ClaudiaM

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ClaudiaM
boxjock wrote:Whaddya mean "after January 2nd"? Don't you know that Christmas is (for some people) a 12-day feast that begins on the 25th of December and doesn't end until the 6th of January? Even in South America where the only sn*w is on top of the mountains, where it belongs!

Gah!

Not to mention those who celebrate on the Orthodox calendar.

Anyhoo, I've always felt Christmas decorations were kosher (see what I did there?) through Epiphany. Twelfth night, y'all.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
mjc613 wrote:I am finding it hard to believe that men voted for this. It is very pretty, and very feminine, despite the blue. DH would not wear this, no sirree.

it's documented that people buy stuff for their wives/girlfriends on here. though that does make it puzzling w/regard to how many comments were left this derby about some designs being "too girly", yet this one prints anyway.

apparently having a cute girl on your design makes it "girly", unless you're kaseyfleming. ;)

Alchy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Alchy
xazothia wrote:I just noticed the writeup says that this shirt's placement is "right side" - I know it's on the right of the comp, but wouldn't it actually be left placement, since that's the side of your body it's going to appear on?

That's the right side. It's left, but that's right. :D

TheBrownKid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheBrownKid

The bird's pretty and sparkly and all... but can we really stop with the side placement of the designs on these shirts? We get one at least once every two weeks or something o.o

"'Your friends... What kind of people are they? I wonder... Do those people... think of you... as a friend?
'You... What makes you happy? I wonder... What makes you happy... Does it make... others happy, too?
'The right thing... What is it? I wonder... If you do the right thing... Does it really make... everybody... happy?
'Your true face... What kind of face is it? I wonder... The face under the mask... Is that... your true face?'"

~ The Masked Children, Majora's Mask

jenopy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jenopy

Bluebird
Charles Bukowski

there's a bluebird in my heart that
wants to get out
but I'm too tough for him,
I say, stay in there, I'm not going
to let anybody see
you.
wants to get out
but I pour whiskey on him and inhale
cigarette smoke
and the whores and the bartenders
and the grocery clerks
never know that
he's
in there.

wants to get out
but I'm too tough for him,
I say,
stay down, do you want to mess
me up?
you want to screw up the
works?
you want to blow my book sales in
Europe?
wants to get out
but I'm too clever, I only let him out
at night sometimes
when everybody's asleep.
I say, I know that you're there,
so don't be
sad.
then I put him back,
but he's singing a little
in there, I haven't quite let him
die
and we sleep together like
that
with our
secret pact
and it's nice enough to
make a man
weep, but I don't
weep, do
you?

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Tis the season for excellent.

Congrats on the win Ramy, to me this was one of the most beautiful designs of the derby. Also, I can finally get my navy Woot.

WriteWay

quality posts: 9 Private Messages WriteWay

Parson Brown's destruction was probably for the best. It'll save him a nasty trial for impersonating a member of the clergy. Besides, weddings performed by snowmen aren't recognized in most states.

ClaudiaM

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ClaudiaM

*fangirls xaz for using the word 'cloaca'*

Also, OW!

smasumur

quality posts: 4 Private Messages smasumur
jmmbell1987 wrote:And they made Wal-Mart quip too. Woot is feeling snarky tonight.

Snarky is good. I like the "Links" link myself.

cihad

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cihad

Definitely a fan of the blue

If woot selects this as important I will have been on all 4 sites minus deals.woot for interesting comments...

• Woots: 94
  • Shirt Woots: 15
  • Sellout Woots: 18
  • Wine Woots: 16
  • Kids Woots: 9
  • Random Bags of koi: 12

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
chrisprender wrote:Why do I have the urge to describe this shirt in 140 or fewer characters?

because it's not even worth that many?

slvrwhispr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slvrwhispr

Y'all can beat your dead horse about ramy's swirls all you want, but with snowflakes, swirls work. In a big way. This is the first of his side-placement-swirl designs I've actually liked, and I LOVE it. Purchased without thinking twice, will wear it gladly all winter long. I don't hold design grudges. If it clicks, it clicks. For me, this one clicked.

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
Stark wrote:This will go great with my Fire Swallower

Not with my Fire Swallower.

svgarcia415

quality posts: 0 Private Messages svgarcia415

Sigh... When will people grow tired of these type of "designs"?
Here's hoping for a better selection for 2nd and 3rd place.

Acorns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Acorns

RamyB didn't design Imposter...

wootasourous

quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous
Acorns wrote:RamyB didn't design Imposter...

It was a collaboration between Seki and Ramyb

SirSquinty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SirSquinty
svgarcia415 wrote:Sigh... When will people grow tired of these type of "designs"?
Here's hoping for a better selection for 2nd and 3rd place.

Would you rather silly designs that are supposed to be funny? Or would you prefer cool stylized designs such as this one? Personally, I'd prefer the latter, but that's just a personal preference.

labrat0017

quality posts: 9 Private Messages labrat0017

this is pretty....but I just got Krampus in the mail and it doesn't fit nearly as well as other two size medium woots I have. What's up with that? It's like really really long. I must have missed the sizing change post? I guess I have been MIA on here for a bit.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
SirSquinty wrote:Would you rather silly designs that are supposed to be funny? Or would you prefer cool stylized designs such as this one? Personally, I'd prefer the latter, but that's just a personal preference.

