dravenfrost

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dravenfrost

I am willing to wait for the shirt but this is just getting crazy.

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311

Okay, just got an email. This one should be shipping today.

fitztwg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fitztwg

Got mine today.

Thanks!

zhala

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zhala

Haven't gotten an email with new tracking number or received the shirt yet. Will keep my eyes open for an email from you.

-Zha

blindbutcher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blindbutcher
WootFlair wrote:Sent you a Private Message, Blind.

I'm sorry, but there's nothing new from Woot in my e-mail. I'm starting to wonder what the story is. I know things happen, but this is fairly silly.

dravenfrost

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dravenfrost

Got mine yesterday.
Never did receive any emails or updated tracking number.

semiriot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages semiriot

No luck so far. Oh service@woot.com, won't you please heed my call?

billyboy0321

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billyboy0321

A month and nothing, they tell me that they had a run on my size, and are waiting to get more in.... this is getting bad though.
w00t is one of my faves, but this (even in the holiday season) is tough to understand.

ripprsoul

quality posts: 21 Private Messages ripprsoul

Mine just showed up in a Fedex Express envelope.

blindbutcher

Mine has finally arrived. Things happen, but I will be hesitant to reorder from Woot until they can improve their communication. Delays I get, but total silence is not cool.

cubbiemi

quality posts: 40 Private Messages cubbiemi

blindbutcher - I understand you are frustrated, but do not let 1 experience lower your view of Woot.

Woot had a minor glitch in keeping us in the loop. Had they posted themselves that they had run out of the red shirts things would have been better. This detail was posted by someone else who had emailed service looking for information. Without the blue header I am guessing several of us skipped over that detail being posted.

I was frustrated when I got a tracking link that was invalid, so I contacted service. I made a point of stating I was not the only one with a bad tracking and they might want to hit the forums and update everyone. Lo and behold they came in, saw several unhappy posts and did their best to make it right.

While we would like them to be able to track all discussions on all of the boards, its not humanly possible. Sometimes instead of a post we need to send an email.

Woot expedited shipping for those of us who had to wait. They made refunds to some who had paid for expedited shipping in the first place. Woot made good what could have been a horrible experience. They have apologized, got the shirts out (at no small cost to them), and fallen on their sword.

Behind the scenes I am willing to bet the next time there is a problem with the shirts getting to the printer, they will be posting ASAP if the delay is longer than expected.

Glitches sometimes happen, it is the honesty of accepting the blame and making it right that makes many of us loyal Wooters.

I am sure if you look over woot, shirt.woot, sellout.woot, wine.woot, kids.woot, deals.woot (did I miss one or 10 here?) you will find Woot wants happy customers. They never promise us things on velvet pillows with unicorn hair fringe, and for not offering the "typical" customer service they do their best to make things work out right for the customer.

So in the holiday spirit find a little forgiveness for Woot. Give them another chance to show you how Woot works.

I don't work for Woot, I'm just another customer. I'm not the biggest Wooter, but in the handful of items I've bought across the Woot sites this is the first glitch like this I've hit. This is the exception not the rule. I hope you have many successful woots! ahead of you.

ripprsoul

quality posts: 21 Private Messages ripprsoul
blindbutcher wrote:Mine has finally arrived. Things happen, but I will be hesitant to reorder from Woot until they can improve their communication. Delays I get, but total silence is not cool.

I concur with cubbiemi's post above. This was my 18th shirt from Woot, and was the first time I've had anything less than an ideal experience. I ordered my 19th a week after this shirt, and everything went smoothly. So don't judge shirt.woot on this one incident, as it is not the norm.

blindbutcher

ripprsoul wrote:I concur with cubbiemi's post above. This was my 18th shirt from Woot, and was the first time I've had anything less than an ideal experience. I ordered my 19th a week after this shirt, and everything went smoothly. So don't judge shirt.woot on this one incident, as it is not the norm.

I hear what you're saying. But keep in mind that this isn't a public service we're talking about, it's a business. As you both stated (as did I for that matter), things happen. I don't fault them for having issues, we all have those! Still, if something goes wrong, there should be a process in place to handle the problem. All I'm saying is, it would be nice if Woot had a way to contact all customers with any pertinent issues regarding substantial delays, or other such issues. That's not unreasonable and it also goes a long way towards showing your customers that the business you run is sound.

I am not over and out here with Woot, but I think my concerns are valid, and I imagine I am not the only one who has them. Ya know?

cubbiemi

I think part of the problem was not enough people emailed service when they thought there might be a problem.

