shirt- if i want people to notice my shirt, i want it to be because its original and a cool design, not a stupid slogan ive heard 40 times before and grew out of when I finished puberty.

Anyway, by the definition of a derby, this is much closer to the worse than to the best derby ever, simply for the epic fail of rule adherence and lack of rejection.

/End angry rant for not getting Commy Check Lady and Read a Book

Dragonjest

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dragonjest

Just wondering if anyone else noticed that the procrastinator's is still available, but the apathy shirt is sold out. Does this mean that the procrastinators actually put off buying the shirt, but the apathetic buyers cared enough to buy one right away?

avaskylar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avaskylar

WOOT, YOU GUYS ARE TAKING THIS A little BIT TO FAR.... :p

avaskylar

Dragonjest wrote:Just wondering if anyone else noticed that the procrastinator's is still available, but the apathy shirt is sold out. Does this mean that the procrastinators actually put off buying the shirt, but the apathetic buyers cared enough to buy one right away?

Thats what i'm wondering too.

avaskylar

Everything is sold out!!!!!!!!!!!!

djsargent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djsargent

Anyone else realize that the shirt has the "1st Place" medal on it, yet the description says "2nd Place in Derby..."?

Fix this Woot!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
HujoeBigs wrote:

LOL, that happens quite frequently around here. I think it's become a traditional Woot sport. Be sure to bring a helmet and plenty of water to stay hydrated!

PensiveIntensive

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PensiveIntensive
Dragonjest wrote:Just wondering if anyone else noticed that the procrastinator's is still available, but the apathy shirt is sold out. Does this mean that the procrastinators actually put off buying the shirt, but the apathetic buyers cared enough to buy one right away?

Yes, everyone else noticed that. But noone asked, because when they saw the reckoning chart, they read the description. And found that woot sells its "sold-out" shirts(and all the other ones from the week, i believe) for $15 for the rest of the week until Monday, after which everything is "reckoned". Im still not happy about it, but the procrastinator shirt sold out at about 7 in the morning ;)

bageland2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bageland2000

AHHH A decent shirt on woot for ONCE in the last year and I miss it.

sideadde

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sideadde
jimfrog67 wrote:"Dont" is not a word.

Actually it is...just not in English. =)