I like both! Horray variety!

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
labrat0017 wrote:this is pretty....but I just got Krampus in the mail and it doesn't fit nearly as well as other two size medium woots I have. What's up with that? It's like really really long. I must have missed the sizing change post? I guess I have been MIA on here for a bit.

I asked before if people were comparing washed shirts to unwashed shirts... I lose a lot of length after washing mine.

dhmarr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhmarr

This shirt appeals to me due to expert usage of glowiness and swirls.

Blech.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez

Sweet! They brought shirt.woot classics back apparently!

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 23 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
irulan wrote:The snowflakes are nice, but the size of the bird makes the composition look awkward to me.

I personally really dislike the bird's head and face. I mean, the whole 'chibi' eyes on -this- type of shirt just don't match up. It could have used a stronger, more realistic look. Mixing the toony and swirly looks just didn't work here. It detracts from the snowflake portion. If it weren't for that, I'd say it would make a nice winter shirt. Up past the wings, the bird looks alright. But the head's structure and the eyes (and yes, I know birds do have black eyes) just don't look right. *shrugs*

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

fleamarketadict

quality posts: 8 Private Messages fleamarketadict
SSchwartz wrote:So if the blue bird is going away, where is this new bird? He should be showing up anytime now...

We can only hope.....

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
bluchez wrote:Sweet! They brought shirt.woot classics back apparently!

T_T You had me all excited. I clicked on the classics link before I realized you were being funny. lol

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

j-o-h-n

quality posts: 4 Private Messages j-o-h-n
mjc613 wrote:I am finding it hard to believe that men voted for this. It is very pretty, and very feminine, despite the blue. DH would not wear this, no sirree.

Do sock puppets have a gender?

Higher prices AND crappier blanks, no thank you

airesso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages airesso

Actually I just bought one myself. I'm a guy and plan on wearing it. It reminds me of all the abstract shirts that use to populate the derbies. I wish we would see more like that, but this is a solid design.

kavaea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kavaea

Dear Woot,

Winter themed shirts would sell very well if they were long sleeved. And while you ponder tinkering with the shirt sales formula, how about a decent size range for women? As attractive as it may be for men's bellies to hang out the bottom of a shirt, the same cannot be said for women.

Coelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Coelli
kavaea wrote:As attractive as it may be for men's bellies to hang out the bottom of a shirt, the same cannot be said for women.

Totally with you on this one. I have quite a few women's XLs from woot - even though I'm a M they run very small - but I gave up and ordered my last few shirts in the men's sizes because of the length. I'm only 5'2" but long in the torso and the women's shirts are just too short for me.

uncchris

quality posts: 6 Private Messages uncchris

I look forward to receiving this shirt in my March 2010 random shirt order. I'm sure there will be someone at my local Goodwill store who will love it. After all, 'tis better to give than to receive, and Christmas is the season for giving!

CoryBlink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CoryBlink

Anyone notice how similar this shirt is to the "Music is life" shirt ????

ztrop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ztrop

I wouldn't pay money for this design but thanx for the new DESKTOP WALLPAPER

ミ☆  ミ★  ミ☆  ミ★

Paradox55

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Paradox55
bassanimation wrote:Tis the season for excellent.

Don't give up hope..there's always a chance for excellence tomorrow or the day after.

bondgirlsc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bondgirlsc
kavaea wrote:Dear Woot,

Winter themed shirts would sell very well if they were long sleeved. And while you ponder tinkering with the shirt sales formula, how about a decent size range for women? As attractive as it may be for men's bellies to hang out the bottom of a shirt, the same cannot be said for women.

Agree on all points. I'd enjoy a long-sleeved winter shirt! And as a 5'10" lady with a long torso, the women's sizes just don't cut it. Woot seems to recognize that the male portion of their client base comes in a wide range of sizes; where's the love for the ladies?

FireMom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FireMom

God forbid Woot offer up a shirt that wasn't uber-masculine.

-FireMom of StopDropandBlog.com

michalc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages michalc

must have flown by my house last night... burr it was cold!

bellarific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific
Coelli wrote:Totally with you on this one. I have quite a few women's XLs from woot - even though I'm a M they run very small - but I gave up and ordered my last few shirts in the men's sizes because of the length. I'm only 5'2" but long in the torso and the women's shirts are just too short for me.

Me too! I bought a Women's Medium for my first shirt and it was offensively short (I'm 5'7''). I love the design and it's a shame it can't be seen in public more often, but I have to be in a certain kind of mood to tug and fight with a shirt all day.

flynnerdsp

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flynnerdsp

music is life much?

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
kavaea wrote:Dear Woot,

Why do I keep trying to click a 'like' button on Woot?

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
jmmbell1987 wrote:Also, this: "Don’t wear this shirt: After January 2nd. And take down your lights, already!" is downright offensive to anyone who celebrates a Filipino Christmas. It goes to January 6th, dammit!

We are extremely supportive of the Filipino community.