I think several of us just assumed that SmartPost was being, well, SmartPost again, and the holidays were slowing things down. We grumbled on the forums but that was the end of it.

We have to remember when things are looking wonky, drop a nice email to service asking whats happening. Its in the instructions we get after every order. If in x days there hasn't been a change, email service.

supermandenver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supermandenver

hmmm...so some people have been lucky enough to have 18 shirts ordered and have 1 bad experience.

I guess it's good I got my bad experience out of the way on my very first order -- incorrect shirt shipped. :p Whatasamatta you (packer), need more caffeine? :p Displeased....good thing this wasn't a gift for anyone else.

Doople

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Doople

Whats with all the shipping problems? I'd like to order it but everyone says they aren't shipping. ^^

Edit: I bought another T-Shirt on the 21st and that hasn't shipped anywhere either. Why all the problems? =x

cubbiemi

Doople wrote:Whats with all the shipping problems? I'd like to order it but everyone says they aren't shipping. ^^

Edit: I bought another T-Shirt on the 21st and that hasn't shipped anywhere either. Why all the problems? =x

21st of December or November?
If November, email service right away.
If December, its not running late yet unless you paid for faster than normal delivery. (I'd also check the original sale page for icons denoting you would not have it by Christmas.)

This specific shirt hit snags. Woot is trying to make it right, but posts on the forums do not accomplish much. If it has been longer than it says on the receipt page hit the button and drop a note to service.

As to everyone saying it is not shipping. I believe the original sale had 3000 shirts sold. There are not 3000 posts screaming wheres my shirt. There was a delay for some orders, Woot became aware of the problem when customers sent emails to service instead of complaining on the forums.

Woot swooped in, explained the problem, upgraded shipping speed, made refunds of expiated shipping, fended off the zombie hordes, and still had time to make sure the reindeer were fed for Santa's big day.

Several of us who were waiting, have our shirts now. People are more likely to post complaints than to post thanks or follow up messages.

There is not a huge plot being run by bunnies to steal your hard earned money with promises of fake shirts.

Glad I could clear this up.

undertow976

quality posts: 6 Private Messages undertow976

I didn't get my shirt yet, and I just want to say, "Whatever..."

zuht

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zuht

Ordered one during the wootoff, and they sent me something completely different. Maybe this design is cursed?

dmecey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmecey

Awesome Shirt!!! Can't wait to get it....it better be in my mail today!

DocMenach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DocMenach

Well I finally ordered it during today's woot-off. I'm amazed how long this shirt has survived the reckoning.

AlanRob

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AlanRob

I ordered mine on April 29th. It is supposed to be delivered May 17th. Wow.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5

Are the people finally too apathetic to buy this shirt? Say it ain't so!

fes

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fes

Since it's fallen to 21 (danger zone), I guess I'll finally have to commit to it. Your works rule Boots!

SpazX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpazX

Damn, reckoned. Bought one to try to keep it up, but to no avail.

csnhsyearbook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csnhsyearbook
SpazX wrote:Damn, reckoned. Bought one to try to keep it up, but to no avail.

I also tried to help stop its reckoning, but no luck either. Sorry, boots. It was an awesome shirt.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
csnhsyearbook wrote:I also tried to help stop its reckoning, but no luck either. Sorry, boots. It was an awesome shirt.

Thanks guys. I'm a little bummed.

skwerl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skwerl

Bah, I've wanted this shirt for months but didn't realize till today that it was actually still around. And by still around, I discovered that it isn't still around. I'm so depressed... Boots, I'll buy this shirt directly from you for double the price if you have any available. I want it desperately... :*-(

00h00m

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 00h00m
BootsBoots wrote:Thanks guys. I'm a little bummed.

Boots, if it makes you feel any better... I was just watching Victorious with my daughter on Nickelodeon. It is sort of this generation's Saved By The Bell. So anyway, in The Great Ping Pong Scam episode (S01E11) there is a kid wearing this shirt!

I literally exclaimed "That's on of Boot's shirts!"

Still one of my favorites of all time.

tomtom119

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomtom119

After a shirt has been reckoned it can no longer be purchased? if this is true can someone please tell me another place i can buy this shirt.

zanegreenleaf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zanegreenleaf

I agree with TomTom. I am looking for this shirt as well and if anyone has one they are willing to part with or know of a place I can get one it would be most appreciated.

roysterer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages roysterer

When I saw that they're now selling every design they've ever printed, I immediately thought of this shirt. I've been waiting for it to appear in a weekly event, but now I don't have to

lgarey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lgarey

When will you make this into a pullover hoodie? Hint.